Irwindale eatery loses city permit to...

Irwindale eatery loses city permit to serve liquor

There are 34 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Aug 22, 2008, titled Irwindale eatery loses city permit to serve liquor. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

City officials have told a popular Mexican restaurant that also serves as a nightclub that it can no longer serve hard liquor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Knucklehead In Business

Inglewood, CA

#1 Aug 22, 2008
Just anoher knucklehead who probably doesnt read english and couldnt read the restrictions on his license and decided What the heck we'll do it like we do it Mexico.
Un frecking beleivable..........
Shut it down it's nothing but a dump

“ No Moe Mr Nice Guy”

Since: Jul 08

United States

#2 Aug 22, 2008
All of this could have been resolved, if Mr. Cejapadlla had greased a few palms over at the city council. What a nickel & dime beef this is. This place overextended its business hours by 60 minutes and added hard liquor which it had a state permit or license to due so. Sounds to me like a shakedown.
DESERT RAT

Scottsdale, AZ

#3 Aug 22, 2008
Sounds like everything is normal in Irwindale.
PFH

Placentia, CA

#4 Aug 22, 2008
That place serves a mean shrimp cocktail...
JCB737

Duarte, CA

#5 Aug 22, 2008
Violating the law - ahww, who cares about the laws - this is Mariscos Uruapan - We have no laws here?

I wonder how many drunks have come out of this place?
jesse

Paramount, CA

#6 Aug 22, 2008
shit the bad cops did not get there cut i seen alot of iwandale cops drunk to that music even the mayor hes like pablo escobar high as a kite the only reason why iwould go to this place is they have good coke cain puro lavada compa marcos this is for you michel arias shit face cop look at the history a cop from baldwin park police carlos was the first ownner ya he was kicked offf the force for being with a minor bad city bad cops i wish i could get someone to put a end to this city bring the dea and atf and the fbi too clean that!!!! hole up

“ No Moe Mr Nice Guy”

United States

#7 Aug 22, 2008
jesse wrote:
**** the bad cops did not get there cut i seen alot of iwandale cops drunk to that music even the mayor hes like pablo escobar high as a kite the only reason why iwould go to this place is they have good coke cain puro lavada compa marcos this is for you michel arias **** face cop look at the history a cop from baldwin park police carlos was the first ownner ya he was kicked offf the force for being with a minor bad city bad cops i wish i could get someone to put a end to this city bring the dea and atf and the fbi too clean that!!!! hole up
Good Luck Jesse ! The city of Irwindale is one big family affair. You'll find that the reigns in power are related in some way by blood. At least it used to be anyway. I used to do business in that city, and you couldn't get past anything without talking to someones uncle or cousin or whoever. Thats why the Feds have such a hard time trying to get anything on the city. Blood in blood out, bound by honor of family.

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#8 Aug 23, 2008
just-Rog wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Luck Jesse ! The city of Irwindale is one big family affair. You'll find that the reigns in power are related in some way by blood. At least it used to be anyway. I used to do business in that city, and you couldn't get past anything without talking to someones uncle or cousin or whoever. Thats why the Feds have such a hard time trying to get anything on the city. Blood in blood out, bound by honor of family.
Sounds like Mexico.

“ No Moe Mr Nice Guy”

United States

#9 Aug 23, 2008
Rogerg wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like Mexico.
Amen brother, you got that right.
DietPepsiMan777

Irvine, CA

#10 Aug 23, 2008
Good!!!!!!!!!! Good job, Irwindale. This restaurant violated city permit so this restaurant has to realize why they no longer allowed to sell alcohol.

“ No Moe Mr Nice Guy”

United States

#11 Aug 23, 2008
DietPepsiMan777 wrote:
Good!!!!!!!!!! Good job, Irwindale. This restaurant violated city permit so this restaurant has to realize why they no longer allowed to sell alcohol.
Stick to your "soft" drinks their soda pop man. Some of us need a good belt once an awhile. I'm sure this violation wasn't about some silly permit infraction. Somebody didn't make a payment to the "Bag Man" is all.
jesse

Paramount, CA

#12 Aug 23, 2008
rog the mayor is the big man his name is mark and yes your right they passed down the mayor four eight years down the family tree theres a bar in covina called clasmy off azusa and cypress they drink like pigs shit i remember when the owner would shut urapan down and let all those pigs drink for free are taxes payers money gone to crap i bet you never heard about the minor who left this place and crashed and told her mother urapan served them drinks they knew she was a minor even the cops who pulled her over knew about it she is currently sueing urapan why hide the truth lets see whats next with little bagdad iwandale
rellik

Mountain View, AR

#13 Aug 23, 2008
i heard its b.y.o.b. in the back parking lot for now on.
Rey

El Segundo, CA

#14 Aug 25, 2008
Born and bred in Irwindale. For the most part Irwindale residents are God fearing and very good people. Jesse doesn't know what he's talking about. If he does then, why doesn't he stand up and be counted instead of posting these illiterate ramblings. My family has been here since before the turn of turn of the century and am proud to be a FRAIJO. By the way, the Mayor's name is Larry Burrola. Before him it was Hector Manuel Ortiz.
Deaf Thomas

United States

#15 Aug 25, 2008
No more tequila dances for these roaches.

“ No Moe Mr Nice Guy”

United States

#16 Aug 25, 2008
Rey wrote:
Born and bred in Irwindale. For the most part Irwindale residents are God fearing and very good people. Jesse doesn't know what he's talking about. If he does then, why doesn't he stand up and be counted instead of posting these illiterate ramblings. My family has been here since before the turn of turn of the century and am proud to be a FRAIJO. By the way, the Mayor's name is Larry Burrola. Before him it was Hector Manuel Ortiz.
Your right Ray, Jesse was wrong about the Mayor's name. I did a little checking on your city and found some interesting facts. Seems your family goes back about 8 generations in that area. Their is a Mark Breceda on the city council though. Another interesting item is that every road west of the Mississippi has crushed rock from the city of Irwindale in it. Irwindale helped build America. And as you probably know Irwindale is known as "Jardin de Roca" (garden of rocks). Founding families; Fraijo & Ayon in the 1850's.
breceda

Paramount, CA

#17 Aug 26, 2008
look his family owns your shit city they are the most crupt ever one day you will find out ya the mayor had to step down because he robed the city spending all the money in new york stupid people from irwandale the force has bros and ties to baldwinpark also thats why its a rock hole a hole of shit hell no those cops plant shit on you all never stand up i just move far away and let them take your money i went to scholl with some of them i use to bully them now they have a badge they think they can be god have the dea drug test all the breceda it will be a positive for coke how about i post the council mark doing a fat rail would i prove a point no the family will always be there to rob you look the reason this dump is closing is the pigs did not get there cut that the main point here oh ya larry the coke cain king of all iwandale

Since: May 08

Covina

#18 Aug 27, 2008
To: breceda Reseda, CA
You have issues. I find it amusing you choose as your newest screen name one that is very well-known in ""iwandale". But I doubt you are related to them, simply because you are down-right illiterate, not to mention just plain infantile. Ever heard of using a PERIOD in a sentence? Might make trying to decipher this tripe easier on the educated people who post on these blogs. What we have here is someone with a big bone to pick with the Breceda's and the city of iwandale, and making an HUGE a$$ out of himself in the process.
I, for one, wished I lived in the city of Irwindale. Good city that takes care of it's residents. I also know many of it's residents and city employees, and wished I worked for the city, too!
Who can recall the original city seal being changed in the mid-late 80's because it resembled the "Ghost Busters" insignia? LOL!
AMERICAN

United States

#19 Aug 27, 2008
IF THIS WAS A 2 TO 2 VOTE, WHICH COUNCILMAN DID NOT NOT VOTE ?
breceda

Paramount, CA

#20 Aug 27, 2008
TOO MANY MOVIES I KNOW MY FAMILY LIVED THERE FOR 70 YEARS CRUPT PIGS LOOK COVINA RAY YA RIGHT THOSE PIGS GOT FREE HOMES IN IWANDALE YA YOUR TAX MONEY SOMEONE WILL SEE HOW THIS TURNS OUT AFTER Fraijo & Ayon in the 1850's SOME ONE OF THIS FAMILY OD ON COKE THIS WILL MAKE NEWS FUCKED UP LAME ASS PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN IWANDADLE AKA OWNED BY NSBP PIECE OF SHIT CITY HAHAHAHAHAH RACK UM LOW LIFE COPS YA ONE DAY THIS WILL COME OUT I WAS THERE WHEN THE LADY CALLED URAPAN AND WANT TO MAKE URAPAN TALK HOW ITS A GOOD PLACE BAD CITY BAD COPS BAD FOOD MAD COW COPS LIKE YOU MR ..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Les Miles 32,401
News Livermore family the subject of Marlee Matlin r... (Apr '10) 20 hr Sabrina Firl 2
my experiences at premier healthcare services a... (Mar '15) Sat sarah spector cpa... 2
News Workers at Olive View-UCLA Medical Center alleg... (May '10) Fri Vita-TRP Protein 41
News Baldwin Park code enforcement officer arrested ... (Jul '10) Sep 23 Angela 127
News Pet Boulder Creek boar slain, distraught owner ... (Jul '09) Sep 21 Chris thief twee... 72
News Hate crimes rise in Glendale, Burbank (Jan '13) Sep 17 afriend 3

Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pasadena Mortgages