Yana Samolyuk's Family Speaking Out

Yana Samolyuk's Family Speaking Out

There are 21 comments on the KNDU.com story from Nov 13, 2007, titled Yana Samolyuk's Family Speaking Out. In it, KNDU.com reports that:

“They still cry everyday, nothing really changed, you know, the times never changed anything”

PASCO, Wash.- It has been more than a year since police say Igor Samolyuk stabbed his wife Yana in their car near Finley. via KNDU.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNDU.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
natalya

Lynnfield, MA

#1 Nov 27, 2007
i didn't no igor before the event happend but i did learn about him and was a penpal after he was placed in jail. i don't judge him or anyone else for that matter its not my place. but i do know one thing and that is that he didn't do it intentionaly and that he will not harm anyone else. i know that jail has changed him spirtualy it has made him a stoneger person. when i wrote to him i saw a confused young man trying to make sence of a tragic event. he did not come off as someone who intentionally planned to harm anyone. i wish him, his family, his daughter, and his yana's family the best.
FAir

West Richland, WA

#2 Nov 27, 2007
What is this you don't JUDGE people your whole response is full of JUDGEMENTS! You state he really didn't mean to stab YANA to death. What was he just playing? What qualifys you to JUDGE whether Igor will harm anyone else? mmm...his past behaivors?
Natalya face it Igor is a alcoholic addict and wife beater who did not seek help until he killed his wife YANA,was put in jail and got a pen pal! leave it to the professionals to do the JUDGING.
natalya

Lynnfield, MA

#3 Nov 29, 2007
You know wat fair, U r right... i did state that i dont judge people and i DIDNT judge anyone. I was just stating my opinion. i didnt judge that he wont i marely stated wat i believed. Im not judging anything. To every story there is 2 sides. I only heard his an his families side therefor I am not in any position to judge anyone. And thank u very much, I will leave the judging to the professionals, and I wish u to do the same.
MrNobody

Kennewick, WA

#4 Dec 4, 2007
Right on, FAir. Igor's past criminal record supports the statement that he is a habitual offender. I believe that head injury of his came from a car crash that happened because Igor was trying to evade a police officer. I have much sympathy for Yana's family, may God stay with them during these difficult times, but I also have sympathy for Igor's family, this must be very difficult times for them as well. It must be awful to face the fact that your child killed someone.
To natalya, I don't care how jail affected Igor. in fact, I don't care. He killed his wife and left his daughter without a family. She'll never get to know her Mom or Dad now. How can that be justified?
Confidential

West Richland, WA

#5 Dec 4, 2007
Dittos FAir. However, I DO JUDGE IGOR! If I didn't would I not been condoning behaivors that I simply do not agree with. I mean is it to outlandish to say that I think murderers should be punished? Natalaya, Do you have no standards,principles,or morals for basic human behaivor? Or did you just say all that crap so Igor would still write to you? I shall make one more JUDGEMENT you are nuts!
natalya

Lynnfield, MA

#6 Dec 6, 2007
i guess i was wrong. da story dat i heard from his family is not the same as in the court room. his family said dat he didn't kill her, day told me another story. i dont write to him anymore, and no i didnt say dat shit so hed still write 2 me. i was stupid and i guess i am nuts. wateva happens happens.
Ms Opinion

United States

#7 Dec 14, 2007
Ya his family is doing a pretty good job of making him look innocent. They blame everyone else for this and they hired a pretty good lawyer to defend him (they dont want their murderous son to be in jail and pay for his actions). Yes I did feel some sympathy for his family at first but after they started to blame other people for his action, my sympathy went away. Lets just put this all in gods hands. And to Yanas family...be strong and god bless you all.
watever

Ephrata, WA

#8 Dec 19, 2007
ya i kinda knew an im sorry but she was a slut...
lacey

Kennewick, WA

#9 Jan 30, 2008
Fist of all who ever you are..i've known him since we were 14 years old we grow up together.. you dont know a damn thing about it..and the people who know him and her know the whole truth that he has some metal probelems and all he needs is some helf...i could bet my life on that he would never in his life hurt anyone else.. your such a dumbA$$ i hope anyone who judges him ,.. gets something for it.. yeah i wish things would have gone a different way..i wish and pray that he gets help..prison isnt going to do crap ..its just going to make everything worse.. man i hate dumbA$$ people that dont know shit about people and about things.. they should just shut the hell up.. its not there right to speak about someone..
FAir wrote:
What is this you don't JUDGE people your whole response is full of JUDGEMENTS! You state he really didn't mean to stab YANA to death. What was he just playing? What qualifys you to JUDGE whether Igor will harm anyone else? mmm...his past behaivors?
Natalya face it Igor is a alcoholic addict and wife beater who did not seek help until he killed his wife YANA,was put in jail and got a pen pal! leave it to the professionals to do the JUDGING.
lacey

