Schumer seeks action on Pavilion Post...

Schumer seeks action on Pavilion Post Office

There are 3 comments on the Buffalo News story from Dec 17, 2008, titled Schumer seeks action on Pavilion Post Office. In it, Buffalo News reports that:

Sen. Charles E. Schumer, D-N. Y., has written a personal letter to Postmaster General John E. Potter requesting immediate help for the Genesee County community of Pavilion, where the post office at 11142 Lake ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buffalo News.

Mornin Joe Meltdown

Ontario, NY

#1 Dec 29, 2008
“It shouldn’t take over a month to figure out the steps in replacing the post office and I am urging the U. S. Postal Service to immediately look into this situation.” Chuck U Schumer to the rescue, we are so blessed. I agree that it shouldn't take a month but this is federal government and it could take years at the light speed they operate. Your tax dollars hard at work once again.
One who knows

Pittsford, NY

#2 Jan 19, 2009
Mornin Joe Meltdown wrote:
“It shouldn’t take over a month to figure out the steps in replacing the post office and I am urging the U. S. Postal Service to immediately look into this situation.” Chuck U Schumer to the rescue, we are so blessed. I agree that it shouldn't take a month but this is federal government and it could take years at the light speed they operate. Your tax dollars hard at work once again.
Sorry to tell you, but the US Postal Service is not a Federal Government agency and our tax dollars do not subsidize it. Chuck Schumer can write all the letters he wants and the town of Pavilion can cry all they want, but if the Postal Service determines that the revenues generated by the Pavilion Post Office don't pay enough to support a Postmaster and supporting staff (who can work out of a neighboring office, like LeRoy) then they will close the office. The days of a Post Office in every town are coming to a close. Be happy that they still provide rural free delivery.
Life Coach

Capivari, Brazil

#3 Feb 2, 2009
I agree

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pavilion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wtf Jul 21 greyso 2
Joelle shoots up cars Jul 18 fing pukes 1
News Law and Order: Suspect caught going through veh... Jun '17 white china 1
Raise the Age bill is an obstacle in state budget Apr '17 crooked pukes 1
woman arrested for allegedly stabbing man with ... Mar '17 wyoming pukes 1
News Law and Order: Man accused of breaking into Yel... Mar '17 fake 20s 1
Fire reported at Castile Diner Feb '17 fu dadd and da 4

Pavilion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance