Pasco fined for lead paint exposure

May 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Tri-cityherald.com

Pasco is being fined more than $15,000 by the state Department of Labor & Industries for an incident in which a former employee was exposed to lead paint dust while sanding a floor.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated May 20, 2012
Publious

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Didn't Mgnt have the old paint tested. Why did they test it after the work was completed?

An employee is paying a heavy big health risk exposure for Mgnt's Mistake.
Publious

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

I am wondering how old is the water treatment plant?
It sounds like a common sence issue and someone needs to be held accountable!
Publious

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

The Water Plant in question was built in 1946, as I read. There is no question that the plant is old enough for it to have lead paint.

Mgnt was simply lazy to have it checked and an investigation needs to be taken place to find out the truth about this matter.

We can not trust the City of Pasco on this because it took an employee to get WA L-N-I involved.

Anyone out there wanting to comment?
Publious

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

In the Tri-City H. the city manager said,

"Pasco City Manager Gary Crutchfield told the Herald on Friday he was aware the department was investigating a complaint but did not have information about any citations and could not comment on the letter.

It is my understanding that inspectors are obligated to give you a copy of the investigation prior to the end of the inspection.

I believe the city manager is not speaking truthfully, and he does know about the pending fines.

Just one more reason why there needs to be an investigation from the water plant all the way to the top of City Gov't. Good on the reporter for digging this up.
Publious

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

So, the City of Pasco Poisons an employee and their response is: Deny.. Deny.. Deny..

I call for the City Manager to Step Down if he did know about the possible fines, and citations for misleading the citizens of Pasco WA

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pasco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Tue Mr Blue 714
george gannon (Jan '10) Aug 17 Linda M 9
Growing number of autistic students causing con... Aug 16 Vaccines Caused 5
Deputies trying to identify man tangled in wire... (Jan '13) Aug 11 walkerwilliam91 3
Irresponsible Physicians Oppose Nuclear Energy (Dec '13) Aug 9 litesong 263
Review: TRI City Vaperz Aug 6 wayne 1
local news Aug 5 Tired of these faces 1

Search the Pasco Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Pasco Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pasco People Search