Serenity House Moultrie Colquitt Coun...

Serenity House Moultrie Colquitt County Abused Womens Shelter

Posted in the Pavo Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Moultrie, GA

#1 Feb 21, 2013
Have any of yall been to this shelter oh man they treat you like a criiminal. Its all about controlling you and your kids. I went there for help to get away from my husband and when I got there it was like prison (never been to prison though). I couldnt leave I wanted to get something to eat cause they only had old can goods for us and our children. They said I couldnt leave and its like what can I do cause I aint got no where else to go? I was in the tv area watching tv and the staff was searching thru my personal items. They also smoke in the play area the staff are chain smokers and my baby picked up one of the staffs cigeretts that was left on the table and my baby put it in her mouth, it was nasty! Then once I left that place I started getting stalked by them. They called my babys school and told the school nurse I wasnt a clean person to check my baby school clcothes and body for dirt, etc. After they found nothing they told me who said it. They called my case worker at defaux and told her I was working but hiding it and the case worker sent me a letter about reducing my benefits and fraud, etc. I mean them people really put me in the mix it was ridiculous trying to clear my name everywhere but then I asked some officials to help me cause I am being stalked by them and its in their hands now. I was wondering if anybody else been thru it with these people?
n_hill

Moultrie, GA

#2 Aug 27, 2013
hey i just did a google search and saw this. yeah they are pieces of shit i would never refer anyone there i stayed at the shelter and i rather go back to my abuserr then be there. they rambled thru my stuff when i went to an appointment they had all the girls fighting in the house so that we wouldnt team up and call the state on them they wouldnt let me leave for 3 weeks and they took my phone and went thru all mmy texts and calls and questioned me about it they called the law because my daughter wet the bed they tried to get my kids taken away from me so i would say f*ck serenity house go to tifton or thomasville for shelter or email me i no some cool landlords that will work with u [email protected]
Swanson

Moultrie, GA

#3 Jan 1, 2014
@n_hill ya i totally get everything ur saying. when i was there rachael was in the office at the apartments n she acts like an over grown kid. ridiculousness. she's a stalker to. some of my church members helped me get the hell out of there n when rachael found out where i worked she kept coming to my job pretending like she was gone buy something. weirdo ass grown woman acting like a damn child. starting drama with everybody didnt make any sense. i feel sorry for those girls there. i can only pray that they get the hell out like i did.
Rachel

Moultrie, GA

#4 Feb 6, 2014
@ Swanson....I am sorry you feel that way.....by the way Swanson is not your name. Stalker?? No, I don't have time for that childish game and if I recall you was terminated from the program due to your own fault and yes your church members helped you move out. Everyone has a right to their own opinion but the truth is what counts and I know the truth!
Boss Lady

Franklin, GA

#5 Feb 19, 2014
F*CK SERENITY HOUSE..
I COULDNT STAND THE S*IT AND WOULDNT REFER ANYONE TO GO THERE.. THEY ALL ARE FULL OF S*IT.. STRAIGHT UP!!
Tulips6219

United States

#6 Oct 22, 2014
For anyone reading these negative posts about Serenity House don't believe everything you read. Serenity House is a safe haven for battered women and goes above and beyond to provide help to those who are victims of DV. There will always be disgruntled employees/clients. The reality is this there are rules put in place for the protection of clients/staff. No one is trying to run anyone's life and no one is held hostage all clients are free to leave the shelter if they decide it is not what they want or are unable to comply with the rules.
Jenny

Eastaboga, AL

#7 Apr 25, 2015
Case mgr doesn't do her job she forgets about our appointments doesn't buy groceries for the house on a regular basis if your diebetic you have to eat three times a day .a staff told me she is taking a prescription that she gave her isn't that the same as taking drugs also you can't rely on her.the staff who gave her the un prescribed prescription gives everyone a hard time for no reason I have been their for awhile and it isn't run right you have staff that care but you got ones that don't we are people too and just because we are in this circumstance doesn't mean we don't deserve respect they never take us no where fun either we have to get a pass just to get out sometimes one of staff was taking everyone to church but was also gossiping about all of us and it got back that she was being two face which she talks to another staff about us and other staff and case mgr too.they didn't know we could hear them on the porch when they take smoke breaks but we did .they shouldn't treat us like we are different I'm sorry but I think they need to investigate and really look into how this house is run bc I think we should be treated better

