Nine-Year-Old Asks Obama: "Why Do Peo...

Nine-Year-Old Asks Obama: "Why Do People Hate You?"

There are 1235 comments on the snafu-ed.blogspot.com story from Oct 15, 2009, titled Nine-Year-Old Asks Obama: "Why Do People Hate You?". In it, snafu-ed.blogspot.com reports that:

Out of the mouths of babes, they say. At a town hall in Louisiana today, Barack Obama received a question that would have taken some people aback. Despite that, he acted with aplomb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at snafu-ed.blogspot.com.

First Prev
of 62
Next Last
Keri

Overland Park, KS

#1321 Nov 7, 2009
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm suspicious of Huckabee because I think he's too liberal on some social issues such as welfare where he seems inclined to throw money at poverty.
I would overturn Roe v Wade if I could because of the principle that unborn human life deserves protection.
But I think both extremes need to call a truce until we straighten out our financial house.
So I could live with a liberal Republican like Rudy Giuliani.
However I don't think he's interested in running in 2012 and if he did he'd have to run a much smarter campaign the one he offered in 2008.
I like Sarah Palin but I think she's have a lot of opposition from the liberal aka moderate Republicans in her own party.
Why do you call Bobby Jindal a goober?
I don't know why Republicans are so quick to mimmick the negative sterotypes they see in the anti-Republican lib media be they do.
Maybe Jindal isn't your first choice but is it really necessary to call him a goober?
Suppose your guy wins the nomination.
Wouldn't you want Jindal and Jindal supporters to throw in their support for the Republican nominee?
That might be a tough sell if you have spent months calling them idiots and morons.
I'm quite anti-abortion however I don't want the government to have a say in my person so I would never vote for a candidate that wanted to overturn Roe V Wade. I'll never understand why Republicans are so anti-government involvement in anything accept your body. If we let the government tell us what we can and can't do with our bodies than we are only one or two administrations away from a government that will tell us what we MUST do.

Abortion is a horrible thing and partial birth abortion (even when it will save the life of the mother) is MURDER. If the "fetus" is old enough to survive outside the womb, killing it is murder, plain and simple.

As far as Jindal goes I was turned off by his rebuttal speech after Obama addressed congress. I didn't like what he said and I didn't like how he said it. Petty, I know but there it is.
I didn't call him an idiot or a moron because I don't think he's stupid.

I don't understand why you like Sarah Palin. Could you explain?

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Addison, TX

#1322 Nov 7, 2009
Keri wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quite anti-abortion however I don't want the government to have a say in my person so I would never vote for a candidate that wanted to overturn Roe V Wade. I'll never understand why Republicans are so anti-government involvement in anything accept your body. If we let the government tell us what we can and can't do with our bodies than we are only one or two administrations away from a government that will tell us what we MUST do.
Abortion is a horrible thing and partial birth abortion (even when it will save the life of the mother) is MURDER. If the "fetus" is old enough to survive outside the womb, killing it is murder, plain and simple.
As far as Jindal goes I was turned off by his rebuttal speech after Obama addressed congress. I didn't like what he said and I didn't like how he said it. Petty, I know but there it is.
I didn't call him an idiot or a moron because I don't think he's stupid.
I don't understand why you like Sarah Palin. Could you explain?
"never understand why Republicans are so anti-government involvement in anything accept your body. "

Because it isn't just your body.

There is an unborn human life that also deserves protection.

"I don't understand why you like Sarah Palin. Could you explain?"

I think she holds values very much like mine.

One issue that stands out is energy production.

She wants to drill for oil in Alaska, build nuclear power plants, supports clean coal, and at the same time is not opposed to alternative energy either.

America needs jobs and Palin sensibly understands that producing our own energy is a great job creator.

Addison, TX

#1323 Nov 7, 2009
Keri wrote:
<quoted text>

Oddly perhaps, but I don't object to abortion when it is necessary to save the life of the mother.

