California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,084

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4473 Mar 21, 2013
Mother Nature has had a million years to adapt to human's use of fire technology. By now, nature has adapted to our carbon emissions.

Sometimes you have to slap Mother Nature around a little bit, else she'll lose respect.
Shammie

La Puente, CA

#4474 Mar 21, 2013
Some one has removed all the posted comments from September 12, 2012 to March 15, 2013.

"Has Rafael Perez caused your business harm"

This is a TRUE statement, just ask the business he has run out of town, but not all his doing, since he is a boot-licking boy for D. Wayne Leech, hris Jeffers, Jeff Kugel, the entire Glendora city council:

Judy Nelson

Gene Murabito

Karen Davis

Joseph Santoro

Douglas Tessitor

There are a few more to be posted later.

R. Perez is just a contractor "code Enforcement" ticket writer, nothing more. If you see him wearing Glendora Police uniform and jackets then he is as always in violation of a California State Law of impersonating a "Sworn Police Officer."

The city of Glendora wastes money on supporting this guy he has caused them so much trouble in Court. Make him pick up trash and collect garbage, that would be his intel level.
RIGHT TEAPARTY

Sonoma, CA

#4476 Mar 22, 2013
Ben Gleck shows a chart that proves that this is as a result of dispirited Muslim leasbians, called Mussbians, who are living in waist deep angst and have developed a taste for the attention that they received when they came out demanding no showers in months whose names contain vowels. They won that won and now they are after our beloved bags. Bacjkground chex.
Slagged

La Puente, CA

#4477 Mar 22, 2013
Those RNC, GOP, Republican and Tea Party member's are one large bunch of idiots waste water crawlers.
Nurse Dina Change

Sonoma, CA

#4478 Mar 23, 2013
RIGHT TEAPARTY wrote:
Ben Gleck shows a chart that proves that this is as a result of dispirited Muslim leasbians, called Mussbians, who are living in waist deep angst and have developed a taste for the attention that they received when they came out demanding no showers in months whose names contain vowels. They won that won and now they are after our beloved bags. Bacjkground chex.
`
This is just plain awful. Why do you think they want to bathe all the time? Our next President BACHMAN has shown that if we allow anything then all will be brought to a halt and screeching halt too. This means that obanacare will cause waste to run the streets and the end of true evangelism as we want it only then. Now we can not allow nothing to pass until after the 2016 election when BACHMAn will then enter into the thousdand year reign of right thinking and we will all be armed and ready for stuff to just try to do stuff and then some to get those bums off the voting as they are not right thinking christians. Vote TEAPARTY and win this here.
MORMONGrow

La Puente, CA

#4479 Mar 23, 2013
K
A
P
O
O
Y
A
And that's how it's spelt.
Now don't mix it up with other less powerful words.

Glenn Beck is a product of DRUGS, alcohol and more drugs and alcohol.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4480 Mar 23, 2013
MORMONGrow wrote:
...Glenn Beck is a product of DRUGS, alcohol and more drugs and alcohol.
The left is good at vilifying opponents because their policies are terrible. If you have no rational arguments, using ad hominem arguments are your only course.
D wayne Leech

La Puente, CA

#4481 Mar 23, 2013
D Wayne Leech says; I didn't have anything to do with it.
joshuaericwilkes

San Francisco, CA

#4483 Mar 26, 2013
tired wrote:
Why dont retailers use biodegradeable bags?
Behind the shelter in the middle of a roundabout
A pretty nurse is selling poppies from a tray
And though she feels as if she's in a play
She is anyway
Lyrics from
William P

La Puente, CA

#4484 Mar 26, 2013
Please investigate the city of Glendora, CA the same way the city of Bell, CA was investigated.

This city is in serious jeopardy ever since a certain element took over and declared themselves KING, Douglas Tessitor, Chris Jeffers and D. Wayne Leech.

I created a petition to Governor Jerry Brown and President Barack Obama which says:

"Please sign my petition to President Obama and Governor Jerry Brown asking them to order a thorough investigation of the city of Glendora, California the same way the city of Bell, California was investigated."

