Mayor Garcia and the waveland police ...
Got it right

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#21 Jun 7, 2013
candlegirl wrote:
WOW ! What I just read . I cannot believe people thinks Mike "P" should be the new chief. People the reason he was LAID OFF was he was not doing his job. Nothing to do with budget cuts. That is why he still has a lawsuit pending.
Obviously you don't pay a lot of attention. I have seen what goes on around the PD for a long time and he has been the one running most of it. That's why he was promoted to that position. I'm not saying he is the only one but you were way off.
HomeoftheWave

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#22 Jun 7, 2013
I don't see what the big fuse is all about. David Allen seems just as qualified as anyone that currently serves in the Waveland Police Department. If Mayor Garcia feels comfortable with David Allen running his police department then why does he need to open up a search for a new chief. The Mayor is responsible for the police department not the Board of Alderman. The Board of Alderman is responsible for making policies and to build a budget they are not the human resource department.

I really wish the Sea Coast Echo wrote a more detailed story about the hiring of the new police chief because it seems that I am missing a big part of the story. Does anyone know the reason why Alderman Kidd and Lafontaine 'no' to the David Allen hire?
truth

Byram, MS

#23 Jun 7, 2013
HomeoftheWave wrote:
I don't see what the big fuse is all about. David Allen seems just as qualified as anyone that currently serves in the Waveland Police Department. If Mayor Garcia feels comfortable with David Allen running his police department then why does he need to open up a search for a new chief. The Mayor is responsible for the police department not the Board of Alderman. The Board of Alderman is responsible for making policies and to build a budget they are not the human resource department.
I really wish the Sea Coast Echo wrote a more detailed story about the hiring of the new police chief because it seems that I am missing a big part of the story. Does anyone know the reason why Alderman Kidd and Lafontaine 'no' to the David Allen hire?
If you want to know the reason you should probably ask them. I did and now I understand more. If you looking for the answer on here, it will be some "BS" opinion by people who think they know what is Going on. Both of those aldermen are down to earth and will give you a straight answer whether its what you want to hear or not. You get the truth from them not politics.
Waveland Resident

Gulfport, MS

#24 Jun 7, 2013
The Sea Coast Echo could not write a more detailed article because they were not at the meeting to hear all the discussion! I

agree with "truth", just ask Mark and Shane why they voted No? They did not say David Allen wasn't qualified they just thought other people should have been interviewed to make sure you get the best candidate!

As far as being deserving, everyone is saying David Allen has worked his way up, we'll what about Mike P who was all the way to Asst. Chief before politics cost him his job?

Since: Jul 11

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#25 Jun 17, 2013
James wrote:
The only thing I can say is WOW.The vote goes 2 to 2 and our mayor goes with Mr.Allen for our new chief.Nothing agains Mr.Allen but I believe that if Mr.Mike Prendergast would have "VOTED" for you he would,and SHOULD be the chief.Thank GOD you will not be running as mayor again.My be we can get someone with a brain in there to make the RIGHT choice.Thank you Shane and Mr.Kidd for not voting yes on that.
Let me get this straight. You want a guy that was second in command with the regime that gave Waveland such a glowing reputation, and you don't think Dave Allen, after doing all that he has done for Waveland and the P.D should have been chosen over him. Seems to me you are either snugged up with Prendergast or you just have a problem with the fact that someone is in after Chief Hurt that will continue his work and improve upon it even more. We don't need a repeat of what happened with the last regime.

Since: Jul 11

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#26 Jun 18, 2013
I sit here reading all these comments of which some I agree with and some I don't. For those that think Prendergast was the one for the job, I must disagree. As part of the "old order" he was part and parcel to the pitiful reputation that the Waveland P.D. had built and maintained for years. Chief Hurt has begun to turn this around. Lawsuits have been overturned and the Dept. is beginning to resemble a real P.D. I realize Dave is not one of the "Ole Boys" but I can't think of anyone else that would do a better job.(could be why two voted against him) I have my own ideas about that. I've known Dave for years and for whatever reason, he loves the city of Waveland. Again, I have to question the motives of the two Aldermen. I also find it hard to believe the mayor is "brainless" as he appeared to have no trouble getting elected to office. Only time will tell, and I believe Dave Allen should be given a fair chance to do his job without all the whining about your how your "Ole buddy" didn't get the nod. Suck it up, put on your big boy pants, and help Waveland move forward.
Honest truth

United States

#27 Jun 18, 2013
Ok I see all yall ranting about the PD and FD. Heres why things happened the way they did. Mike howard Bret and Mac were all let go because they DIDNT do thier job. They sat back in thier offices and back stabbed everyone. If you seen them out at night it was because they were out trying to find dirt on the patrolmen. They would leave during the day and go fishing, hunting or whatever they wanted to do and then went out at night to justify thier time cards. Yes they all were on Tommy Longos side during the investigation. They all lied on the stand under oath and I personally know they did. Mac had his little B*tch boys watching every move the other patrolmen made and reported back to him. Bret just sat back and kept his nose clean while Mac done all the dirty work. Mac is piece of $hit. He is not a cop. He thinks he knows everything about everything. Bret is a yes boy, Howard doesnt know his a$$ from a hole in the ground and Mike is just along for the ride until hes able to retire in another year or so. If the city wants to get some good officers back in the PD they have to get rid of the virus known as MAC " the back stabber " Cowand. I do agree, they should have taken apps for the Chiefs position but they did pick a great officer/person for the job. David Garcia has no common scense.He is book smart but dumb as hell when it comes to making decisions. And im sure you all know that David Garcia runs the FD not Mike Smith.
Waveland Resident

Fargo, ND

#28 Jun 19, 2013
Honest truth wrote:
Ok I see all yall ranting about the PD and FD. Heres why things happened the way they did. Mike howard Bret and Mac were all let go because they DIDNT do thier job. They sat back in thier offices and back stabbed everyone. If you seen them out at night it was because they were out trying to find dirt on the patrolmen. They would leave during the day and go fishing, hunting or whatever they wanted to do and then went out at night to justify thier time cards. Yes they all were on Tommy Longos side during the investigation. They all lied on the stand under oath and I personally know they did. Mac had his little B*tch boys watching every move the other patrolmen made and reported back to him. Bret just sat back and kept his nose clean while Mac done all the dirty work. Mac is piece of $hit. He is not a cop. He thinks he knows everything about everything. Bret is a yes boy, Howard doesnt know his a$$ from a hole in the ground and Mike is just along for the ride until hes able to retire in another year or so. If the city wants to get some good officers back in the PD they have to get rid of the virus known as MAC " the back stabber " Cowand. I do agree, they should have taken apps for the Chiefs position but they did pick a great officer/person for the job. David Garcia has no common scense.He is book smart but dumb as hell when it comes to making decisions. And im sure you all know that David Garcia runs the FD not Mike Smith.
Might I ask how you know personally they lied under oath? Just wondering.

I am not sure I would go so far as to say David Garcia is book smart. We all know there is NO book in the world that spells LIBRARY as LIBARRY!

I do believe our Police Department has gained some respect but until the Fireman Mayor is gone they will be held back instead of being allowed to move on.
Yup

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#29 Jun 23, 2013
Fireman David should go back with fireman mike, and wash hoses and leave the real work to real women who know what they are doing. He believes he won because people liked him, DUUUUH it was because you were the only one running against LOOOONGO Hang in there Waveland PD help is on the way.
What

Madison, MS

#30 Jul 8, 2013
Chief classes? I've been in Law Enforcement for 15 years, 5 of which were with the Waveland PD. No, I'm no longer with Waveland, left during the lay off period, but have never heard of "Chief Class". Sure, there are leadership development and similar courses a plenty, maybe that's what you are referring to?
holiday

Byram, MS

#31 Jul 9, 2013
i thought mike p was a convicted felon for burning something down what happen to kenny hurt
holiday

Byram, MS

#32 Jul 9, 2013
candlegirl wrote:
AreSun - You are so right On all "PARTS" of your comment. That being said I want to say - Great job Kenny for getting Wavelad Police Department back on track in all aspects and Congrats to David Allen with his new position. Keep up the good work.
i HAY I WORKED FOR KENNY DURING THE 90S AND THOUGHT HE WAS A HELL OF A LAW MAN. WE WORKED UNDER RONNIE PETERSON. WHAT HAPPENED TO KENNYS CHIEFS POSITION. [email protected]
James

Fairhope, AL

#33 Jul 10, 2013
holiday,you are stupid!You say you are a ex-law man?Then you know IF he was a CONVICTED felon he could not carry a gun..........
Confused

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#34 Jul 11, 2013
What is going on with Brent Anderson? Some say he's planning on running for mayor, you would think from the butt whipping he got from David Yarbourgh he would realize that he ain't cut out for politics.
Waveland

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#35 Jul 12, 2013
Confused wrote:
What is going on with Brent Anderson? Some say he's planning on running for mayor, you would think from the butt whipping he got from David Yarbourgh he would realize that he ain't cut out for politics.
I don't think anyone who ran again David Garcia could beat him, but if Brent Anderson ran against David Yarbourgh again I think he would have a good chance of winning. The only reason he didn't win last time was because him and Packer split many votes. Hopefully District One will realize soon that David Yarbourgh doesn't get anything done.
Really

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#36 Jul 12, 2013
The only reason he didn't win was because he ran around telling everybody how great he was and how he had the race in the bag. David got more than 50% of the votes so your excuse that Packer upset things is off base.

Is he Brent really telling people that he is going to run for mayor or not?
Yep

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#37 Jul 17, 2013
Brent is running... for what I'm not sure

Probably Mayor
Waveland Resident

Fargo, ND

#38 Jul 18, 2013
Someone needs to run against David Garcia. He needs to know that the only reason he won last time was because people voted AGAINST Longo, not because they voted FOR Garcia.
The City of Waveland, Mayor and City Clerk, have unjustly fired employees, an I am not talking about the layoffs.
The City of Waveland has paid the Mayor to read meters, give me a break, why does the Mayor need to perform that task? Don't say it was a way to save money, he wasn't doing it on the weekend or after hours so who was doing the Mayor's job?
Other employees have quit due to the hostile environment at City Hall.
Some departments are cut to less than bare bones while other departments are allowed to have extra fat!
The next 15 months should prove to be very interesting. If changes aren't made at the top, the citizens of Waveland should be ashamed of themselves.
The old flame

Lewisburg, TN

#39 Nov 24, 2015
What do you think about police officer saying he will commit suicide? Do you think you feel comfortable someone with a badge and gun saying he will kill himself protecting you? Need proof of it? All the proof you ever needed on this cop can be found. Him and his girlfriend always git something going in but is that right for guy to carry a gun around saying he will kill himself dnt you think that's wrong and should be fired or placed on leave to look inside that twisted head?
Wavegirl

Lewisburg, TN

#40 Nov 24, 2015
The old flame wrote:
What do you think about police officer saying he will commit suicide? Do you think you feel comfortable someone with a badge and gun saying he will kill himself protecting you? Need proof of it? All the proof you ever needed on this cop can be found. Him and his girlfriend always git something going in but is that right for guy to carry a gun around saying he will kill himself dnt you think that's wrong and should be fired or placed on leave to look inside that twisted head?
I know this to be true said same thing to me one night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pass Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Smooth Talker and User in Long Beach Aug 12 Qzvar 3
looking for old friends (Aug '16) Aug 12 OUR CHILDREN 6
News His church in Mississippi welcomes LGBTQ people... Jul '17 TomInElPaso 5
Thinking of moving (Dec '16) Jun '17 For what it is worth 5
News This postcard from 1941 was made for busy (or l... Jun '17 not much shrimp 1
News Old Coast recipes are treasures, indeed Jun '17 not much shrimp 1
News Ita s fresh vegetables time on the Coast Jun '17 not much shrimp 1

Pass Christian Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pass Christian Mortgages