Who u gonna vote for mayor

Who u gonna vote for mayor

Created by Bay Proud on Mar 10, 2013

1,011 votes

Click on an option to vote

Les "yawn" Fillingane

Jeff "deepend" pool man Harding

Mike "iron fist" Weems

Misty Elliot

United States

#121 Apr 26, 2013
No she att wrote:
Are you telling me Les and Eddie set this up. Les has nothing but a non certified fire chief working for him because she has lunch with her at the snowball stand with Ms Les. As far as volunteer's did you know
that they have as much training as a full time department.
. DID YOU KNOW THAT WE HAVE CONVICTED FELONS WORKING AT THE FIRE DEPARTMENT ???? THAT WE ARE PAYING FOR WITH OUR TAX DOLLARS!!!!!!! Thought that the fire department consisted of men and women of HONOR,,,, NOT second chances!
Misty Elliot

United States

#122 Apr 26, 2013
Is that so wrote:
Les has run the city into the ground. Mike lost to Les and is a nothing but a jock looking for a job and Hardin is from the outside and has no ties to our city. What do we do?
What has Les proven???? Read the facts .
Misty Elliot

United States

#123 Apr 26, 2013
If I call 911 do you mean to tell me that I am going to have a convicted felon report to my home in Bay St. Louis?? This disturbs me and should disturb other hard working citizens of Bay St. Louis that have worked so hard. These are the type of employes Les has on his payroll!!! The fact!
Enough

Pearl, MS

#124 Apr 26, 2013
Ward 6 too wrote:
<quoted text>
Check some facts. One of them was hired by BSL. And you are right, my insurance rates did go down a little. But the tax hike more than made up for that. So yes we were better off under the county.
Enough bashing the BSLFD! I'm a firefighter and I find it very offensive what I'm reading. I train everyday at work and my off days to become better at my career. I don't it for the hell of it, I do it for YOU,every citizen and my partner next to me. I'm sorry you feel you are better off with the county as your FD, but that's just going to make me train and sweat harder. Because the last thing I want is for you are anyone else to think you are not safe when it comes to needing our service. Please keep the negative comments to yourself about the people who might go into a burning home or sticky situation and never return to their family, wife/husband, or kids. Again sorry for your feelings and please practice fire safety with your friends and family, it can save a life.
Lol

Pearl, MS

#125 Apr 26, 2013
Misty Elliot wrote:
If I call 911 do you mean to tell me that I am going to have a convicted felon report to my home in Bay St. Louis?? This disturbs me and should disturb other hard working citizens of Bay St. Louis that have worked so hard. These are the type of employes Les has on his payroll!!! The fact!
change your name before you respond to your post
firedog

Ridgeland, MS

#126 Apr 26, 2013
Enough wrote:
<quoted text> Enough bashing the BSLFD! I'm a firefighter and I find it very offensive what I'm reading. I train everyday at work and my off days to become better at my career. I don't it for the hell of it, I do it for YOU,every citizen and my partner next to me. I'm sorry you feel you are better off with the county as your FD, but that's just going to make me train and sweat harder. Because the last thing I want is for you are anyone else to think you are not safe when it comes to needing our service. Please keep the negative comments to yourself about the people who might go into a burning home or sticky situation and never return to their family, wife/husband, or kids. Again sorry for your feelings and please practice fire safety with your friends and family, it can save a life.
is this the convicted felon responding? If it isn't then you misunderstood the post,,, it was addressed to the convicted felon who did thier hard training while living in cell block 9!!!!
Misty Elliot

United States

#127 Apr 26, 2013
Mad Mike wrote:
Ahhh, people are starting to meet the Real MW! He has been that way all of his life!
. Education and compassion I guess frighten some people, if that's what you mean. Education and knowledge are tools of power to overcome ignorance,
Enough

Pearl, MS

#128 Apr 26, 2013
firedog wrote:
<quoted text> is this the convicted felon responding? If it isn't then you misunderstood the post,,, it was addressed to the convicted felon who did thier hard training while living in cell block 9!!!!
What are you talking about. I was responding to the person saying they were better off with the county protection.
All talk

Pearl, MS

#129 Apr 26, 2013
firedog wrote:
<quoted text> is this the convicted felon responding? If it isn't then you misunderstood the post,,, it was addressed to the convicted felon who did thier hard training while living in cell block 9!!!!
put Bsl behind you man! Concentrate on where you are now. Not where you were
get a clue

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#130 Apr 26, 2013
saw it with my eyes wrote:
I have heard Harding has been looking for properties over in the Pass. He's already to move when he loses
as I saw him last night riding in his Realtor friends car down Beach near the bridge. Funny I have looked for all these properties that he owns, and they are in strange corporate names or a grandmothers name.
Food for thought.
Find a new hobby stalker
Ward 6 too

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#131 Apr 26, 2013
Enough wrote:
<quoted text> Enough bashing the BSLFD! I'm a firefighter and I find it very offensive what I'm reading. I train everyday at work and my off days to become better at my career. I don't it for the hell of it, I do it for YOU,every citizen and my partner next to me. I'm sorry you feel you are better off with the county as your FD, but that's just going to make me train and sweat harder. Because the last thing I want is for you are anyone else to think you are not safe when it comes to needing our service. Please keep the negative comments to yourself about the people who might go into a burning home or sticky situation and never return to their family, wife/husband, or kids. Again sorry for your feelings and please practice fire safety with your friends and family, it can save a life.
If you misconstrued my statement as bashing the fire department I'm sorry you're so narrow minded. I do think the Bay Fire Department is doing a good job; however, the tax hike that was shoved down my throat when annexation was forced on me caused me to pay more than I was paying before thereby nullifying the discount on insurance. As for for you not "doing it for the hell of it", neither did the men and women who volunteered over on Chapman Rd. I think the name says it all VOLUNTEER.....Not a dime? At least you get a check for your service.
Watching

Chalmette, LA

#132 Apr 26, 2013
Damn! If you have a sticking point with a convicted felon, then address that situation only. Don't bring the whole kit and kaboodle of politics with the Bay FD. We recently had an emergency and the guys that came out., four of them to be exact, were all professional. Now, I don't know a soul in the Fire Dept or Police Dept but I was impressed with the professionalism displayed. To be honest, I would not have given a rat's ass what their history is/was! I am an old man but a grateful one at that.
Enough

Gulfport, MS

#133 Apr 26, 2013
Ward 6 too wrote:
<quoted text>
If you misconstrued my statement as bashing the fire department I'm sorry you're so narrow minded. I do think the Bay Fire Department is doing a good job; however, the tax hike that was shoved down my throat when annexation was forced on me caused me to pay more than I was paying before thereby nullifying the discount on insurance. As for for you not "doing it for the hell of it", neither did the men and women who volunteered over on Chapman Rd. I think the name says it all VOLUNTEER.....Not a dime? At least you get a check for your service.
volunteer or paid we are all the same we do it because we care for you(more than half of us at the dept. are volunteers also). We choose it as a everyday job because we can't get enough of it. But thank you for the compliment of us doing a good job. It means a lot. Feel free to come by one of our stations anytime to take a tour, learn about our operations, or just to meet us. We have 3 shifts so there is someone there 24/7.
Watching

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#134 Apr 26, 2013
Soccer Mom For Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like a voice of experiance and guilt.What you call a temper others call passion,but you are right about one thing ,no one likes a dirty election.Sounds like "big brother" may help prevent that this year.
Don't be fooled. "Passionate" people do not flip one of the kids off while passing her. It's arrogance. "Passionate" people do not make a scene in from of a church regarding being asked to move a political sign from the entrance of a fundraiser. "Passionate" people don't knock on your doors and grill you about your business. If his "Passions" are constantly miscontrued for arrogance, then his days in politics are numbered.
Watching