Will you sign this petition? Click here:

http://signon.org/sign/please-investigate-the ...
ralph

Mooresville, NC

#4485 Mar 26, 2013
Use of non-biodegradable plastic bags is probably prima facie evidence that the Senate is the corrupt beneficiary of the chemical/petroleum lobbyists. They have no place on the planet if they don't quickly dissolve into something innocuous.
ralph

Mooresville, NC

#4486 Mar 26, 2013
Neither do Senators for that matter.

“Boing, boing, boing, boing,”

Since: Aug 08

#4487 Mar 26, 2013
Hi Ralph.
Smackerals

La Puente, CA

#4489 Mar 26, 2013
Blind leading the blind in Glendora, California.

The puppet master has brought two feeble minions to the city council and has them posted as Mayor and Mayor pro tem.

Joseph Santoro and Judy Nelson - the real crooks on the city council have saddled these two boobs with the failure of the other three, Gene Murabito, Karen Davis and Douglas Tessitor.
patty poughkeepsie

Sonoma, CA

#4490 Mar 27, 2013
Michelle Bachmann is our savior. She has proven to the satisfaction that the US of A was intended by the founding fathers to be the world's greatest ONLY THEOCRACY. There is no doubt. Governed by the BIBLE and by its interpreters who know what is what while the rest of us just wonder what is what and what we should be doing will be told to us. Bachmann has also proved that carbon dioxide is a natural gas and that natural gas is from god who made natural what it is and that the plants need natural gas and carbondioxide sure is gas and natural. You cant even smell it so it must be natural. The gas is needed by the plants so that they plant deep roots holding the surface of the earth in place so it doesnt fly off and this is gods plan and you cant argue with god by trying out unatural non-gassing wind power, solar power wave power or other power that does not use oil which produces carbon dioxide as is planned and the way of god. Nuclear power is okay, though for other reasons and plans that god has for us.
Hcklers

La Puente, CA

#4491 Mar 27, 2013
Heck what were you expecting?

There are no free rides here.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4495 Mar 28, 2013
The children often ask me how revolutionary Council can get away with imposing Lowenthal grocery bag harassment taxes on the voting minority of increasingly impoverished "less free" Long Beachers who do not purchase groceries with expensive taxpayer funded food stamps. I always explain to the little kiddies that Long Beach is a hotbed of "new age" revolutionary political activism as a consequence of being home to one of the most radical of the State's incredibly expensive taxpayer funded Government universities.

I patiently explain to the increasingly concerned little tykes that failed social and economic programs that are dreamed up by overpaid and under worked taxpayer supported Government "professors" in those "anti taxpayer" Big Government institutions have resulted in "out-state migration" to "freer States".

I give as an example a recent study that was made by the George Mason University's Mercatus Center which was published by Investor's Daily That study shows the voting minority of Californians who pay taxes are fleeing to more free States. According to the study, California has become the number 2 "less free" State.(Please keep in mind that there are currently 50 States)

Source: http://tinyurl.com/d4o7xjk

Ronald
Nineteen more

La Puente, CA

#4496 Mar 28, 2013
http://signon.org/sign/please-investigate-the...

There are at least two people who told me they signed the petition but their signatures are not on the list. Please check the list if you signed the petition to make sure your name is there?

Thank you for caring and trying to help me and these other 66 families.
ayee ayee ayee

AOL

#4497 Mar 28, 2013
get a life
u idiot democrats ,...
want to ban bags ?

they still hate bush
they love obama ,..
love welfare
love social security disability ,.
want free drugs ,... refuse to work
Nostrials

La Puente, CA

#4498 Mar 28, 2013
Now that home prices have risen, it's time to complete the foreclosures on those ghost accounts the banks have kept off the market and wrote off against huge banking profits in 2012 and 2013

Foreclosures have risen 9% since this time last year, a sign that lenders are moving to complete the process on homes that were stuck in the pipeline during the robo-signing scandal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patterson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 19 hr RiccardoFire 16,008
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 23 hr El SupremoS 201,038
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sep 27 Bucketeers 7,965
Mother 'Person Of Interest' In Kayla Reed Slaying (Nov '07) Sep 22 Sugarkisses89 76
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275
44 claim fraud to the tune of $3.2M (Mar '09) Aug '14 KeS 7
What's that factory west of I-5 at Crow's Landing? (Apr '06) Jun '14 Creeped Out 56

Patterson Jobs

Patterson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Patterson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Patterson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]