The world's greatest music

The world's greatest music

There are 2 comments on the Pasadena Weekly story from Dec 22, 2011, titled The world's greatest music. In it, Pasadena Weekly reports that:

While I'm mostly inclined to listen to what is called "classical music," upon occasion other musical genres have proven enticing and powerful.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Weekly.

Since: Sep 11

Pasadena, CA

#1 Dec 25, 2011
The term "classical" music is a misnomer. "Classical" refers to a certain time period in music...from approximately 1750-1830, and overlaps with what is called the "romantic" period. I prefer the terms symphonic or chamber music to describe music...both terms cross all periods of music, and make a general reference to the size of the ensemble (chamber ensembles are smaller and used in more intimate settings; symphonic ensembles are larger).
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#2 Dec 25, 2011

I'm with you dnaden...

And since you are in Pasadena, I invite you to tune to KOLA, FM 99.9 from San Bernardino. They definitely play the best classics (rock classics, that is).

When I had the urge for some symphonic or chamber music, I tuned to FM 91.5, the USC radio station. They have a good to very good taste, however .... they talk a lot. It feels like everybody at the USC station is advertising him/herself as a 'wise' fella.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Powell Editor Journal Inquirer investigat... 3 min LAKingsRule 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 32,334
News San Pedro drive-by shooting appears to be gang-... (May '09) 2 hr DesireeMGoopio_Es... 210
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr agree 20,506
News Long Beach man pleads no contest in student's m... (Sep '09) Mon You are all stupid 45
News La Mirada doctor charged with sexual battery (Mar '10) Aug 24 tellinitlikeitis 61
News Five Glendale police officers file suit against... (Jan '10) Aug 24 Susan 535

Pasadena Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pasadena Mortgages