knowing the truth

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 7, 2012
Has anyone ate at the hideaway cafe since new ownership. I have heard that the quality of the food has went downhill.
just getting by

Farmington, MO

#2 Mar 7, 2012
Yes, it has gotten bad. Last time we went the floors were dirty, grub on the utensils and food was worse than my momma's cooking and she was NOT a good cook. Save your money and go to Tate's Place on 51, only open on Friday 4-8pm. I had reservations about it but tried them. Good food, clean place and nice folks. Very reasonable price for all you can eat. Good home cooking.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#3 Mar 8, 2012
last time we ate there we were very disappointed , the food tasted warmed up from the day before and they ran out of a lot of things we havent been back , we did enjoy tates place but i hear they are closing this weekend
knowing the truth

Chicago, IL

#4 Apr 7, 2012
Thank you for the response. I dont think I will waste my time or money. I hope that someone puts in a good place to eat.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#5 Apr 11, 2012
i went and tried the hideaway cafe after reading some post about it , thinking that everyone has an off day , but just getting by and nevergrowinup90 was right , some of the food tasted old and warmed up , service wasnt great or all that friendly.
FYI

Chicago, IL

#6 May 22, 2012
Maybe you all should go and try it again. Looks like they had done the (out with the old staff and brought in new). Food has gotten a lot better since the new owners took over by what I have experienced. But from the comments previously I would tend to think it was some of the old staff maybe downing the place because they don't like the new owners...... Just my opinion mind u and everyone's entitled to their opinion.
blue

Raleigh, NC

#7 May 23, 2012
Also would suggest trying it again. The old staff has opened up 51 express as a restaurant now. And Tate's place is closed,
MeE

Dallas, TX

#8 May 24, 2012
Small town gossip. Why bash a place that is employing ur neighbors then complain about the unemployment rate? I eat at the Hideaway and enjoy the food and staff. You know a hobby other than gossip and bashing might be a better way to spend your time. This whole rag is petty and childish and highly disappointing considering it's adults posting on here. Let people do their thing and mind your own
knowing the truth

Chicago, IL

#9 May 25, 2012
I am sorry to affend MeE. It isnt childish to find out about businesses and the quality of their establishment. The TV that you watch tells items every day that has to do with people and their employment. I Beg to differ with you on your opion, but that is what makes this country great, we are all allowed to speak our mind.
Truth

Chicago, IL

#10 May 25, 2012
You can only speak your mind in bollinger county if you are a republican. If you are a democrat you are unamerican and bound for hell
Patnjct

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Jun 30, 2012
All of Patton thinks that way if u don't agree with them.
Connie C

Weleetka, OK

#12 Oct 3, 2012
I am an employee of Hideaway and I can assure everyone that the food is made fresh. Being one of the ladies who helps prepare the food I know what actually is going on in our kitchen. I find it mildly amusing that someone would actually take time out of their life to bash anyone on a site like this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but at least make the accusations from facts and not malice. We have some really great customers and we work really hard to keep them happy. We appreciate each and every one and makes the hard work we put in worth it to see them enjoy our food and service . I have been a waitress for almost 20 years And Linda and Randy r the nicest people I have worked for. It says a lot when you can have a great personal relationship with your employers aside from work relationship. No one deserves to be insulted on a public forum and I agree that it is childish and frankly very tasteless.

Farmington, MO

#13 Oct 3, 2012
Maybe the food has changes, but 7 months ago, the last time I was at the Hideaway, the food was as tasteless as some folk's opinion, and that is a FACT. A question was asked about the place 6 months ago, and it was answered. Nobody was bashing anybody, simply stating their opinion. I hate White Castle, some folks love it. Love Chinese food, some folks hate it. So frikking what! I'm stating my opinion, not bashing anyone. There used to be a time where people could express an opinion, but apparently, you can't breathe anymore without offending someone. Get over it. Not everybody thinks the same, and you shouldn't expect them too.
Wondering

United States

#14 Oct 4, 2012
GUEST wrote:
Maybe the food has changes, but 7 months ago, the last time I was at the Hideaway, the food was as tasteless as some folk's opinion, and that is a FACT. A question was asked about the place 6 months ago, and it was answered. Nobody was bashing anybody, simply stating their opinion. I hate White Castle, some folks love it. Love Chinese food, some folks hate it. So frikking what! I'm stating my opinion, not bashing anyone. There used to be a time where people could express an opinion, but apparently, you can't breathe anymore without offending someone. Get over it. Not everybody thinks the same, and you shouldn't expect them too.
Absolutely the best food between St. Louis and little Rock. The prices are not bad either. there is just one thing negative and there is a big guy that does a lot of cussing but Ithimk they asked him to not come back
what ever

Belleville, IL

#15 Nov 21, 2012
JEST ATE at the Hide away cafe
food is good and the day shift looks good
Wondering

United States

#16 Nov 21, 2012
what ever wrote:
JEST ATE at the Hide away cafe
food is good and the day shift looks good
Does the big idiot that did all of the cussing still drop in?
what ever

Belleville, IL

#17 Nov 23, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the big idiot that did all of the cussing still drop in?
dk no one like that when i was there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Confusion Apr 6 Her 1
Let Me Clear This UP Apr '16 Mom 3
Bollinger County-Rabie Warning (Oct '15) Mar '16 I know 7
County road 356 sedgewickville mo Mar '16 Hot blonde 2
who is the worst person in sedge? (Feb '11) Mar '16 Irrelevant 19
Teen girls having sex with adult men (Nov '10) Mar '16 Scared 38
Kenny Mayfield (Apr '10) Feb '16 Cheez sandwich 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Patton Mortgages