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#135 Apr 26, 2013
firedog wrote:
<quoted text> is this the convicted felon responding? If it isn't then you misunderstood the post,,, it was addressed to the convicted felon who did thier hard training while living in cell block 9!!!!
I'm sure that was the fire chief responding. If not, then it was someone who doesn't like anyone messing with their people, and rightly so. If you come after my people, I would make a cornered rattlesnake look lame.
Watching

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#136 Apr 26, 2013
Misty Elliot wrote:
<quoted text> What has Les proven???? Read the facts .
Do you like, live in an underground bunker? Have you seen just the landscaping that has been done to the city? Not just downtown, but all up and down the highway, parks, etc.. and that's just the beautification dept. We see it. It's amazing. I know alot of you are hard on the beautification dept but I am loving how welcoming and clean the city looks! btw, Bay St. Louis got selected for the Coolest Small Town. Believe me, we wouldn't have made it if it looked like it did before!
Dreamscapes

Gulfport, MS

#137 Apr 27, 2013
These people who say Les hasn't done anything for the city are not blind, they arent ignorant of the great things he's done, they see the things HE has done to improve the city - they DO see & know these things...but they are campaigning for their candidate. And just like last time---instead of telling WHAT their candidate can do, HOW they will do it, what their candidates PLAN is, they only promote their candidate by telling lies, spreading rumors and attacking people who arent involved in anyone's politics. They did it last time, they're doing it again and they'll do it the next time. Don't get yourselves so worked up about it...they prove time and again that the only thing they have to offer is 100% negative-- gossip, dirt, personal attacks, attacks on employees, attacks on family of candidates --and here again they offer nothing to voters except fantasies about what they would miraculously make happen if they were the mayor or council - not HOW they would make it happen, just that they will make it happen. Chill out folks, this is just a re-run of the last time...the results will be the same, so keep your cool and have a good laugh.
goBlo

Gulfport, MS

#138 Apr 27, 2013
couldnt say it better. After hearing Lonnie on radio and at forum and after listening to the other candidates anyone would have to vote for fillingame. Like you said all they have to say to us is what they want not how they can make it happen. They act like they are the first people to try to get a grant for something. They want Shoreline Swamp to not flood. Ha ha like thats even possible. Then one day lonnie bashes city workers then he gets on radio and acts like they are just great. I guess he figured out that some ofthem vote.and he shouldnt treat them with disrespect. They bash beautification but the bay is clean and pretty. Our police are great finally. these candidates need to wake up. I wouldnt vote for a candidate that uses dirty politics anyway no matter who they are.
Ward 6 Lifer

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#139 Apr 27, 2013
I was at three forums and two Ward 6 meetings. Never met Mr. Falgout before. Never once heard him talk bad about any city workers. He told us (11) that his son is a first responder and police and fire protection was his #1 priority, along with city services and insurance. He also handed and showed us a plan. Until I see a plan from the city, our family will vote for him. We called him and he came to us the next day, listened and took notes and been back to give us written info. That's all we asked. We all still wish we were county. Please folks, invite these people who want to help to your home or neighborhood and look them in the eye. Lets be facts friendly not words mean. Thank you for listening.
that will make BSL better not bashing.
wee hah watch out

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#140 Apr 27, 2013
Gotta say this I saw the poolman and about 50 plus people in the library meeting room, I thought he was sleeping at the switch. Wow He maybe planning an attack I had no clue about!!! He maybe in the same position he was in last election. Only a few signs and. Oh dang people may like him..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pass Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kiln Music Selection (Aug '12) Dec 24 Musikologist 16
Thinking of moving Dec '16 Arkansas folks 1
News Southern Rail offers funds for rail platforms. ... Dec '16 Trainfoamer 1
Coach Browder (Oct '12) Nov '16 Bobcat 3
News Man dies in motorcycle accident in Waveland Nov '16 Bad Boy 1
News Wanted: BP-funded projects that will last decades Oct '16 Mark fat boy 1
Gulf Grove Apartments, Waveland, Mississippi (Apr '12) Oct '16 Dissatisfied 46

Pass Christian Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pass Christian Mortgages