Okie Noodling to Hollywood

Full story: KFOR 16
Oklahoma is "in the movies" once again. Cast and crew have descended on Pauls Valley to make a movie on "noodling." USC grad student Rebecca Eskreis became intrigued with the unique sport and decided to write a movie centered around the topic. Full Story

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Aug 6, 2010
God help em if they are getting in the washita..lol
debbie

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Aug 6, 2010
Wow, makes me sooo proud to be an Oklahoman
Chris

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Aug 6, 2010
now the whole world will see some of the backwoods hillbillies that live here.

cracker, I have never seen a black noodler, do you know of any?

Location hidden

#5 Aug 6, 2010
Chris wrote:
now the whole world will see some of the backwoods hillbillies that live here.
cracker, I have never seen a black noodler, do you know of any?
All joking aside the Okie noodling tournament brings thousands of people from across the country to a small town like Pauls Valley population a little over 6,000. That's pretty impressive for hillbillies. It is really a neat experience and generates attention from ESPN and National Geographic.
NoOriginality

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Aug 6, 2010
She ought to do a documentary with music by the Flaming Lips, then revisit the tournament with a followup years later in "Okie Noodling II". That would be original.
Chris

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Aug 6, 2010
smltowngrl wrote:
<quoted text>
All joking aside the Okie noodling tournament brings thousands of people from across the country to a small town like Pauls Valley population a little over 6,000. That's pretty impressive for hillbillies. It is really a neat experience and generates attention from ESPN and National Geographic.
That is not bad for a bunch of hillbillies. I will stick to a rod and reel.

Location hidden

#8 Aug 6, 2010
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not bad for a bunch of hillbillies. I will stick to a rod and reel.
Me too nothing appealing about letting a fish bite my hand..lol but I do think it pretty neat that it brings in so many people from all over each year if you have never been it's worth going to.
OkieTx

Dallas, TX

#9 Aug 6, 2010
As if the rest of the contry needs a reason think of Oklahmans as hicks! I cringe every time I hear the phrase "Okie Noodling." Especially since I live in Dallas.
Chris

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Aug 6, 2010
smltowngrl wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too nothing appealing about letting a fish bite my hand..lol but I do think it pretty neat that it brings in so many people from all over each year if you have never been it's worth going to.
the beavers will tear off your arm and beat you with it.
Anonymous

Newcastle, OK

#11 Aug 6, 2010
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
the beavers will tear off your arm and beat you with it.
If you ever go to one of the events look at how many fingers are missing, not only beavers but largr snapping turtles!
Willie

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Aug 6, 2010
Hey Padg should I bring you a fishing pole?
OkieGirl

Arlington, TX

#14 Aug 7, 2010
Wow! I can't believe how stupid and hypocritical people are. Call it what you want but it is a sport and if ya don't like it then don't go do it. My husband noodles and I think it's not too smart but that's a sport he likes so more power to him. My brother is the lead male actor in this film and it's given him an excellent opportunity to add this along with his other works on a resume.
alm

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Aug 8, 2010
Friend and director Rebecca Eskreis is one of USC's talented and unique storytelling voices.
All the best luck to her!
AM
Country Girl

Houston, TX

#16 Aug 9, 2010
I think it is great that Okies are back in the spotlight.. for those that don't like noodling.. stay away... "cause us hillbillies don't like your kind lurking around our parts anyway"...
Mary Lopez-Kilgore

Oklahoma City, OK

#17 Aug 9, 2010
why do they call it "noodling"?
not the other chris

Oklahoma City, OK

#18 Aug 10, 2010
My hands have been a lot of places, but I don't believe I'd have the nerve to stick them in some snakehole under the banks of a murky river. I think it's great Hollywood wants to do a movie about noodling. My hat's off to those daring enough to do this. And as far as it being a "sport," it sure seems like it takes more cojonnes and physical strength than frisbee golf or bowling. Plus, you get to eat your prize.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pauls Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Date now set for murder trial (Nov '13) Oct 18 BRANDONS Aunt 4
life around paul's valley (Jul '06) Aug '14 Lonni J 3
Review: Q Tees (Jun '13) Aug '14 guest 3
Murray Co. deputy terminated for alleged violen... (Oct '11) Aug '14 Marie Basile 41
looking for sister Pam Jul '14 desperate to find... 2
North Texas Boy, 11, Drowns At Turner Falls (Aug '08) Jul '14 cindy 23
Review: Glenn's Garage Jun '14 Robert Fleming 1

Freeze Watch for Garvin County was issued at October 30 at 2:42PM CDT

Pauls Valley Dating
Find my Match

Pauls Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pauls Valley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pauls Valley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]