Who do you support for County Sheriff...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anne

Pauls Valley, OK

#21 Nov 2, 2010
There is no leadership in that Garvin County Office. Sadly, the team are ineffectual at their jobs without any work ethic.
Annie Bodybutbrooks

Paoli, OK

#22 Nov 2, 2010
KG wrote:
He actually knows that he is not supposed to speak about the issues. He has experience. He knows that reopening cases which were declared dead before he came on board and to which there are no new leads is a waste of taxpayer dollars, he has lived here for the past decade plus (versus moving down here to make a name for himself), and he has the support of the former sheriff, who actually knows what it takes to take care of the citizens of Garvin County.
have to wonder why he declined to debate Larry... flat out crawfished and wanted no part of it... is that the kind of character we need as a law enforcement leader in gc? Cowardice at it's finest. big sissy.
Annie Bodybutbrooks

Paoli, OK

#23 Nov 2, 2010
GC wrote:
Steve Brooks has more honesty, integrity, pride, and professionalism in his left hand than Larry Rhodes has in his whole being. Not to mention hes a lot more mature. SRM said it all.
you have to say that as a deputy at the sd. plus if your cowardly leader loses, you'll be back to shoveling gravel for a living.
Garvin county resident

Pauls Valley, OK

#24 Nov 2, 2010
I didn't know "dead" cases were such a vast problem and expense. Why would they consider reopening them if there is not new evidence to begin with?
Annie Bodybutbrooks

Paoli, OK

#25 Nov 2, 2010
KG wrote:
Mr. Brooks has actually done the work of a sheriff, understands what it means when a case is "dead", will not waste taxpayer dollars on reopening cases that are dead, has not violated campaign rules by voicing his opinion about issues (which no sheriff should do--we want the man in charge of enforcing the law should do. He must enforce it whether he likes it or not, and Mr. Rhodes should have known that), and Mr. Brooks has actually lived in Garvin County for the past decade plus--he didn't just move back down here after many years to make a name for himself.
I can't see that he's done a lot of 'work as sheriff' plus he was never voted in. He's a 'play sheriff' in more ways than one, fake hat and everything. Wretched slud of a law enforcement officer. why didn't he openly debate rhodes?.... big chicken
was there

Hoffman Estates, IL

#26 Nov 2, 2010
Steve Brooks has professionalism, integrity, BULLSHIT. I've seen it. He wouldn't shake the hand of the man running against him at a funeral. Right in front of many many law enforcement officers. I've been around the sheriffs office and have seen how it runs. Most of you are just running your face and have no idea what really goes on. Not all the deputies are crooked there are several good men that work there. I know most of them personally and have for a long time. Some are good people others are there for the check and title (including Brooks). He would have been gone a long time ago if people opened their eyes and ears. Trust me he's not the great guy people think he is. He's is however the biggest fraud, back stabbing, cheat I have ever seen.
new hope

Paoli, OK

#27 Nov 3, 2010
was there wrote:
Steve Brooks has professionalism, integrity, BULLSHIT. I've seen it. He wouldn't shake the hand of the man running against him at a funeral. Right in front of many many law enforcement officers. I've been around the sheriffs office and have seen how it runs. Most of you are just running your face and have no idea what really goes on. Not all the deputies are crooked there are several good men that work there. I know most of them personally and have for a long time. Some are good people others are there for the check and title (including Brooks). He would have been gone a long time ago if people opened their eyes and ears. Trust me he's not the great guy people think he is. He's is however the biggest fraud, back stabbing, cheat I have ever seen.
well said 'was there'. I agree that some of the deputies are decent ment but clearly not all, including the undersheriff. I think i know why that call them undersheriffs now. hopefully the new sheriff in town will see who to give jobs to of the ones who are currently there.
John

Sulphur, OK

#28 Nov 7, 2010
Now that the elections are over it is time to see if the promises are kept. I am already a little nervous I may have voted wrong.

I heard he kept all but one office staff and one depuy, so much for getting rid of the good ole boy system.

He told me he was going to double the deputy staff, I think they had 10 deputies and in PV Democrat yesterday he said 10 would be optimal but 8 is enough for Garvin County. So much for doubling the staff. Are we as safe as we were before, cutting the staff instead of increasing the staff? What is happening.

Am I the only one that see this?

John
DOJ

Paoli, OK

#29 Nov 14, 2010
John from Wayne,
First of all I wouldnt put a whole lot of stock into what the pauls valley daily democrat says, they were behind Brooks the whole way, including telling him what Larry's ads were going to say so Brooks could counter it before the paper even came out. Secondly, You have to give Larry Rhodes time. He cant change it over night, he has to turn a ship around that has been going the wrong direction for quite a while, and that takes a while. If he changed everything over night it would cause chaos in the Sheriff's Office and it wouldnt run smoothly. You voted right. Larry says to give him a year to get the kinks worked out. I think it is going to be the best we have ever seen it at the Sheriff's Office.
Reflecting

United States

#30 Feb 29, 2012
Election time is here. Let's take a look at Rhodes' campaign promises to see where he measures up. He promised to get rid of the imitations contract to free up space for county inmates. He still has the contract and holds federal inmates causing county criminals to roam our streets. He promised to get rid of brooks' deputies and bring in new ones. He only got rid of one. Some of them left on their own. His undersheriff and captain are Jim mullett and travis Crawford. Didn't they work for brooks? The deputies that he has brought in have no experience and he has had to send them to get basic training. He promised to get results on all those old cases. Shortly after taking office he "reviewed the cases" and concluded the same that brooks did, nothing can be done with them. The very night he won office he turned off his cell phone and has been unavailable ever since. Which leads to another promise he made to be available to the people.

I have nothing personal against him. I think he was a big city cop that has no idea what it takes to run a small town sheriffs office. How many law suites has he got the county into while he has been sheriff? Why isn't Shannon campaigning against him for not solving "the garvin county three murders"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pauls Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murray co sheriff Jun 22 vote4richardson 1
News Former Idabel Fire Chief Wants His Job Back (Feb '13) Apr '16 Ray Mond 67
Thanks to a local man! Apr '16 Harley M Depue 1
Wendi Williams Mar '16 i agree 2
News Date now set for murder trial (Nov '13) Dec '15 Allambersrcrazy 12
Nice town (Jul '15) Sep '15 andrea potter 2
News North Texas Boy, 11, Drowns At Turner Falls (Aug '08) Aug '15 jeff 25

Pauls Valley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance