Who do you support for County Sheriff in Oklahoma (Garvin County) in 2010?

Posted in the Pauls Valley Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Roxie

Paoli, OK

#1 Oct 15, 2010
we need new blood

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 17, 2010
Mr. Rhodes has pledged to reopen the cases left unsolved in Garvin County. Brooks has had 11 years to do it and has tried nothing. It's that simple.
HALL J.

Purcell, OK

#3 Oct 24, 2010
rhodes is the best man for the job.morality,
integrity,character, and qualifactions best
describe this man, which is lacking in the
person in office now.
Larry Rhodes

United States

#4 Oct 26, 2010
Of course I am voting for Larry Rhodes. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Larry Rhodes

United States

#5 Oct 26, 2010
Of course! Thank you for your support.

Since: Feb 10

United States

#6 Oct 27, 2010
I vote my gut and it tells me Steve is the right choice.

United States

#7 Oct 27, 2010
I vote my gut.

United States

#8 Oct 27, 2010
Talk about a rigged poll. I won't count my vote for Steve Brooks. It pops up "Invalid Location" and only lets the comments through.
outlaw

United States

#9 Oct 28, 2010
Larry Rhodes is honest and will do a thorough investigation. Brooks does just the opposite.
SRM

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Oct 29, 2010
Larry Rhodes has no idea what has been going on in Garvin County, as he has been away for 20-something years and majority of the information he has been receiving about this area is coming from ex employees that were fired FOR GOOD REASONS, conspiracy theorists, or people that have been offended by Sheriff Brooks's blunt personality. He also comes in and talks trash about the officials who were elected by the people of the area, and lies to people about his intentions. I would compare Mr. Rhodes to Richard Nixon, just on a smaller scale.
GC

Pauls Valley, OK

#11 Oct 29, 2010
Steve Brooks has more honesty, integrity, pride, and professionalism in his left hand than Larry Rhodes has in his whole being. Not to mention hes a lot more mature. SRM said it all.
TRII

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Oct 30, 2010
After seeing the way that Steve has run his campaign and the contrast between these two men I believe the choice is quite obvious. I vote for Sheriff Brooks because I know his work ethic and how hard he pushes his employees for the people of this county. If you actually know anything about law enforcement or what officers really do for the people they serve you would see the effort the men and women that currently serve our county put in to keep us safe and the flak they put up with while doing it. Brooks for Sheriff.
Anybody Butbrooks

Paoli, OK

#13 Nov 1, 2010
the whole dept is full of people cheating with other deputies, conduct unbecoming,etc. Honor beyond shadow of a doubt does not exist in a county not worth of a capital letter. Time to restore honor and get these jokes out.
Annie Bodybutbrooks

Paoli, OK

#14 Nov 1, 2010
Backbone and moral character used to be pre-requisite for law enforcement.
Annie Bodybutbrooks

Paoli, OK

#15 Nov 1, 2010
Backbone and moral character used to be pre-requisites for law enforcement.
Annie Bodybutbrooks

Paoli, OK

#16 Nov 1, 2010
Since when does the 'acting' yes 'acting' sherriff wear a cowboy hat? hahahaha.. he must think it's part of the uniform...pfft.
richardson

United States

#17 Nov 2, 2010
we need a change in Garvin county and RHODES is the man for the job...
KG

United States

#18 Nov 2, 2010
Mr. Brooks has actually done the work of a sheriff, understands what it means when a case is "dead", will not waste taxpayer dollars on reopening cases that are dead, has not violated campaign rules by voicing his opinion about issues (which no sheriff should do--we want the man in charge of enforcing the law should do. He must enforce it whether he likes it or not, and Mr. Rhodes should have known that), and Mr. Brooks has actually lived in Garvin County for the past decade plus--he didn't just move back down here after many years to make a name for himself.
KG

United States

#19 Nov 2, 2010
He actually knows that he is not supposed to speak about the issues. He has experience. He knows that reopening cases which were declared dead before he came on board and to which there are no new leads is a waste of taxpayer dollars, he has lived here for the past decade plus (versus moving down here to make a name for himself), and he has the support of the former sheriff, who actually knows what it takes to take care of the citizens of Garvin County.
Anne

Pauls Valley, OK

#20 Nov 2, 2010
Steve Brooks does not comand any leadership and his team consequently are all ineffective at their jobs in Garvin County!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pauls Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girls Night in OKC Mar 1 Chris Dungan Elk ... 2
News Date now set for murder trial (Nov '13) Feb '15 greeneyedlady 5
Fatality wreck couple of hours earlier today Dec '14 Ranch dawg 1
Murray Co. deputy terminated for alleged violen... (Oct '11) Dec '14 thome mcmasters 42
Meth (Apr '14) Nov '14 bloodshart 5 2
News Durant Men Arrested After Child Allegedly Spank... Nov '14 Free ANDRE THOMAS 1
life around paul's valley (Jul '06) Aug '14 Lonni J 3
Pauls Valley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pauls Valley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]