Posted in the Patterson Forum

lost

United States

#1 Aug 15, 2007
Is there anything to this?
DanielSilva21

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Aug 15, 2007
daym i cant wait for that cause they been sayin that for like hella years and if they do make because i read something bout it and it said sanjo is like 30 minutes thrue the mountain so i could go over there to the great mall beacuse everything be hella cheap in that mall
Rick

United States

#3 Aug 21, 2007
I think this highway would help everyone that works in the bay area. It would take away so of the traffic from 580 over the altamont pass.
Patterson res

United States

#4 Sep 8, 2007
Hey what's happened to this
commuter

United States

#5 Apr 15, 2008
Now we really need this highway. Everyone is leaving Patterson the price you pay in gas to get to work is crazy.
Patterson Resident

Modesto, CA

#6 Apr 17, 2008
Put a fork in it, its done. Went down in flames with Pombo's defeat. If you live to 150 years old, you might see it.

Good riddance.
LMG

United States

#7 Jun 26, 2009
I know we are going thru economic crisis with the recession and specifically our state (sigh) but is there any real plans or timeline to get the ball rolling on a new highway (freeway) route to the bay area?
Patterson Resident

Modesto, CA

#8 Jul 1, 2009
LMG wrote:
I know we are going thru economic crisis with the recession and specifically our state (sigh) but is there any real plans or timeline to get the ball rolling on a new highway (freeway) route to the bay area?
No timeline. Not going to happen anytime soon. Done and over.
Eddie

Albertville, AL

#9 Aug 13, 2009
In contrast with San Clara and San Francisco areas being the first counties in northern California to star regaining their pre-recession home values and employment levels since the second quarter of 2009; the Stanislaus river valley is expected to remain an economic disaster area beyond 2015 with the largest real state depreciation coupled with one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation. Patterson real estate is currently below construction prices with one of the highest foreclosure rate in the Country; people need work and recover the equity of their houses if there is a time to move forward and build the new highway the time is now and all residents should be united and support a new proposal for the construction of the San Jose Patterson highway as an American Recovery and Reinvestment project before is too late.
Patterson Resident

United States

#10 Oct 29, 2009
This was a big deal and a real plan not too long ago. I think the city of Patterson should approach Santa Clara County and and propose they help with financial monies, help with environmental studies etc... It is possible and doable you just need the right people to drive it. Just think of the possibilities for this town. It would definitely thrive with folks not having to commute as long and having jobs closer to home since san jose/bay area is just 30 to 40 minutes just over the hill. The time to act is now not later and hope that it will happen sometime in the future.
Patterson Resident

United States

#11 Oct 30, 2009
Even if san jose and patterson doesn't want to build a full blow out freeway. what about building out a train/trolley commuter route instead. i know alum rock already has the trolley transit in place. this might be a better solution to address some of the concerns a freeway build out raised and if i'm not mistaken the San Jose transit planning dept was more opened to this idea back in 2005. Come on city's lets do something!
Julie

United States

#12 Dec 1, 2009
What can we do to get the ball rolling on this? I think this would add to the value of the homes here in Patterson as well. People commute to the bay area everyday. If their commute time could be slashed by half an hour per say, it would make a huge difference. The homes around here would be selling very quick. And we wouldn't have to rely on going to Modesto for everything.

Since: Dec 09

Patterson, CA

#13 Dec 1, 2009
I'm not from Rochester, NY. I'm not sure why it says that. I live in Patterson, CA. Just thought I'd clarify this.
gspeedo2000

San Francisco, CA

#14 Mar 10, 2010
I vote to have you as the head of this project. I'm not a adept at this or anything, but, we can present this to the San Jose and Patterson city council meetings, when citizens have their say. In addition, getting the counties of santa clara and stanislaus to interface on this issue, dialogue.
Eddie wrote:
In contrast with San Clara and San Francisco areas being the first counties in northern California to star regaining their pre-recession home values and employment levels since the second quarter of 2009; the Stanislaus river valley is expected to remain an economic disaster area beyond 2015 with the largest real state depreciation coupled with one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation. Patterson real estate is currently below construction prices with one of the highest foreclosure rate in the Country; people need work and recover the equity of their houses if there is a time to move forward and build the new highway the time is now and all residents should be united and support a new proposal for the construction of the San Jose Patterson highway as an American Recovery and Reinvestment project before is too late.
gspeedo2000

San Francisco, CA

#15 Mar 10, 2010
Nothing is impossible if we just have the vision and insight, eventually the bypass will be built. Maybe not in my lifetime, I'm 57, but our children and their childrens children will benefit sooner. I'm hoping we can do this before the good Lord takes me........
Patterson CA

Gustine, CA

#16 Mar 25, 2010
It's done. Put a fork in it. San Jose and Milpitas have come out in opposition to it. It was never a popular idea on the West Side with the exception of the commuters and its chief proponent is no longer office. It is a bad idea in so many ways.
Pheonix

San Jose, CA

#17 Jul 29, 2010
I would buy a house in Patterson, if there was a freeway to cross into SJ from there, 'cause that is where the job is. I live in the Milpitas area. I'll support it. I hope someone brings this idea back to the table
Patterson resident

United States

#18 Jan 2, 2012
Patterson CA wrote:
It's done. Put a fork in it. San Jose and Milpitas have come out in opposition to it. It was never a popular idea on the West Side with the exception of the commuters and its chief proponent is no longer office. It is a bad idea in so many ways.
Its a bad idea why? So Patterson can stay a small town with no jobs put opportunity. This town is a dead end houses are cheap no one wants to live here.what a shame..
Ptown

United States

#19 Jan 2, 2012
Patterson has turned to a crack ridden slum infested with fiends an addicts willin to do anything for their next high, stealing and prostitution have become a way of life for kids out here ,takin money from parents and performin sexual acts for a couple bux are an everyday thing and things just seem to be gettin worse .... When will it stop
Bye Bye Freeway

Modesto, CA

#20 Feb 15, 2012
Patterson resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a bad idea why? So Patterson can stay a small town with no jobs put opportunity. This town is a dead end houses are cheap no one wants to live here.what a shame..
The idea is to bring jobs here, not to create a freeway so we can turn the westside into a bedroom community for the Bay Area. Bad Idea. The freeway idea is dead. San Jose and Milpitas don't want it. Kiss it goodbye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patterson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's that factory west of I-5 at Crow's Landing? (Apr '06) May 30 Denny R 67
News Panel favors higher density for Stanislaus housing (Sep '13) May '16 Laura 2
do not move to the city of patterson!!!!!!!!!!!... (Apr '10) Apr '16 Buddy 8
check this out! (Sep '13) Dec '15 King KeS 2
News Criminal court calendar now online in Santa Cru... (Nov '15) Nov '15 WooF 14
Who came up with the names of the Streets in Pa... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Chanate 1
Looking to move to Diablo Grande (Feb '15) Feb '15 Ricky1 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Patterson Mortgages