The unborn have a right to life, but so does the woman who is carrying the baby.
Keri

Overland Park, KS

#1324 Nov 7, 2009
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
"never understand why Republicans are so anti-government involvement in anything accept your body. "
Because it isn't just your body.
There is an unborn human life that also deserves protection.
"I don't understand why you like Sarah Palin. Could you explain?"
I think she holds values very much like mine.
One issue that stands out is energy production.
She wants to drill for oil in Alaska, build nuclear power plants, supports clean coal, and at the same time is not opposed to alternative energy either.
America needs jobs and Palin sensibly understands that producing our own energy is a great job creator.
I like her as a person and if she were running for President of the PTA she would definitely have my vote. However I would like people in Washington to be smarter than I am. She just doesn't seem exceptionally bright. You have to admit her mistakes during the campaign were whoppers. On the international stage I would worry about her.
Keri

Overland Park, KS

#1325 Nov 7, 2009
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oddly perhaps, but I don't object to abortion when it is necessary to save the life of the mother.
The unborn have a right to life, but so does the woman who is carrying the baby.
I've always contended that the debate isn't about abortion at all but the individual's right over their own person.

As someone who has dealt with fertility issues and has an adopted son I hate, hate, hate the idea of abortion. However I would rather combat abortion by legislating assistance for methods to prevent unwanted pregnancies, adoption assistance and education than take rights away from people or give the government more control over me than they have already.

You know, if we turn this into a debate on choice then the others on this forum will go after us.:)

Addison, TX

#1326 Nov 7, 2009
Keri wrote:
<quoted text>
I like her as a person and if she were running for President of the PTA she would definitely have my vote. However I would like people in Washington to be smarter than I am. She just doesn't seem exceptionally bright. You have to admit her mistakes during the campaign were whoppers. On the international stage I would worry about her.
"She just doesn't seem exceptionally bright."

She seems to have very down-to-earth and sensible ideas.

Like the man said, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Based on that reasoning not many public figures look very intelligent.

Addison, TX

#1327 Nov 7, 2009
Keri wrote:
<quoted text>

However I would rather combat abortion by legislating assistance for methods to prevent unwanted pregnancies, adoption assistance and education than take rights away from people or give the government more control over me than they have already.
We should try to prevent unwanted pregnancies but when that fails I think the unborn still have an absolute right to life.

It keeps coming back to the fact that it is not just the woman's body at issue here.
fedupwiththemess

United States

#1328 Nov 9, 2009
libs are scared wrote:
<quoted text>
How much did you get?
More than you will ever get.
fedupwiththemess

United States

#1329 Nov 9, 2009
judi123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rule????? You stupid racist....he'll be back in Chicago getting bj's in limos in 2012....LOL!
Your mother will.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1330 Nov 9, 2009
Keri wrote:
<quoted text>
None of it will matter if the Republicans can't come up with a decent candidate. They need to get on the ball and stop the crazy crap.
Well that's the trick. i'd vote for Ronald Reagan again. Neither candidate was very desirable last election but McCain was just clueless.
fedupwiththemess

United States

#1331 Nov 10, 2009
judi123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rule????? You stupid racist....he'll be back in Chicago getting bj's in limos in 2012....LOL!
Your mother will. She does that well.
libs are scared

Fullerton, CA

#1332 Nov 10, 2009
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>More than you will ever get.
Yeah I just keep paying. I was thinking I might quit my job, go on welfare then slop up some greasey chicken skin and screw myself into a coma!
fedupwiththemess

United States

#1333 Nov 10, 2009
libs are scared wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I just keep paying. I was thinking I might quit my job, go on welfare then slop up some greasey chicken skin and screw myself into a coma!
Good for you.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1334 Nov 13, 2009
john wrote:
At this point cheerleading for 0boomba is cheerleading for the end of the greatest system of government the world has ever known.
Aww shucks, you're just saying that because your an [email protected] The country started a rapid, documented decline in 2002 over invading Iraq. President Obama may or may not help revive her but he's our only hope.

"Today, the United States is a superpower that lacks true power, a world leader nobody follows and few respect, and a nation drifting dangerously amidst a global chaos it cannot control."
—From The Decline of American Power
fedupwiththemess

United States

#1336 Nov 18, 2009
The correct question from the 9 yr old should be "why do WHITE people hate you President Obama? I don't know any other race than whites that hate Obama.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 62
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paulina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Weather service says seven tornadoe... Feb '16 DID YOU also KNOW 1
News Bridge jumper wanted in murder cases (Aug '11) Feb '16 Mr Fantastic 10
News Continue reading a ' (Jul '15) Jul '15 concerned 2
Trayvon Martin - Vacherie, LA (Apr '12) Apr '15 Henu 2
News Farmer Loses Phone, Returned 8 Months Later (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mechanic 3
New St. James Parish County Arrests (Mar '14) Mar '14 Recently Busted 1
how to ma ke mon ey online (Sep '13) Sep '13 Cathie Jaquet 1

Paulina Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paulina Mortgages