Kiln, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

Why is it that anything that The Sea Coast Echo prints about Bay St. Louis Police Department makes them look like angels. Why didn't this make it into that piece of garbage. A Bay St. Louis police officer strolled into a local establishment drunk and felt the need to pull his gun and badge for whatever reason.
AskPonder

Pass Christian, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

Well who knows why the echo prints anything? They are like the tabloid magazines. Ask Ponder why the echo cant print anything but half truth, lies, parts of a story, miss quotes? Why is everything about the city hall, fire department, zoning, mayor or building department all screwed up stories? NEVER any fact finding goes on, just JR Welchs version of a story. The proof of that was in the fire inspector story and fire chief. They lied straight out about that, then had to post a tape on their site to try to make up for it. They create stories out of one or two "facts" and blow them up into pure sh1t. They should be sued. Youd dont see the same kind of stories printed about other cities or county employees, just BSL. Maybe a short story, but nothing like the attacks on BSL. What the heck is wrong with the Echo? Why buy a paper that you cant believe anything they print???
Susie Q

Urbandale, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

So who was the police officer and what establishment did he pull his gun in? How can you blame the Echo if no one had the guts to call the police? They don't follow people or police around... they just report what happens. But I do agree about JR Welsh, he doesn't seem to cut the Bay any slack and some of his stories are half truths.

Please post about the officer pulling his gun.

Thanks,
AskPonder

Pass Christian, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

all i know is that the officer lost his job over the incident. i dont know anything about him pulling his gun, just that he had one too many and let his mouth get him in trouble. The police were called to the bar and he kept on with his drunken behavior with them and ended up being fired. Its too bad this young man let a night of partying ruin his career in the bay, but it sounds like the police chief did the right thing in letting him go. I havent read whatever was in the echo about it, I refuse to read that trashy so-called newspaper. the Echo couldnt get a story straight if OUR lives depended on it, and I wouldnt take anything thats printed on their paper as "true" unless I saw or heard it myself.
EchoFollies

Pass Christian, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Wouldnt surprise me if the echo didn't have the cop pulling his gun, shooting up the place, taking hostages and stealing the cash register. Especially if Welsh was doing the "reporting". The Echo is a worthless publication that should be fined, banned, dissolved or whatever can be done to rid this town of their false reporting. If you want to know what happend anywhere with anyone or anything, you sure can't find out by reading our hometown "news"paper!
Haddaswim

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Was BSL as dysfunctional prior to Katrina? Very traumatizing event indeed. Honestly, one does need to question the motives, leadership, ego, and ultimately corruption of the entire county. Not completely the land that time forgot, but close.
follow the title

Urbandale, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

All the great stories J.R. has written and ya'll are going to pick on him for this stuff? He is by far the best writer and the least influenced of everyone at the Echo. I'm sure there are some folks who would like you to believe differently as most of these posts sound exactly like the Letter to the Editor recently written by a certain Waveland ex-cop.
Haddaswim, tend to agree with you there.
SickBay

Saucier, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

While I agree that the Echo has many, many shortcomings, I think some complaints about the reporting are a little off. I think you (the plural you, not anyone in particular) want the Echo to come out and blast people in the news columns. Reporting issues ... all sides ... is what goes in the news columns, and not often enough, but there's more now than ever before. Blasting people is Ponder's job in editorials, and that's never going to happen. JR Welsh and Dwayne Bremer are reporting some important issues and giving us at least two sides. That's their job. Unfortunately, the paper's management lacks convictions to call out our so-called "public" officials on anything. That's why they get away with selling us all out. Nobody's calling them on it.
LAWDOG

Gulfport, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

YOu know your right what about yesterday, the bank robbery, i was there and the BPD assisted WPD, which is a good thing being both agencies are short of officers. But WPD handled the whole thing profesionaly, but you do not hear about that in the paper so i will say it here. As the BPD officer he really showed his butt, drunk threatned everyone, the officers that came had to handle one of their own, but they did their job. The officer put them in a position that was an embarassment to the whole department ad everyone who wears a badge, but i he did not pull his gun or pull his badge i was told he said he would get them. The chief did right and acted fast after a full investigation was done. So WPD and BPD you are doing a good job thank all of you.
yes but

Urbandale, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

The Echo doesn't come out until tomorrow, so maybe they will report on the bank robbery then, but I'm glad to hear WPD handled it professionally and will be glad to find out who was involved and did it right so I can add my congratulations.
That being said, I hope there is a followup in tomorrow's paper about the high speed chase that happened last week on Beach blvd., on a crowded 4th of July beach road, when Officer Allen chased the two idiots at high speed into the Bay where they totalled the car of John and Jane-ann Gleeson. These are two of the greatest people you'd ever want to meet, and a terrible tragedy was narrowly avoided. With just a few facts to go on, I don't think the officer showed the best judgment. And did they ever catch the two in the Monte Carlo?
EchoEcho

Pass Christian, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

follow the title wrote:
All the great stories J.R. has written and ya'll are going to pick on him for this stuff? He is by far the best writer and the least influenced of everyone at the Echo. I'm sure there are some folks who would like you to believe differently as most of these posts sound exactly like the Letter to the Editor recently written by a certain Waveland ex-cop.
Haddaswim, tend to agree with you there.
Not trying to pick on anyone, just telling the facts. I live in the bay and have a business in waveland. I go to most Bay council meetings and try to make most of them in waveland also. Then I pick up the Echo, and the reporting about issues in the bay is ridiculous. You read his "stories" and wonder if he attended the same meeting as everyone else. Dewayne does a decent job about waveland, usually telling facts of a story, not his version of a story. JR on the other hand almost always leaves out important facts, tells just enough of a story to make you think you've heard all there is to know, or he just outright lies. He's gotten caught a few times, and the latest and maybe most obvioius is the fire inspector escapade in the bay- why do you think the echo had to post the whole tape deal on their website? He did it to Councilman Taylor about the redistricting issue also, making it sound like Taylor is a racist. Sorry if you disagree, but if you aren't around these meetings to hear for yourself what is really said, I promise you youre arent getting the "news" in an unbiased, factual way. I dont care one way or another about JR, I don't know him and have nothing personal against him. But Ponder needs to tighten up on all of the "stories" that his paper prints and give the public the facts. Isn't that what we should expect from our only newspaper?
Real Talk

