KTLA anchor Jason Martinez resigns su...

KTLA anchor Jason Martinez resigns suddenly

There are 49 comments on the LA Daily News story from Oct 6, 2009, titled KTLA anchor Jason Martinez resigns suddenly. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Jason Martinez, who anchored KTLA's weekend news report, resigned unexpectedly after nine months with the station, a news director said Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mr Math

United States

#1 Oct 6, 2009
If only Jillian would do the same, the news would be better.
Unknown

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Oct 6, 2009
Who cares! What's next? Is the DN going to be clipping articles from the local high school newspaper as well? It must be super slow in the news room.
Mr Math

United States

#3 Oct 6, 2009
after nine months? hmmm, how long does it take for a baby?
Bill

Santa Monica, CA

#4 Oct 6, 2009
Do people still watch the "news" on TV?
Richard

Irvine, CA

#5 Oct 6, 2009
Mr Math wrote:
If only Jillian would do the same, the news would be better.
But what could she possibly do then?
George W Bush

United States

#6 Oct 6, 2009
maybe he is replacing Letterman
Gran Torino

Pico Rivera, CA

#8 Oct 6, 2009
Who even knew he was working? Ball probably fired him to make way for another Asian chick. Jason has not been the same since Sharon Tay got too old to model his fantasies.

What they really need to do is move the hefty latina off the stage on the morning show. I had no Idea he was a chubby chaser too.

By the way, Jillian works for Fox, KTTV. Nice woman, but her personality is on fire all the time.
Dunphys Ghost

United States

#9 Oct 6, 2009
Never heard of him, but he probably quick to "spend more time with his family".
News Watcher in 805

San Diego, CA

#10 Oct 6, 2009
It's a shame, for whatever reason that Jason is gone from KTLA. I could sense that he may have been a little too immature for the anchor position. Just a little more experience in the field and I'm sure he'll be back behind the anchor desk, hopefully in the LA market.
Been hearing rumors of why he departed, but not entirely sure, has anyone heard why from a reliable source? Just curious. In any event, good luck Jason! Hope to see you on air again soon!

“Walter Moore”

Since: Jun 08

Los Angeles

#13 Oct 6, 2009
KTLA has news shows?
CHEECH VS CHONG

United States

#15 Oct 7, 2009
OLA......He's a HOTTIE!
Annoyed

South Gate, CA

#17 Oct 7, 2009
lisa wrote:
Was he fooling around with El mayor anotnio villar? MMM
Well..as he was placed into the weekend anchor spot the mayor's woman was bumped down to reporter duty.
Got It now

AOL

#19 Oct 7, 2009
Who is he? I stopped watching channel 5 after Carlos Amezcua left
JohnandKenrule

United States

#20 Oct 7, 2009
channel 5 issatill on the air

“Fick?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#22 Oct 7, 2009
lily wrote:
Internet is also a wonderful invention! It helps people to seek fun, friends, romance & even love online. Recently I found a booming dating site _____Uniformedcupid. C O M______. So many hot sexy big girls and curvy women are seeking military & share ideas there.
Just remember the 5 most important words... I love you long time.
MadMommy

North Hollywood, CA

#23 Oct 7, 2009
KTLA is very slim on news and have expanded their bull. I usually catch the morning act but really dislike the new blond who can't get anything straight.... except her hair.

The helicopter girl is a babe named Amilea Erheart.... not the real one, they still haven't found her.

But Carlos Amezcua is missed and it's just a matter of time for Mark Kriski. The many face lifts can't hold back the years forever. More flash over substance.
YoYo

Los Angeles, CA

#24 Oct 7, 2009
Don't worry about Jason, I hired him to do my lawn.
Pito

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Oct 7, 2009
Jason who?
USC Marshall Alum

United States

#27 Oct 7, 2009
I heard rumors that the incident involved alcohol and a producer.
USC Marshall Alum

United States

#29 Oct 7, 2009
I heard the incident involved alcohol and a producer. Come up with your conclusion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 34,172
Poor gaga ! 5 hr Ilovelucy 1
Junior didnt your mama ever teach you any manne... 5 hr Ilovelucy 2
Oh caroline ! Go back to lowell ! 5 hr Sacramentoisfun 1
News The column where we blow up the myth that elect... Sep 17 Solarman 1
News Californiaa s 100-percent clean energy bill is ... Sep 14 Solarman 1
News An Azusa neighborhood has become a common groun... (Aug '09) Sep 14 Fly yung red 222

Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pasadena Mortgages