Waterfront a prime location for Benicia

Full story: Vallejo Times-Herald

Local residents have teamed up with the city to apply for a state grant to help create a waterfront park at the foot of First Street.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Apr 1, 2009
A Benician

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Isn't there already a park at the end of First Street???? Maybe I am missing something here. What else do you put in a park?
Benician

Albion, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

No there isn't currently a park at the end of First St.; there is grass. I assume that is where they would put the "park" but what is missing are all those things that make a park enjoyable: eating areas, benches, paths, play areas for children, access for people with limited mobility and the elderly, clean restrooms, maybe even some trees. It would be a beautiful spot for a park with water views all around. Right now I just walk by on the sidewalk.
Benicia Guy

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Hmmmm who designed the last "park" that consists of a druggie and horny teen infested parking lot jetting out into the bay? What a crock of stuipid A** people designed it? And that "christmas tree" How out of place is that? Benicia is like Vallejo....Tons of opportunities.. but the local government Fu*ks us over with bad design and management. Benicia should be thriving downtown like other relatively wealthy towns are. Benicia has the opportunity to become a "Danville" or a "Martinez" WAKE UP!!! The downtown is Dying! WTF!!! Who approves a 3 story building on the waterfront??(across from the abandoned Starbucks) Who allows a "junkyard" of abandoned cranes, barges and now Old Houses sitting on blocks to remain an eyesore for years??? These old houses will sit another 5 years GUARANTEED! Really this town is going to Sh**, and it's not because of the "Vallejo folks" it is because of inept legacy of Benicia leaders. WAKE UP! I'm a youngster and i can already see the Benicia will be another Martinez soon... possibly another sprawling Vallejo if they build up around Laker Herman road.
Love It

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

So it that what my kid is doing down at the spit? I thought he was out there with his friends since there is nothing else to do in Benicia. Unfortunately there is things happening down there as everywhere. If the park is "upgraded from a patch of grass people walk around, then we loose a place for people to take their dogs.We put sand or wood chips in the play area and then our local Kitty's get in trouble. This town does have it's issues, but nothing like many others.

You contradict yourself when you say that we have the chance to be like Danville and Martinez and then say we will end up like Martinez. I lived in Martinez and believe me Benicia is nothing like it. The minute Benicia turns into a Danville, which I grew up in, I am outta here! I love Benica and it's funky Christmas tree!!!
Benicia Guy wrote:
Hmmmm who designed the last "park" that consists of a druggie and horny teen infested parking lot jetting out into the bay? What a crock of stuipid **** people designed it? And that "christmas tree" How out of place is that? Benicia is like Vallejo....Tons of opportunities.. but the local government Fu*ks us over with bad design and management. Benicia should be thriving downtown like other relatively wealthy towns are. Benicia has the opportunity to become a "Danville" or a "Martinez" WAKE UP!!! The downtown is Dying!****!!! Who approves a 3 story building on the waterfront??(across from the abandoned Starbucks) Who allows a "junkyard" of abandoned cranes, barges and now Old Houses sitting on blocks to remain an eyesore for years??? These old houses will sit another 5 years GUARANTEED! Really this town is going to Sh**, and it's not because of the "Vallejo folks" it is because of inept legacy of Benicia leaders. WAKE UP! I'm a youngster and i can already see the Benicia will be another Martinez soon... possibly another sprawling Vallejo if they build up around Laker Herman road.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Patterson Discussions

Search the Patterson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr snodder 200,343
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 5 hr snodder 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 23 hr Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sun Facts facts 15,927
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Jul 21 Racjei 4,885
What's that factory west of I-5 at Crow's Landing? (Apr '06) Jun '14 Creeped Out 56
CA Federal judge to issue Proposition 8 decision W... (Aug '10) Jun '14 Eric Cantor or cant 1,974
•••
•••
•••
•••

Patterson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Patterson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••