Review: Magic Isle Aquarium

Posted in the Patchogue Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

White Plains, NY

#1 Mar 16, 2009
I have been working at Magic Isle for a little while now, and I can honestly say it is the greatest job to have as a teen. It was my first job and I love it so much. It is a place where you can't wait to go back. Magic Isle is a great place to work, as well as purchase anything you need for your pets. Its a great pet shop.
Anonymous

White Plains, NY

#2 May 3, 2009
I hear the owner is quite the jerk.
Confused

Teaneck, NJ

#3 May 4, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
ME TOO!!
Dirty

White Plains, NY

#4 May 6, 2009
This place might be a nice place to work, but someone really needs to clean it.It's always dirty and run-down looking.The girl that always has the bird on her shoulder kinda has an attitude too.I dont go there anymore.
Confused

Teaneck, NJ

#5 May 6, 2009
Dirty wrote:
This place might be a nice place to work, but someone really needs to clean it.It's always dirty and run-down looking.The girl that always has the bird on her shoulder kinda has an attitude too.I dont go there anymore.
she's been there for over 25 years...with the same dirty clothes...lol
Dirty

White Plains, NY

#6 May 10, 2009
lol I guess thats why she doeasn't clean house
Cindyshu

Rockville Centre, NY

#7 May 29, 2009
I go there all the time and love it. The girl with the bird on her shoulder was snippy only once while checking us out (I think she was annoyed at one of the other workers). Most of the time she is very nice. As for Petco in Selden, the manager there was aweful to me several times. I vowed that I would NEVER go back there. I also like that the Magic Isle lets the kids feed the fish (they love that).
Anonymous

Scarsdale, NY

#8 Jun 5, 2009
Anonymous wrote:
You heard right.
EMPLOYEE

Bronx, NY

#9 Jun 23, 2009
ive worked at magic isle for over five years, and can honestly tell you that the owner at times is abrasive but not a jerk. he works hard to always have a large variety of animals in stock, and to keep them well maintained. Magic isle works harder than any pet store i beleive to do the best for the fish while they are in the store.
buckyshoo

Coram, NY

#10 Sep 1, 2009
i want to work at a pet store really bad!!!
buckyshoo

Coram, NY

#11 Sep 1, 2009
its either a pet store or i work at the library!

i much rater work with animals! squeak
annomyse

Paterson, NJ

#12 May 9, 2010
do they have golden hamsters there
lol

Paterson, NJ

#13 May 9, 2010
op
Anonymous

Port Jefferson, NY

#14 Aug 31, 2010
Dirty wrote:
She is very nice she takes pride in her job and knows everything there is about how to take car of a pet. Ive been going there since i was little, i loved feeding the koi fish. The bird on her shoulder is rescued and from an abuser.... its not dirty its filled with animals ... I go there for all of my pet supplies and ive always have. i recommend it to all of my friends and the pets u get there live for a very long time my hamster lived for 3years nd at another pet store... only 1week and then 4days nd then for 2year bc they all had wet tail a disease pretty much all the hamsters at that pet store had. it lived longer bc we had to give it medicene to treat it which wasnt easy to give it... overall Magic Isle is my favorite pet store and i 100% recomend it!
frank

East Setauket, NY

#15 Jun 28, 2012
They were asking over a dollar for a ghost shrimp.... very very very very over priced. The lady w/ the bird is always cranky, overall I would not recommend.
GhostShrimpEnthu isiast

Holtsville, NY

#16 Jun 30, 2012
frank wrote:
They were asking over a dollar for a ghost shrimp.... very very very very over priced.
A dollar for a Ghost Shrimp? That's highway robbery right there, I wouldn't pay half that much for a Ghost Shrimp,if you want a good deal on a Ghost Shrimp You let me know.
llm

Centereach, NY

#17 Oct 7, 2012
The girl with the bird is a doll. She has alot of information and is always kind. Shame on these bloggers who would critize such a nice lady
Employee

New York, NY

#18 Apr 22, 2015
Anonymous wrote:
He's only a "jerk" when a customer comes in and gives him or the employees an attitude. He is great at what he does and if your coming in to tell the work staff what we do wrong or that he is wrong then expect an attitude. he does everything possible to accommodate every customer and we as employees do everything we can to help the customer. We serve you with respect and we expect the same in return. And we remember the customers you come in and give us an attitude and then the following week act like nothing happened. You walk in the doors and are given respect, you instantly earn our respect for choosing us and trusting us. And if we come off as a jerk it's because you've earned yourself that. I've had customers come in and apologize for past behavior and instantly they get respect back. It's a family owned business and the employees are treated as family and we as employees like to treat our customers as family.
Lisa

Whittier, CA

#19 Apr 22, 2015
There's nothing magic about this place! And the only rabbits jumping out of hats would be sick and diseased! This place is a total dump. This is a bad store with bad employees, case closed.
ya know

Clarksburg, WV

#20 Apr 23, 2015
Employee wrote:
<quoted text>He's only a "jerk" when a customer comes in and gives him or the employees an attitude. He is great at what he does and if your coming in to tell the work staff what we do wrong or that he is wrong then expect an attitude. he does everything possible to accommodate every customer and we as employees do everything we can to help the customer. We serve you with respect and we expect the same in return. And we remember the customers you come in and give us an attitude and then the following week act like nothing happened. You walk in the doors and are given respect, you instantly earn our respect for choosing us and trusting us. And if we come off as a jerk it's because you've earned yourself that. I've had customers come in and apologize for past behavior and instantly they get respect back. It's a family owned business and the employees are treated as family and we as employees like to treat our customers as family.
You ever heard of the customers always right? Pathetic! If you like to treat customers like family you are really doing a disservice to this place the more you speak!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patchogue Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local drug dealing doctors exposed 2 hr Bungholio 7
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Lake Grove Sat seemesmile 6
Insula Dome Skylights going out of business? (Jul '11) Jul 2 dennis 11
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) Jul 2 Down South 121,920
News Smithtown parishioners planning protest of chur... (Aug '07) Jul 2 Anthony 1,814
Debate: Drinking Age - Ronkonkoma, NY (Dec '11) Jul 1 my opinion 2
Subway (May '14) Jul 1 Food for thought 4
More from around the web

Patchogue People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Patchogue Mortgages