Former OC sheriff sentenced to 5 1/2 years

Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

Former Orange County Sheriff Michael Carona has been sentenced to 5A1 2 years in prison for witness tampering.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
uncle_vito

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

I hope this guy meets a nice 'girlfriend' while in jail.

I hope he doesn't mind some rough sex.

What a jerk.

Vito
jesse

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

"America's Cop" has been punished for using the good name of the Sheriff department to do evil. Once again we proved to the world that justice in the U.S is still alive. This hypocrite deserved more time in my opinion, but I am satisfied with his punishment.
Juan Garcia

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

That's what happens when you get around "don the con".
The first time I met don it was easy to tell he is a slim bag.
hmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

If I was a cop hater I would make a swine flu joke but....I like cops and I feel bad for his family but not him
Doomed

Chino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Coward got what he deserved !!! We are suppose to trust cops and they should not break laws.This is a perfect example that he nor anyone is above the law,i am mad that he will remain free until July so he can see his son graduate,who cares,he should be locked up as of today.Have a great vacation Mike.
Dave Snyder-Glendora

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

I remember a few years ago how local people spoke of Corona so proudly because he is a graduate of Charter Oak HS class of '73.....

Question authority! Don't assume all law enforcemenet are always doing the right thing. People are people no matter what job they have.
bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

actually he didn't get what he deserved. The jury that convicted him was full of idiots that let one jury bully force them into rejecting the other charges. He should have gotten convicted of everything and should be spending the rest of his life behind bars.
Boss

Hesperia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Talk about seeing the law from both sides of the badge, Bubba meet your new roomie !!
Ross

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

I have been a cop for a major agency here in So.Cal for 17 years. Carona managed to escape the major charges filed against him which is pretty tragic.I agree with Bob. No jury can be perfect.The juror on this case I heard would intimidate the others into going along with his ideas.That raises suspicion what this juror's true intentions really were.Carona in my experience and talking with fellow officers in law enforcement is a corrupt and scandalous individual who smiled and hid behind the badge for way to long.Power,sex and money.Enough of it you good ol boys in high ranks that have enjoyed a life destroying honest good women and men in law enforcement for many years.You know who you are.You cant hide forever on the golf course.Who is next in this chapter...Integrity and honesty will always prevail...

“NEVER ADRIFT OR AFFLICTED”

Since: Mar 09

S Arcadia, Next to Temple City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

At least that bald headed arrogant fool got some time in the slammer. He deserved a whole lot more.

A case in point of another stupid jury that let him off the hook on most everything that he was guilty of.
pancho

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

hmmm wrote:
If I was a cop hater I would make a swine flu joke but....I like cops and I feel bad for his family but not him
You feel bad about the PIG!!! Is that what you want to say? He should have got the the nine years.
I smell bacon

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

Haha you greedy pig. Enjoy the slammer buddy. This man deserves the worst this world has to offer.
COPS LOVE COPS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

EVERY DOG HAS IT DAY!
JackSchitt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

I had heard he was on the take long before he got busted. Good to know that he's not above the law.
The Listener

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Wonder what the heck he did with all the money he scammed off of other crooks. Someday he has to pay the piper. What about the other slime ball "Don"? Birds of a feather stick together. Must have been crowded in his bedroom - girlfriend, wife? God knows his conscience wasn't in there with them. Jail won't be fun and games- he might be segregated from others - but not his own "cop" kind. Someone will try and make a name for himself by taking a poke at him.
Whereabouts Unknown

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Unfortunately, due to statute of limitations, the other charges couldn't be filed. Or else he would have served at least 20 years. On a side note, anyone know what happened to Jaramillo and Haidl??
None of your business

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Hope he doesn't drop the soap, lol!!

“the one you least expected”

North West Pasadena

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

two words, butt joint
Luiz

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

None of your business wrote:
Hope he doesn't drop the soap, lol!!
He's going to love the strip search,grabbing his sack and a$$ cheeks.LOL enjoy that life Carona !!!

“the one you least expected”

North West Pasadena

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

I wonder if hes going in as a Southsider, or a paisa ? lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pasadena Forum right now

Search the Pasadena Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 200,227
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr Sins of the Father 4,859
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 3 hr sloading 7,817
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 5 hr The right is wrong 2,225
Judge orders Wells Fargo to reverse $203 millio... (Aug '10) 6 hr yikes 56
Seaside police chief will leave under settlemen... (Dec '09) 6 hr fed up and pissed 16
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri PEE PEE PETE 26,612
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at July 12 at 9:09PM PDT

•••
•••

Pasadena News Video

•••
Pasadena Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pasadena Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••