1,011 votes

Click on an option to vote

Les "yawn" Fillingane

Jeff "deepend" pool man Harding

Mike "iron fist" Weems

Holly poop

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#61 Apr 19, 2013
I am glad I am not alone on that. It seems that this debate was staged or mabey I am just thinking the conspiracy theory. It amazes me how good Weems is ( must be his education) I walked in and read the infomation he had on his table, I saw a board containing four topics, Taxes, Education ,Marina, and How government should work. Each topic had what I think were his views on the topics. Now the alliance for good governemnt put the debate together, when the speaker began to read the format I that was supose to be presented to each canidate that evening I could not help but to notice when she started reading each of Weems boards were in that exact format with answers, simply amazing. Even if now I say if he got the topics before you would think he would be able to answer them. Seems like someone didn't study. Then again that could be a fulke and he is so smart he can predict what the topics were going to be. Anyway the council at large just say there like in the other debate and echoed everything the other said. I would like to see two things happen before the election, first the council member hopefuls have their oun debate with out the mayor hopefuls. We canlearn more about them, secind have Weems and Filingame meet for a debate one on one and each of them ask the other questions and see how they respond. That would be very intrestering. And Harding was a little disapointing I am hoping he is just playing possumn till 8 May, I am really counting on him to win.
Haha wrote:
I must have attended a different event! Actually Mr. Harding stated the city had borrowed money in December. Mayor Fillingame informed him that the city had not borrowed money but used money from the reserve. Mayor Fillingame then gave Mr. Harding a vocabulary lesson pertaining to borrow vs use of reserve. This resulted in a standing ovation for Mayor Fillingame.! As to the school consolidation, Mr,. Weems stated he would consider consolidation of ALL services, so as to only have one of everything including Mayor. Mayor Fillingame stated he feels recent increases in test scores, graduation rates and overall student achievements reflect the leadership the superintendent brings to the district. He then stated our children are our future and are worth the investment in obtaining top notch leaders for our school district. Guess what the audience reply was? You got it, another standing ovation! Oh by the way the debate was recorded and I'm sure will be available for viewing.
u gotta admit

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#62 Apr 19, 2013
Mr.Jeff Isn't afraid to say it the way it is. I think he knows what to say, and I believe the fact that he is waiting to come fully out on the stage.
Iv'e understood that he doesn't want to interfere with the true process. Yes I do support him, so I'm sure this post will be challenged, and I too hope he's playing possum. Oh by the way if you take something from somewhere and replace it later definition is borrow. WEBSTERS--(borrow) to take or receive something with the intention of replacing.
So much for your lesson of definitions.
GETreal

Vancleave, MS

#63 Apr 19, 2013
Every candidate had their opportunity last night- in a public forum, probably for the last time before the election- to tell the voters WHAT they would do to improve BSL and HOW they would do it. They all had their opening statement, closing statement and some opportunity in between. Neither weems or harding took the opportunity, apparently because they don't have a plan. Heck, none of them even wanted to take the damn mic when Fillingame kept trying to hand it to them...the opportunities were their for them to put it on the table and out to the public and they failed. These guys are a joke. Fillingame is a class act, period. Poor Weems doesn't even know what a mil is and Harding knows less than that. The two of them together can't explain a budget, taxes, the city's projects, fire protection, bid processes and the list grows larger about what they don't know every time they are asked a question. As far as borrowing money Mr Harding...if you'd bothered to attend the council meeting you would have heard your buddy Boudin explain about this money you seem to be so concerned about and again have no clue. Ya'll can play with words and definitions all you want, but when I transfer money from my savings account to my checking account, I'm not "borrowing money". I 'borrow' money when I go to the bank and make a loan. I 'transfer' money from my savings to checking...and if I don't need it I transfer it back. I thought Mr. Boudin did a simple enough job explaining that one tuesday night, and I hope that's a simple enough "definition" for you...heck, my 11 year old understands it well enough! But, I think you understand it just fine...you're upset because you thought you "had" the mayor on something to show that the city is "broke" and he's not doing his job. Here again, you failed miserably and made yourselves look so incompetent in the process (like always). You guys can't hold a candle to Les' knowledge or ability..the best way for you to get votes is to keep your mouths shut-honestly, that's my advice to harding and weems both. Lonnie would do well to take that advice also. You people have had years, at least 4, to educate yourselves on how the city operates, state laws, council responsibilities...yet you obviously either didn't care enough to learn or youre too ignorant to retain it. Taking notes from what Les says in a council meeting and then trying to repeat it just don't cut it Mike....and yes, people do notice that kind of thing! Jeff should have at least tried to take notes, but then again you'd have to be there to do that. Ya'll are too foolish to realize that people actually feel sorry for how poorly you present yourself and how little you know, but trust me they don't feel sorry enough for you to give you a sympathy vote. I'll say one thing though...you can't pay for this kind of entertainment! Honestly though, I will admit it was sad to see people actually laughing at the ignorance on display last night from these people who just want to be in charge of something.
Rah Rah

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#64 Apr 20, 2013
GETreal wrote:
Every candidate had their opportunity last night- in a public forum, probably for the last time before the election- to tell the voters WHAT they would do to improve BSL and HOW they would do it. They all had their opening statement, closing statement and some opportunity in between. Neither weems or harding took the opportunity, apparently because they don't have a plan. Heck, none of them even wanted to take the damn mic when Fillingame kept trying to hand it to them...the opportunities were their for them to put it on the table and out to the public and they failed. These guys are a joke. Fillingame is a class act, period. Poor Weems doesn't even know what a mil is and Harding knows less than that. The two of them together can't explain a budget, taxes, the city's projects, fire protection, bid processes and the list grows larger about what they don't know every time they are asked a question. As far as borrowing money Mr Harding...if you'd bothered to attend the council meeting you would have heard your buddy Boudin explain about this money you seem to be so concerned about and again have no clue. Ya'll can play with words and definitions all you want, but when I transfer money from my savings account to my checking account, I'm not "borrowing money". I 'borrow' money when I go to the bank and make a loan. I 'transfer' money from my savings to checking...and if I don't need it I transfer it back. I thought Mr. Boudin did a simple enough job explaining that one tuesday night, and I hope that's a simple enough "definition" for you...heck, my 11 year old understands it well enough! But, I think you understand it just fine...you're upset because you thought you "had" the mayor on something to show that the city is "broke" and he's not doing his job. Here again, you failed miserably and made yourselves look so incompetent in the process (like always). You guys can't hold a candle to Les' knowledge or ability..the best way for you to get votes is to keep your mouths shut-honestly, that's my advice to harding and weems both. Lonnie would do well to take that advice also. You people have had years, at least 4, to educate yourselves on how the city operates, state laws, council responsibilities...yet you obviously either didn't care enough to learn or youre too ignorant to retain it. Taking notes from what Les says in a council meeting and then trying to repeat it just don't cut it Mike....and yes, people do notice that kind of thing! Jeff should have at least tried to take notes, but then again you'd have to be there to do that. Ya'll are too foolish to realize that people actually feel sorry for how poorly you present yourself and how little you know, but trust me they don't feel sorry enough for you to give you a sympathy vote. I'll say one thing though...you can't pay for this kind of entertainment! Honestly though, I will admit it was sad to see people actually laughing at the ignorance on display last night from these people who just want to be in charge of something.
Who's your daddy?
told ya so

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#65 Apr 20, 2013
Fight to keep your easy street job.
Brownsugar

Biloxi, MS

#66 Apr 20, 2013
GETreal wrote:
Most of us manage money well enough not to borrow from our other funds ..i mean savings.. which is saved for another ..project..i mean reason.
Confused

Jackson, MS

#67 Apr 20, 2013
Some people are never happy. Waveland had huge lay offs. I don't know about Gulfport but I remember them talking about closing a fire station and making some cuts( don't know if they did or not). So if the mayor was that bad with money the city would not still be thriving after four years. I will not say that he is perfect because nobody is. But given our choices I would say he is the closest to being perfect. He is more educated on every aspect of running a city than the other candidates. Go ahead and slam this post because I know everyone will but there is only one choice for mayor. The debates have been a joke and I fear that is a sign of what's to come if the wrong candidate is elected
R U sure

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#68 Apr 20, 2013
Get real, Les ran a video store into the ground with Jerry in charge, didn't he also run a insurance/brokerage scam into the ground and file bankruptcy? Go get a copy of the cities financial's bet you'll change your mind. Even Les at the last forum said 2 plus million of the last years budget is from GRANTS!!! One time grants. Hey wait doesn't Jerry work under Les today? Isn't that nice!!!
Confused

Jackson, MS

#69 Apr 20, 2013
Run into the ground just like he has the city? Is that why there has been no lay offs or cut backs? Everyone says he is throwing money away with the marina and that someone new needs to step in and shut it down. Well guess what....the new mayor would get the same vote as les does(which is none for you people that don't know). How many council members are not even challenged? 5 maybe(not sure) but I that is the case then that is majority vote so it still would have happened.
And since you want to bash les so bad lets y'all about the other candidates for a minute. One says leadership we deserve. He couldn't hold his job with two school systems. Let me guess he left willingly right? Don't know a whole lot about the other but he seems to have a successful business. Don't know how long he has been in business but it seems if you want to slam past experience then there is only one option(according to your bogus stories).
If you have proof of your accusations I would love to meet and see for myself but until then you people are are just grabbing for anything. So tell me what proof you got and i will be a believer but until then the people on here are BIG ASS LIARS
Ignant

Vancleave, MS

#70 Apr 20, 2013
R U sure wrote:
Get real, Les ran a video store into the ground with Jerry in charge, didn't he also run a insurance/brokerage scam into the ground and file bankruptcy? Go get a copy of the cities financial's bet you'll change your mind. Even Les at the last forum said 2 plus million of the last years budget is from GRANTS!!! One time grants. Hey wait doesn't Jerry work under Les today? Isn't that nice!!!
LOL!!! This shows exactly how much you know about GRANTS and the budget. You guys keep talking, you keep showing the voters who haven't made up their mind who they should vote for. How 'bout explaining that 'mil' to us while youre at it. Bet youre upset cause they spent all that grant money in one place too! lol (Oh, and you DO have to show your grant money in your budget, just sayin', since you seem to be confused about how that works too!
StaleSugah

Vancleave, MS

#71 Apr 20, 2013
Brownsugar wrote:
<quoted text> Most of us manage money well enough not to borrow from our other funds ..i mean savings.. which is saved for another ..project..i mean reason.
Now here you go about "borrowing" again. Good to hear you've never had to transfer money from a savings to a checking (maybe you don't manage your money well enough to have a savings account...fortunately Les does, and the city has a "savings" (reserve) account for the first time EVER (that would be the account money was taken from to pay for the Hurricane Issac clean up by the way, until FEMA reimburses the city...not for payroll or other "bills"). Here's a tip for your civic lesson for tonight: Cities regularly move money from one account to the other, often when they adjust their budget mid-year...a quite common and necessary action. But, you'd have to be familiar with city government to know that and obviously you people aren't. Truth be told though, it's the only thing you can (try to) harp on, because you can't come up with anything valid (much less factual) to "catch" Les on. This blog is just like the forums...great entertainment and a testament to the ignorance of the "wanna-be's".
GETreal

Vancleave, MS

#72 Apr 20, 2013
Rah Rah wrote:
<quoted text>Who's your daddy?
Come now...the "daddy" obsession again?? To answer your question though, my father has been dead for 25+ years. Do ya'll really think that Les' family is the only people who know what's happening in the city, know municipal law and functions, know what the hell a budget is?? Your narcissism is surpassed only by your ignorance. But I do get a kick out of your posts though...;)
NoMic

Vancleave, MS

#73 Apr 20, 2013
getreal..that's Jeff "I don't want the mic this isn't my race" harding with the 'daddy' comments.
MIB

Vancleave, MS

#74 Apr 20, 2013
I think harding and weems are aliens, like men in black.
are you sure

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#75 Apr 21, 2013
NoMic wrote:
getreal..that's Jeff "I don't want the mic this isn't my race" harding with the 'daddy' comments.
One should be very careful when making comments if you have no real proof. I asked Jeff if he had anything to do with the posts, and was told "FAMILY IS OFF LIMITS". He also told me he spoke with Les after a nasty comment about a family member and assured him it was not him.
So lets all take the advise "FAMILY MEMBERS ARE OFF LIMITS"!
are you sure

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#76 Apr 21, 2013
And let me go on to say, find a Church today take your family,call a friend lets keep the hate off this page today Sunday, the day is to valuable.
really

Biloxi, MS

#77 Apr 22, 2013
are you sure wrote:
<quoted text>
One should be very careful when making comments if you have no real proof. I asked Jeff if he had anything to do with the posts, and was told "FAMILY IS OFF LIMITS". He also told me he spoke with Les after a nasty comment about a family member and assured him it was not him.
So lets all take the advise "FAMILY MEMBERS ARE OFF LIMITS"!
he may be doing the back stroke now, for i have heard the poolboy myself on a certain radio show-doing his bashing of family member-think anyone recorded him?
Consolidte What

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#78 Apr 22, 2013
last debate it appears the narrator attempted to steer Weems into saying he was in favor of consolidating school districts He said he would be in favor of looking into and have a public hearing on it I am not sure of the exact words but they were close to that. I viewed the taping of the debate again Whenever Weems talks to anyone he has that look and sound of we are all doomed the city is broke and we will fail.which by the way we are not that found by checking public records why would he make the comment he wants to consolidate all services between us and another he didn't say waveland but I figure that is it and have one mayor and one of each departments. I am confused on that why preach we are broke and then want to combine services with a city that has more debt and more work that needs to be done wouldn't that cause to really go broke? I really do not want to merge with waveland they are their own city and we are ours
GETreal wrote:
Brownsugar

Gulfport, MS

#79 Apr 22, 2013
StaleSugah wrote:
<quoted text>Now here you go about "borrowing" again. Good to hear you've never had to transfer money from a savings to a checking (maybe you don't manage your money well enough to have a savings account...fortunately Les does, and the city has a "savings" (reserve) account for the first time EVER (that would be the account money was taken from to pay for the Hurricane Issac clean up by the way, until FEMA reimburses the city...not for payroll or other "bills"). Here's a tip for your civic lesson for tonight: Cities regularly move money from one account to the other, often when they adjust their budget mid-year...a quite common and necessary action. But, you'd have to be familiar with city government to know that and obviously you people aren't. Truth be told though, it's the only thing you can (try to) harp on, because you can't come up with anything valid (much less factual) to "catch" Les on. This blog is just like the forums...great entertainment and a testament to the ignorance of the "wanna-be's".
Yes I have transfered monies before.But never to pay for something i could not afford at that time and replace the monies later.to transfer money from one account to another with the intention of replacing the money later by definition is borrow thenk you .
Be Careful

Gulfport, MS

#80 Apr 22, 2013
A grocery store owner votes absentee under his sons name.Can't wait to watch'um get the "cuffs" put on cause the crooked stuff want work this time. Big Brother Watching!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pass Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kiln Music Selection (Aug '12) Aug 28 Musikologist 13
Hit and Run Aug 23 cpel 1
Snitches 607 cutaway Aug 23 stephi35 4
sugar daddy (Jun '12) Aug 23 stephi35 4
fkbuddysonly Aug 14 longdong 1
News One dead, two hospitilized after car hits house... Aug 12 Second admendent 3
Review: Deano Elise Epperson Aug 9 msgrl 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pass Christian Mortgages