Mediocre Music Makers Top State's Int...

Mediocre Music Makers Top State's Intriguing and Interesting People and Places List

There are 211 comments on the www.tulsaworld.com story from Jun 2, 2008, titled Mediocre Music Makers Top State's Intriguing and Interesting People and Places List. In it, www.tulsaworld.com reports that:

Tulsa World staff writer and author of the new book Oklahoma Curiosities: Quirky Characters, Roadside Oddities & Other Offbeat Stuff, P.J. Lassek, places Harley and Annabelle, The Mediocre Music Makers at the Sandhills Curiosity Shop in Erick, OK at the top of the State's 10 most intriguing and interesting people and places list.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.tulsaworld.com.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Need More Mana

Holbrook, PA

#1 Jun 2, 2008
Sweet article. Love to read P.J.'s stuff. Love hearing all the good stuff about Harley and Annabelle too but I bet a year's salary the Mediocre Music makers humbly disagree with P.J.'s rating them No. 1 in the state.
Anna

Clinton, OK

#2 Jun 2, 2008
Love it - that's just great.
Ann

Hillsboro, OH

#3 Jun 2, 2008
Ditto!
Expat

Brazil

#4 Jun 3, 2008
Hey this is not surprising in the least. I've ridden the entire length of the mother road many times and the Mediocre Music Makers are tops for me ANY WHERE ON ROUTE 66!
Erick local

Clinton, OK

#5 Jun 3, 2008
Expat wrote:
Hey this is not surprising in the least. I've ridden the entire length of the mother road many times and the Mediocre Music Makers are tops for me ANY WHERE ON ROUTE 66!
Great to hear! Comments like yours make it even clearer that the petty people in Erick who are critical of the Russells are really missing out on an exciting and unusual experience.

Their loss, but wish they would lay off the mean and untruthful comments.
A Friend

AOL

#6 Jun 3, 2008
Congratulations to Harley and AnnaBelle - you deserve the recognition especially in light of what you have had to put up with over the years in the "Redneck Capital of the World"!
Cuzin 2

Spokane, WA

#7 Jun 4, 2008
Werd! Gratz to the Mediocre Music Makers!
Kristen

Bridgeport, CT

#8 Jun 4, 2008
Yes! Absolutely marvelous! 55 or 60 of us will be there in July ready to get a dose of Isanity At It's Finest!
Erick citizen

Clinton, OK

#9 Jun 4, 2008
Kristen wrote:
Yes! Absolutely marvelous! 55 or 60 of us will be there in July ready to get a dose of Isanity At It's Finest!
Great! You have a treat in store for you, getting to know Harley & Annabelle. May they live forever!
Steve

Stillwater, OK

#10 Jun 4, 2008
Get the American flags ready to fly--- the Corvettes will be invading in June!!!
Eve

Kungälv, Sweden

#11 Jun 5, 2008
Our trip across America this spring would not have been complete without meeting Harley and Annabelle and seeing their amazing Sandhills Curiosity Shop.

Congratulations for being rated #1!
More Insanity

Bloomington, IN

#12 Jun 5, 2008
The short hour we spent with Harley and Annabelle was so insane and so fine! More Mediocre Music Makers insanity for all!
Motor Marley

Montville, NJ

#13 Jun 6, 2008
It's always a blast at the Sandhills Curiosity Shop. No place else like it to get your kicks on Rt 66!
erick taxpayer

Clinton, OK

#14 Jun 6, 2008
Motor Marley wrote:
It's always a blast at the Sandhills Curiosity Shop. No place else like it to get your kicks on Rt 66!
It's a joy to hear these comments from visitors, even though nobody from here except Harley & Annabelle deserve an iota of credit for anything good. H & A do all the wonderful things they do in spite of the jealous spiteful people in this community. Your support must be great for keeping their spirits up.
grownups do live here

Clinton, OK

#15 Jun 6, 2008
Reading the several forums about the Russells shows they must be doing everything right.

Anytime everybody who speaks has such strong feelings about them, that shows Harley and Annabelle are really something very special.
Geomancer

Bridgeport, CT

#16 Jun 7, 2008
Having trouble finding the Sandhills Curiosity Shop? Get precise coords at http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM1WFV
nameless

Pampa, TX

#17 Jun 7, 2008
i live in erick and i am indifferent about harley and annabelle... i jus hope people passing through do not believe people from this community are that backwards...
reading and thinking

Clinton, OK

#18 Jun 8, 2008
nameless wrote:
i live in erick and i am indifferent about harley and annabelle... i jus hope people passing through do not believe people from this community are that backwards...
The people passing through who see Harley & Annabelle recognize their intelligence, their talent, their hard work, their energy, their knowledge about what is entertaining.

Anybody who reads the praise for the Russells that comes in from all over the world knows that Harley & Annabelle are about as far from backward as you can possibly get.

It's their critics who shock visitors, who can hardly believe there are actually people in Erick who don't understand and appreciate the work the Russells do.
Not to Worry

AOL

#19 Jun 8, 2008
nameless wrote:
It is comments just like this that that show The World that people in this community are "that backwards". Unbelievable, just unbelievable.
You and others who post similar comments just show your ignorance and give further proof that Erick is indeed THE REDNECK CAPITAL OF THE WORLD! Unbelievable, just unbelievable and you don't even know what I'm talking about. Unbelievable, just unbelievable.
thinker

Clinton, OK

#20 Jun 8, 2008
Not to Worry wrote:
<quoted text>
It is comments just like this that that show The World that people in this community are "that backwards". Unbelievable, just unbelievable.
You and others who post similar comments just show your ignorance and give further proof that Erick is indeed THE REDNECK CAPITAL OF THE WORLD! Unbelievable, just unbelievable and you don't even know what I'm talking about. Unbelievable, just unbelievable.
Maybe Harley wouldn't have come up with his award-winning, world-famous comedy act about rednecks if he hadn't been in a place where so many rednecks say and do such goofy things, and often!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pauls Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving to Davis 19 hr Jim 4
Wanda Adams (Feb '12) Aug 5 Hope that helps 2
News Cop Uses 'High-Powered Rifle' to Shoot Child's ... Jul '16 As I see it 4
Murray co sheriff Jul '16 vote4richardson 4
News Former Idabel Fire Chief Wants His Job Back (Feb '13) Apr '16 Ray Mond 67
Thanks to a local man! Apr '16 Harley M Depue 1
Wendi Williams Mar '16 i agree 2

Pauls Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance