What's that factory west of I-5 at Cr...
Amerika

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Jul 10, 2011
I feel I now know less than when I first Googled this question. Good entertainment for the long drive though! So my next question is, if the government doesn't want us to know about it or question it, why's it so close to the heavily traveled i5?!?
Jess

Grass Valley, CA

#22 Aug 5, 2011
Just drove by an very curious... If it's just a trash plant why are there GUARDS at the entrance so no one can drive in and there isn't ANY trash on the fences?????
Ivan

Fairfield, CA

#23 Aug 19, 2011
I always drive by there n its true ther e is no signs out there
Caron

Oakland, CA

#24 Oct 11, 2011
It's the Covanta incinerator which Burns up to 800 tons of solid waste (I don't know if that's per day), turns it into emergy then sells it to Pacific Gas & Electric. They say it's safe but there are lots of people who say it isn't and there's the Fink Road landfill next door. www.covantaenergy.com
Curious Traveler

Los Gatos, CA

#25 Nov 25, 2011
Caron wrote:
It's the Covanta incinerator which Burns up to 800 tons of solid waste (I don't know if that's per day), turns it into emergy then sells it to Pacific Gas & Electric. They say it's safe but there are lots of people who say it isn't and there's the Fink Road landfill next door. www.covantaenergy.com
I was so glad to see someone actually posted a reference website; it gave your posting legitimacy. BUT I just went to the website, and it does not list a facility in this area. Hey everyone, I believe I have uncovered a conspirator!
crows r scary

United States

#26 Jan 8, 2012
We think the government is producing genetically modified crows to spy on the public. We've seen some scary looking crows perched on those high fences!
Zack G

United States

#27 Feb 20, 2012
Guys guys guys, come on lets be realistic here, this is where the government genetically create people like Justin Beiber
Aaron and Kendal

United States

#28 May 8, 2012
You guys are all wrong...it's "Willy Wonkas Chocolate factory!". And they are not little green men-they are orange! Oompa Loompa
will from sac

Sacramento, CA

#29 Jun 27, 2012
"RACOON CITY". energy plant? NO! there are no high voltage lines anywhere. theres also no parking...or for that matter no parked cars there..ever. i drove past on 6-24-12 and the femce is complete...so complete that they have patched the fence so NOTHING can get through...not even rabbits.(because critters Set off the motion detectors) why do you need motion detectors for a trach burning facility? answer: YOU DONT!
allan marcus wrote:
What's that big factory just west of I-5 at Crow's Landing, out in the middle of nowhere, with a big fence around it?
Pwrguy

Los Angeles, CA

#30 Jul 6, 2012
I work in a power plant, the location of this operation seemed a little odd to me also, but now knowing that the landfill is on the property it makes sense. People pay to dump ther trash and then pay for the energy. The fact that ther is no smoke comming from the stack is because of flue gass scrubbers and smog monitoring systems. We should all be great full of the technology we have to create energy with very little environmental impact. The plant I work in burns sawmill biproduct. ie saw dust and chips. We have no visible gasses comming from our stack.
Aaron

Los Angeles, CA

#31 Aug 17, 2012
New Mexico has Roslin and Cali has crows landing. Interesting name "landing". For those UFOs! Someone call FOX for some quality TV news at its best
phil

United States

#32 Sep 5, 2012
Well I drive by all the time and wonder myself ,and I look at the surrounding fence ,and as I took a closer look it appears to be built to keep things in and not out or both lots of security for incineration plant oh well .
reasonprevails

Sacramento, CA

#33 Sep 6, 2012
Aaron wrote:
New Mexico has Roslin and Cali has crows landing. Interesting name "landing". For those UFOs! Someone call FOX for some quality TV news at its best
CNN and MSNBC have already beat you to the punch. They both reported the Republicans launch Islamic terrorism missions out of this secret facility to scare people in tall buildings...
chronic I-5 traveler

Belfair, WA

#34 Nov 1, 2012
Curious Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>
I was so glad to see someone actually posted a reference website; it gave your posting legitimacy. BUT I just went to the website, and it does not list a facility in this area. Hey everyone, I believe I have uncovered a conspirator!
I find this odd that you didn't find a facility. I did. Under the Facilities tab; California; Stanislaus County. Isn't this fun??
Sharon

United States

#35 Nov 22, 2012
Drove by this area and It reminded me of the movie "Coma" with Michael Douglas!
Traveling from Hawaii nei

Los Angeles, CA

#36 Nov 23, 2012
We think it's it a Botox multi/service center. You go in at 65 and cone out looking 25, the fence is for patient/celebrity privacy.
Jaz

Stockton, CA

#37 Dec 30, 2012
Its where you dumped your junk garbage !! Weirdos
Susan

Brooklyn, NY

#38 Mar 1, 2013
the mystery of this place is the fence. It is designed with the barbed wire slanted up towards the facility meaning they are trying to keep whatever is in there from coming out. Why does the fence have to be so high. I've been to plenty of dumps and none of them have fences anywhere close to that height
vannah and bob

New York, NY

#39 Mar 17, 2013
My boyfriend and I are on a road trip and we just drove past, we've come to the conclusion that one of the hills is the back of a dinosaur that has been hibernating and the factory is producing sleeping medicine to keep the dinosaur from waking up and just in case the dinosaur woke uo the fence is help to keep it in...mysteries on the I-5
Bob

Raleigh, NC

#40 May 8, 2013
If it's to keep trash from blowing away, why is there barbed wire at the top?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patterson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Patterson High Seeks Peace After Gang Brawl (Sep '07) Dec '16 Lawrence 12
Apartments??? Dec '16 NSS 1
News Vallejo teenager drowns in San Joaquin River; c... (Sep '07) Oct '16 waste of time 27
News Former hospital destroyed (Jul '16) Jul '16 Dave Esper 1
Highway from Patterson to The Bay area (Aug '07) Jun '16 Buddy 21
News Panel favors higher density for Stanislaus housing (Sep '13) May '16 Laura 2
do not move to the city of patterson!!!!!!!!!!!... (Apr '10) Apr '16 Buddy 8

Patterson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Patterson Mortgages