2-alarm fire destroys Pasadena duplex

2-alarm fire destroys Pasadena duplex

There are 2 comments on the The Maryland Gazette story from Oct 29, 2008, titled 2-alarm fire destroys Pasadena duplex. In it, The Maryland Gazette reports that:

A fast-moving fire tore through a Riviera Beach duplex Friday night, gutting one home and seriously damaging another, county fire officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Maryland Gazette.

Heinz Family

Glen Burnie, MD

#1 Nov 7, 2008
The Heinz Family would like to thank the individuals who provided help to us due to our house fire. Complete strangers offered their help by providing a gift certificate to Laurer's and offering a place to stay. Evelyn McKenny, our realtor, promptly found us a place to stay and associates at various stores have lended their hand in various ways to help us out. Associates at Office Depot and Sears were very accomodating and helpful. Friends who took us to the store to get things for night and took us in for the week until we found a temporary place to stay to great bosses that made sure we were taken care of. All of these small actions that people took to help us get through were greatly needed and appreciated!

In a time of need, it should be noted that people need action more than kind words or offers of help. In a time of disaster, people need action! Thank you to the strangers and friends in our life that provided the actions needed to assist us during this difficult time.

Nationwide also provided assistance to this point with various companies to incude South River Restoration and CRDN which have been great and are highly recommended. Red Cross also provided assistance the night of the fire and provided funds and toiletries to assist us for the night.

This comment I am sure does not include all those that have helped but Thank You to those that did take actin to help us and you know who you are.
There are no words to describe what this has been like. There is no help that is too small or not appreciated. A hot meal, a gift card, or some used clothes. Give anything you can to someone in this circumstance as you never know if you will need the favor returned.

Thank you for everyone that has been there for us!

The Heinz Family
Becca

Glen Burnie, MD

#2 Nov 15, 2008
I am so sorry for this tragedy. Did they find the cause of the fire yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged with involuntary manslaughter linke... Oct 13 noobieR 1
Amanda Leigh Adkins (Oct '16) Oct 6 Jrc 5
I need cute guys emails (May '14) Sep 18 cyanslayer 12
News Op-Ed Columnist: Trump, Neo-Nazis and the Klan Aug '17 Gov Corbutt of th... 1
dirty book store and peep shows now open in pas... (Oct '06) Jun '17 Eff your politics 26
Gibson Island is a private property? (Jul '06) May '17 Lawrence 78
News Pasadena man found guilty of sexually abusing m... (Apr '17) May '17 Heidiannn 2

Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pasadena Mortgages