3 stages keep the music flowing at Ba...

3 stages keep the music flowing at Bay BridgeFest in Bay St. Louis

There are 9 comments on the Sunherald.com story from Oct 26, 2013, titled 3 stages keep the music flowing at Bay BridgeFest in Bay St. Louis. In it, Sunherald.com reports that:

The Bay BridgeFest has returned to downtown Bay St. Louis for a weekend of music, food, arts and crafts and catching up with friends.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sunherald.com.

can not count

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#1 Oct 29, 2013
I only saw two stages,the crowds were well i wont even all them a crowd. I wanted to eat at 200 north beach and was told i had to pay 6.00 just to eat, I had my family and guests. I was told all the restaurants went along with the fee. Guess my eating at any of the beach blvd restaurants has come to an end. I hope it was worth them kissing everyone's butt from out of town. Because they are gone and were are the customers coming from now. As I attempted to walk around outside the what I will call the GREEN zone I would ask who ever they were some kind of security company Swemans or swegens they looked at me and said i don't know we don't live here, one even told me to call information. Thank the Lord there was some Bay cops there I asked one and they didn't have the answer right then but within a few seconds he called and found it out for me. So i really hope the local merchants did well. I guess till next year.
Crazy

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#2 Oct 30, 2013
$6 to walk around the streets my taxes pay for to listed to second rate musicians. I passed. I'll wait until next years Crab Fest or Seafood Fest and get in free; which leaves more money to be spent at the fair and going to a cause of some sort instead of a promoter.
snert

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#3 Oct 30, 2013
Crazy wrote:
$6 to walk around the streets my taxes pay for to listed to second rate musicians. I passed. I'll wait until next years Crab Fest or Seafood Fest and get in free; which leaves more money to be spent at the fair and going to a cause of some sort instead of a promoter.
BSL just can't get it right. Greed.
waterbill

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#4 Oct 30, 2013
It was really dumb for Bay Saint Louis to allow a festival that drew people from out of town that benefited the local economy. When will the city council and Les learn?
Crazy

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#5 Oct 30, 2013
waterbill wrote:
It was really dumb for Bay Saint Louis to allow a festival that drew people from out of town that benefited the local economy. When will the city council and Les learn?
Shut the roads down and have a fair that the city and its businesses see the benefit from not some out of town promoter.
waterbill

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#6 Oct 31, 2013
I do not know what out of town promoter you are speaking of because the people that ran Bay BridgeFest live in Hancock County. Many of the local shops, hotels, B&Bs and City of Bay St Louis did see a direct positive impact from Bay BridgeFest. Go ask some of the local shops what their sales were like on October 26th and 27th in 2012 in comparison to 2013.

I just have a hard time understanding why a handful of people are so opposed to Bay BridgeFest, Cruisin' the Coast, Bay Harbor Fest and so on? I'm sorry that the one night that you wanted to go 200 North Beach the road was blocked, but Hancock County needs festivals like this in order to grow.
Crazy

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#7 Oct 31, 2013
waterbill wrote:
I do not know what out of town promoter you are speaking of because the people that ran Bay BridgeFest live in Hancock County. Many of the local shops, hotels, B&Bs and City of Bay St Louis did see a direct positive impact from Bay BridgeFest. Go ask some of the local shops what their sales were like on October 26th and 27th in 2012 in comparison to 2013.
I just have a hard time understanding why a handful of people are so opposed to Bay BridgeFest, Cruisin' the Coast, Bay Harbor Fest and so on? I'm sorry that the one night that you wanted to go 200 North Beach the road was blocked, but Hancock County needs festivals like this in order to grow.
I am not opposed to any of these events. I am, however, opposed to paying a fee to walk down the streets my tax dollars pay for. Given the pitiful financial condition of the Bay I say have all the festivals you want to boost the economy, but don;t charge a fee to get in. The same thing is accomplished in Waveland each year with the Wavefest and its free.
waterbill

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#8 Oct 31, 2013
WaveFest is a one day festivals that doesn't bring that many tourist. Also WaveFest is put on by a 501c3 so WaveFest is in a better position to solicit donates. Bay BridgeFest, Bay Harbor and Cruisin' the Coast are put on by 'profit companies' so soliciting donations is more difficult so they must charge a fee. In addition, you aren't being charged to walk down the streets you are being charged to enjoy some of the best regional artist.
Well Known

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#9 Oct 31, 2013
waterbill wrote:
WaveFest is a one day festivals that doesn't bring that many tourist. Also WaveFest is put on by a 501c3 so WaveFest is in a better position to solicit donates. Bay BridgeFest, Bay Harbor and Cruisin' the Coast are put on by 'profit companies' so soliciting donations is more difficult so they must charge a fee. In addition, you aren't being charged to walk down the streets you are being charged to enjoy some of the best regional artist.
There's alot of profit in a non-profit if you're the right person

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pass Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Over 10,000 FEMA trailers (full-size) in Hope. ... (Feb '06) 14 hr Kevin Hightower 127
News Sound Off for Nov. 29: Why not turn skate park ... Dec 1 mark1957 1
How Corrupt Is the Hancock County Sheriff's Dep... (Jan '07) Nov 27 Whytry7777 854
News Lagasse seeks re-election for Justice Court judge (Apr '07) Nov 22 notimpressed 12
News EMA director: 'People listened, the plan worked' Nov '17 dusty 2
New girl Nov '17 Laybay 1
News His church in Mississippi welcomes LGBTQ people... Oct '17 LGBT Superhero 7

Pass Christian Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pass Christian Mortgages