Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

I hope Les ets relected. Maybe he will get the council to approve his plan to hire Mexicans to cut labor cost.That bunch drawing city checks now are almost worthless.they have that " i can't be fired attitude" thus there is little production from them, at least a Mexican wiil work .
Bay Voter

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Les came by my house last weekand wanted my vote for mayor,i told him iwould consider it and vote accordingly and he went a biit further to ask forme to vote for greg farve and ray kidd whats up with that?
Bay Voter

Bay Saint Louis, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

no tickets wrote:
Tell that to the guy on his golf cart riding a Main and the beach on second Saturday. Many of us watched
a local beach property owner get ripped on by a Bay officer. Lets hope that car has a dash cam and let it speak for itself. It appeared the officer wasn't
happy and called for back-up as this couple must have looked like escaped convicts in that fancy golf cart.
The entire thing took at least nearly one hour, breath test and all. They drove away with a stack of tickets, how come none of the carts riding around with vote for Les signs didn't get stopped???
That says it all I suppose
I can tell you that it wasn't the short, chubby bald headed cop that usually harrases everybody. The reason that I know this is because he was walking down the side walk drinking a beer. The town does have an open container ordinance. I know it isn't enforced but I don't expect to see that jerk flaunting it.
Weak

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Bay Voter wrote:
Les came by my house last weekand wanted my vote for mayor,i told him iwould consider it and vote accordingly and he went a biit further to ask forme to vote for greg farve and ray kidd whats up with that?
If you are going to come up with rumors I think you can do better than that.
lies lies and more lies

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Bay Voter wrote:
i do not believe that, i campaign for him and again you are spreading lies and more lies...does lying make you feel big-

just saying, while you are spreading your lies, use a dictionary and learn to spell

the only candidate that i know who is asking for people to vote for another candidte is fowlgoot-I am a ward six voter and voting for LES! all the way with LES
huh

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Bay Voter wrote:
you people spend way too much time thinking up gossip
newsflash: Ray Kidd is the only council man running in his ward-
go figure -
O MY

Bay Saint Louis, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

sweetbrown wrote:
I hope Les ets relected. Maybe he will get the council to approve his plan to hire Mexicans to cut labor cost.That bunch drawing city checks now are almost worthless.they have that " i can't be fired attitude" thus there is little production from them, at least a Mexican wiil work .
You must not live in bsl.Let me tell u one thing.The dat after that really bad wind strom the workers of BSL were out early picking up branches and trash all around this city.The very next weekend which was two days away old town looked GREAT for the fest they had.I do not live in BSL but I do work there.You need to get your facts right.Those guys work very hard.Thanks Mr.Mike Lee and guys who do a GREAT job!
Get involved

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

If anyone who posts here would like to be informed properly informed on city politics,it would be an eye opening experience to attend city council and planning and zoning board meetings. Times and dates are available at city hall. Today I witnessed a small business owner being put off (tabled) instead of issuing a business license to him, based on legal jargon supplied by council ( Donald Rafferty) as well as select, close minded, elected officials. This city appears to be totally against manufacturing products within the city limits. The new zoning map affirms that as fact. I do not believe we should put all our eggs in the "gift shop" basket. There used to be opportunities in the bay. Now, there is an attitude that if a business is louder than the sound of a cash register, you are not welcome here. Where are we going here??? If we want certain people out of the bay, I believe it is only fair to be clear and honest about the mission and intentions of our elected officials.
Solar lights

Bay Saint Louis, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

I have figured wrote:
Lets see compare Les Street lights that come from a grant from MDOT prior to Katrina. so that is no cost to city tax payers. Shows up ALL social events that is because he represents the city and cares about it. Is on every board that helps the city. He is more then capable of dealing with the issues managing the city. Planting trees those to were obtained free of charge to the city so what we have to water them. do you forget this city is based on visitors coming in. Continue to support everything that makes the city succeed. Now for Mike I really don't know what has he done you ask him he says it will come out all his accomplishments. Why did he leave the school system here and in lousisana. He complains about his business not making money that's a small restaurant, cant mange that what is he going to do with a large budget. Really no qualifications he plans on removing every department head that should be fun, finance well I hate to say it but we have been moving forward and came back faster than other cities , under Les's management of the city why would I vote to change it. Councilmembers and mayor work together with the cities best intrest in mind. If les deals with the city employees the way your saying then what is the problem have you lost your job, or been passed over for a position. So lets hear from the candiates at the debates, then make our minds up. this might be hard to believe but that's is what I am waiting for. I am sure there is a lot to be brought out and discussed, I want to hear more from both side on hat their plans are and what has taken place so far, I want that before making a decision, this walking and knocking on doors is not really helping them. And their workers behind them need to stop spreading BS, but I guess that's politics, following people harassing them making coments about their families. that does not help anyone decide who to vote for. Its just a little person who does that. I would say play fair but I know better. We have a big decision to make on who is best to lead the city let us make it on facts.
Are all these street lights solar powered? I received a letter recently from Mississippi Power informing me that electricity would soon be increasing by 18%. And who pays MDOT salaries? Taxpayers. Who chose the light fixture that blinds you as you drive? Excellent work
Oh snap

Bay Saint Louis, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

O MY wrote:
<quoted text>You must not live in bsl.Let me tell u one thing.The dat after that really bad wind strom the workers of BSL were out early picking up branches and trash all around this city.The very next weekend which was two days away old town looked GREAT for the fest they had.I do not live in BSL but I do work there.You need to get your facts right.Those guys work very hard.Thanks Mr.Mike Lee and guys who do a GREAT job!
Mike Lee dang a les political hire. Its about time they got out of there trucks and did some work. Wait don't they work under Jimmy? Whats Mike got to do with it? Oh a les lover justifying another paycheck for the city.
Brownsugar

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Oh snap wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike Lee dang a les political hire. Its about time they got out of there trucks and did some work. Wait don't they work under Jimmy? Whats Mike got to do with it? Oh a les lover justifying another paycheck for the city.
I agree.they all have same mentality.They cannot understand the diffinition of political hire.
bodyOFproof

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Brownsugar wrote:
<quoted text>I agree.they all have same mentality.They cannot understand the diffinition of political hire.
They may not understand the diffinition (?) of political hire, but at least Les understands a budget...fire protection...millage...grant funds..the list goes on of what he understands versus what his opponents and their supporters understand. Oh, and I forgot planning and zoning - you folks don't understand that either. Weems, Harding and Falgout and all you folks should really consider taking a "government 101" class or something so you aren't so ignorant of these matters. To the many people who DO know better you sound like such idiots...really. Anyone know why Weems decided to show up at a council meeting last nite? He hasn't had the interest in the last 4 years to attend one. Harding was there, but left...so why that? Guess he wasn't interested enough in the city's business to stay. Says a lot about both of them. At least Falgout goes to the meetings...maybe just to stir up crap, but at least he goes so I have to give him that much. These other candidates have never bothered before now.
hispanic

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

sweetbrown wrote:
Wow! and the racists are on here too! And you want to run this city??? I dare you to walk up to your police, firemen, utility workers and tell them they are worthless and just drawing a check. Guaranteed you won't do it, coward. Next thing you'll be saying Les shouldn't hire black people or women. U people are really something.
GETeducated

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Get involved wrote:
If anyone who posts here would like to be informed properly informed on city politics,it would be an eye opening experience to attend city council and planning and zoning board meetings. Times and dates are available at city hall. Today I witnessed a small business owner being put off (tabled) instead of issuing a business license to him, based on legal jargon supplied by council ( Donald Rafferty) as well as select, close minded, elected officials. This city appears to be totally against manufacturing products within the city limits. The new zoning map affirms that as fact. I do not believe we should put all our eggs in the "gift shop" basket. There used to be opportunities in the bay. Now, there is an attitude that if a business is louder than the sound of a cash register, you are not welcome here. Where are we going here??? If we want certain people out of the bay, I believe it is only fair to be clear and honest about the mission and intentions of our elected officials.
Good point about attending meetings...bad point about "legal jargon". It's called "law" or "ordinance", not "jargon". Your planning and zoning people make those rules and the council approves them, or not. If you don't like the actions of the council you elect, elect them out. In the meantime, the law is the law, an ordinance is an ordinance.
Mary Jane

Bay Saint Louis, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Below-the-belt election ad in the Echo. It's as dirty as they come. Mike's off his rockers getting involved with that Noonan character.
Mad Mike

Splendora, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

I didn't see the paper, what did Old Mad Mike have to smeer about this week?
Brownsugar

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

hispanic wrote:
<quoted text> Wow! and the racists are on here too! And you want to run this city??? I dare you to walk up to your police, firemen, utility workers and tell them they are worthless and just drawing a check. Guaranteed you won't do it, coward. Next thing you'll be saying Les shouldn't hire black people or women. U people are really something.
Has nothing to do with race, you missed the point completely.its was about work ethics, thank you.
Mary Jane

Bay Saint Louis, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Mad Mike wrote:
I didn't see the paper, what did Old Mad Mike have to smeer about this week?
It was urging republicans to vote for Weems in the Democratic primary so "real" and "honest" (or something to that effect) men from the Dem and Rep parties can run against each other. Can't remember the rest. My bird is using the paper at the moment - where it belongs, anyways.
wowww

Bay Saint Louis, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

It was a nut roast at the free hall tonight. It seemed like the good government people wanted to curb the meeting to there plan. The dude in a referees suit wanted to ask questions about the school district, Mike had some answers and they all answered the question " Will you consolidate the school districts?" Les said NO its perfect,Mike said its worth looking a few others for at large said NO, but Hardin never answered the question. Will He? Poolguy did have two people clearly Les supporters try to grill him on the mils. He fired back about the city taking money from a fund. Thought he was full of it until he said" You took the $100,000 from the account on December something and replaced it in March. Les then couldn't answer, changed my entire view on his reason for becoming Mayor. Oh crap did you know our schools pay the chick in charge more then the Governor running our state, and Les appoints 3 of the 5 running the schools, hense his statement "She does a good job for us. Making $125,00 per year!
Haha

Bay Saint Louis, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

I must have attended a different event! Actually Mr. Harding stated the city had borrowed money in December. Mayor Fillingame informed him that the city had not borrowed money but used money from the reserve. Mayor Fillingame then gave Mr. Harding a vocabulary lesson pertaining to borrow vs use of reserve. This resulted in a standing ovation for Mayor Fillingame.! As to the school consolidation, Mr,. Weems stated he would consider consolidation of ALL services, so as to only have one of everything including Mayor. Mayor Fillingame stated he feels recent increases in test scores, graduation rates and overall student achievements reflect the leadership the superintendent brings to the district. He then stated our children are our future and are worth the investment in obtaining top notch leaders for our school district. Guess what the audience reply was? You got it, another standing ovation! Oh by the way the debate was recorded and I'm sure will be available for viewing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pass Christian Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pass Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••