Benicia council narrowly rejects controversial project

A weary Benicia City Council early today rejected a controversial 528-acre business park development after strong concerns were raised that it would result in health and safety impacts too numerous to mitigate. Full Story
No Surprise

Daly City, CA

#1 Oct 8, 2008
Three members of the Benicia Council voted for the future health and welfare of the community. The other two, well....(up for re-election next year, $$$$$)
Bill Foreman

United States

#2 Oct 8, 2008
To the three who voted against this project, thank you.
Not Surprised Too

San Francisco, CA

#3 Oct 8, 2008
Benicia citizens knew Schwartzman and Hughes would line up with the developer for the financial support in next years election.

Mike I. really defined himself last night with comments and the only appropriate vote to keep a tight rein on Seeno and their well documented track record.
Oakley

Oakley, CA

#4 Oct 8, 2008
OMG!!! I hope you guys follow up on this and re post if he is found. How sad!
Oakley

Oakley, CA

#5 Oct 8, 2008
Oops sorry all, wrong story.

“The Lord has truly blessed me.”

Since: Jul 08

Lafayette, California

#6 Oct 8, 2008
Harold, you are in my prayers you sweet little baby. I pray that no one is hurting you; Jesus loves you. I hate hearing this, it breaks my heart and I lose all hope for humanity. Everyone please keep a look out for this child.
Margo

San Francisco, CA

#7 Oct 8, 2008
Well, the paper has a glitch. The story with the missing kid, comment links to this story.
I pray they find him.
Dave

Hayward, CA

#8 Oct 8, 2008
parental involvement wrote:
Harold, you are in my prayers you sweet little baby. I pray that no one is hurting you; Jesus loves you. I hate hearing this, it breaks my heart and I lose all hope for humanity. Everyone please keep a look out for this child.
I spoke with a VPD officer at Costco this afternoon, and he was pretty sure he had been located (~6pm). My wife works at Dan Mini and she was pretty upset this afternoon.
The witness

Berkeley, CA

#9 Oct 8, 2008
Living in a motel room, who would run away(wonderaway).
please

Hayward, CA

#10 Oct 8, 2008
The witness wrote:
Living in a motel room, who would run away(wonderaway).
Thank god this child was found. Please do not judge this family maybe they lost their home to a fire or something. Lets be happy this child was found unharmed.
Thank God

Napa, CA

#11 Oct 8, 2008
Glad to read he is safe.
MJ Keenan

Napa, CA

#12 Oct 8, 2008
Bottom line is most of the time it's a none issue, but it doesn't matter. Everyone needs to believe it's a serious situation until proving otherwise. I have a 4th grader too...
Observer

San Francisco, CA

#13 Oct 8, 2008
Let's all be thankful that this child was located safely and not harmed. We need to thank the principal, VP, teachers, students, parents and all of the DM staff for their quick thinking and response. Thank you to VPD for helping the parents. People should not be judgemental. Clearly, this is a family in distress. I would hope that people would have compassion, rather than throw stones.
Save Our Hills

San Leandro, CA

#14 Oct 9, 2008
Well Done Benicia !!

You have taken the correct action !!!
Seeno Defeated

San Leandro, CA

#15 Oct 9, 2008
The Seeno family has been kicked out of Benicia. Don’t worry about them, they will feel better after they go home and cry in a bag of their money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patterson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do not move to the city of patterson!!!!!!!!!!!... (Apr '10) Nov 30 yo mama 7
Mother 'Person Of Interest' In Kayla Reed Slaying (Nov '07) Nov '14 gg 78
What's that factory west of I-5 at Crow's Landing? (Apr '06) Nov '14 Amanda 58
VCUSD president Tony Ubalde admits to using dis... Oct '14 Greedy Union Thug 5
What do you guys think of the Proposed Freeway ... (Oct '06) Oct '14 Irwin 40
44 claim fraud to the tune of $3.2M (Mar '09) Aug '14 KeS 7
Woman Drowned in 1988 (Oct '13) Oct '13 Searching 1
Patterson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web