Father Kills His 3 Kids, Then Himself

Father Kills His 3 Kids, Then Himself

There are 56 comments on the The Associated Press story from Oct 17, 2006, titled Father Kills His 3 Kids, Then Himself . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

A man having marital problems fatally shot his three young children then killed himself Tuesday after leaving a message about the shootings on his wife's cell phone, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Albert

AOL

#1 Oct 17, 2006
This is a tragedy that makes no sense.My deepest simpothy goes out to the grieving mother of the children and to her father who is a friend and resident of our small mountain community in California.May God be with you all
Terry

Richardson, TX

#2 Oct 18, 2006
Hope he rots in hell! So because he has marital problems and wants to get back at his wife, he ends the lives of 3 innocent children. How selfish of an act is that? He's (was) human garbage.
The Landers Family

San Luis Obispo, CA

#3 Oct 19, 2006
This "human garbage" as you called him was my cousin! He was a hardworking man and loved his children very, very much! WE knew him from childhood and saw that he was a very quiet, kind person.

Whatever went wrong in his head, I'll never understand. I can only hope that God will forgive him, but it is not any of OUR places to judge him. I am angry with him for this, but I know the man he was growing up. Others do not.

My heart goes out to Misty and her family. None of us here on the west coast can understand this. It has broken our hearts like we've never felt before. I can only say that there was more to Jay than this incident has shown. I only pray that my Uncle J.D.(his father) is holding and loving the babies in heaven right now! They did NOT deserve this and I'm not sure if my heart can forgive Jay. I loved him because he was my cousin, but I'm angry with him for all of this!
Landers Family

Castaic, CA

#4 Oct 21, 2006
How dare you judge my cousin in this way. I am another cousin of Jay's and I love him and his babies very much. I also know and love Misti. I cared for his oldest baby for a while when Misti went back to school. Misti is and always will be a part of our family. I admit that I have judged others in the past when hearing of horrific headline news. This experience has helped me realize that most of the time there is no way for any of us to understand the situation unless we know all of the details. There is so much more to this tragedy that most of you will never know- and that no one except the family needs to know. My cousin was a wonderful and loving man and he did everything for his children and his family. He moved from CA to have a better life for himself and his family. I have nothing but fond memories of him growing up- we are pretty close in age. I have several memories of him and his children with me and my family. Everyone is grieving right now. It does not help when judgemental people post comments about things that they do not know anything about. Misti- I pray for you as a friend and a family member and most importantly- as a mother. God bless you and I hope that you get through this. I am so sorry for all of the pain that Jay caused you and your family. I know that I am hurting as well as our family. The person who committed this crime was not the man I knew. It is an inconceivable crime that I will never understand. My uncle J.D. (his father) is in heaven and he will get to take care of his babies now. I know that the babies did not deserve this- I too do not know if I will ever be able to forgive my cousin. I will always love him and those beautiful babies that were only here for a short time. No one on this earth has the right to judge my cousin. Please do not say such horrible things about a person that you do not know. He is still very loved and missed. All of us are hurting. I can not rationalize what happened. Misti has forgiven Jay. I don't think it should matter if anyone else does. I love you Jay, Jay Jr. (Bubby), Derrek, and Katana. I will miss you forever.-your loving cousin
Landers CENTRAL VALLEY

Castaic, CA

#5 Oct 22, 2006
JUST A NOTE TO SAY THAT I AM FROM THE CENTRAL VALLEY IN CA NOT ROSEVILLE AS STATED IN THE PREVIOUS MESSAGE FOR SOME REASON.
Sheila

AOL

#6 Oct 23, 2006
I have known Jay all my life. I ran into him in Morro Bay over the summer and my sister and I both said "same old Jay, hasn't changed a bit" We were all devestated to hear the news. He was a very good friend and we wil miss him. I'm so glad we had a chance to see him. Our thoughts are with his family now, there's no point in calling names or pointing fingers. That will only hurt those left behind even more.
Cal

Laton, CA

#7 Oct 23, 2006
So I guess if she had just come home like he asked....she'd be dead too.....HE was a posessive man....he made threats to her.....even abused her...by putting guns to her face in the past....and so she decided to leave him for good......but he sweet talked her into letting him watch the kids , and then called and threatened to kill the kids and himself trying to convince her to come home.....but she didnt...and for that....the kids will be with God.....but He'll rest in hell forever.......and as for her forgiving him......she's in shock........give her a little bit of time.....He might have been a good guy in the past....but he turned into the devil in the end.....what a travesty.
Will