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

The SeaCoast Echo has and always will be biased. They report the new the way they want you to hear it, case in point the fire chief and the infamous "Tapes" Had you not heard it with your own ears you would be inclined to believe what was printed. Check out the story that was posted about: HC sheriff candidates talk drugs, jail facility
By Dwayne Bremer
Jul 15, 2011, 20:42

right away you know who their backing. I would suggest you read the Echo for entertainment purposes only. If you want to get a laugh out of some of the BS they write, then by all means buy a paper.

echo

Pascagoula, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Susie Essman wrote:
Why is it that anything that The Sea Coast Echo prints about Bay St. Louis Police Department makes them look like angels. Why didn't this make it into that piece of garbage. A Bay St. Louis police officer strolled into a local establishment drunk and felt the need to pull his gun and badge for whatever reason.
Check out the back page of today's Echo you will find your story
The Traveler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2011

The Echo is a Left leaning paper so of course it going to have a slant on the reporting.
For the most part they are accurate in their reporting but it's always with a liberal slant.
Sensationalist Journalism sells papers and that is the bottom line. If only half of a story is told in todayís paper, then of course you buy the next paper to see if the rest of the story is there.
Dwayne usually covers BSL, JR covers Waveland and Ellis covers the county. Usually!
I know for certain that Dwayne and Ellis are fair and honest reporters. My dealings with JR are limited at best so I canít comment there.
Correction

Caledonia, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2011

Double D covers waveland not the bay
TineeTiTyz

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

did you all hear the mayor have 3 teeties? Its rare but usualy those men are know to be very smart.
PondersPiss

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2011

Ponders editorial in today's paper shows what a piece of work and idiot he is. He knows he screwed up in a big way and is trying to play it off. Every BSL city official they have made false reports about should sue him and Welch for their malicious reporting.
Herman

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

Judged:

EchoEcho wrote:
<quoted text>
Not trying to pick on anyone, just telling the facts. I live in the bay and have a business in waveland. I go to most Bay council meetings and try to make most of them in waveland also. Then I pick up the Echo, and the reporting about issues in the bay is ridiculous. You read his "stories" and wonder if he attended the same meeting as everyone else. Dewayne does a decent job about waveland, usually telling facts of a story, not his version of a story. JR on the other hand almost always leaves out important facts, tells just enough of a story to make you think you've heard all there is to know, or he just outright lies. He's gotten caught a few times, and the latest and maybe most obvioius is the fire inspector escapade in the bay- why do you think the echo had to post the whole tape deal on their website? He did it to Councilman Taylor about the redistricting issue also, making it sound like Taylor is a racist. Sorry if you disagree, but if you aren't around these meetings to hear for yourself what is really said, I promise you youre arent getting the "news" in an unbiased, factual way. I dont care one way or another about JR, I don't know him and have nothing personal against him. But Ponder needs to tighten up on all of the "stories" that his paper prints and give the public the facts. Isn't that what we should expect from our only newspaper?
I,too, go to most of the Bay meetings, and think JR does a fine job. Have you ever sat thru Reed asking things that could have been handled with a phone call for longer than should be allowed? Or Windy talking on and on about her rich friends need to have stop signs at the same height, a big problem in BSL, no doubt. Have you EVER seen Randy Ponder at a BSL meeting? He's too busy at the yacht club, or a rotary meeting or a chamber event. He can't possibly check facts for events he has absolutely no knowledge of! Reporters make mistakes, as we all do. Write a letter to the editor. God knows Ponder will never have the balls to criticize his mayor friends!
PondersPiss

Biloxi, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2011

Ponders "mayor friends"?? If Ponder considers Fillingame or anyone who works for either city a "friend" I'd hate to see how ponder treats his enemies! If reporters want to report fictional stories they should write books, not "news" articles. JR has no ethics when it comes to his work. People depend on the newspaper to give a factual, unbiased account of a story and it's not possible to get that from JR about 75% of the time. I'm not saying he's not allowed mistakes or that he's wrong ALL of the time, just when it suits him he prints his skewed version of a story. The fire inspector issue is a perfect example of the Echo's irresponsible reporting, and it's there for everyone to see and decide for themselves how accurate or factual the reporting is. It was very interesting to follow...Ponder posted this tape on the paper's website AFTER the fire chiefs integrity was put in question by what NOW looks to be a corrupt fire inspector. The headline Ponder had about the fire chief was pure slander, and that tape proves it. Mistake my ass, anyone who can make a "mistake" that big shouldnt' be writing for a newspaper, and if it wasn't a "mistake", then someone explain what the heck it was! Toss that one in with dozens of other "mistakes" the Echo makes all the time. I wish we had another local news source that we could get INFORMATION from, not sensationalized, fictional stories.
BSL and WPD - Reno 911

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

Judged:

Susie Essman wrote:
I spend a lot of time ion the Gulf Coast. Waveland and BSL have the WORST small town corrupt police departments in the southeast USA. They are far from angels. They remind me of the cops on Reno 911. Tazering pregnant women and waving their badges and guns when drunk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of208
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pass Christian Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pass Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance