Click on an option to vote

Les "yawn" Fillingane

Jeff "deepend" pool man Harding

Mike "iron fist" Weems

Mr Bill

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#21 Apr 8, 2013
GoFigure wrote:
I think that I can predict the outcome of the Mayoral race in BSL.........The APATHETIC citizens will Re -elect Les. They don't care about what REALLY goes on at City Hall. As long as Les isn't Screwing them over personally or he doesn't have his hand too deep in their pockets THEY DON'T CARE!! They think he's great because he shows up at some Social Events, plants trees and puts up pretty Streetlights in Olde Town!! The fact that he deals with City Employees Dishonestly, Unfairly and Unjustly -is no BIGGIE!!!!
There are number of folks who know this to be true. Why is Les hiding the results Of the Civil Sevice hearing?They had to get their briefs in weeks ago.
I have figured

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#22 Apr 8, 2013
Lets see compare Les Street lights that come from a grant from MDOT prior to Katrina. so that is no cost to city tax payers. Shows up ALL social events that is because he represents the city and cares about it. Is on every board that helps the city. He is more then capable of dealing with the issues managing the city. Planting trees those to were obtained free of charge to the city so what we have to water them. do you forget this city is based on visitors coming in. Continue to support everything that makes the city succeed. Now for Mike I really don't know what has he done you ask him he says it will come out all his accomplishments. Why did he leave the school system here and in lousisana. He complains about his business not making money that's a small restaurant, cant mange that what is he going to do with a large budget. Really no qualifications he plans on removing every department head that should be fun, finance well I hate to say it but we have been moving forward and came back faster than other cities , under Les's management of the city why would I vote to change it. Councilmembers and mayor work together with the cities best intrest in mind. If les deals with the city employees the way your saying then what is the problem have you lost your job, or been passed over for a position. So lets hear from the candiates at the debates, then make our minds up. this might be hard to believe but that's is what I am waiting for. I am sure there is a lot to be brought out and discussed, I want to hear more from both side on hat their plans are and what has taken place so far, I want that before making a decision, this walking and knocking on doors is not really helping them. And their workers behind them need to stop spreading BS, but I guess that's politics, following people harassing them making coments about their families. that does not help anyone decide who to vote for. Its just a little person who does that. I would say play fair but I know better. We have a big decision to make on who is best to lead the city let us make it on facts.
Got ya

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#23 Apr 8, 2013
last i heard briefs were in the board is looking at it, so i guess thats les fault right. Oh look the shy is falling blame les for that, the ecomoney stinks thats his fault to right. SO evidentaly the results aren't in yet how about that. It really doesnt matter cause when Mikie gets in his new chief can hire him back.
Mr Bill wrote:
<quoted text>There are number of folks who know this to be true. Why is Les hiding the results Of the Civil Sevice hearing?They had to get their briefs in weeks ago.
Mary Jane

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#24 Apr 8, 2013
GoFigure wrote:
I think that I can predict the outcome of the Mayoral race in BSL.........The APATHETIC citizens will Re -elect Les. They don't care about what REALLY goes on at City Hall. As long as Les isn't Screwing them over personally or he doesn't have his hand too deep in their pockets THEY DON'T CARE!! They think he's great because he shows up at some Social Events, plants trees and puts up pretty Streetlights in Olde Town!! The fact that he deals with City Employees Dishonestly, Unfairly and Unjustly -is no BIGGIE!!!!
You are way off base. Yes, Les will win the election BECAUSE you know he will. Just look around you at all the things he and his workers accomplished. Of course they care about what goes on at City Hall. Any mayor should rely on their managers or supervisors to keep employees in line. You insinuating that he isn't screwing them over personally or have to get his hand too deep in their pocket? You are truly grasping for straws, there, If you are going to put something out there, then be specific, however, it just appears that you are throwing what ever garbage you can just to get people's attention. They make medicines for people who do that. Talk to your doctor.
Check out the facts first

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#25 Apr 10, 2013
I was approached by one camdiate for mayor, and was told several things that concerned me. So decided to look into this alot deeper and contacted the other candiate which is the sitting mayor. I challanged him for answers to the questions I had concerning the comments made. Every answer he gave 1st made sense 2nd he took the time which was about 30 minutes and got all the supporting documentation to back up what he was saying. I spoke to two heads of departments and asked them the same i received supported info again. I know politics things are pulled out of porporttion sometimes. So i would recommend if you hear things that are presented take the time and check them out find out the truth, if you can remember politicans sometimes do not tell the truth, but when you see it in black and white it makes a difference. Not knocking either person but they need to comfirm their source before blabing it.
Agreeable

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#26 Apr 11, 2013
I have to agree on this one, I was apauled by the comments Weems is making when he talks to people. I was approached in my yard and he came up to me and started talking to me about big problems in the city and how he was going to be the next mayor. I told him my brother works as a policeman in the city. That is when he said thats the biggest problem, the police department does not write tickets anymore. I found that hard to beleive cause my brother always braggs about that. He told me that there are no officers allowed to be drriving around every day until 9:00 they are directing busses at the schools and there is no protection. I listened to him and then came the big question he wanted to put a sign in my yard I said no and he stormed off got into his truck and sped off. I wish my brother was there he would of seem if they could write tickets. I called him and asked him about the comments he said that wasn't true they write all the tickets thay want, and one officer is at the school for about 20 minutes helping with busses gettijng in. Your right if someone is going to say something then get the facts right. I also am not decided but it helps when you talk to someone like that I figured a x teacher would have more education to do their homework.
Check out the facts first wrote:
I was approached by one camdiate for mayor, and was told several things that concerned me. So decided to look into this alot deeper and contacted the other candiate which is the sitting mayor. I challanged him for answers to the questions I had concerning the comments made. Every answer he gave 1st made sense 2nd he took the time which was about 30 minutes and got all the supporting documentation to back up what he was saying. I spoke to two heads of departments and asked them the same i received supported info again. I know politics things are pulled out of porporttion sometimes. So i would recommend if you hear things that are presented take the time and check them out find out the truth, if you can remember politicans sometimes do not tell the truth, but when you see it in black and white it makes a difference. Not knocking either person but they need to comfirm their source before blabing it.
Too Far

United States

#27 Apr 11, 2013
Check out the facts first wrote:
You keep posting under different names. Your repetitive mispelled words and grammer gives you away. While I am supporting Les, I seriously doubt he showed you "supporting documents" to back whatever he was saying up. Do you even realize how ridiculous you sound?
Now For Les

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#28 Apr 11, 2013
I think everyone who listened to the Candidate Forum this evening will agree, Mayor Les outclassed the Competition, hands down. Council at Large is an up in the air mess, and Looney Lonnie lived up to his namesake. Mr. Seal represented his constituents very well as usual and Mr. Reed was a good runner up. Mr. Boudin did a "Sweet Brown" impression and said "I ain't got not time for that" and exited stage right after just a few questions.
Reallllie

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#29 Apr 11, 2013
Maybe so Now for Les. If your from Iowa how do you have a clue about the Bay politics??? Les lied his way and when it came to the budget he said we have more money in reserves than ever before!!! Wait at the last council meeting he told them he borrowed money to make payroll in December. Did he replace the borrowed money? By the way Lonnie did sound good, he spoke of the water problem in ward 6. Oh thats right the Hancock water and sewer board have the right to that area, and the city must pay them for the water wholesale... Oh @#$%T Les is paid to sit on that BOARD, while he is paid from the City,
and you wonder why we have problems...
Reallllie

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#30 Apr 11, 2013
I listened to the other guys and Mike went after Les
and the poolguy was cool as a cucumber. He said a few good points and sounded like he new what he wanted to say, and was a little nervous about how to say it. I did like the fact he talked about the Police department and said he will hire more officers. Who would have guessed he has experience in the fire field, and he said great things about the FD. I always heard he thinks the department sucks. See what you learn going to these events. I think we may need to look at a guy I thought had no chance, and heck he's not from here and I liked him.
Justice

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#31 Apr 12, 2013
Agreeable wrote:
I have to agree on this one, I was apauled by the comments Weems is making when he talks to people. I was approached in my yard and he came up to me and started talking to me about big problems in the city and how he was going to be the next mayor. I told him my brother works as a policeman in the city. That is when he said thats the biggest problem, the police department does not write tickets anymore. I found that hard to beleive cause my brother always braggs about that. He told me that there are no officers allowed to be drriving around every day until 9:00 they are directing busses at the schools and there is no protection. I listened to him and then came the big question he wanted to put a sign in my yard I said no and he stormed off got into his truck and sped off. I wish my brother was there he would of seem if they could write tickets. I called him and asked him about the comments he said that wasn't true they write all the tickets thay want, and one officer is at the school for about 20 minutes helping with busses gettijng in. Your right if someone is going to say something then get the facts right. I also am not decided but it helps when you talk to someone like that I figured a x teacher would have more education to do their homework. <quoted text>
Did your brother tell that the tickets issued is down to almost nil? Reason is the cop gives a ticket, the offender go to Les and the ticket gets fixed and the officer gets chastised. So why bother?
INjustice

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#32 Apr 12, 2013
Sounds like you are one of the officer's let go, a little bitter are you. I can not hold you at fault I was not so lucky to get my tickets fixed. I guess I should have talked to the Mayor instead of the A%& they have for a chief.
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>Did your brother tell that the tickets issued is down to almost nil? Reason is the cop gives a ticket, the offender go to Les and the ticket gets fixed and the officer gets chastised. So why bother?
Hal

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#33 Apr 12, 2013
INjustice wrote:
Sounds like you are one of the officer's let go, a little bitter are you. I can not hold you at fault I was not so lucky to get my tickets fixed. I guess I should have talked to the Mayor instead of the A%& they have for a chief. <quoted text>
Have some officers been let go. Tell us more.
Holly poop

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#34 Apr 12, 2013
HAL looks like you are a poop stiring person. Tell us more no one was let go because of writing tickets you dummy
Hal wrote:
<quoted text>Have some officers been let go. Tell us more.
LOL

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#35 Apr 13, 2013
Les the "TEFLON MAYOR " has instigated and participated in more than one Dirty Deal -but when the dust settles --not a speck on him, he comes out Squeaky. Clean!! HA HA
Tell us the Facts

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#36 Apr 14, 2013
LOL wrote:
Les the "TEFLON MAYOR " has instigated and participated in more than one Dirty Deal -but when the dust settles --not a speck on him, he comes out Squeaky. Clean!! HA HA
Please tell us the facts. Don't just throw some gossip out. I don't want to vote for a crook. I am however voting for Les, unless you can convince me that he is not honest.

Facts please
no tickets

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#37 Apr 14, 2013
Tell that to the guy on his golf cart riding a Main and the beach on second Saturday. Many of us watched
a local beach property owner get ripped on by a Bay officer. Lets hope that car has a dash cam and let it speak for itself. It appeared the officer wasn't
happy and called for back-up as this couple must have looked like escaped convicts in that fancy golf cart.
The entire thing took at least nearly one hour, breath test and all. They drove away with a stack of tickets, how come none of the carts riding around with vote for Les signs didn't get stopped???
That says it all I suppose
Arnold Palmer

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#38 Apr 15, 2013
No how am I suppose to get around in my get around. I have the whole thing on my iphone and will post it, after I give it to the police chief. This guy on the golf cart was a real di$% I was surprised the cop didn't lock him up. We were hoping he got tased. The cop was really professional and took a lot of ribbing from everyone, more then I can say for some of the bay cops.
no tickets wrote:
Tell that to the guy on his golf cart riding a Main and the beach on second Saturday. Many of us watched
a local beach property owner get ripped on by a Bay officer. Lets hope that car has a dash cam and let it speak for itself. It appeared the officer wasn't
happy and called for back-up as this couple must have looked like escaped convicts in that fancy golf cart.
The entire thing took at least nearly one hour, breath test and all. They drove away with a stack of tickets, how come none of the carts riding around with vote for Les signs didn't get stopped???
That says it all I suppose
SIGNS SIGNS EVERYWERE

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#39 Apr 15, 2013
Blocking out the scenery changing my mind. Can someone tell them that's enough. If they plan on spending the citys money the way they waste their own money on SIGNS, heaven help us all.
sweetbrown

Gulfport, MS

#40 Apr 15, 2013
All the candidates say the city is broke yet they hired two more fluckies last week,one a yong punk the other a hippie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pass Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bay St. Louis - Beach Blvd during Gustav (Sep '08) 19 hr wilkersonphotography 6
Kiln Music Selection (Aug '12) Sep 11 Musikologist 17
How Corrupt Is the Hancock County Sheriff's Dep... (Jan '07) Sep 7 pianoman 853
I love you PB (Feb '16) Sep 1 Lovesick for PB 3
looking for old friends (Aug '16) Aug 26 chachi 7
Smooth Talker and User in Long Beach Aug '17 Qzvar 3
News His church in Mississippi welcomes LGBTQ people... Jul '17 TomInElPaso 5

Pass Christian Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance