Cockfighting trial continues for rooster breeder

A defense attorney Monday challenged circumstantial evidence a McKinleyville rooster breeding operation was linked to a cockfighting ring. Full Story
Taxpayer

Eureka, CA

#22 Apr 14, 2009
rob95519 wrote:
<quoted text>hands down its the federal government
Yeah, I would have to agree, its the Feds.

Mel, you raise so many illogical points with your last rant, I will have to wait until after dinner to resond.
vic mackey

Oakland, CA

#24 Apr 14, 2009
I thought C*ck fighting only happened in San Francisco
Kid Eureka

Pittsburg, KS

#25 Apr 14, 2009
We have an Oakland Obot posting here that would beg to differ..
anon

Eureka, CA

#29 Apr 15, 2009
I wonder how much of the fighting paraphanailia was currently in use given that the last trophey was dated 1994. I'd heard it was all from the father, now dead, and has been sitting rusting for years.
mel

Redwood City, CA

#30 Apr 15, 2009
FACTS: it's a TOTAL LIE / propaganda & myth that " Gamefowls Must HAve human attached element or weapons, knives for them to fight" once hit maturity, even without weapons/knives/medecine/traini ng, gamefowl chickens will Kill each other in a slow brutal death, even u let them loose football field apart , and here we go again ur comparing a pit bull to gamefowls, yes, ur pitbull gien that they are not train to be vicious and in good family environment, Dogs can stare at each other BUt NOT GAMEFOWLS.( Get ur facts rights again)
I don't "believe in " dogfighting,, DOGS need to be artificially train to be vicious to fight , u don't see untrain dogs once hit maturity will kill each other....gamefowl is purely instinct once it hit maturity.. it's not for me to judge to legalize dog F or not ..and we are not a nation who eats millions of dog meat! but chickens we do eat in multi millions! this is what i meant comparing apples to oranges...
Taxpayer wrote:
OK Mel,
It is obvious you are passionate about this subject.
I will try and clarify my position and address some of your points.
First off, I agree with you that as far as crimes go, fighting chickens is pretty low on the list of crimes I want to see my government spending tax dollars persuing and prosecuting. However, you keep referring to prosecuting "law abiding citizens", which obviously they are not. It is ILLEGAL to fight chickens Mel. If you want to try and change that law, more power to you, but for now, it is illegal. As far as wasting the taxpayer's monies, I feel it is Mr. Christie who is wasting our monies. Why isn't he man enough to admit to what he was doing and defend his actions. If he had pled guilty, we would not be "wasting" all that money on his prosecution.
Yes, lions and bears kill each other and other animals in the wild. Nature is harsh. This is far different that putting animals together to fight for our entertainment. You are the one comparing apples to oranges when comparing killing in nature to killing for human entertainment.
You claim you would not be in favor of legalizing dog fighting and I find that hypocritical of you. I could just as easily argue that pit bulls are biologically predisposed to fight other dogs. Pit bulls also use their natural, god-given weapons while chickens must have human-made fighting implements attached to them for the fight. You say chickens "have a choice" to fight. The same argument can be applied to dogs. They don't HAVE to fight, they could both just sit there and stare at each other. The "choice" argument is pretty weak Mel.
Killing animals for food is different than killing them for sport. Just because I eat an animal does not mean I do not appreciate it and do not care what kind of treatment it receives.
The simple fact is you like fighting chickens. You think it is fun. The majority of the population of America thinks it is a cruel and barbaric practice and it will remain illegal until you convince the population otherwise.
Another point you are getting confused on is that you think because a chicken is your personal property, you can do whatever you please to it. I am a staunch supporter of personal freedoms (believe it or not), but we have many laws protecting animal rights. If you want to argue that chickens are your property and you can do with them what you want, then you have to argue the same for dogs, cats, horses, etc, or you quickly become a hypocrite.
As to your points about animal groups being the biggest terrorist threat to America... what can I say... you are sounding a bit over the edge with that one. I am certainly no fan of PETA, but the biggest terrorist threat to America????? I think I would still have to choose radical Muslim extremists, or perhaps the Federal Government.. I can't quite decide which is more dangerous to our freedoms.
rob95519

Arcata, CA

#31 Apr 15, 2009
vic mackey wrote:
I thought C*ck fighting only happened in San Francisco
were talking c*ck fighting not c*ck rubbing
Chicken Abuse

Eureka, CA

#32 Apr 15, 2009
Is it true that some of the good old boys sodomize the chickens before the fights, just to get them all fired up to fight?
For the record

Eureka, CA

#33 Apr 15, 2009
Anything that involves fat, old men sitting around drinking, smoking, and spitting, is not a sport.
anonymous

United States

#34 Apr 16, 2009
Did anyone hear that the district attorney threatened Mr. Christie's witness??? yes, infact she left the court room crying. Does anyone think there is a problem here? Maybe the paper will write something about that tomorrow. Good Luck Ray...There are many good people on your side. Todd Fulton needs to lose his position with the Dept.
wipe

Lapel, IN

#35 Apr 28, 2009
censorship ???wheres post 27 etc?
lois wilson

Covina, CA

#36 Apr 28, 2009
Cockfighting. It's a sword crossing disease.
really now

Lapel, IN

#37 Apr 28, 2009
crack fighting, its a manila disease
semper fi

Redwood City, CA

#38 Apr 29, 2009
Attn: Taxpayers

Please help us Stop organize syndicates Stealing Multi Millions of TAXPAYERS money by OVERBILLING and Bogus fees on NON-PERFORMED Service charge to ur city.

$$.3 million dollars of TAXPAYERS money was stolen in the city of san mateo, california by OVERBILLING the city and BOGUS FEES on NON-PERFORMED SERVICES charge by terrorist hsus.

Please call/wrie/email ur complaint to ur local " city attorneys office " and demand a investigation and prosecute ur local terrorist hsus for Overbilling and charging ur city with BOGUS FEES on NON-PERFORMED services..
Have city attorney's review & reconcile all fees charge by ur local terrorist hsus for the last 10- 20 yrs..it's a multi million dollar scam to defraud taxpayers money...
semper fi

Redwood City, CA

#39 Apr 29, 2009
IMAGINE how much taxpayers money terrorist hsus are stealing by overbilling in every city, nationwide?

$ 4.3 million of taxpayers money , in 1 (one) city!
Dayman

Covina, CA

#40 May 4, 2009
really now wrote:
crack fighting, its a manila disease
Kook fighting. Its a Samon....MANILAAAAAHHH! disease
david scott

Guntersville, AL

#41 May 19, 2009
you dont train them to fight dumbasses and you dont force them to neither think about it do you think you could train a chicken they have a brain as big or smaller than my pinkey. they fight when they hit maturity trust me i know this i have been raised with game chickens all my life and trust me you dont train them to fight but dog fighting is cruel you have to train them but to all those people out there who says that cockfighting isn't a sport and says were all evil for doing it think about that when you catch a fish and throw it back in the water i bet that hook hurts and all those people who go hunting and put the deer on their wall yall are just some sick fucks i bet that deer didnt want to get shot so dont judge me and i wont judge you
Little Red Rooster

Hayward, CA

#42 May 19, 2009
So, ya like to play with c@cks?
david scott

Guntersville, AL

#43 May 20, 2009
So, ya like to play with c@cks? that was so funny no is the answer i like to play with chickens but your mom really loves to play with c@cks she said she love mine its white and has a read head oh little red rooster tell your mom to give me back my clothes i think i left them in the floor in her room please tell her. i left my favorite chickenfighting shirt over their
Little Red Rooster

Hayward, CA

#44 May 20, 2009
david scott wrote:
So, ya like to play with c@cks? that was so funny no is the answer i like to play with chickens but your mom really loves to play with c@cks she said she love mine its white and has a read head oh little red rooster tell your mom to give me back my clothes i think i left them in the floor in her room please tell her. i left my favorite chickenfighting shirt over their
Yea, you are a sick puppy aren't you? Go choke yer chicken with all the other chicken-torturing, red-neck, toothless, fat losers.
semper fi

Redwood City, CA

#45 May 20, 2009
hsus/peta are Breeding ground for Terrorist extremist, Ex-con, and people with Emotional & Mental Issues that are not Fit to roam our community with police powers! Just Facts on a recent investigation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 44 min Trojan 28,710
Chino Hills teacher suspected of having sex wit... (Jun '10) 9 hr RalfMalf 124
Red Cross Home Fire Prevention Campaign Comes t... 20 hr jstrong196 2
Montclair police told to make cuts or face layoffs (Jun '09) Mon decade resident 16
Inland Valley schools show slight gains in stat... (Aug '10) Jan 22 MaltaMon 10
Montebello officers file claim over alleged enf... (Jul '10) Jan 21 watchful eye 53
Council rejects Kare offer (Sep '08) Jan 20 Madonna 258

Pasadena News Video

Pasadena Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:53 am PST