Local senators to cast key votes on g...

Local senators to cast key votes on gay marriage bill

There are 4 comments on the Hometown Annapolis story from Feb 10, 2011, titled Local senators to cast key votes on gay marriage bill. In it, Hometown Annapolis reports that:

With fewer members and smaller voting margins in the state Senate than the House of Delegates, senators often get more scrutiny when contentious issues come to the floor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hometown Annapolis.

D Logan

Annapolis, MD

#1 Feb 10, 2011
Maryland is loosing businesses from regulation and taxes, Doctors from lack of tort and insurance reform, millionaires to Florida from special taxes, and their priorities are Gay marriage?
Billy

Baltimore, MD

#2 Feb 17, 2011
This issue may not seem important to you if your strait but for gays getting equal rights is a high priority.
Amy F

Rochester, MI

#3 Feb 20, 2011
Equality should be important to everyone. If it is ok to discriminate against them, then who is next?
Supporter

Dundalk, MD

#4 Feb 24, 2011
It is important. I would like to see hoe someone would feel if the same feeling was for getting divorced. In other words, what if divorce was not recognized in every state? Imagine if you lived in MD got a divorce. Then you need to move, but the state your moving to says we don't believe in divorce. Crazy huh? A church should NOT be forced to marry anyone that is not within it's own beliefs. Fine, no problem, however you should be able to get married. I am not gay, I am not religious. I am married. It's not anyones right to tell me not to marry my husband. It should be the same for anyone. There will always be tax issues and other issues. always has been. Social issues will always need to be on the table. A human right is not a petty issue in my opinion. Black people marry white people now, that still has some people angry. Looks like the world did not come to an end. Wrong is wrong. Rights are rights.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homeview Contractors (Mar '11) Apr 21 jOHN 26
News Pasadena man found guilty of sexually abusing m... Apr 18 Brad123 1
News African-American steelworkers recall life in th... Apr 11 elmo 2
News Businesses hurt amid fear of immigration crackdown (Jan '16) Apr 10 Defeat Elizabeth ... 21
barbeque sauce (Jun '12) Apr 6 Charles 18
News Kitchens with designer Erin Paige Pitts | Home ... Mar 30 Anonymous 1
News Opioid users filling Maryland hospital beds and... Mar 29 leech 2

Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pasadena Mortgages