Capital murder case bound over to gra...

Capital murder case bound over to grand jury

There are 72 comments on the Sunherald.com story from Jul 23, 2009, titled Capital murder case bound over to grand jury. In it, Sunherald.com reports that:

Harrison County Judge Gaston Hewes has ordered the case against capital murder suspect Richard Lambert bound over to a grand jury.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sunherald.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
lol karma will get ya eve

Somerset, KY

#65 Feb 10, 2012
By Brad Kessie, News Director - bio | email

GULFPORT, MS (WLOX) Richard Lambert could have been sentenced to death for the gruesome murder of a Harrison County man. Instead, Lambert walked into a courtroom today and pleaded guilty to a manslaughter and a burglary charge. For that plea, prosecutors tell WLOX News Lambert will spend 27 years in prison.

His victim was 79 year old Robert Barnes. In May, 2009, Barnes was robbed, stabbed, and then dismembered. His body parts were tossed into a bay near Red Creek Road in Pass Christian.

Lambert was 31 years old at the time of the killing. Investigators quickly made him the prime suspect in the elderly man's death. Authorities captured him in Cincinnati, Ohio, and extradited him back to Mississippi. Less than two years later, Lambert agreed to today's plea deal, admitting in court he was guilty of manslaughter and robbery.

Copyright 2011 WLOX. All rights reserved.
Reality

Panama City, FL

#66 Apr 22, 2012
I know for a fact that Ricky was in Florida near Destin and PCB during the disappearance of Fl man, just before returning home to be arrested. He had thousands of dollars cash in his back seat under a blanket. He is guilty, he had ID, no way was that a conicedent. They found body parts floating in river chopped to pieces of the man from bed and breakfast where he was staying and Ricky had his checks and cashing them and from Fl man had used his credit cards. This is a NO brainer and the Grand Jury will give him the death sentence. Proof is coming. I know that Ricky is guilty. He has chopped up more than 3 people. He is a serial killer and Ricky has hurt more families than his. The thing is if he had chopped up his sister or one of his grandmothers, ect or family members than maybe the would have a different outlook on this monster.
Reality check

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#67 Apr 23, 2012
The Grand Jury doesn't sentence people. They decide if there is enough evidence to indict and go forward with a case.
Bruce stickrod

Louisville, KY

#68 Feb 10, 2014
I hope rots un jail
christina Stickrod

Louisville, KY

#69 Feb 10, 2014
Hello my name is Christina. I am speaking on the behalf of my oldest sister rebecca ritchie who happened to be murdered in cold blood murder for no reason at all by richard lambert... richard lambert is a very sick and dangerous individual who needs to burn to ashes and and go where he belongs... Hell ! With the rest of the men and women who do bad things to an innocent human being...
christina Stickrod

Louisville, KY

#70 Feb 10, 2014
Ky should have never let go just so he get out and kill again
chandra hirth

Louisville, KY

#72 Feb 11, 2014
Whoever wrote this was really ignorant just like the rest of this bastards family ya his family will support him for the rest of his miserable life support this murderer while he does life in prison getting fuced in the ass richard lambert you are nothing morr than a bitch ass trick murderer you deserve more than life and once u r dead god will deal with u u will burn in hell u pray on young girls and old men you loser
dont be stupid

Louisville, KY

#73 Feb 11, 2014
This is a fact you dont go to jail if you didnt do anything wrong so in his case or cases as you can see its happen more than one or two times but three no way he was just in the wrong place at wrong time he did it or he wounldnt be going to jail and for the comment about Rebecca if he was so high class why would he be around her because he is what he is a murder nobody deserves to be taken from this world unless God is ready to take you not for dead beats like him to take it up on his self to do it
ann Mobley

United States

#74 Apr 18, 2014
First of all I want to say I grew up with rebecca when we were young teenagers before she was on heavy drugs she was one of my best friends so fuck all of you who say she was nothing but a whore and drug addict she was nice sweet and fun to be around we grew up in Covington not the suburbs so the street's is what happens to people exspecially on scott street I got into drugs and prostitution myself but does that mean we deserve to die me and Rebecca was in a girls home together in crittenden ky for 8months we were forced to talk about are problems and let me tell you she had a rough childhood she cried a lot and really wanted to change I'm 35 now and I don't do drugs drink or even smoke cigs I've came along way but my point is she didn't get a choice to completely change her life was taken away way to soon and he got out so soon and did again and again.......and who knows how many times the truth is a prostute a elderly man or whoever they have the right to live RIP rebecca you'll never be forgotten hopefully your in peace now
TKM

Norcross, GA

#75 Aug 23, 2014
Every one needs to stop,the person who said ricky is a rapist ,try to break out of prison he never so u need to get your faxs right,and that girl he was never charge with her murder and she left rehab she had so much crack in her it wasn't funny and she never had her son u people down there just need to stop all u r doing is hurting both family.and i will always LOVE RICHARD UNCONDITIONAL and i will pray for everyone remember god is for giving...
FreeEverybody

United States

#76 Feb 7, 2017
I know Ol Richard Lambert,, lil short cool guy. I met him in Harrison County so he was labeled a Serial Killer. But as I talked with Richard I didn't see a serial killer.. he was down to earth.. honest and straight up. Of course I didn't ask about his case but he was cool. I heard about he turned some chick for hitting him with a tire iron or something but Free Dude tho.. fuck dat.. if y'all don't like him then kill him for real
PrayersforBecky

Fairfield, OH

#77 Mar 9, 2017
I knew Becky quite a few years before she was needlessly murdered and thrown into the Ohio River like a piece of trash. Although Becky was most certainly not an angel by any means, she also did not deserve the end she met. I never knew Becky to try and forcefully rob anyone - not ever in the years I knew her - and I never knew her to be forceful toward anyone. For the man who was on trial to say Becky was trying to rob him just does not make sense to me. Becky was a small woman who possibly weighed 120 pounds soaking wet. She lost a lot of weight through the years because of her crack cocaine addiction. I saw her possibly a year before she was murdered and she looked as though she might weigh less than 100 lbs. For this man to say Becky was trying to rob him and he HAD to defend himself forcefully against her - enough to murder her - is something I totally cannot believe. He can state his claim of self defense forever but I will NEVER believe him. I still miss Becky to this day and wish sincerely I could see her again. I pray God forgave her and she is in a MUCH better place now than when she was in the depth of her addiction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pass Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Smooth Talker and User in Long Beach Aug 12 Qzvar 3
looking for old friends (Aug '16) Aug 12 OUR CHILDREN 6
News His church in Mississippi welcomes LGBTQ people... Jul '17 TomInElPaso 5
Thinking of moving (Dec '16) Jun '17 For what it is worth 5
News This postcard from 1941 was made for busy (or l... Jun '17 not much shrimp 1
News Old Coast recipes are treasures, indeed Jun '17 not much shrimp 1
News Ita s fresh vegetables time on the Coast Jun '17 not much shrimp 1

Pass Christian Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pass Christian Mortgages