Mediocre Music Makers Top State's Int...

Mediocre Music Makers Top State's Intriguing and Interesting People and Places List

There are 211 comments on the www.tulsaworld.com story from Jun 2, 2008, titled Mediocre Music Makers Top State's Intriguing and Interesting People and Places List. In it, www.tulsaworld.com reports that:

Tulsa World staff writer and author of the new book Oklahoma Curiosities: Quirky Characters, Roadside Oddities & Other Offbeat Stuff, P.J. Lassek, places Harley and Annabelle, The Mediocre Music Makers at the Sandhills Curiosity Shop in Erick, OK at the top of the State's 10 most intriguing and interesting people and places list.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.tulsaworld.com.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Since: Jun 09

Pampa, TX

#204 Jun 12, 2009
howdoyoulikemenow wrote:
Former Townie, I have a question. After reading all these post, and knowing that the Russel's are expected to get a parade permit for safety reason, Is this to insure the safety of all 3 people that drive in front of their place during a tour OR the safety of the tour?
HeHeHe, there is no blockage of traffic, there is no parade permit anymore, there are just a couple of sick people here who have fulfilled their life time dream and made someone miserable. The only thing to be thankful about is that the Russell's are tough enough to see through it, forgive and forget. The permit was for the safety of the mayor when he goes over to tell visitors not to judge the town by those two. If we had 2 or 3 during the period of a show we would need a traffic light.

“Come on, I'm the THRILL.”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#205 Jun 12, 2009
I think Harley is sexy and I want him for my snuggle bunny!!! Gawd I love Erick!!
observer

Mcallen, TX

#206 Jun 13, 2009
Thrill wrote:
I think Harley is sexy and I want him for my snuggle bunny!!! Gawd I love Erick!!
And some people have foolishly thought the real Thrill was immature. Buddy, you are pathetic to pull such a stunt. Talk about not having a life. You are the personification of that.

“Come on, I'm the THRILL.”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#207 Jun 13, 2009
Obsserver is my love child.

Pampa, TX

#208 Jun 14, 2009
that's nice.
Carol R

Mcallen, TX

#209 Jun 14, 2009
peasoup wrote:
that's nice.
peasoup also wrote:
<quoted text>

"My main stay for the news is Christian Radio and especially the one out of Amarillo, Kingdom Keys."

If you listen to Christian Radio, do you consider yourself a Christian?

If you do, are you familiar with Matthew 25:40? That reads: "Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as you have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto me." There are versions of that in pretty much all religions, i.e. do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Yet, peasoup, on another site, attempted to raise a stink about our president's wife saying she had never been prouder of her country than she was when voters chose the best qualifed man, despite his color.

An earlier comment in a discussion of Michelle Obama said, "Anybody who is NOT ashamed of the way blacks, Native Americans, loyal Americans of the Muslim faith and other minorities have sometimes been treated in this country, and elsewhere, might want to ask for guidance from God about their lack of compassion."

Matthew 25:42 says, "I was hungry and you gave me no food; I was thirsty and you gave me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take me in, naked and you did not clothe me; sick and in prison and you did not visit me."

Is there anybody here who can deny that minorities in this country have been often been denied food, drink, comfort, clothing, and medical care?

If every person in this country who calls himself a Christian actually knew what Jesus really said, and then asked himself, "What would Jesus do in this situation?" we would be a lot kinder to each other.

There is also a commandment regarding spreading false rumors.

Pampa, TX

#210 Jun 14, 2009
Carol, that doesn't even deserve an answer.

Who is putting words in peoples mouths. That is stupid.
Carol R

Mcallen, TX

#211 Jun 14, 2009
peasoup wrote:
Carol, that doesn't even deserve an answer.
Who is putting words in peoples mouths. That is stupid.
You have made numerous false statements in your comments.

Exodus 20:16, the 8th commandment:

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." You misquoted the First Lady of the land for all the world to see.

Ephesians 4:25: "Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor, for as we are members one of another."

You have made hurtful statements you have not proved and can not prove.

Proverbs 10:18: "He that hideth hatred with lying lips and he that utterth a slander is a fool."

If you can't prove it with credible objective evidence, don't repeat it. Repeating other peoples' opinions is not proof.

Where is your conscience, Christian?
REDNECK

Camargo, OK

#212 Jun 14, 2009
This has what to do with the Mediocre music makers?
Carol R

Mcallen, TX

#213 Jun 15, 2009
REDNECK wrote:
This has what to do with the Mediocre music makers?
Not one cotton-picking thing. Peasoup had thrown bombs indiscriminately on another topix and then said she would not be revisiting it, because she didn't like the response she got to her injudicious remarks. So I responded to her where I knew she would see it.

Sorry to have irritated you by this. You are right.
Impressed

Pampa, TX

#214 Jun 18, 2009
Thrill wrote:
Don`t know about sexy but Harley is very entertaining!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pauls Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News J.C. 'Smokey' Longacre (Mar '09) Jan '17 Steven 6
Read Immediately! (Feb '13) Dec '16 Bigddave 3
Murray co sheriff (Jun '16) Sep '16 Chill 5
Meth (Apr '14) Sep '16 bigdave 4
News Date now set for murder trial (Nov '13) Sep '16 Brandons Aunt 12
Moving to Davis (Aug '16) Aug '16 Jim 4
Wanda Adams (Feb '12) Aug '16 Hope that helps 2

Pauls Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance