Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,637)

Showing posts 192,721 - 192,740 of199,080
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. Here is some evolutionary science.
At its most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
So, you believe that evolution requires legal restraints on mating behaviors? And you believe that the sole purpose of marriage is to create that restriction, even though married people can and do mate in a variety of ways with a variety of people, or not at all?

Too funny. I'd love to see you actually try to back that one up.

I'm not sure you understand that evolution is.

And now back to the topic - gay folks are still legally married and marrying in California, and the federal government recognizes each of those marriages.

Learn to face reality.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you believe that evolution requires legal restraints on mating behaviors? And you believe that the sole purpose of marriage is to create that restriction, even though married people can and do mate in a variety of ways with a variety of people, or not at all?
Too funny. I'd love to see you actually try to back that one up.
I'm not sure you understand that evolution is.
And now back to the topic - gay folks are still legally married and marrying in California, and the federal government recognizes each of those marriages.
Learn to face reality.
I didn't state my beliefs. I stated a constraint that every society in human history has practiced. In fact, social scientists assert it has been present for ten million years.

Nor did I ever state it is the 'sole' purpose of marriage. It is the most basic essence however. Scientists also assert marriage would not exist we're it not for children.

All of this simply and clearly makes your 'back to the topic' a fallacy. Perhaps you want to switch from science to religion to make your point???

Lol.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't state my beliefs. I stated a constraint that every society in human history has practiced. In fact, social scientists assert it has been present for ten million years.
Nor did I ever state it is the 'sole' purpose of marriage. It is the most basic essence however. Scientists also assert marriage would not exist we're it not for children.
All of this simply and clearly makes your 'back to the topic' a fallacy. Perhaps you want to switch from science to religion to make your point???
Lol.
It doesnít matter if you state your beliefs or not, your disdain for science, your miscomprehending of evolutionary process, and your insistence that marriage ( which only exists in Humans as a legal contract and does not exist in the rest of the animal kingdom at all ) makes it obvious.

Marriage only exists as a legal contract, and I can prove beyond any possible doubt that same sex couples are married.

That is a fact, that you have your eyes tightly closed to.
Dorn

Ridgecrest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

When Gay couples who love each other exclusively want to be married and accepted in society, they should be respected and receive the same benefits that straight married couples have. It is now happening and I am in support of the laws which are allowing it to happen.
In the past loving commited gay couples had to stay in the closet to avoid being discriminated against. That was wrong!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
When Gay couples who love each other exclusively want to be married and accepted in society, they should be respected and receive the same benefits that straight married couples have. It is now happening and I am in support of the laws which are allowing it to happen.
In the past loving commited gay couples had to stay in the closet to avoid being discriminated against. That was wrong!
In more and more states and nations around the country that is becoming true.

Donít lose heart, there are many of us heterosexuals that fight for equal rights for our fellow Americans.

Those left brooding over ancient dogma are losing power, respect and any credibility.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
Marriage describes a distinct relationship in society. SS couples are not the same. They have every right and ability to establish their own identity and rights.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage describes a distinct relationship in society. SS couples are not the same. They have every right and ability to establish their own identity and rights.
They have established their identity and rights, they are married.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe that's where he puts the hot buttered rum.
so you can lick it off Putro ...
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need that, I know for a fact I actually exist :)
Ok so you exist and you don't need faith in other things. Now you can answer, do you have faith in yourself? Yes or No ...
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Dorn wrote:
Society is not as receptive as you may want or think. Gays are still finding ways to challenge society for example the two queers that were making out in the back seat of a private taxi cab for example, now the are suing the cab company becaus the driver kicked them out of the cab. The homos knew what they were planning and that was a law suit for recognition. lol that is just the begining
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so you exist and you don't need faith in other things. Now you can answer, do you have faith in yourself? Yes or No ...
No, I have knowledge of me, faith is opposed to knowledge, I have knowledge of me, faith is meaningless.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let the door hit ya,where the
Good Lord "split" ya!! I'm a straight
female Christian and God didn't
send you here to judge anyone.
That's not your place.Live and Let
Live...Diversity is what California
is all about,you won't be the first
nuts to try to change "US",and you
won't be the last......
well said

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I have knowledge of me, faith is opposed to knowledge, I have knowledge of me, faith is meaningless.
You're lying to yourself. we need faith as a navigational aid. Everyone has faith in someone or something; it just might not necessarily be God. You believe in history, what a history book says a person said. You didn't hear that person hundreds of years ago say that and in what context, but you have faith that the authors of that history wrote it correctly for your explanation of that. You have faith.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
In more and more states and nations around the country that is becoming true.
Donít lose heart, there are many of us heterosexuals that fight for equal rights for our fellow Americans.
Those left brooding over ancient dogma are losing power, respect and any credibility.
But it's not the most on going important issue going on today. Why is it such a passion of yours? Thousands of Californians are losing their health care because of your vote.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnít matter if you state your beliefs or not, your disdain for science, your miscomprehending of evolutionary process, and your insistence that marriage ( which only exists in Humans as a legal contract and does not exist in the rest of the animal kingdom at all ) makes it obvious.
Marriage only exists as a legal contract, and I can prove beyond any possible doubt that same sex couples are married.
That is a fact, that you have your eyes tightly closed to.
Your Atheist Leader, Mikey Weinstein has struck again,

This man is a public enemy and a deviant of the lowest order.

He's gone after every religious symbol in the U.S. military.

Weinstein is now being used by Obama to advise all branches of the military on "religious tolerance."

One of his policies includes court-martialing military chaplains who share the Christian gospel during spiritual counseling sessions.

The Air Force Academy has just announced that it will now be optional for cadets to recite the words "So help me God" at the end of its honor oath.

I don't care if you're an atheist or an agnostic. That's your right.

But I really resent these people stepping on the hearts and souls of people who believe in God, especially those who believe in Jesus Christ.

It's so offensive, because George Washington took the oath as our first president and said the words, "So help me God."

Why does the American military now turn to a twisted sister like Mikey Weinstein and ask this piece of garbage whether or not they can say "God" in a military chapel?

This would stop if we had a truly God-fearing president.

This one doesn't even fake it.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>But it's not the most on going important issue going on today. Why is it such a passion of yours? Thousands of Californians are losing their health care because of your vote.
For you it isnít the most important, it is for them, and I support them. And you donít have enough unbiased information to talk about your other concern.

I know of thousands that are getting health care for the first time because of my vote.

Turn off Faux News and find out what is really happening.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
By all means, Caligula and NAMBLA should be accepted and respected because some astroturfing loser on Topix said it was a sign of Enlightenment.
Poof

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Some things never change, yes Frankie is still a PUTZ
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
For you it isnít the most important, it is for them, and I support them. And you donít have enough unbiased information to talk about your other concern.
I know of thousands that are getting health care for the first time because of my vote.
Turn off Faux News and find out what is really happening.
Turn off MSNBC News and find out what is really happening.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, but is not meaningless to those of us who have trust in faith

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 192,721 - 192,740 of199,080
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Patterson Discussions

Search the Patterson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 17 hr Activity 15,657
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Tue Bag itts 4,551
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Apr 15 lug heads 7,298
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
What's that factory west of I-5 at Crow's Landing? (Apr '06) Mar 25 Internet 53
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mar 24 Dee gne 2,207
Woman Drowned in 1988 Oct '13 Searching 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Patterson Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Patterson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••