Nicole

Kansas City, MO

#1 May 11, 2009
My husband and I are hard working people with small 3 children. We are considering moving out there but we hear there is a lot of crime in Patterson. We also hear the school district is not the best. Is this true about Patterson? Is this a good place for a young family to move?
Gallo

Patterson, CA

#2 May 13, 2009
Patterson is safe and the schools are great!

www.pattersontimes.wordpress.com
LMG

San Francisco, CA

#3 Jun 15, 2009
What about the gang problem in Patterson and in the schools?
Ruth

San Francisco, CA

#4 Jun 18, 2009
Hmm. Interesting I think that every town has it's gangs and even small towns in that matter. In a smaller town it may seem a lot more noticeable rather than a large city. My most important concern is the schools. I looked up Apricot Elementary School and it seems the school has had it's fair issues of education issues. I am too considering buying in Patterson, CA. So the schools do concern me. Another thing is many of the homes our in foreclosure so a lot of families are moving in and with the banks making it a lot harder to buy a house this may help the area. If the school district gets working class people that are concerned about their childrens education and put some HEAT on the district it might help. Just a suggest....
LMG

San Francisco, CA

#5 Jun 19, 2009
This is true every town has its problems with gangs. I was just concerned on the severity of the problem. I called the sheriffs office and was informed that it is pretty controlled and not a big issue. I too am concerned about the schools. Are the schools prepared to challenge the students in classes such as in technology, arts, accelerated math, foreign language, creative writing, sports? If a child has a learning disability how equipped are they to help that child? What about after school activities? How is the administration? I need to do more homework on that. I did learn there is also a new elementary opening in the fall just not sure where in town exactly. I believe they also need a new middle school. The town only has one public middle. Parent involvement sure does make a world of difference. Parent's voices go a long way when united. I too am considering moving to Patterson.
John

Overland Park, KS

#7 Aug 11, 2009
So have any of you bought a home and moved to Patterson yet? I am looking to move their as well. I have kids and I am working class citizen. I believe all or most of the troubled folks have moved out due to going under water on their mortgages. All the gang families pretty much went back to the bay area. Most troubled kids were left unattended while their parents commuted to work all day. So now the good local people of Patterson and some good people from outside of Patterson will be able to afford and move in and hopefully the city will be a better place to live for families. I just hope the city keeps section 8 renters out. Do not want to end up like Antioch or Brentwood or even Tracy etc... The town seems great and the homes are beautiful. I hope the city becomes a safe, friendly, and family oriented place to live when I move in.

“http://obbop.wor dpress.com/”

Since: Oct 08

Fight the feds for freedom

#9 Aug 13, 2009
Don't count on it.

This is Sureno and Norteno country and the invaders from the south have infested the entire Central Valley.

You must also remember the culture invading us.

The despisement by many of education. The "cult of machismo" of the Chicano male. The viewing of the female as property of the male and the manliness of drinking and driving.

Include the constant noise of the culture from the south.

As witnessed by those who have lived around folks lower down the socio-economic pyramid, the poorer folks, the trashier folks, those with lower intellects are too often the creators of news at all hours of the day and night.

Personally, I would not live in Patterson even if paid to do so.
John

Milpitas, CA

#10 Aug 14, 2009
Obbop wrote:
Don't count on it.
This is Sureno and Norteno country and the invaders from the south have infested the entire Central Valley.
You must also remember the culture invading us.
The despisement by many of education. The "cult of machismo" of the Chicano male. The viewing of the female as property of the male and the manliness of drinking and driving.
Include the constant noise of the culture from the south.
As witnessed by those who have lived around folks lower down the socio-economic pyramid, the poorer folks, the trashier folks, those with lower intellects are too often the creators of news at all hours of the day and night.
Personally, I would not live in Patterson even if paid to do so.
It sounds like you are a racist. Not all hispanics have a drinking problem or are involved with gangs. I am sorry that you had a bad experience with a few individuals but not all Mexicans are bad. Patterson is a good town. You live very far and I am sorry you had to leave California. It's a great state.
Mrs Hutchins

United States

#11 Aug 15, 2009
I have lived in Patterson since 2002, We have had only one murder since I've been here. I have not had any problems with gangs neither has anyone I know... The only problem that I see is car theft if you own a Honda. The schools are getting better my grandson has attended school here from 1-7 grade. It's a wonderful place to raise your kids, it's very family oriented. The only problem I have with patterson is for any major shopping you have to go to turlock or modesto. That can sometimes really irritate you.

“http://obbop.wor dpress.com/”

Since: Oct 08

Fight the feds for freedom

#12 Aug 24, 2009
What about all the recent and not-so-recent news of all the troubles at the high school?

What about all those stabbings and shootings regularly reported on the local news.

Are you living in a secluded world where you refuse to see the goings-on in the "Apricot capitl of the world"?

Ahhhhh... the "racist" lbel tossed out by a brainwashed buffoon spewing their implanted knee-jerk rhetoric.

Don't let facts and data impede your spewing.

By the way... what "race" are Hispanics?

Are you aware that "Hispanics" as used in the USA is a created term used by the federal government?

How many Purto Ricans in Patterson?

"Hispanic" is a label that can be applied to millions of people from many different countries.

So, what "race" are "Hispanics"?

Not easy having to actually think for yourself, is it?

What would you label someone such as I who is judging behavior vice ethnicity or culture or race or whatever?

Maybe I am guilty of Behavioralism!!!!!

Are you aware the FBI for it national crime statistics database lumps in "Hispanic" crimes under the "White" classification?

But, keep on spewing your indoctrinated rhetoric.

It gives those who actually give their brains a little work-out now and then an opportunity to guffaw at the rhetoric spewers who are only fooling themselves and the other spewers of inane nonsense.

Really, when was the last time you voluntarily read a non-fiction book simply to increase your knowledge base?
Albert

United States

#13 Aug 27, 2009
I moved there 6 months ago and I love it I too have a daughter in elementry and the school is great. The teachers are very good. A parent has to put time into there kids not just leave it to the school. All my neighbors are very good hard working people. I now know about 15 differnt neighbors and everyone talks to each other often. Every town has uts bad areas but the gang they talk about is not like city type this is kids that grew up in a certain area of patterson and call themselves a gang. They are mixed race so not like city gangs. The sherif dept is great so for my family we are very happy.
Albert

United States

#14 Aug 27, 2009
Obbop wrote:
What about all the recent and not-so-recent news of all the troubles at the high school?
What about all those stabbings and shootings regularly reported on the local news.
Are you living in a secluded world where you refuse to see the goings-on in the "Apricot capitl of the world"?
Ahhhhh... the "racist" lbel tossed out by a brainwashed buffoon spewing their implanted knee-jerk rhetoric.
Don't let facts and data impede your spewing.
By the way... what "race" are Hispanics?
Are you aware that "Hispanics" as used in the USA is a created term used by the federal government?
How many Purto Ricans in Patterson?
"Hispanic" is a label that can be applied to millions of people from many different countries.
So, what "race" are "Hispanics"?
Not easy having to actually think for yourself, is it?
What would you label someone such as I who is judging behavior vice ethnicity or culture or race or whatever?
Maybe I am guilty of Behavioralism!!!!!
Are you aware the FBI for it national crime statistics database lumps in "Hispanic" crimes under the "White" classification?
But, keep on spewing your indoctrinated rhetoric.
It gives those who actually give their brains a little work-out now and then an opportunity to guffaw at the rhetoric spewers who are only fooling themselves and the other spewers of inane nonsense.
Really, when was the last time you voluntarily read a non-fiction book simply to increase your knowledge base?
You have major issues and by the way you dont live here do you!
Denise

Milpitas, CA

#15 Aug 27, 2009
Patterson seems pretty chill. How about Diablo Grande? That neighbor hood seems very nice. Any info would be nice. Considering a move to Patterson.
klaby

Kenosha, WI

#16 Sep 23, 2009
whenever I see "all towns have gnag problems, issues....." I run. NOT all towns have these issues, only those that allow it. Then you become used to it and next thing you know you are saying...it's not bad, it's under control, it's like ever other town. You know if your kid is a dirt bag, you know if your neighbor's kid is a dirt bag. So maybe instead of making excuses you tell the COPS and turn the dirt bag in. I live in a town about the same size in another state and you know what.....NO GANGS! 30 mins north of a major city with huge crime issues and know what NO GANGS...why COPS are active and dirt bags stay away....why cuase people tunr them in...so NO not all towns have GANG issues!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patterson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's that factory west of I-5 at Crow's Landing? (Apr '06) 6 hr Mike Daniels 60
Who came up with the names of the Streets in Pa... Feb '15 Chanate 1
Looking to move to Diablo Grande Feb '15 Ricky1 1
Looking to move to Diablo Grande Feb '15 Ricky1 1
News Diablo Grande closes course, defaults on loan (Feb '08) Feb '15 Ricky1 25
Turlock Woman Critical after being Shot by Ex-H... Jan '15 Angelica Campos 2
do not move to the city of patterson!!!!!!!!!!!... (Apr '10) Nov '14 yo mama 7
More from around the web

Patterson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]