Liberal, KS

#8 Oct 23, 2006
I agree with Cal. I knew the couple here in Oklahoma. I worked with Misti. Misti and I hung out alot when we worked togather. Then Jay (your sweet little Jay) was so possesive that when Misti and I tried to hang out he would always get mad. Yet when he wanted to go hunting it was supposed to be okay!?We tried to get Jay to come hang with us but he was a "loner" from our end. He might have had his own friends. I now that for being togather for 7 or 8 years before you finally get married should have been a sign there were issues. There is NO excuse for what happend to those children. It killed me every time they put thier pics. on the news. So innocent,I find my self asking God how? why? yes it's not fair but I also agree it's not my place. On judgement day God will handle it.
midnight toker

AOL

#9 Oct 23, 2006
Cal wrote:
So I guess if she had just come home like he asked....she'd be dead too.....HE was a posessive man....he made threats to her.....even abused her...by putting guns to her face in the past....and so she decided to leave him for good......but he sweet talked her into letting him watch the kids , and then called and threatened to kill the kids and himself trying to convince her to come home.....but she didnt...and for that....the kids will be with God.....but He'll rest in hell forever.......and as for her forgiving him......she's in shock........give her a little bit of time.....He might have been a good guy in the past....but he turned into the devil in the end.....what a travesty.
where did u get your information u seem to know more about this than the pauls valley sherriffs office
Joyce

Beattyville, KY

#10 Oct 24, 2006
Man is a horrible judge of man ,this is why your judgements don't count.This man had to have been
mentally ill.He wasn't responsible for his actions.
He apparantly needed help for some time.We in society never have time to help our brothers in need.We turn our head ,while the neighbor beats his
wife or child,because we don't want to be involved.
We should have more love and compassion.I pray that I never stop showing Gods love,and letting him be
the Judge.I pray for all his family and friends .
Will

Liberal, KS

#11 Oct 24, 2006
He was not metally ill. HE was pissed. If a kid lashes out at another kid an beats him severly. Is that kid mentally ill. Yes, I know there's a diffrence in fighting and killing. But having known the couple,if Misti finally got the balls to leave, that pissed him off because he knew he could no longer control her. And know he has made sure to "get the last word" so to speak, now Misti can never win and thats just how he wanted it. That's not judging that's using what I know. Was he a good dad, sure. It's not easy to put that in a sentence when I know that same "good father" shot and killed his 3 children. I never seen him raise a hand to his kids. Thats the truth. I never saw it comming. I know Misti didn't either. But he was a JERK !! To Misti. I would not have made it with my hisband near as long as she lasted with him.
insider

Shafter, CA

#12 Oct 24, 2006
what would u do if your wife told u she was a carpet licker
All the Way from London

Europe

#13 Oct 25, 2006
insider wrote:
what would u do if your wife told u she was a carpet licker
What is this suppose to mean???
All the Way from London

Europe

#14 Oct 25, 2006
And besides, this man HAD to be metally not right in the head!!! We bring children into the world because we want to love them, care for them and watch them grow up!!! How selfish can you be!!! Hope he rots in hell, for leaving his wife without her family..
Joyce

Beattyville, KY

#15 Oct 25, 2006
Will wrote:
He was not metally ill. HE was pissed. If a kid lashes out at another kid an beats him severly. Is that kid mentally ill. Yes, I know there's a diffrence in fighting and killing. But having known the couple,if Misti finally got the balls to leave, that pissed him off because he knew he could no longer control her. And know he has made sure to "get the last word" so to speak, now Misti can never win and thats just how he wanted it. That's not judging that's using what I know. Was he a good dad, sure. It's not easy to put that in a sentence when I know that same "good father" shot and killed his 3 children. I never seen him raise a hand to his kids. Thats the truth. I never saw it comming. I know Misti didn't either. But he was a JERK !! To Misti. I would not have made it with my hisband near as long as she lasted with him.
SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THIS WAS A MAN WHO YOU APPARENTLY DID'T EVEN LIKE,AND YOU MUST HAVE BEEN IN HIS HOME A LOT TO COMMENT ON HOW HE WAS WITH HIS WIFE
AND CHILDREN.HOW LONG WAS YOUR RELATIONSHIP ?WHY DID
YOU KEEP GOING AROUND HIM IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE HIM.....
Will

Liberal, KS

#16 Oct 25, 2006
Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THIS WAS A MAN WHO YOU APPARENTLY DID'T EVEN LIKE,AND YOU MUST HAVE BEEN IN HIS HOME A LOT TO COMMENT ON HOW HE WAS WITH HIS WIFE
AND CHILDREN.HOW LONG WAS YOUR RELATIONSHIP ?WHY DID
YOU KEEP GOING AROUND HIM IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE HIM.....
I didn't keep hanging around him. Misti was my friend. She told me how things were in the home. I totally wish she would have left him. I went to the funeral yesterday. Can you imagine having your three children I guess ashes in ONE coffin. That funeral was the hardest one I have ever been to.
Will

Liberal, KS

#17 Oct 25, 2006
insider wrote:
what would u do if your wife told u she was a carpet licker
Are your serious!! That is no excuse for killing his children, who had nothing to do with any of this.
Landers CENTRAL VALLEY

Castaic, CA

#18 Oct 25, 2006
PLEASE DON'T ASSUME ANYTHING- YOU MUST NOT HAVE BEEN THAT CLOSE OR YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT THEY WERE NOT ASHES AND THAT SHE CHOSE FOR THEM TO BE IN ONE COFFIN- SO THAT THEY WOULD BE TOGETHER. WHAT IS WILL SHORT FOR ANYWAY- WILLIAM OR -----WILMA??????? OR WHAT????? YOU SEEM TO FEEL FREE TO WRITE A LOT OF THINGS THAT YOU APPARENTLY DO NOT HAVE THE FACTS ABOUT. BY THE WAY- I NEVER CALLED HIM MY SWEET JAY. I AM ANGRY FOR WHAT HE DID. OF COURSE. YOU ARE A VERY JUDGEMENTAL PERSON WHO IS FULL OF HATE. IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST COMMENTS THAN MAYBE YOU SHOULD TELL BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY. IF YOU ARE THAT CLOSE TO MISTI THAN YOU KNOW ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE, RIGHT???? SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS A SMALL PART OF IT BECAUSE THEY POSTED A COMMENT TOO. ARE YOU HELPING MISTI TO HEAL BY SAYING THE THINGS THAT YOU ARE SAYING? IF IN FACT YOU ARE AS CLOSE TO MISTI AS YOU APPARENTLY SAY YOU ARE- YOU KNOW SOME OF THE OTHER DETAILS TOO. I CERTAINLY HOPE THAT MISTI IS OK WITH YOU AIRING HER DIRTY LAUNDRY ON THE INTERNET. YOU HAVE HER PERMISSION- DON'T YOU? SHE IS GREIVING RIGHT NOW AND I AM QUITE SURE THAT SHE DOES NOT NEED A " FRIEND " WHO IS AS JUDGEMENTAL AS YOU. I STILL CARE FOR MISTI AND HOPE THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO NOT GET IN THE WAY OF HER HEALING. MISTI IS STILL CLOSE TO MY COUSIN'S FAMILY WHO WERE THERE WITH HER- GREIVING RIGHT ALONG SIDE OF HER. MAKING HORRIBLE STATEMENTS IS NOT GOING TO SOLVE ANYTHING. WHAT IS DONE IS DONE- AND THAT IS THE BIGGEST AND MOST PAINFUL TRAGEDY THAT I HAVE EVER HAD TO BE A PART OF. YOU CLAIM TO BE A " FRIEND ". THOSE BABIES WERE MY FAMILY. THE PERSON WHO DID THIS WAS NOT THE PERSON I REMEMBER GROWING UP. I SAW HIM JUST THIS PAST YEAR AND I COULD NEVER IMAGINE HIM EVER DOING SUCH A HORRIBLE THING. I CAN'T EXPLAIN HIS ACTIONS AND OF COURSE I CAN NOT TELL YOU WHAT HE WAS THINKING OR WHAT MADE HIM DO WHAT HE DID. ALL I KNOW IS THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE IT VERY DIFFICULT WITH ALL OF THE NEGATIVITY TO HEAL. I LOVE YOU ALWAYS JAY, JAY JR., DERREK, KATANA AND I PRAY FOR YOU EACH DAY FOR THE STRENGTH TO CARRY ON MISTI
Sheila

AOL

#19 Oct 25, 2006
Finally!!! Someone is making some sense. I know it's hard, but this is not the way I want to remember Jay. I know he did a horrible thing, but I want to remember the Jay that I've known all my life. Quit toturing his family. If you weren't involved, you have nothing to say. If you were involved why put it all out there for the whole world to see and criticize. They have a lot of personal greiving (and hopefully healing at some point) to do. Let them do it in private. You are all entitled to your opinions, but don't let your anger overshadow the needs of this family.
Will

Liberal, KS

#20 Oct 25, 2006
Landers CENTRAL VALLEY wrote:
PLEASE DON'T ASSUME ANYTHING- YOU MUST NOT HAVE BEEN THAT CLOSE OR YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT THEY WERE NOT ASHES AND THAT SHE CHOSE FOR THEM TO BE IN ONE COFFIN- SO THAT THEY WOULD BE TOGETHER. WHAT IS WILL SHORT FOR ANYWAY- WILLIAM OR -----WILMA??????? OR WHAT????? YOU SEEM TO FEEL FREE TO WRITE A LOT OF THINGS THAT YOU APPARENTLY DO NOT HAVE THE FACTS ABOUT. BY THE WAY- I NEVER CALLED HIM MY SWEET JAY. I AM ANGRY FOR WHAT HE DID. OF COURSE. YOU ARE A VERY JUDGEMENTAL PERSON WHO IS FULL OF HATE. IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST COMMENTS THAN MAYBE YOU SHOULD TELL BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY. IF YOU ARE THAT CLOSE TO MISTI THAN YOU KNOW ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE, RIGHT???? SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS A SMALL PART OF IT BECAUSE THEY POSTED A COMMENT TOO. ARE YOU HELPING MISTI TO HEAL BY SAYING THE THINGS THAT YOU ARE SAYING? IF IN FACT YOU ARE AS CLOSE TO MISTI AS YOU APPARENTLY SAY YOU ARE- YOU KNOW SOME OF THE OTHER DETAILS TOO. I CERTAINLY HOPE THAT MISTI IS OK WITH YOU AIRING HER DIRTY LAUNDRY ON THE INTERNET. YOU HAVE HER PERMISSION- DON'T YOU? SHE IS GREIVING RIGHT NOW AND I AM QUITE SURE THAT SHE DOES NOT NEED A " FRIEND " WHO IS AS JUDGEMENTAL AS YOU. I STILL CARE FOR MISTI AND HOPE THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO NOT GET IN THE WAY OF HER HEALING. MISTI IS STILL CLOSE TO MY COUSIN'S FAMILY WHO WERE THERE WITH HER- GREIVING RIGHT ALONG SIDE OF HER. MAKING HORRIBLE STATEMENTS IS NOT GOING TO SOLVE ANYTHING. WHAT IS DONE IS DONE- AND THAT IS THE BIGGEST AND MOST PAINFUL TRAGEDY THAT I HAVE EVER HAD TO BE A PART OF. YOU CLAIM TO BE A " FRIEND ". THOSE BABIES WERE MY FAMILY. THE PERSON WHO DID THIS WAS NOT THE PERSON I REMEMBER GROWING UP. I SAW HIM JUST THIS PAST YEAR AND I COULD NEVER IMAGINE HIM EVER DOING SUCH A HORRIBLE THING. I CAN'T EXPLAIN HIS ACTIONS AND OF COURSE I CAN NOT TELL YOU WHAT HE WAS THINKING OR WHAT MADE HIM DO WHAT HE DID. ALL I KNOW IS THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU MAKE IT VERY DIFFICULT WITH ALL OF THE NEGATIVITY TO HEAL. I LOVE YOU ALWAYS JAY, JAY JR., DERREK, KATANA AND I PRAY FOR YOU EACH DAY FOR THE STRENGTH TO CARRY ON MISTI
I stated that when I worked with Misti and for a while after I hung out with Misti alot. And I'm sorry that while at the funeral I did not feel the need to ask Misti "are your kids bodies all togater in that casket?" It's wierd how you say I'm judgemental, yet take a look at what you wrote. I said I never saw Jay harmed his children, nor did I think he would do something like this. I am angry with him. Do I hate him? Yes, and No. Yes, because if he snapped, he would not have called Misti, to make sure she could feel like it was her fault. No, because he was human, and I know he cared for his children when they were living. California wrote the the gay thing. I said that had no bearing on the case. I knew Jay too. So to asume that I sit here making things up to hinder the healing of people is rediculous. Yes, I do know alot to what you asked. No,I do not wish to put it on the net. I hope you feel the same on this subject. You do not even need to respond to this. I'm just trying to clarify my writings. I'm glad you confort Misti. Thank you. But I know that if you know everything like you say, than you have to agree?? They were not conpatable. I'm not saying not happy at times, I'm saying Misti was not complete.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pauls Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: GW Exotic Animal Park (May '12) Jul 7 Kini 2
News Date now set for murder trial (Nov '13) Jun '17 brandons aunt 13
News Oklahoma man leads authorities on 80-mile pursuit Mar '17 grandtheftauto 1
News Baptist General Convention faces lawsuit over a... Mar '17 civilnorights 1
News J.C. 'Smokey' Longacre (Mar '09) Jan '17 Steven 6
Read Immediately! (Feb '13) Dec '16 Bigddave 3
Murray co sheriff (Jun '16) Sep '16 Chill 5

Pauls Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pauls Valley Mortgages