Since: Jun 15

United States

#8 Jun 9, 2015
Just a few thoughts on these posts that are obviously made by people who didn't get their way or do not understand what a shelter for women and children of domestic violence is designed for.
In one post someone claims to have been treated like a criminal, being controlled, couldn't leave whenever they desired, another post plundered through belongings, had phone taken and searched, held "hostage"and another claims case manager didn't do job, didn't buy groceries regularly, didn't get to go anywhere "fun"and was talked about by staff.
Hmmm... Where to begin, let's start here. It is a shelter NOT A HOLIDAY INN, their job is to protect those who come in and yes believe it or not that includes restricting access to the outside world , not allowing the use of cell phones , checking said cell phones if there is cause to believe confidentiality has been breached, checking personal belongings for contraband ( cell phones, drugs, weapons, alcohol ). Certain case manager bought groceries , just a thought maybe it wasn't what you wanted, certain that appointments were kept as long as she was made aware of said appointment in time to schedule transportation, awe and couldn't go anywhere fun, well seems like you ARE /WERE AT A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SHELTER NOT ON HOLIDAY OR AT SCHOOL FOR FIELD TRIPS.
So let's see you are at a shelter for your protection or in some cases because you are homeless . You are being provided free housing, food, transportation, phone, personal hygiene items, clothing, diapers for your children, free medication, access to internet to job search etc... ABSOLUTELY FREE NO CHARGE TO YOU and you choose to go on a forum and trash the very ones who took you in and provided your needs AT NO CHARGE. But are not bold or honest enough to put out how you treated the employees and other clients, the rules you broke , no that would just make you look bad and wouldn't play into the I'm so mistreated ruse.
So in closing I want everyone to know Serenity House is a FANTASTIC SHELTER, with caring loving staff who bend over backwards to help those who come through the doors even after they know they are being played and used. I know this to be true because I have had first hand experience with the staff and clients . So maybe if you were doing what you were suppose to while there instead of trying to tear people down you would have had a more positive experience.
Whitney

United States

#9 Jul 10, 2015
Justice007 wrote:
Just a few thoughts on these posts that are obviously made by people who didn't get their way or do not understand what a shelter for women and children of domestic violence is designed for.
In one post someone claims to have been treated like a criminal, being controlled, couldn't leave whenever they desired, another post plundered through belongings, had phone taken and searched, held "hostage"and another claims case manager didn't do job, didn't buy groceries regularly, didn't get to go anywhere "fun"and was talked about by staff.
Hmmm... Where to begin, let's start here. It is a shelter NOT A HOLIDAY INN, their job is to protect those who come in and yes believe it or not that includes restricting access to the outside world , not allowing the use of cell phones , checking said cell phones if there is cause to believe confidentiality has been breached, checking personal belongings for contraband ( cell phones, drugs, weapons, alcohol ). Certain case manager bought groceries , just a thought maybe it wasn't what you wanted, certain that appointments were kept as long as she was made aware of said appointment in time to schedule transportation, awe and couldn't go anywhere fun, well seems like you ARE /WERE AT A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SHELTER NOT ON HOLIDAY OR AT SCHOOL FOR FIELD TRIPS.
So let's see you are at a shelter for your protection or in some cases because you are homeless . You are being provided free housing, food, transportation, phone, personal hygiene items, clothing, diapers for your children, free medication, access to internet to job search etc... ABSOLUTELY FREE NO CHARGE TO YOU and you choose to go on a forum and trash the very ones who took you in and provided your needs AT NO CHARGE. But are not bold or honest enough to put out how you treated the employees and other clients, the rules you broke , no that would just make you look bad and wouldn't play into the I'm so mistreated ruse.
So in closing I want everyone to know Serenity House is a FANTASTIC SHELTER, with caring loving staff who bend over backwards to help those who come through the doors even after they know they are being played and used. I know this to be true because I have had first hand experience with the staff and clients . So maybe if you were doing what you were suppose to while there instead of trying to tear people down you would have had a more positive experience.
Whitney Whitney.
Whitney

United States

#10 Jul 10, 2015
what about the shelter in waycross they still money clothes. and everything
Whitney

United States

#11 Jul 10, 2015
they atlease. went to the grocery that black lady ms sandra would stealall the food out of the shelter she eats there every night too,they take all the new clothes and.trade them with old clothes
What Happen

United States

#12 Jul 22, 2015
People... Please don't judge this place but from a few days ago experience; the doors need to be shut and closed down. Why? 99% of the staff needs help from the abuse they inflicts upon the clients as they called us. Every thing I have read in these post are not only true but so much more was not mentioned. The staff is under trained no real support unless you make it happen yourself. Roaches Roaches Roaches everywhere you turn and enough flies inside the kitchen to make fly stew -they are bad. The food was what you made of it. Groceries were bought and donated, some of us was not wasteful but there were some that went thru it like water. More fruits should have been available and vegetables-fresh. Grown clients attacking children and serenity house did nothing; but got that white woman out and placed her in a hotel. We come into this shelter running for our life for protection from abuse and winds up being abused. Threatened by write ups for nothing, not allowed to eat after 8pm, not allowed to go out for specific occasions of business, being lied on by staff and some clients, they help whom they want to help. Its not right to anyone who seek refuge from Serenity house only to wind up being mistreated or kicked out by the sheriff department in which be called on false pretenses.,...... I hope these doors be shut down until it can be restaffed as well as be de bugged from Roaches, bed bugs, and flies.Everything here posted this 22nd day of July 2015 is all truth and more still not included.
What Happen

United States

#13 Jul 22, 2015
Whitney wrote:
they atlease. went to the grocery that black lady ms sandra would stealall the food out of the shelter she eats there every night too,they take all the new clothes and.trade them with old clothes
Whitney believe you me they're gonna soon get caught. If people do not want to help when you're going through a crisis that will bring some one into one of these places- rest a sure it will not be long before they trip up and get caught. It's gonna come to an end. I pray these people change their ways and allow what they stand for be pouerd out in love to help hurting women and children. I pray I never have to turn to another shelter but I thank God for the experience.. Serenity House really did me wrong coming down to the end. There was no transition for me and we now even today sleep on the floor. Michelle that works there is a great and beautiful person but there were some things she could have made a difference in - when it came to some of the lyig calls she received at night. My hand is in the Lord's hand.
Tulips6219

Du Pont, GA

#14 Jul 28, 2015
I know who you are "what happened " . I'm going to tell you what happened seeing as the truth is not in you. You came seeking shelter and for a little while did as you were suppose to. Then as time progressed you began to break rules, by the way that you signed an agreement to follow ALL SHELTER RULES AND POLICIES. Then you would not provide a schedule for your "job", you made your child do your chores , you bullied other clients, you caused disruption in the house on a regular basis , these are just a few of the " what happened", so if you gonna tell things tell EVERYTHING, the good , the bad and the ugly. Tell how you behaved not like the " saint" you proclaim to be .
Disgusted

Ocilla, GA

#15 Jul 28, 2015
To the What Happened.. how can you be so stupid. First you are such a liar. You caused your own troubles. As far as the staff they were doing their job. You want to preach and accused staff on wrong doing towards you. Lady you best need to take a long look at yourself. As a client that was there with you, hated every moment you were there. You caused so much trouble and would not go by the rules that you agreed and signed to follow. You want people to belive your such a saint ,but I hate to tell you your just straight evil. I been wanted to tell you for a while now but I needed Serenity House at that time. You accused the staff of doing you wrong, but guess what? You were wrong. You treated that place like you controlled it. You came and went as you liked and dared staff to Say to anything to you. You talk about investigating the place oh please do. All you will find is a friendly place with a group of staff that will do what it takes to help you. So before you continue with your junk and all the others before you that want to make Serentiy House look bad. Look at you behaviors first. QUIT WANTING EVERYTHING IN YOUR LIFE HANDED TO YOU. GET OFF YOU SORRY BUTTS AND BE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUSELF.
abused by serenity house

United States

#17 Aug 18, 2015
Disgusted wrote:
To the What Happened.. how can you be so stupid. First you are such a liar. You caused your own troubles. As far as the staff they were doing their job. You want to preach and accused staff on wrong doing towards you. Lady you best need to take a long look at yourself. As a client that was there with you, hated every moment you were there. You caused so much trouble and would not go by the rules that you agreed and signed to follow. You want people to belive your such a saint ,but I hate to tell you your just straight evil. I been wanted to tell you for a while now but I needed Serenity House at that time. You accused the staff of doing you wrong, but guess what? You were wrong. You treated that place like you controlled it. You came and went as you liked and dared staff to Say to anything to you. You talk about investigating the place oh please do. All you will find is a friendly place with a group of staff that will do what it takes to help you. So before you continue with your junk and all the others before you that want to make Serentiy House look bad. Look at you behaviors first. QUIT WANTING EVERYTHING IN YOUR LIFE HANDED TO YOU. GET OFF YOU SORRY BUTTS AND BE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUSELF.
Kinda glad i looked on this post. Yall still lying and in and in full denial. That's why yall don't have your job anymore. May God bless your lying souls. May Hof judge between you all and myself. I see yall still mad.
Tulips6219

United States

#18 Aug 21, 2015
abused by serenity house wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda glad i looked on this post. Yall still lying and in and in full denial. That's why yall don't have your job anymore. May God bless your lying souls. May Hof judge between you all and myself. I see yall still mad.
Silly rabbit, tricks is for kids
disappointed

Campbell, CA

#19 Jan 12, 2016
As an outsider looking for information about Serenity House, this is the first thing that pops up.
I am more disturbed by what appears to be staff responding to previous residents in such a childish manner.
I am not even sure what to think of this place now. Its really unfortunate the level of care we are providing here in Moultrie for women seeking shelter. Clearly we are only hearing one side of the story from previous residents and their perspective on the situation. Any person with common sense would know that people only take the time to write negative and rarely take the time to praise someone. I am sure many women have found refuge and help from Serenity House. By staff responding the way they did only confirms for me that the most part of this is more than likely true.
Note to staff, be what you were called to be at the shelter and not a clean up crew for peoples opinion. It only makes you look bad.
WriteOrWrong93

United States

#21 Mar 30, 2016
I was moved to the Serenity house at the age of 13, and I honestly can say it was the absolute best place for my family at the time. They did so much for us and especially my mother. At the time I was there they provided daycare, took and picked us kids up from school and provided us with a place to live. I honestly don't know about the other comments but for me, if it weren't for the Serenity house I don't know where my family would be. I met people that influenced me and became close friends. It felt like family. They allowed us to go out and do normal things, so I can't relate to feeling like it was a prisoner. Yes, they had rules but what place doesn't. Rules are there to protect you and your family and if you don't like how they do things, it's very easy to leave. I'm now 22 and no longer there, but I'll always have memories of those people there and what they did for my family, and I sincerely thank them.
Jenny

Albany, GA

#22 Jul 17, 2016
Serenity house is ran by white supremacist. DO NOT go there expecting help. They will feed u and ur kids old food, stored in the freezer for 8 months 1 a year and longer. They talk about clients to other clients and amonst staff members trying to get clients to turn against each other so that they can maintain a sense of control over the house. They have hidden cameras ther n r always watching u. They hold u hostage n threaten to put u out if u need to leave or go somewhere like to the store to get some real food. If u come there with nothing on ur foodstamp card they gone think u lying. They ramble thru ur stuff while u at church. Church has to be approve u cant just go but its the only freedom u have. They will call the police on u if they think ur talking to a man. I would stay far away from this place. They put girls out on the street with their children without warning it was wake up, pack and get out. Stay away from serenity house. U have been warned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pavo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christi Williams Jan 10 Dancer 1
News NewKKK finds place to rally in Brantley County (Feb '10) Dec '16 NC Girl 45
Your Wife Is Cheating (Jun '16) Nov '16 Pigcorkio 5
News 22 "Johns" arrested in prostitution sting (Jan '14) Oct '16 AIPAC is treason 21
math (Aug '07) Oct '16 Pigcorkio 3
Lake City, Florida (Dec '07) Sep '16 Pigcorkio 3
Brittany hobegood Sep '16 Pigcorkio 4

Pavo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pavo Mortgages