Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
139,781 - 139,800 of 200,327 Comments Last updated 19 min ago
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality.
I really do enjoy my homosexual and lesbian friends, but you I do not enjoy for you are mean spirited and a bully. You give gay people a bad name. It would be best all around for you to leave this thread. Lots of people here agree with what I'm saying. You are not welcome here anymore.
Ronald
Who died and made you god?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Most people who have anal sex are straight.
This nonsense again.
ELH

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
There's no copy of any same sex marriage law older than 2001. Same sex marriage is fin de siècle folly.
Same sex marriage is end of the century folly? Yep, you're an idiot.
terry gnu

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
This nonsense again.
Your bi-sexualness is getting the better of you, ak. You'll feel better after having your nightly half-cup of warm semen.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

ELH wrote:
Same sex marriage is end of the century folly? Yep, you're an idiot.
Fin de siècle: The term typically encompasses not only the meaning of the similar English idiom "turn of the century", but also both the closing and onset of an era, as it was felt to be a period of degeneration, but at the same time a period of hope for a new beginning.
Talia Schaffer (2007). Literature and Culture at the Fin de Siècle. New York: Longman, p.3.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

terry gnu wrote:
<quoted text>
Your bi-sexualness is getting the better of you, ak. You'll feel better after having your nightly half-cup of warm semen.
Was this your best attempt at saying something intelligent?

Sad really.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>I have never been arrested. But you posted that you have in fact recently. Are you now stating that you are a liar? Have you always been a liar, does it have to do with your crack addiction?
It was said in jest and everyone with a brain knew that, which is why I suppose you didn't.

But ...the fact you've never been arrested is telling -- for reasons you couldn't possibly fathom so I won't go into.

[ And tell he'll come back with ten stupid posts where goes on and on about how proud he is to never have been arrested, etc, etc., etc.]

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
I was seeking revenge because you were IGNORING ME? Actually there is nothing I hate more then seeing that you have replied to one of my post with one of your pathetic anal sex, penis hat, little black book rants.
And if you couldn't figure out that it was me posting even with MY PICTURE there then you are a bigger idiot that I thought and I think your a drooling retard.
Get off the pipe before the brain damage becomes permanent!
I ignored you because it become clear to me that you're an idiot with nothing to say. You've since show us you're an immature idiot with no concept of the words decency and integrity.

People who did what you did are the lowest life form the internet has. People who resort to antics like yours are the reason why the internet is a hostile and dangerous place.

Your behavior was cowardly. It was not normal. It was a form of violence. It was definitely predatory and pathological.

You disagree with my stand on same-sex marriage and homosexuality so you set out to hurt, humiliate, and destroy me -- not using reason and logic which are acceptable -- but by resorting to high tech terrorism which is unacceptable.

This kind of response is without question the same dynamic we get with people who place bombs on school buses and shoot up shopping malls -- they too are cowards convinced the end justifies the means.

Finally, the fact the gay members of this group cheered on your cowardly and destructive behavior tells us volumes about them too.

You can't get a silk purse from pig's ear.

Homosexuality is a pig's ear and -- thanks to spineless cowards like you, ELH -- present us with more evidence of this daily.

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do they say:
"This video was originally posted on YouTube. Earlier this year YouTube suddenly banned the video from its site, claiming it represented "hate speech." (YouTube is owned by Google, which marches in "Gay Pride" parades around the country.) MassResistance is pleased to re-post it here - complete with the YouTube logo!"
No mention of the "ban" being lifted.
BTW, it has the YouTube logo because it's on YouTube!
Face it, they are lying.
<quoted text>
I post clear proof that this site can't be trusted.
http://www.massresistance.org/docs/issues/sco...
They went out of their way to lie.
You flea-brained idiot -- the above is Exhibit A why no one takes anything you write seriously -- nothing you write ever rises above Justin Bieber chatroom fare.

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, really? You call people names, make false allegations about Gay men and NOW, seriously you are going to THREATEN someone because of information YOU gave........if you don't like the way people treat you......maybe you shouldn't treat them badly!!!
If you believe I'm breaking the rules why haven't you reported me?

I'll answer that for you -- because you know you don't have a leg to stand on.

In other words, put up or shut up -- report me or stop promoting the lie I'm in violation of Topix policy.

Backup your indictment with action or STFU.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

im kind of confused. is this a good thing for the gay community or not?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting how much physical deformed and mentally unbalance posters "MadassMelba" and "KiMAre" have in common. If I were a suspicious person I might even suspect that they are poorly developed characters in a badly written piece of fiction.
The only "twist" being that one had a "BFF" that died of AIDS the other is a "hemaphrodyte" with INTACT male AND female genitals... You would think that with this history these "women" would be OPEN MINDED about SSM yet BOTH are rabidly against it. Mysterious.
You bring up a interesting point.

I too wondered why a severe monster mutation (me), would honestly face my condition, while you, a belated lesbian continue to deny and gay twirl yours?

I think alcoholism is a good example. Most alcoholics spend their whole lives denying they have a problem. The few that do deal with it describe themselves as 'grateful alcoholics'. Their condition was too severe to deny. Facing the reality of it saved their lives.

As to your definition of 'open minded'; You viciously castigate those who do not take the single track to demanding everyone see your condition as normal. That is being 'open minded'???

My turn.

Why do you selectively choose information and reality? What are you afraid of?

Mysterious.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
There's no copy of any same sex marriage law older than 2001. Same sex marriage is fin de siècle folly.
Powerful!

In 8000 years of recorded human history where marriage laws appeared almost instantly, gays have barely 10 years. That screams abnormality!

Thanks for the info.

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Powerful!
In 8000 years of recorded human history where marriage laws appeared almost instantly, gays have barely 10 years. That screams abnormality!
Thanks for the info.
It's actually worse than that ...

In 8000 years of recorded history no one ever asked for same-sex marriage. None of the hundreds of great thinkers who were supposedly gay asked for it -- Oscar Wilde, Da Vinci -- none of them even hinted this is what they wanted.

In other words, unlike slavery, women's suffrage, etc, same-sex marriage has no history whatsoever -- it's an artifact of gay thinking no earlier than 1990.

Meanwhile -- like gay bathhouses -- we're assured no possible harm can come from it -- and like gay bathhouses, there straight morons who believe this.
Reality

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Powerful!
Thanks for the info.
Please do show these 8000 year old marriage laws.
Reality

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually worse than that ...
In 8000 years of recorded history no one ever asked for same-sex marriage. None of the hundreds of great thinkers who were supposedly gay asked for it -- Oscar Wilde, Da Vinci -- none of them even hinted this is what they wanted.
In other words, unlike slavery, women's suffrage, etc, same-sex marriage has no history whatsoever -- it's an artifact of gay thinking no earlier than 1990.
Meanwhile -- like gay bathhouses -- we're assured no possible harm can come from it -- and like gay bathhouses, there straight morons who believe this.
The first historical mention of the performance of same-sex marriages occurred during the early Roman Empire.[76] For instance, Emperor Nero is reported to have engaged in a marriage ceremony with one of his male slaves. Emperor Elagabalus "married" a Carian slave named Hierocles.[77] These were usually reported in a critical or satirical manner.[78] It should be noted, however, that conubium existed only between a civis Romanus and a civis Romana (that is, between a male Roman citizen and a female Roman citizen), so that a so-called marriage between two Roman males (or with a slave) would have no legal standing in Roman law (apart, presumably, from the arbitrary will of the emperor in the two aforementioned cases).[79] Furthermore, "matrimonium is an institution involving a mother, mater. The idea implicit in the word is that a man takes a woman in marriage, in matrimonium ducere, so that he may have children by her."[80] Still, the lack of legal validity notwithstanding, there is a consensus among modern historians that same-sex relationships existed in ancient Rome, but the exact frequency and nature of "same-sex unions" during that period is obscure.[81] In 342 AD Christian emperors Constantius II and Constans issued a law in the Theodosian Code (C. Th. 9.7.3) prohibiting same-sex marriage in Rome and ordering execution for those so married.[82]

A same-sex marriage between the two men Pedro Díaz and Muño Vandilaz in the Galician municipality of Rairiz de Veiga in Spain occurred on 16 April 1061. They were married by a priest at a small chapel. The historic documents about the church wedding were found at Monastery of San Salvador de Celanova

Not one person, not one???
Dude

Newark, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Powerful!
Thanks for the info.
Source?

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Straight morons who support gay marriage want us to believe men who parade up and down Main Street in penis suits and erect penis hats know what's good for society -- and most especially, your kids!

Straight morons who support same-sex marriage tell us the gay men who published the Little Black Book -- and were busted handing it out to underage kids -- can be trusted to be Boy Scouts Leaders.

Speaking of Boy Scouts, why are gay men so desperate to become Boy Scout leaders?

Why is that one of the top demands of the LGBT agenda?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe I'm breaking the rules why haven't you reported me?
I'll answer that for you -- because you know you don't have a leg to stand on.
In other words, put up or shut up -- report me or stop promoting the lie I'm in violation of Topix policy.
Backup your indictment with action or STFU.
First off.....who's to say I haven't? Just because I don't post it like you are doing, doesn't mean I couldn't have done it........but frankly, your not worth the energy to complain about!!!

Secondly.......are you aware of just what it takes to report someone on topix? Not a lot and again, you're simply not worth that energy!!!

Thirdly........I said you call people names, make false allegations against Gay men........both are true and the moderators already see that........maybe in case you hadn't noticed, this thread was gone for about 6 hours the other day!!!

And if ANYONE should STFU......it should probably be you!!!

Now, go bl@w something!!!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2012

Judged:

Prof Marvel wrote:
Straight morons who support gay marriage want us to believe men who parade up and down Main Street in penis suits and erect penis hats know what's good for society -- and most especially, your kids!
Straight morons who support same-sex marriage tell us the gay men who published the Little Black Book -- and were busted handing it out to underage kids -- can be trusted to be Boy Scouts Leaders.
Speaking of Boy Scouts, why are gay men so desperate to become Boy Scout leaders?
Why is that one of the top demands of the LGBT agenda?
Still repeating that "handed out" lie, eh? tsk, tsk, tsk...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Pasadena News Video

•••
•••

Pasadena Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE