1,011 votes

Click on an option to vote

Les "yawn" Fillingane

Jeff "deepend" pool man Harding

Mike "iron fist" Weems

know it all

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#101 Apr 23, 2013
Bet the new hotel going in across from that little place has handicap access on the sidewalk and a dumpster. And by the way forreal City Council meetings are taped so all will not forget who said what. Lets play the tape and see if Boudin is full of it or Les is again lying. This is the kind of stuff several candidates spoke of we need professionals working in building and planning. And if Les's quote is correct its not his decision its up to the counsel.
know it all

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#102 Apr 23, 2013
Brother wrote:
<quoted text> what is 52blew supposed to mean?? Some kind of secret code??? Yall are crazy and can't type 4sh1t.
Clearly you haven't watched enough comedy on TV I got it
Hey dude lets 52skidoo. Hey man lets 52blew. Its just a silly slang saying I'm outta hear.
Brother

Gulfport, MS

#103 Apr 23, 2013
know it all wrote:
<quoted text> Clearly you haven't watched enough comedy on TV I got it
Hey dude lets 52skidoo. Hey man lets 52blew. Its just a silly slang saying I'm outta hear.
Clearly you do have it, and I'm not up to date on such classy and informative entertainment. It is much more clear where you are coming from.
littleBrother

Gulfport, MS

#104 Apr 23, 2013
There's yer sign!! Information & influences from sources like tv comedy. No wonder people here are so ridiculous.
Confused

Byram, MS

#105 Apr 23, 2013
know it all wrote:
Bet the new hotel going in across from that little place has handicap access on the sidewalk and a dumpster. And by the way forreal City Council meetings are taped so all will not forget who said what. Lets play the tape and see if Boudin is full of it or Les is again lying. This is the kind of stuff several candidates spoke of we need professionals working in building and planning. And if Les's quote is correct its not his decision its up to the counsel.
Finally! Someone said something that makes some sense. The council approves or denies EVERYTHING(this includes the harbor that everyone pins on the mayor).
Brother

Gulfport, MS

#106 Apr 23, 2013
know it all wrote:
I bet if the hotel does its because it was designed ,permitted or applied for or whatever, not just cut out out of the existing sidewalk because they felt like it. Playing tapes? Dont you ever get tired of making fools of yourselves?? Guess not. I hear Mr Lonnie has quite a bomb to drop about his evidence about annexation with the fire department!!! Wonder what that is??? At least he tries to get his info straight!
Sara J

Canton, MS

#107 Apr 23, 2013
Brother wrote:
<quoted text> I bet if the hotel does its because it was designed ,permitted or applied for or whatever, not just cut out out of the existing sidewalk because they felt like it. Playing tapes? Dont you ever get tired of making fools of yourselves?? Guess not. I hear Mr Lonnie has quite a bomb to drop about his evidence about annexation with the fire department!!! Wonder what that is??? At least he tries to get his info straight!
I live in ward 6 and I would like to know about Lonnie's findings. Do you have any clue what it is?
Same Old

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#108 Apr 23, 2013
Soccer Mom For Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Just say 10 Hale Mary's and he will forgive you!
Apparently, you've been chanting too many Hail Mike's to even understand yourself.
Oh I see

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#109 Apr 24, 2013
Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally! Someone said something that makes some sense. The council approves or denies EVERYTHING(this includes the harbor that everyone pins on the mayor).
Yes they do but its like a seeing eye dog leading a few blind people. What Les says his rubber stamps do,
have you ever noticed the Left side always watches Les for the nod
on what to do.
Ward 6 er

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#110 Apr 24, 2013
No and after talking to Lonnie I do not beleive he has a clue. He tells everyone our ward is a shambles, rats dogs, snakes, mosquitoes, trash every were, and roads worse then New Orleans, abandoned houses, broke down cars, no fire protection. First of all we do not live in a cesspool, our houses are nice out property is well maintained, our neighbors are not thugs, or druggies. Sure there are animals but at least ours are on four legs not the two legged kind that live in other areas of our city. Abandoned houses are being taken care of, our roads I have watched the city crew daily putting gravel down to build the roadway up and keeping it graded. It takes time but they are 100 times better then the county kept them. We have a new firehouse with trucks and real live fire people, if you go by and visit them you will be treated like you were royalty, I am very proud of everyone of them with their dedication to protecting us. I am retired and work around the house almost everyday and you know I see one of our police cars driving through everyday several times a day. I can tell you the face of that department has changed in the past few years, they stop talk to you , wave when they see you, everyone out here are happy to have them they are a blessing.( one thing if you invite them in for tea or coffee watch out for the big one he can really eat) We are not the redheaded step children people say and they say that because they are trying to win favor with the voters on how they will change all that for the ward 6. I have a councilman that cares about us, you know who that is, RAY RAY. So in closing yes we have a lovely place to live if the bugs are too much try a bug light or move back to the New Orleans. We are a part of Bay St Louis and add to its glamor. One more thing if Lonnie is so unhappy why don't he move out. Yes there are improvements that are taking place but it takes time and sometimes progress can ruin a beautiful thing, and we have it out here.
Sara J wrote:
<quoted text> I live in ward 6 and I would like to know about Lonnie's findings. Do you have any clue what it is?
What

Jackson, MS

#111 Apr 24, 2013
I'll vote for the candidate that doesn't use the letter U to replace the word you.
Soccer Mom For Mike

Gautier, MS

#112 Apr 24, 2013
Same Old wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, you've been chanting too many Hail Mike's to even understand yourself.
Your name says it all "same old" thanx!
Ward 6 too

