Terminating parental rights in Oklahoma?

Posted in the Pasadena Forum

estevanwlu873

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Oct 1, 2013
Hello all.

I am visiting with a lawyer tomorrow on this matter, but it would be nice to hear some feed back and kind of know what to expect. In short, I was awarded full custody of my two children when they were 2 and 11 months old. My ex-wife was awarded supervised visitation one day each week and ordered to pay a VERY small amount of child support (we are talking less than $150 a month for both children). Well, to make a long story short, child support, unless it was automatically being taken out of her check, was sporadic (at best) and the last payment she ever made was in August 2008. Also, she started picking and choosing what visitations she would attend in May of 2008, so my children would have to sit and wait for her for hours, wondering if she was going to come or not, very sad. I started making police reports when she didn't come and the last visitation she ever came to was in January of 2009, so long over two years ago. I have remarried (been together 5 years ago) and my wife is the one who raises my two children (as well as the 3 children we have together). She is the only mother they know and don't even remember my ex-wife (sadly to say, this is probably a good thing they don't remember). I also have a statement from a counselor stating she suspected my children were abused by my ex-wife (nothing I could prove, I tried). So, in short, I don't care about her small amount of child support that she doesn't pay anyway and I do not want her to decided one day a year from now she is going to start popping in and out of the kids lives again (I have read and seen that this is detrimental to a child). My children are now 7 and 6 and happy. Do I have grounds to terminate her parental rights and could my wife adopt them? What are my chances? Please, any information and feedback is welcome. Thank you. Have a wonderful week!
elihuguh317

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Oct 1, 2013
estevanwlu873 wrote:
-
Hello all.

I am visiting with a lawyer tomorrow on this matter, but it would be nice to hear some feed back and kind of know what to expect. In short, I was awarded full custody of my two children when they were 2 and 11 months old. My ex-wife was awarded supervised visitation one day each week and ordered to pay a VERY small amount of child support (we are talking less than $150 a month for both children). Well, to make a long story short, child support, unless it was automatically being taken out of her check, was sporadic (at best) and the last payment she ever made was in August 2008. Also, she started picking and choosing what visitations she would attend in May of 2008, so my children would have to sit and wait for her for hours, wondering if she was going to come or not, very sad. I started making police reports when she didn't come and the last visitation she ever came to was in January of 2009, so long over two years ago. I have remarried (been together 5 years ago) and my wife is the one who raises my two children (as well as the 3 children we have together). She is the only mother they know and don't even remember my ex-wife (sadly to say, this is probably a good thing they don't remember). I also have a statement from a counselor stating she suspected my children were abused by my ex-wife (nothing I could prove, I tried). So, in short, I don't care about her small amount of child support that she doesn't pay anyway and I do not want her to decided one day a year from now she is going to start popping in and out of the kids lives again (I have read and seen that this is detrimental to a child). My children are now 7 and 6 and happy. Do I have grounds to terminate her parental rights and could my wife adopt them? What are my chances? Please, any information and feedback is welcome. Thank you. Have a wonderful week!.
You can find the best solutions for you at:@WWW.CREDIT-SOLUTIONS.INFO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DaddyD Jul '16 SuperSerious 2
Gibson Island is a private property? (Jul '06) Jul '16 Cliff 76
barbeque sauce (Jun '12) Jun '16 Tay 16
News Three injured after weekend stabbings in Anne A... (May '12) May '16 Dead man 3
Ex boyfriend trying to take my SUV need advice ... Apr '16 Rgordon 1
News Hogan signs 106 bills into law, including 3 for... Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
I need cute guys emails (May '14) Feb '16 prettygirl26622 8

Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pasadena Mortgages