Pit Bulls cause trouble

Full story: News 9 Oklahoma City

A Pit Bull attack leaves another dog dead and its owner mourning, and wanting something done to the attackers.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Nov 29, 2011
Marsha

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

When you do a story you should always get both sides of the story. Just because she has Pit Bull dogs does not mean that they are mean dogs, because they are not. She has raised them to kind and gentle. Those dogs would never had been out if someone would not have tampered with the gate and coxed them out of there yard.
Just because she was a little older Lady everyone only sees her side of the story not the dog owners side. She repeatedly told police that some one is taunting her dogs and they do nothing. but the minute something this happens everyone always asumes the worst. Do the story corretly and get both sides. Repaot it right!
Marsha

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

When you do a story you should always get both sides of the story. Just because she has Pit Bull dogs does not mean that they are mean dogs, because they are not. She has raised them to kind and gentle. Those dogs would never had been out if someone would not have tampered with the gate and coxed them out of there yard.
Just because she was a little older Lady everyone only sees her side of the story not the dog owners side. She repeatedly told police that some one is taunting her dogs and they do nothing. but the minute something this happens everyone always asumes the worst. Do the story corretly and get both sides. Repaot it right!
priya

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Both sides of the story??? The owner is responsible for keeping her pets under control, period. They may be kind and gentle sometimes, but clearly they also have other instincts. And what do you expect the police to do, set up an undercover officer to guard her property? Some things people have to be responsible for themselves, however much you want to blame someone else.

I feel very bad for the chihuahua's owner, and I'm not trying to demonize the pits or their owner.

I hope the pup's owner will find peace and another furry friend to love!
Concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

I never understood why someone would want a pit bull in the first place. They are naturally mean and dangerous. Its their nature! When's the last time you heard of a Retriever freaking out and killing another animal! You may raise them gental and lovingly, but a lot of times that dosen't matter. I know I sure would never have one around my kids, no matter how nice I 'thought' it was!
Maggie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

How can you say that the dogs are not mean when they attacked that poor little dog. It could have been a child that was attacked and then the charges would have been much more serious. It is up to the dog owners to make sure that there dogs are secured safely. These dogs obviously has instincts that led them to viciously kill the smaller dog.
Holly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

We have a large dog at home (Not a Pit). He has been a family pet for years and a real teddy bear around us. But we have a responsibility both to him and to other people and animals to keep him contained, either in our house or yard. We have a stockade fence with a LOCK on the gate. I've got baby gates inside the house keeping him seperated from my 2 year old when my husband and I are not able to give our full attention to them playing together.(they've been best friends since she started eating and dropping solid foods.) I'd like to think he wouldn't hurt anyone, but no matter how a dog is raised, they are territorial and pack animals by nature. It amazes me how many people can say, "My dog will NEVER bite, I didn't raise him that way." Any dog can bite. Some breeds are more inclined to resort to their innate "pack animal" instincts, and pit bulls seem to fall into this category. I realize that whether it is delibrate or accidental, a large dog creates a large bite.

Everyone has a right to walk and play safely in a park. Just the idea that these dogs were roaming in a park horrifys me. Also, I find it very hard to believe that anyone would go up to a gate with several (according to the article there was no actual number of dogs) pit bulls inside, let alone mess with the gate and allow them to escape. The article says that the owner of the pit bulls has been cited before. Obviously she is not responsible enough to have the dogs. My heart goes out to Rufus's owner.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2011

it all starts with the owners. Pitbulls are like any other dog if raised in a good home. Its ignorance and labels from the mistreated fighting dogs that give this beautiful breed a bad name. this dog isnt even the most agressive breed. Do some research, pits are even search and rescue dogs. I believe the owner of the dead dog should get an apologee, but cars kill dogs everyday and we dont put people in jail. Dogs should not be put down for a thing that occurs natural to them. Territory. Ive had a dog kill my dog and yes I was hurt, but two wrongs dont make a right. What do they want? Revenge? Someone loves both dogs. Also, its not uncommon for ANY breed of dog to fight. Its just there was a big size difference. I would let pitbulls around my children because I know its my responsibility to train my dog. I feel bad for this lady, but hey. Stuff happens. And I dont blame the breed, I blame the owners and I blame the media for the bad rep on pits. Oh, dog attacks happen alll the time. But how often do you here of it? When its a pit. Ive witnessed pits in action around infants. Very adorable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pauls Valley Discussions

Search the Pauls Valley Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 11 min Lisa 71,508
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 23 min el Jesus 2,591
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) 28 min Jesus 11,284
looking for sister Pam Sat desperate to find sister 2
North Texas Boy, 11, Drowns At Turner Falls (Aug '08) Jul 16 cindy 23
Review: Glenn's Garage Jun '14 Robert Fleming 1
Date now set for murder trial (Nov '13) Jun '14 Lll 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pauls Valley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••