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#113 Apr 24, 2013
Ward 6 er wrote:
No and after talking to Lonnie I do not beleive he has a clue. He tells everyone our ward is a shambles, rats dogs, snakes, mosquitoes, trash every were, and roads worse then New Orleans, abandoned houses, broke down cars, no fire protection. First of all we do not live in a cesspool, our houses are nice out property is well maintained, our neighbors are not thugs, or druggies. Sure there are animals but at least ours are on four legs not the two legged kind that live in other areas of our city. Abandoned houses are being taken care of, our roads I have watched the city crew daily putting gravel down to build the roadway up and keeping it graded. It takes time but they are 100 times better then the county kept them. We have a new firehouse with trucks and real live fire people, if you go by and visit them you will be treated like you were royalty, I am very proud of everyone of them with their dedication to protecting us. I am retired and work around the house almost everyday and you know I see one of our police cars driving through everyday several times a day. I can tell you the face of that department has changed in the past few years, they stop talk to you , wave when they see you, everyone out here are happy to have them they are a blessing.( one thing if you invite them in for tea or coffee watch out for the big one he can really eat) We are not the redheaded step children people say and they say that because they are trying to win favor with the voters on how they will change all that for the ward 6. I have a councilman that cares about us, you know who that is, RAY RAY. So in closing yes we have a lovely place to live if the bugs are too much try a bug light or move back to the New Orleans. We are a part of Bay St Louis and add to its glamor. One more thing if Lonnie is so unhappy why don't he move out. Yes there are improvements that are taking place but it takes time and sometimes progress can ruin a beautiful thing, and we have it out here. <quoted text>
What you seem to forget is the fire department was like that before annexation, but it was volunteer and they did just as good a job. That brand new fire station. It was the volunteer department that started building it, BSL simply took it over with the annexation. With the FD, the city ain't all the peaches and cream you think it is...At least with the volunteers we had lower taxes and a decent fire rating.
Fyre

Gulfport, MS

#114 Apr 24, 2013
Ward 6 too wrote:
<quoted text>
What you seem to forget is the fire department was like that before annexation, but it was volunteer and they did just as good a job. That brand new fire station. It was the volunteer department that started building it, BSL simply took it over with the annexation. With the FD, the city ain't all the peaches and cream you think it is...At least with the volunteers we had lower taxes and a decent fire rating.
LOL!! Now here you go just lyin away. You did NOT have lower taxes and fire rating. Tell that lie in wisconsin or florida where they wouldn't know any better. The volunteer department contributed around 150K of those taxpayers money towards that station...the rest (a million maybe?) came from grant money that Fillingame and Farve secured for that station. So NO, the bay didn't "simply" take it over...they built it with a little of ward 5 & 6 money and a LOT of grant money. They staff it with professionally trained firemen, they pay those firemen's salaries twice a month, they pay to keep the equipment running and ready to come to your house for emergencies..in other words the people of bay st louis pay taxes, and get this in return + lower insurance rates (even tho Loonie tells people otherwise). So If you're going to talk about something at least get your facts straight. Its all a matter of record with FEMA, the State and the CDBG...for ANYONE to verify. While you're spinning your lies, go tell the firemen there that the volunteer department was better.....quicker, better trained, faster to get to a call, better equipment. Not to disrespect the volunteers but facts are facts. Please, do go tell them that and get back to us here. thank you.
No she att

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#115 Apr 24, 2013
Are you telling me Les and Eddie set this up. Les has nothing but a non certified fire chief working for him because she has lunch with her at the snowball stand with Ms Les. As far as volunteer's did you know
that they have as much training as a full time department.
Jarod

Gulfport, MS

#116 Apr 24, 2013
No she att wrote:
Are you telling me Les and Eddie set this up. Les has nothing but a non certified fire chief working for him because she has lunch with her at the snowball stand with Ms Les. As far as volunteer's did you know
that they have as much training as a full time department.
As far as you go did you know that you don't make any sense?
Wad 6 r

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#117 Apr 25, 2013
I am sorry you are right we had fire protection from the volunteers and yes they did a great job and we appreciated them very much, and some of them were hired by the bay fire department. But our fire rating under the county was a 8 under the city it is a 5. I don't think it is all peaches and cream but I do feel like we are getting better, we all have to come together and continue to work for our ward.
Ward 6 too wrote:
<quoted text>
Ward 6 too

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#118 Apr 26, 2013
Wad 6 r wrote:
I am sorry you are right we had fire protection from the volunteers and yes they did a great job and we appreciated them very much, and some of them were hired by the bay fire department. But our fire rating under the county was a 8 under the city it is a 5. I don't think it is all peaches and cream but I do feel like we are getting better, we all have to come together and continue to work for our ward. <quoted text>
Check some facts. One of them was hired by BSL. And you are right, my insurance rates did go down a little. But the tax hike more than made up for that. So yes we were better off under the county.
saw it with my eyes

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#119 Apr 26, 2013
I have heard Harding has been looking for properties over in the Pass. He's already to move when he loses
as I saw him last night riding in his Realtor friends car down Beach near the bridge. Funny I have looked for all these properties that he owns, and they are in strange corporate names or a grandmothers name.
Food for thought.
Misty Elliot

United States

#120 Apr 26, 2013
What kind of education does Les have????? When has he ever told the truth???? Really people of Bay St. Louis haven't we suffered enough??????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pass Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking lawn care service provider. Jul 19 calebregan 1
News Two local men murdered Jul 19 YourBrother 1
Diamondhead POA is stealing people's right to vote Jul 8 Pay4urowngolf 1
Over 10,000 FEMA trailers (full-size) in Hope. ... (Feb '06) Jun 28 Bruce 124
Looking for George & Nikki Landry Jun 28 C E Lowe 2
News Bay cited for public records delay (Jul '15) Jun 24 BTPFTP 4
News Suspect in shootout with deputies facing new fe... Jun '16 nicole 1

Pass Christian Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance