Carmel doctor arrested for alleged as...

Carmel doctor arrested for alleged assault

There are 189 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Apr 15, 2009, titled Carmel doctor arrested for alleged assault. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

A Carmel doctor has been arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman, sheriff's deputies said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

A Female Friend

Pacific Grove, CA

#80 Apr 21, 2009
I have been a friend of Carl's for about 14 years now. Not a former patient. I have seen Carl sober and I have seen Carl having drinks at home and at restaurants in the presence of female company. I have always observed Carl being respectful towards everyone. It's no secret Carl likes women and likes to have a good time. But, that does not make him an abuser. I obviously was not there that night and only Carl and the woman know what happened. I am not judging either way. I have been out at times when Carl has been there and when some of the women find out that he is a Doctor, they drop what they are doing and gravitate to him. What reason? You guess.

Doctors and others of means are a prime target for a setup. Most of the time it works. You can slam me all you want, but I am only saying what I have observed. I were to go to someones house at that time of night, just the two of us, it wouldn't be for milk and cookies. I would have a good idea what it was all about. However, if he did something that was against my morals or my will, I would certainly leave the house immediately and run as far and as fast as I could, not stay in his front yard, or the ditch I think it said. Anyway, we shall see.
Marie

San Jose, CA

#81 Apr 21, 2009
Honesty, Your over the top. Anyone can log on and say whatever they want. You could be a friend or relative of the female accusing the doctor. I find your comments a figment of your imagination.
Marie

San Jose, CA

#82 Apr 21, 2009
JWJ wrote:
Why is this crap in the paper anyway? It's easy for unscrupulous woman to ruin someone's reputation.
Dr. Carls reputation is in the gutter now but zero proof has been presented.
Typical, i may add.
Woman can say anything and usually people believe them.
I was beaten, he stalked me, he abused me, blah, blah, blah....
Most of the time, it ****.
Just a ploy. 80% seems like an accurate figure.
interesting what your sayin
LCD

Salinas, CA

#83 Apr 22, 2009
Wake up wrote:
How can you all say this women is lying?? Thats disgusting. And as a matter of fact i have met this man, and he may be a great in the office- but have you had him approach you at the bar? He's a creep and a town drunk. AND maybe she did welcome sex by entering his home after some drinks but NOT to be attacked or sodomized. Remember there still is that 20%.
Someone wrote "One night stand gone bad" NO ****- people now a days have one night stands (unfortunately). But does that mean once you enter his/her home they can abuse your body at there discretion?
Either way no one commenting on here was present so stop make accusations that this girl is lying.
YOU ARE RIGHT. WHY WOULD SOMEONE LIE ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS? IT IS A HORRIBLE FOR SITUATION FOR THE VICTIM. IF IT WAS ME I WOULD HAVE KICKED HIM REAL HARD YOU KNOW WHERE!
Guilty

Saratoga, CA

#84 Apr 22, 2009
Gemstone: Please seek professional help!
betterthantv

Salinas, CA

#85 Apr 22, 2009
Guilty wrote:
Gemstone: Please seek professional help!
she obviously has already sought professional help
from "doctor" bergstrom!
Miranda

San Jose, CA

#88 Apr 22, 2009
Gemstone, ignore the idiots. They have no life !
Tell the truth

San Jose, CA

#89 Apr 22, 2009
Brenda wrote:
I hope people don't take this news article to heart as a fact because Dr. Bergstrom is in fact a fantastic physician and his ability to serve his patients is of the upmost excellence. His 20+ plus years of experience speaks for itself. Most everyone who has been a patient of his is very loyal to him. This just seems like a setup. He wouldn't do such a thing.
that is the truth, Lady.
Doctors vs God part 2

San Francisco, CA

#90 Apr 23, 2009
Do you all know that Dr. Bergstrom was assessing patients at the hospital in the middle of the night reeking of alcohol, staggering, stammering, and hitting on the staff?? AND he was reprimanded for it, losing priveledges there for some time??
He is careless and arrogant.
eleve

Pacific Grove, CA

#91 Apr 23, 2009
Doctors vs God part 2 wrote:
Do you all know that Dr. Bergstrom was assessing patients at the hospital in the middle of the night reeking of alcohol, staggering, stammering, and hitting on the staff?? AND he was reprimanded for it, losing priveledges there for some time??
He is careless and arrogant.
What you say may be true but please tell us: Who benefits from you saying it here?
Doctors vs God part 2

San Francisco, CA

#92 Apr 23, 2009
I just can't stand reading all these people glorifying a doctor who has built for HIMSELF a bad reputation. No one else had to ruin it for him...
GEMSTONE

San Jose, CA

#93 Apr 23, 2009
THERE YOU GO AGAIN, MAKING SO MUCH SENSE... AGREE WITH YOUR COMMENT. HOWEVER, IT MAY 'NOT' BE TRUE. WHAT THIS COMMENTER IS ALLEGING...... JUST ANOTHER ALLEGED COMMENT, WHETHER FABRICATED, OR PERHAPS MAY HAVE MERIT., BUT.... WHATS THE POINT WITH ANOTHER FRIVOLOUS UNMERITED COMMENT, AND WHO KNOWS WHERE THE FRIGGIN HECK ITS COMING FROM..
GO AHEAD YOU PEOPLE, ATTACK ME AGAIN FOR SAYING SAYING MY FEELING \\\ ALEVE, YOU ARE THE MOST SENSIBLE OF ALL YOUR PEOPLE.
GEMSTONE

San Jose, CA

#94 Apr 23, 2009
eleve wrote:
<quoted text>
What you say may be true but please tell us: Who benefits from you saying it here?
ALEVE: JUST MADE A COMMENT TO YOU, BUT IT WASN'T INSERTED IN THE SPACE HERE. IT WILL APPEAR A MINUTE AGO... "THE GEMSTONE"
GEMSTONE

San Jose, CA

#95 Apr 23, 2009
GEMSTONE wrote:
THERE YOU GO AGAIN, MAKING SO MUCH SENSE... AGREE WITH YOUR COMMENT. HOWEVER, IT MAY 'NOT' BE TRUE. WHAT THIS COMMENTER IS ALLEGING...... JUST ANOTHER ALLEGED COMMENT, WHETHER FABRICATED, OR PERHAPS MAY HAVE MERIT., BUT.... WHATS THE POINT WITH ANOTHER FRIVOLOUS UNMERITED COMMENT, AND WHO KNOWS WHERE THE FRIGGIN HECK ITS COMING FROM..
GO AHEAD YOU PEOPLE, ATTACK ME AGAIN FOR SAYING SAYING MY FEELING \\\ ALEVE, YOU ARE THE MOST SENSIBLE OF ALL YOUR PEOPLE.
MEANT TO SAY,'OF ALL YOU PEOPLE'..
GEMSTONE

San Jose, CA

#96 Apr 23, 2009
Doctors vs God part 2 wrote:
Do you all know that Dr. Bergstrom was assessing patients at the hospital in the middle of the night reeking of alcohol, staggering, stammering, and hitting on the staff?? AND he was reprimanded for it, losing priveledges there for some time??
He is careless and arrogant.
LIES, LIES LIES,
DON'T HIT A MAN WHEN HE'S DOWN. SHAMFUL.. DONT LIE ..
GEMSTONE

San Jose, CA

#98 Apr 23, 2009
Angelina wrote:
I'm sure when the case comes out in court that the truth will prevail.
YES
Doctors vs God part 2

San Francisco, CA

#99 Apr 23, 2009
It isn't a lie...call CHOMP, I am sure they have to give out information regarding the status of the doctors who have had priveledges there. Or call the Medical Board, they might have some info to support what I am saying. Ask the CEO of CHOMP, as a concerned community member, I'm sure he will be able to give you some info regarding the incident to which I refer. It's no lie, and no joke. CHOMP is a wonderful hospital, that's why I commend them for suspending Dr Bergstrom's priveledges then, and now also.
Marie

San Jose, CA

#100 Apr 24, 2009
Doctors vs God part 2 wrote:
It isn't a lie...call CHOMP, I am sure they have to give out information regarding the status of the doctors who have had priveledges there. Or call the Medical Board, they might have some info to support what I am saying. Ask the CEO of CHOMP, as a concerned community member, I'm sure he will be able to give you some info regarding the incident to which I refer. It's no lie, and no joke. CHOMP is a wonderful hospital, that's why I commend them for suspending Dr Bergstrom's priveledges then, and now also.
And who are you, Nurse Betty?
AKA-Marvin

Marina, CA

#101 Apr 24, 2009
"According to the state's medical board, Bergstrom has been a licensed physician in California since 1987. He graduated from the Mayo Medical School two years earlier.

No information of administrative or disciplinary action taken against Bergstrom was found on the board's Web site." Monterey County Herald"
04/15/09

Just wanted to point out this information that was printed in the Herald, I hope they would have checked ALL there facts. Food for thought.
Foglifter

Salinas, CA

#102 Apr 24, 2009
Doctors vs God part 2 wrote:
It isn't a lie...call CHOMP, I am sure they have to give out information regarding the status of the doctors who have had priveledges there. Or call the Medical Board, they might have some info to support what I am saying. Ask the CEO of CHOMP, as a concerned community member, I'm sure he will be able to give you some info regarding the incident to which I refer. It's no lie, and no joke. CHOMP is a wonderful hospital, that's why I commend them for suspending Dr Bergstrom's priveledges then, and now also.
Please do the research... You'll find that he was not suspended in either account as both leaves of absence were voluntary. Please get your facts straight before you start blasting away at an "accused" man before he has been convicted of anything. I wonder if you think you're God with your judgemental inaccurate accusations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 48 min Here pharters 33,082
News Code enforcement using new citation and collect... (Feb '10) 8 hr Jeri perdue 21
News These nails are bedazzled in all kinds of metal... 12 hr Spotted Girl 7
News Co-owner of illegal marijuana dispensary in Gra... (May '10) Sat Leeroy baca GOT IT 53
News Medical marijuana advocates speak out on Prop. 19 (Oct '10) Fri machine 94 89
News Reward Doubles to Help Find Missing South Pasad... May 17 toejammer 1
News Dept. of Education: Some bullying violates fede... (Oct '10) May 11 Moes626 6

Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pasadena Mortgages