Kennewick, WA

#10 Jan 30, 2008
-Natalya
i recently read what you wrote in Nov.. im glad that you dont judge him..cuz of course only God can judge.. ive known igor since i was 14years old.. and he is a very dear friend to me..i even knew his wife..igor is my sisters brother in law.. i hope everything turns out to be ok.. its all in Gods hands now..
natalya wrote:
You know wat fair, U r right... i did state that i dont judge people and i DIDNT judge anyone. I was just stating my opinion. i didnt judge that he wont i marely stated wat i believed. Im not judging anything. To every story there is 2 sides. I only heard his an his families side therefor I am not in any position to judge anyone. And thank u very much, I will leave the judging to the professionals, and I wish u to do the same.
lacey

Kennewick, WA

#11 Jan 30, 2008
and anyways i was in the accident with him to.. so whoever doesnt know him or knew her..should just shut up about them.. its all in Gods hands..
MrNobody wrote:
Right on, FAir. Igor's past criminal record supports the statement that he is a habitual offender. I believe that head injury of his came from a car crash that happened because Igor was trying to evade a police officer. I have much sympathy for Yana's family, may God stay with them during these difficult times, but I also have sympathy for Igor's family, this must be very difficult times for them as well. It must be awful to face the fact that your child killed someone.
To natalya, I don't care how jail affected Igor. in fact, I don't care. He killed his wife and left his daughter without a family. She'll never get to know her Mom or Dad now. How can that be justified?
lacey

Kennewick, WA

#12 Jan 30, 2008
anyways same goes to you (confidential) you should just shut the hell up... just amagin that he was your family are you knew him.. and you know the truth..huh what would you say then..im sure you would not be saying the same stuff you are righting now..
Confidential wrote:
Dittos FAir. However, I DO JUDGE IGOR! If I didn't would I not been condoning behaivors that I simply do not agree with. I mean is it to outlandish to say that I think murderers should be punished? Natalaya, Do you have no standards,principles,or morals for basic human behaivor? Or did you just say all that crap so Igor would still write to you? I shall make one more JUDGEMENT you are nuts!
Friend

Kennewick, WA

#13 Jun 6, 2008
Wow. You have some guts to say that. You kind of knew her? You didn't know sh*t. Tell me one thing you actually knew about her? One occasion she actually spoke to you? If you DON't KNOW ANYTHING please keep your crappy statements to yourself.

idots....
watever wrote:
ya i kinda knew an im sorry but she was a slut...
Friend

Kennewick, WA

#14 Jun 6, 2008
Lacey...
I would keep your mouth shut in this whole thing. You came out to be the foolish one, messing around with a married man.. Where is your conscience?? You knew him for 14 years.. I knew him for even longer.. Now I can say no one not even his own family knew him.. for someone to Kill his own wife or even anyone the way Igor killed Yana is unhuman.. and worse than the way wild animals kill.. this whole thing about people defending a killer disgusts me!
tri-cities

Spokane, WA

#15 Oct 2, 2009
watever wrote:
ya i kinda knew an im sorry but she was a slut...


i think this comment was uncalled for.. whoever said this is stupid.. i know him..and i knew her..
natalya

West Springfield, MA

#16 Oct 18, 2009
People people. Where are your mind sets? You claim to be for justice but yet your justice falls only for those that are considered "victiams". Reality is that Yana and her family are not the only victiams. What of Igor and his family? They too are victiams. Igor was a victiam of horrible but seemingly uncommon circumstances. He was in a harmful relationship one of little respect and infidelity. His judgement was clouded due to medicial conditions. Not to mention emotional confusion inflicted by the circumstance that he was in, combined with the effects of his car accident. His behavior was irrational. Yes he is guilty for the murder, there is no arguing that. He admits to the act. But here is where the problem lies... Now that Igor has been confined and returned to a "normal" human mind set. He is in great remorse. When a person acts out, these are signs that they are in need of help because their situation is out of control. So what caused Igor to consider and then execut the act of murder? Once this question is answered and solved. Then the person is no longer in the mind state of resorting to such extremes. This is where forgivness lies. What we fail to understand is that Igor is a human. Humans are imperfect. They do seemingly irrational things. But once they show remorse and have corrected their mind state, them who are we not to forgive him. I am not stating that he avoid punishment. That is not at all the solution. Igor did what he did and he is paying for it in jail. We must all do our part and forgive him. hatred towards someone for an action they did is only a fraction of the problem. The real problem is why do people feel it is an option to kill in order to solve a problem? The problem is not Igor never was the problem is much greater....
natalya

West Springfield, MA

#17 Oct 18, 2009
Confidential wrote:
Dittos FAir. However, I DO JUDGE IGOR! If I didn't would I not been condoning behaivors that I simply do not agree with. I mean is it to outlandish to say that I think murderers should be punished? Natalaya, Do you have no standards,principles,or morals for basic human behaivor? Or did you just say all that crap so Igor would still write to you? I shall make one more JUDGEMENT you are nuts!
How dare you question my standards, principals and etc. When you state that you are judging him. Excuse me, I never stated that he should not be punished. I mearly stated that the punishment that is delt to him must consider the facts. You my friend do not know the entire situation therefor you have no right to JUDGE him or anyone else besides yourself. I hate to think people think as you do.... people that only think with other peoples opinions. With out the consideration of ALL the information. You can not see one part of the situation and relate to it entirely without first considering the other side. Your opinion is biest. I advise you keep your mouth shut and let your brain think before your mouth speaks.
natalya

West Springfield, MA

#18 Oct 18, 2009
natalya wrote:
People people. Where are your mind sets? You claim to be for justice but yet your justice falls only for those that are considered "victiams". Reality is that Yana and her family are not the only victiams. What of Igor and his family? They too are victiams. Igor was a victiam of horrible but seemingly uncommon circumstances. He was in a harmful relationship one of little respect and infidelity. His judgement was clouded due to medicial conditions. Not to mention emotional confusion inflicted by the circumstance that he was in, combined with the effects of his car accident. His behavior was irrational. Yes he is guilty for the murder, there is no arguing that. He admits to the act. But here is where the problem lies... Now that Igor has been confined and returned to a "normal" human mind set. He is in great remorse. When a person acts out, these are signs that they are in need of help because their situation is out of control. So what caused Igor to consider and then execut the act of murder? Once this question is answered and solved. Then the person is no longer in the mind state of resorting to such extremes. This is where forgivness lies. What we fail to understand is that Igor is a human. Humans are imperfect. They do seemingly irrational things. But once they show remorse and have corrected their mind state, them who are we not to forgive him. I am not stating that he avoid punishment. That is not at all the solution. Igor did what he did and he is paying for it in jail. We must all do our part and forgive him. hatred towards someone for an action they did is only a fraction of the problem. The real problem is why do people feel it is an option to kill in order to solve a problem? The problem is not Igor never was the problem is much greater....
....i ment to say ...common circumstance. It is not rare that people kill these days out of anger or lack of knowledge and understanding. The issue today is not Igor and what he did. But of us people.... why is murder considered an option as a means to a solution? Why do we hear so often of these acts. Why is everyone blaming, pointing fingers? When in fact we must rationaly think of our own flaws and lacks. Why do we hate that which we can not understand. Why not focus on understanding and correcting the negitive. The only thing jail does is to extract someone from society? But it does not prevent it from reaccuring.
Confidential

Boise, ID

#19 Jan 9, 2010
people,people I used to date him, but I have never seen him angry at all, but All I want to say its probably after his accident that came in effect and made him kill Yana. Well Regarding Yana she only call me once to tell me that I am dating her Man, and I told her to BACK OFF.
Confidential

Boise, ID

#20 Jan 9, 2010
tri-cities wrote:
<quoted text>
i think this comment was uncalled for.. whoever said this is stupid.. i know him..and i knew her..
You must of not know them enough..and who she really was!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pasco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris L. Murphy (May '17) Apr 8 Innocent 4
Review: Ouren KIM A Attorney At Law (Jan '15) Apr 4 BNielsen 2
News He was rejected by Panama as a undesirable.a Th... Mar '18 anyone anywhere 1
News 4 Gypsy Jokers club members arrested in Kennewi... (Apr '08) Feb '18 Injun Rabid Squaw 86
News Cops Quickly Find Stolen Doughnut Truck (Aug '06) Jan '18 brooke 4
Cops license to commit murder on our citizens (Mar '15) Dec '17 policePigs 14
Sam Girton Bail bondsman (Jul '17) Jul '17 Cotton Farmer 1

Pasco Jobs

Personal Finance

Pasco Mortgages