1,011 votes

Click on an option to vote

Les "yawn" Fillingane

Jeff "deepend" pool man Harding

Mike "iron fist" Weems

Jennifer Weems

Waveland, MS

#281 May 8, 2013
Each and every one of you, which is probably the same five people, are all cowards hiding behind fake names to display your ugliness and immaturity. You are the true liars and bullies of this community, winning both elections based on dirty tactics. Just about every other post on this blog has been bashing Mike yet he is accused of doing the bashing. Every lie told can be overturned with the truth if any of you cared enough to ask the candidate himself. Out of 280 posts over two thirds are against him, and now me. And if you knew me or even an acquaintance of mine, you would know I don't go by "Jenny"; which goes to show you don't even have a clue who you're talking about. Furthermore, this is my first and will be my last post due to the fact that I have nothing to contribute to this nonsense. I have no reason to hide my identity, I DON'T lie!

Everyone has a right to their opinion and candidate of choice; if you are not woman or man enough to back up your statement with your name, than you are no better than the child you cry to administration at school about who bullies your child. A whole campaign was designed to "stop bullying" in schools...if you can't speak it...don't type it. Wonder where the kids get bullying from in schools, on the internet or in text messages, well it starts at home people. You are setting a fine for the future leaders of this community.
Curio

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#282 May 8, 2013
Don't kid yourself, Jen. This is all politics. There was probably 5 or 6 people posting on here. I'm one of those observers, rarely posting and just watching the mud fly. Your husband is a good educator, but not quite cut out for the life of politics. Politician's (even campaigners) life is very public and can be harsh. Usually, it's the supporters that does things without the knowledge of their candidates. I have observed Mike's signs peppered on the right of way of city property. I have observed 2 of his signs blocking my view from oncoming traffic. This sort of things sticks in people's minds. Good luck to you and Mike in your future endeavors. This is coming from a supporter of Les.
Voter

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#283 May 8, 2013
It takes a lot of courage to run for a political office. Your out there, exposed to lies after lies,day after day. Both Les and Mike have been through the ringer. Congratulations to every candidate and I thank you all for caring enough for your city and wanting to make a difference.The very best to you Mike and Jennifer.
TunedIn

Gulfport, MS

#284 May 12, 2013
Looks like Lonnie got a major tune up from the fire and police chief at the ward 6 meeting. You know its good that Lonnie wants to makea difference and be in politcs but he really ought to check his info more careful before he acts like he has big facts and a big story when anyone can check for themself and see he's wrong. The police chief put it out there with the numbers and the fire chief was really something. I was surprised. I think they both did a great job and i was disapointed in Lonnie.
Veason

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#285 May 12, 2013
We were there from Shoreline and got the documents he was referring about. Never once critizing the fire chief, just saying we have to get the fire rating in order. It says in plain English that we are in danger of losing our fire rating if we don't make changes. I recommend you ask for a copy. The police chief told us he was answering a observation by Mr. Knoblock that more officers are needed. Mr. Falgout never mentioned the police and he and the chief were together Sat. night. Seems to my husband and I that Mr. Lonnie was willing to address concerns not sweep them away. We voted for Mr. Les last time and will again. Mr. Falgout will get our vote also.
TunedIn

Gulfport, MS

#286 May 12, 2013
I already did do what you say and saw these documents myself. I also talke to the fire chief and got info of where to call as lonnie did. If the fire chief says different than lonnie why would she lie when it can be checked by anyone? Why would Lonnies word or info be believed better than the fire chief who has been there for so long? I have to figure he is running for office, she is not and has nothing to gain or lose either way that i can see. and she said just like the letter lonnie has said that the fire rating has already been done since the annex of shoreline and we didnt lose the fire rating then. I sure hate these politics and how everybody gets at each others throats and puts out different info to people. I dont know why more people didnt come to this meting when its about where they live.
Bay Ambassador

Gretna, LA

#287 May 13, 2013
It is often seen that in a small town the election becomes more of a popularity contest than a selection of the right person for the position.
Mike Weems is a very good person. His wife is a very good person. Together they are community role models. I also hold them in the highest praise for being what America needs most...good parents.
As much as Mike wants to be Mayor it is maybe God's intervention telling him to keep up the good work in a more honest life than that of a politician. Just being a good person doesn't make someone prepared nor qualified to run a very complex city.
Les too is a very good person and socially a good friend to have. He too unfortunately has no business being the Mayor except that he won a popularity contest 4 years ago and since picked all of the low hanging fruit from Eddie Favre's orchard.
I don't know too much about our third choice Jeff Harding except that he too is a social bug of sorts and very close with his daughters. Everyone keeps squeezing the juice out of a dried up fact that he is not from here. The truth is that he has he lived here longer than most people currently living in Bay St Louis. Whats more is that he has enough personal wealth to live anywhere he wishes to but lives on Main St in BSL. He is at every City function, parade, fund raiser, and council meeting. He is successful and clearly is the most prepared to make our town a place where our children can raise our grandchildren.
Please....whatever you do,forget the popularity contest or the ridiculous campaign slogans and vote for the right candidate.
P.S. a simple fact that you can call to verify is that our city is currently BROKE. Who is going to float the next 3 or 4 payrolls for our police and city employees. We can't run our beautiful city like this.
Bull

Gulfport, MS

#288 May 13, 2013
Mr or Mrs Ambassador - dont quit your day job. The city is far from broke. If you could read a budget you would see that. And as a person that attends many of the functions you listed, Harding is rarely at any of them other than council meetings where he contributes nothing constructive, and Weems attended nothing, even during this campaign and certainly not before. You are simply spreading the propaganda from the people that oppose Fillingame, and more likely you yourself are on the opposing 'team'. And if Fillingame won a popularity contest, there is good reason for it. He is an intelligent man who loves the city he was born and raised in. He understands budgets, taxes millage, salaries, grant funding, state laws and all the other things that a mayor MUST understand and know....NONE of the other candidates have a clue as we all could see in the two forums they were all in. Knowledge of these things WILL win you a "popularity contest" with any intellingent voter who wants a knowledgeable mayor, not just a buddy or a friend, not just a coach, not just someone who promised you a job, not just a 'good parent' which fillingame also is. That is a fact no matter what anyone thinks about any of the candidates. Running and managing a city is a far cry from running a small business, and it's a shame that people who run for office do so without educating themselves on little details like budgets, state laws and other minor things like that. They want to change things they dont like and thats fine - but they have no idea of what they can do legally much less how to do it. THAT is something this city cannot afford, no matter who you "like" or don't "like".
Bay Ambassador

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#289 May 13, 2013
Seems like I ruffled a few Fillingame follower feathers. Once again...call the city clerk; have your favorite cpa on hand and ask about checks and balances. Ask about simple facts. Money coming in + money on hand - money going out. Don't be blinded by the hocus pocus finance (Just like Enron). Ask about two, three or four years down the road.
You are right. Les is a good family person also. In fact...come to think of it his daughter has done a swell job for the city. Can you remember off hand if that was as a volunteer or was it salaried? Either way his merit as a private citizen is not in question.
It is unfortunate however that you are so indebted to him. A close friend or maybe even the man himself. Have you ever heard of the play on words "sheeple?" If you dare to read my original post you will notice that I urge voters to be educated with their votes. I do not know either of these men and assure you that neither knows me.
Reading

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#290 May 13, 2013
No matter what anyone's options are we are going to ruffle a few feathers with anything we say. I don't agree with the city being broke, they are like a family budget we have to cut here put there. I know that in May there are three paydays vice two, so they have to meet them. It seems like the police used a lot of overtime this month, but I think that kind of spending is well worth it. They have ben targeting the druggies by the playgrounds would like to see the city be able to have a larger then $350,000.00 reserve fund. I hope that will be forthcoming. Just my option I feel Les is doing a good job in keeping us moving forward. I have nothing against Jeff he seems to be a good person also, and runs a business, I have to wonder why he is running I hope it isn't because the same people pushing him who pushed and abandoned Mike. I am sure he has his reasons. As I said options and someone will find fault with this, I was at the Town Hall meeting on Saturday at the Fire station, I will say I was impressed with the city employees that showed up, and really surprised when some of the candidates made statements like who invited them, why are there there this is for ward six, I was impressed that they took the time to be there because everyone needs to realize this is not about only ward six everything is about the entire city, after all we are one city, not the city of ward 1,2,3,4,5,6. I listened to the Fire Chief and believe what she said, because the information was from 2013 and the letter Lonnie wrote was dated 2011. The police chief wasn't putting them in their place he was explaining to everyone that what information they wanted to use when they are campaigning, should be true and all they had to do was ask him and he would supply it to them, it is public record and all his findings can be verified is needed. He did hang himself out on an issue by saying he is the department head and keeps the Mayor advised on the status of the city's need for police presence, he said he can go to the mayor anytime and explain the need for additional officers and he gets all the help he needs. I give him credit to say that he could blame everything on the mayor like other departments. Again my options but thanks to the candidates and employees that came Saturday.
Bay Ambassador wrote:
Seems like I ruffled a few Fillingame follower feathers. Once again...call the city clerk; have your favorite cpa on hand and ask about checks and balances. Ask about simple facts. Money coming in + money on hand - money going out. Don't be blinded by the hocus pocus finance (Just like Enron). Ask about two, three or four years down the road.
You are right. Les is a good family person also. In fact...come to think of it his daughter has done a swell job for the city. Can you remember off hand if that was as a volunteer or was it salaried? Either way his merit as a private citizen is not in question.
It is unfortunate however that you are so indebted to him. A close friend or maybe even the man himself. Have you ever heard of the play on words "sheeple?" If you dare to read my original post you will notice that I urge voters to be educated with their votes. I do not know either of these men and assure you that neither knows me.
Veason

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#291 May 13, 2013
TunedIn wrote:
I already did do what you say and saw these documents myself. I also talke to the fire chief and got info of where to call as lonnie did. If the fire chief says different than lonnie why would she lie when it can be checked by anyone? Why would Lonnies word or info be believed better than the fire chief who has been there for so long? I have to figure he is running for office, she is not and has nothing to gain or lose either way that i can see. and she said just like the letter lonnie has said that the fire rating has already been done since the annex of shoreline and we didnt lose the fire rating then. I sure hate these politics and how everybody gets at each others throats and puts out different info to people. I dont know why more people didnt come to this meting when its about where they live.
I agree with your assessment, but we did call this a.m. and was told " that the letter Mr. Lonnie was the last letter sent and the city has not responded officially, the wording of dangerously close to losing its rating was accurate and the city has not presented a plan to avoid a rate increase as of last week". The letter we got from Mr. Lonnie was not his notes, but the actual letter from Ms. Fire Bureau. They stated that the info he presented was official from them. I know politics can be finger pointing, but what he gave us,we verified because we went there looking for a candidate. We will vote for him, Les and at large we have no clue.
Boards

Gulfport, MS

#292 May 13, 2013
Since Ms L. Garcia sat on the HCSW board 5 yrs from 07-2012 I have to wonder why SHE didnt do anything to make the improvements happen that lonnie is talking about? After all, ONLY the HCSW can make those improvements, NOT the city of bsl. And if you notice in the letter lonnie had from the Fire bureau that he was handing out it was talking about the 2008 evaluation. If the city was so dangerously close why in 5 years hasnt it lost this rate? Maybe the fire chief actually knows something about it more than lonnie does. Seems in 5 years it woulda happened by now. Worth knowing more about I think.
snitching

Gulfport, MS

#293 May 13, 2013
vaginal stiffness is often caused by too much bleach in the wash water. this can also cause ED, an ailment often seen in men of varying ages. when cleaning closets or underwear always remember that the dirt hits hardest at the lowest point. Forceful discharges can be reduced by reducing the force of the discharge, usually. Defactual defecating on the other hand can be more difficult to manage. Otherwise, you're just talkin' smak.
Itching

Gulfport, MS

#294 May 14, 2013
That was the most factual, informative post I've ever seen on this soggy blog. Loonie must have been doing some scientific research.
rob

Gulfport, MS

#295 May 14, 2013
i agree a fine assessment of things. lets hear more.
Veason

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#296 May 14, 2013
Boards wrote:
Since Ms L. Garcia sat on the HCSW board 5 yrs from 07-2012 I have to wonder why SHE didnt do anything to make the improvements happen that lonnie is talking about? After all, ONLY the HCSW can make those improvements, NOT the city of bsl. And if you notice in the letter lonnie had from the Fire bureau that he was handing out it was talking about the 2008 evaluation. If the city was so dangerously close why in 5 years hasnt it lost this rate? Maybe the fire chief actually knows something about it more than lonnie does. Seems in 5 years it woulda happened by now. Worth knowing more about I think.
Good point. Seems , after calling, Hancock Water points at city, city points at Utility Authority, Authority says they don't have money. Meanwhile, sooner or later, fire rating will take hit. I really believe Mr. Lonnie and the Chief are actually agreeing but the Chief's hands are tied because of finger pointing. I believe Mr. Falgout was right in bringing it out. Please call Hancock Water (I did, very nice people), then Utility Auth. and see the answers you receive. The only one who gave me a straight forward answer was Mr. Tony Ladner. He pulled no punches, a good legislator and took no sides. Lets call a town hall meeting on this subject, in office folks only and I'll bet a dozen donuts we'll get the truth.
oh please

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#297 May 14, 2013
Let me see Les sits on the Hancock Water board and is paid, so why can't they supply water to our ward? And y'all keep talking about reserve funds... How can Bay St Louis have $350000 in total reserves and the water board have 1.3 million??? Seems to me they could run water to wards 5and 6. Ask the others on the water board,or call Compton engineering who runs the show,ask for Brenda.
Boards

Gulfport, MS

#298 May 15, 2013
Well Ms Garcia sat on the board for years and no water got ran to 5/6. If anyone could "just run water" to wards 5/6, don't you think it would have happened by now? Point is Ms Garcia raises hell saying what Les should do, but if it was so simple why on earth didn't she make it happen during the 5 years she sat on that board?? So maybe nothing is that simple and Les is telling the truth! Otherwise if he's lying and it IS that simple, I'll be furious with Ms Garcia for not seeing to it that it happened before now. I'd like to hear from her about why SHE didn't make it happen as a board member!
dribble

Biloxi, MS

#299 May 15, 2013
I'll bet my jock strap against your thong that youll get a woody watching town hall meetings with all them admins and lonnies and big Sam and UpChuck Spoor of ye Floore and Les and Davy and Gravy, pop pus with gus and what the hell did you just say??!!.. Sam I am with Ham. Eat my Spam thank you mam. Wham!! What was that about vaginal stiffys that someone talked about? I saw those one time on Washington Pier before there was a shitter debate like now. What about piles that pop or dribbling snot?
Bennis Moss

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#300 May 16, 2013
I have been reading about all the comments about the Fire Hydrants and did my homework. What Lonnie is saying Is right. The Fire Hydrants do effect our rating,But this is not the Fire Depts fault or the City of Bay st.Louis' fault. The Hancock County Water and Sewer Board "who is a private entity" not to be confused with Hancock County Board of Supervisors" is responsible to bring water to the residents who do not have water in Ward 6 is responsible. If the city took over the water in this area they would be responsible to bring water to the hydrants and the residents of that area,which would potentially cost 8 million dollars. That is 3 times our yearly budget for the whole city. We need to let Hancock Water and Sewer search for grants and the city can even help search for grants to complete this project. The money originally allocated for this went to Pearlington's water project. We can also keep our rating by upgrading equipment,which would be cheaper. These are the facts I have searched it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pass Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News One good 'Tern' - Rare birds' return ruffles fe... Apr 30 Charles Gray 1
News Rheta Grimsley Johnson: Kat and Mahalia and Bli... Apr 29 new ideas 3
News Bay official pleads 'no contest' to DUI charge (May '16) Apr '17 Al B 5
Congratulations parents of Bryce Dubuisson you'... Apr '17 Username Taken 2
diamondhead country club and property owners as... Apr '17 Ed Rountree 1
Sandy Melton BSL Dispatch (Dec '10) Apr '17 STFU THIS IS DJ 33
News Get a Untangleda at conference in Long Beach Mar '17 Lynda Loper 1

Pass Christian Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance