justsayin

Pauls Valley, OK

#1 Mar 2, 2010
Why is it that we can have bars in this county (Garvin) that offer liquor but do not pass having nice restaurants that may offer liquor? Help me to understand? People are going to drink regardless of whether there is a vote "NO". It would only help Pauls Valley with tourists , drive thru traffic and nice if we had restarants like Norman has. Such as Red Robins, Johnny Carrino's, etc. What do you think????? Sound off
Numskull

Elk City, OK

#2 Apr 19, 2010
justsayin wrote:
Why is it that we can have bars in this county (Garvin) that offer liquor but do not pass having nice restaurants that may offer liquor? Help me to understand? People are going to drink regardless of whether there is a vote "NO". It would only help Pauls Valley with tourists , drive thru traffic and nice if we had restarants like Norman has. Such as Red Robins, Johnny Carrino's, etc. What do you think????? Sound off
You want driving tourist to stop at our restaurants and get three sheets to the wind, then continuing touring. Why would you want Corprorate restaurants? I like things just they way they are Numskull
Sarai

Paoli, OK

#3 May 15, 2010
Lots of people have already asked the same question, the only reason nothing can be done about it is becuz felons can't vote, if they could we would answer another "Q" why isn't marijuana legal yet?
imjustsayin

Pauls Valley, OK

#4 Jul 2, 2011
Change is inevitable!! We have to grow with the times! Numskull from Anadarko is right in one sense (about intoxication) and justsaying also has a good point about offering more of a variety. People (adults and younger) are going to drink alcohol whether a restaurant offers it or not! Even when we were younger we had fake ID's and bought liquor and that was a few years ago. It is NOT the restaurants that offer it that make the people become intoxicated! The choice is each individual's choice. Justsayin has a point in that we need growth for the area and City and home town restaurants are okay but many are going to other cities/towns that offer the different menus (and NOT just the drinking) Let's face it-- we have a choice now of BURGERS, PIZZA or MEXICAN FOOD.
Anonymous

United States

#5 Nov 28, 2011
I agree. Id love to have some nicer places around here. All we have really is knockoff restaurants like happy days that offer low quality food and rude service. Just saying, a chilis would be nice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pauls Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: GW Exotic Animal Park (May '12) Jul '17 Kini 2
News Date now set for murder trial (Nov '13) Jun '17 brandons aunt 13
News Oklahoma man leads authorities on 80-mile pursuit Mar '17 grandtheftauto 1
News Baptist General Convention faces lawsuit over a... Mar '17 civilnorights 1
News J.C. 'Smokey' Longacre (Mar '09) Jan '17 Steven 6
Read Immediately! (Feb '13) Dec '16 Bigddave 3
Murray co sheriff (Jun '16) Sep '16 Chill 5

Pauls Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance