LA Unified teacher allegedly caught growing pot

There are 23 comments on the Pasadena Star-News story from Sep 30, 2009, titled LA Unified teacher allegedly caught growing pot. In it, Pasadena Star-News reports that:

LA CA&#209ADA FLINTRIDGE - Deputies investigating an alleged hammer assault happened upon a marijuana-growing operation and arrested a Los Angeles Unified School District high school teacher on suspicion of growing weed, authorities said Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Star-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nadji

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#1 Sep 30, 2009
The sad part of it is LAUSD won't be able to fire this jerk because UTLA and CTA will howl about unfairness. Just wait and watch. The filthy union communists will see to it that he gets returned to a classroom with back pay.
former student

United States

#2 Sep 30, 2009
Nadji wrote:
The sad part of it is LAUSD won't be able to fire this jerk because UTLA and CTA will howl about unfairness. Just wait and watch. The filthy union communists will see to it that he gets returned to a classroom with back pay.
he's not a jerk, i was one of his students just this year. everyone though he was a nice and helpful teacher. sometimes people react without thinking, and it shouldnt completely ruin his life.
A Pasadena Mom

Pasadena, CA

#3 Oct 1, 2009
He should only get in trouble for the amounts over his allowances. He went about it the right way and got a doctor recommendation.

Take back your rights to your own healthcare! Stay down Teach!
Some MOE 4 U

Richardson, TX

#4 Oct 1, 2009
Bong it.
-------abc

Montebello, CA

#5 Oct 1, 2009
Well,let`s see.We have to see what kind of vehicle he owns to believe his "MEDICAL" excuse.If he is driving a beat up car ,I would believe his medical need.It cost to much to maintain an expensive car.And yes ,LAUSD will only transfer him to another location.Instead of having people grow their own "medicine" ,there should be an allotment center where it can be under CONTROL!!! Otherwise it is going to get uglier than a hammer weapon for control.I wish Telephone records would be the first things to get investigated.We will just have to wait for the next chapter of this article.
Resident

La Puente, CA

#6 Oct 1, 2009
former student wrote:
<quoted text>
he's not a jerk, i was one of his students just this year. everyone though he was a nice and helpful teacher. sometimes people react without thinking, and it shouldnt completely ruin his life.
yes, I agree we need to think before we react. Apparently this teacher did not think before he tried to hit his neighbor with a hammer. He also did not think before he started to cultivate pot in his house...which is clearly illegal if its over a certain amount. He might have been nice to you but go ask his neighbor if he is nice...
welcome to the real world...things are not always as they seem.
twenty something

Burbank, CA

#7 Oct 1, 2009
he's allowed to grow it and keep it, he can even sell it back to the centers...to make cash, it's the law. he just had to much.. like a pasadena mom said, he should only get in trouble for the amounts over his allowances.. oh and for attacking his neighbor with a hammer.
Martina McSorley

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Oct 1, 2009
Don't give a rat's patootie about the pot...it should be legal for god's sake. Throwing a hammer at your neighbor? That's an actual crime.
Resident

La Puente, CA

#9 Oct 1, 2009
Martina McSorley wrote:
Don't give a rat's patootie about the pot...it should be legal for god's sake. Throwing a hammer at your neighbor? That's an actual crime.
Doesn't matter what you "give a rat's patootie about" its still illegal!
We have laws and the public needs to abide by them...if you don't like the law then please go and lobby to change them...but you still need to abide by them.
LA Resident

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Oct 1, 2009
I guess LAUSD students do learn afterall...
Warren

Van Nuys, CA

#11 Oct 1, 2009
Legalize it!
Warren

Van Nuys, CA

#12 Oct 1, 2009
If you going to grow marijuana, don't do something like chasing your neighbor with a hammer.\

MARIJUANA SHOULD BE LEGALIZED!!!!

“NEVER ADRIFT OR AFFLICTED”

Since: Mar 09

S Arcadia, Next to Temple City

#13 Oct 1, 2009
Not surprising, a pot head teacher. Unfortunately, there are many.

He should be fired, but he probably won't working in that screwed up LA School District.
Straight Arrow

Rancho Mirage, CA

#14 Oct 2, 2009
Why aren't school teachers drug tested? Is it because it would cost the state too much money. How many of you teachers out there have EVER been randomly drug tested?
Escape CA

United States

#15 Oct 2, 2009
Straight Arrow wrote:
Why aren't school teachers drug tested? Is it because it would cost the state too much money. How many of you teachers out there have EVER been randomly drug tested?
I've been tested, but not randomly. Start drug testing teachers, then we should drug test nurses, plant managers, computer programmers, truck drivers, manufacturing plant workers, garbage haulers, oh... hell, let's just drug test everybody all the time. It'll be great. I can be the supervisor. I'll stand next to you so you won't cheat while you piss in a bottle. Then, you can sit there and watch while I take your urine and run it through the lab tests to decide whether you're in any technical violation of urine contents. Then, I'll publicize the report.

#16 Oct 2, 2009
Escape CA wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been tested, but not randomly. Start drug testing teachers, then we should drug test nurses, plant managers, computer programmers, truck drivers, manufacturing plant workers, garbage haulers, oh... hell, let's just drug test everybody all the time. It'll be great. I can be the supervisor. I'll stand next to you so you won't cheat while you **** in a bottle. Then, you can sit there and watch while I take your urine and run it through the lab tests to decide whether you're in any technical violation of urine contents. Then, I'll publicize the report.
Many people in certain occupations should be drug tested; like teachers, law enforcement officers, truck drivers, where drug impairment could affect others.
Resident

La Puente, CA

#17 Oct 2, 2009
Escape CA wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been tested, but not randomly. Start drug testing teachers, then we should drug test nurses, plant managers, computer programmers, truck drivers, manufacturing plant workers, garbage haulers, oh... hell, let's just drug test everybody all the time. It'll be great. I can be the supervisor. I'll stand next to you so you won't cheat while you **** in a bottle. Then, you can sit there and watch while I take your urine and run it through the lab tests to decide whether you're in any technical violation of urine contents. Then, I'll publicize the report.
Most of those professions already are tested, when you first apply for a job.
Escape CA

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Oct 3, 2009
Top Turkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people in certain occupations should be drug tested; like teachers, law enforcement officers, truck drivers, where drug impairment could affect others.
In what job would drug impairment NOT affect others?

#19 Oct 3, 2009
Escape CA wrote:
<quoted text>
In what job would drug impairment NOT affect others?
Off the top of my head, not many. I guess if you worked at home doing something by yourself all loaded up, no one else would be harmed (except maybe family).

#20 Oct 3, 2009
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of those professions already are tested, when you first apply for a job.
But afterwords, they do their dope and get high, which very well could be a danger to others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pasadena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 27 min El Modelos Maxim 2,533
News All Los Angeles County Jails on Lockdown (Feb '06) 2 hr BUDSMOKER1503OC 1,712
News Uncertainty looms for PUSD after voters reject ... (May '10) Sat Rupert punch 211
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri tom wingo 29,760
News Boulder Creek couple arrested in child sex abus... (Jan '10) May 21 Yourepathetic 61
News The leg end of Turnbull Canyon (Feb '08) May 21 Chalsae Clitton 191
News Drought becomes focus of Earth Day in California May 20 fiber one 27
More from around the web

Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]