Waterfront a prime location for Benicia

Waterfront a prime location for Benicia

There are 4 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Mar 30, 2009, titled Waterfront a prime location for Benicia. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

Local residents have teamed up with the city to apply for a state grant to help create a waterfront park at the foot of First Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

A Benician

San Jose, CA

#1 Mar 30, 2009
Isn't there already a park at the end of First Street???? Maybe I am missing something here. What else do you put in a park?
Benician

Albion, CA

#2 Mar 30, 2009
No there isn't currently a park at the end of First St.; there is grass. I assume that is where they would put the "park" but what is missing are all those things that make a park enjoyable: eating areas, benches, paths, play areas for children, access for people with limited mobility and the elderly, clean restrooms, maybe even some trees. It would be a beautiful spot for a park with water views all around. Right now I just walk by on the sidewalk.
Benicia Guy

Oakland, CA

#3 Mar 30, 2009
Hmmmm who designed the last "park" that consists of a druggie and horny teen infested parking lot jetting out into the bay? What a crock of stuipid A** people designed it? And that "christmas tree" How out of place is that? Benicia is like Vallejo....Tons of opportunities.. but the local government Fu*ks us over with bad design and management. Benicia should be thriving downtown like other relatively wealthy towns are. Benicia has the opportunity to become a "Danville" or a "Martinez" WAKE UP!!! The downtown is Dying! WTF!!! Who approves a 3 story building on the waterfront??(across from the abandoned Starbucks) Who allows a "junkyard" of abandoned cranes, barges and now Old Houses sitting on blocks to remain an eyesore for years??? These old houses will sit another 5 years GUARANTEED! Really this town is going to Sh**, and it's not because of the "Vallejo folks" it is because of inept legacy of Benicia leaders. WAKE UP! I'm a youngster and i can already see the Benicia will be another Martinez soon... possibly another sprawling Vallejo if they build up around Laker Herman road.
Love It

San Jose, CA

#4 Apr 1, 2009
So it that what my kid is doing down at the spit? I thought he was out there with his friends since there is nothing else to do in Benicia. Unfortunately there is things happening down there as everywhere. If the park is "upgraded from a patch of grass people walk around, then we loose a place for people to take their dogs.We put sand or wood chips in the play area and then our local Kitty's get in trouble. This town does have it's issues, but nothing like many others.

You contradict yourself when you say that we have the chance to be like Danville and Martinez and then say we will end up like Martinez. I lived in Martinez and believe me Benicia is nothing like it. The minute Benicia turns into a Danville, which I grew up in, I am outta here! I love Benica and it's funky Christmas tree!!!
Benicia Guy wrote:
Hmmmm who designed the last "park" that consists of a druggie and horny teen infested parking lot jetting out into the bay? What a crock of stuipid **** people designed it? And that "christmas tree" How out of place is that? Benicia is like Vallejo....Tons of opportunities.. but the local government Fu*ks us over with bad design and management. Benicia should be thriving downtown like other relatively wealthy towns are. Benicia has the opportunity to become a "Danville" or a "Martinez" WAKE UP!!! The downtown is Dying!****!!! Who approves a 3 story building on the waterfront??(across from the abandoned Starbucks) Who allows a "junkyard" of abandoned cranes, barges and now Old Houses sitting on blocks to remain an eyesore for years??? These old houses will sit another 5 years GUARANTEED! Really this town is going to Sh**, and it's not because of the "Vallejo folks" it is because of inept legacy of Benicia leaders. WAKE UP! I'm a youngster and i can already see the Benicia will be another Martinez soon... possibly another sprawling Vallejo if they build up around Laker Herman road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patterson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's that factory west of I-5 at Crow's Landing? (Apr '06) May '15 Mike Daniels 60
Who came up with the names of the Streets in Pa... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Chanate 1
Looking to move to Diablo Grande (Feb '15) Feb '15 Ricky1 1
Looking to move to Diablo Grande (Feb '15) Feb '15 Ricky1 1
News Diablo Grande closes course, defaults on loan (Feb '08) Feb '15 Ricky1 25
Turlock Woman Critical after being Shot by Ex-H... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Angelica Campos 2
do not move to the city of patterson!!!!!!!!!!!... (Apr '10) Nov '14 yo mama 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Patterson Mortgages