Novato crash on San Marin Drive sends 2 to hospital

Full story: Marin Independent Journal

A single-car crash on San Marin Drive sent two occupants to Marin County hospitals and blocked traffic on streets north of downtown Novato on Wednesday afternoon.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of171
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sad

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 2, 2009
 
Mr Ed wrote:
maybe they were rushing to Fireman's Fund to purchase some car insurance ?
That is not a funny statement as i was there minutes after the wreck and got film. Hope they both live
Voter

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 2, 2009
 
Scary, I pray they are ok.
BUDDY BOY

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 2, 2009
 
This is the lamest thread I've seen since, well, the last thread I saw...
Parent of teens

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 2, 2009
 
How sad that there are "funny people" making such comments... Parents I am the mom of a teen who knows the teen driver & occupant, please lets take this chance to again caution our kids about safe driving, while we have the chance....
Koalabear2525

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 2, 2009
 
so lets take the bus train will get from point a to point b some day do not know when but some time
WE THE

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 2, 2009
 
the felon cop mc carthy still working fpr npd

i wonder whats the limits of a citzen arrest for his crimes are?
yee

Petaluma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 2, 2009
 
i saw it right when it happened,horrible!!!
Do not be fooled

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 2, 2009
 
Anyone know if they lived?
novato parent

Los Gatos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 2, 2009
 
There but for the grace of God we as parents go. Send your prayers to this family. And give your children a hug.....
Lindsay

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 2, 2009
 
Yet another senseless horrific accident involving teen drivers and speed in less than one week.
Michael

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 2, 2009
 
Parent of teens wrote:
How sad that there are "funny people" making such comments... Parents I am the mom of a teen who knows the teen driver & occupant, please lets take this chance to again caution our kids about safe driving, while we have the chance....
You make a good point. Unfortunately, kids don't listen.
lisa

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 2, 2009
 
3rd's the charm - When are people going to slow fricking down on San Marin Drive. What the hell is it going to take - 2 deaths in less than a year maybe more now!!! HELLOOOOOO people.... What's the hurry???
Speed kills

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 2, 2009
 
Both are in the Hospital
SM Alumni

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 2, 2009
 
T Durden wrote:
<quoted text>
If natural selection takes them out, it's no one's fault but their own.
The car insurance comment was great. You have to laugh at people like this who cause single vehicle accidents -- I'm just glad they didn't take anyone else out in the process.
Seriously? Natural selection? You do not laugh at people who are now in critical condition in the hospital. I was in a car accident last year as a senior in high school and although I was unhurt and not driving, it is NOT a laughing matter. I live less than a block away from where the little girl was hit by a motorcycle and saw the aftermath of the incident. You may dismiss these teen accidents as reckless and stupid, but if someone you were close to got hurt like this I guarantee you would not dismiss it as natural selection. Show some damn sensitivity to the parents, friends, and classmates of these kids. Everyone's life has value. If you don't realize this by now then I feel very sorry for you sir.
Sm student

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 2, 2009
 
Reply Number 18, I couldn't agree with you more.

Those of you who are trying to make humorous comments and are saying negative things about this situation. Put yourself in the shoes of their family. Imagine if your son, or brother, or friend, or even someone that you knew...imagine if this happened to them you'd be devistated.

If you don't have anything positive to say keep it to yourself.

I will pray for these boys and keep positive thoughts.

No matter the situation, no one deserves this to happen to them.
Ambrosia

Ross, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 2, 2009
 
Yes, it's sad. But I'm darned happy no one else was taken out by these idiots.

Since: Jan 09

Novato, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 2, 2009
 
SM Alumni wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Natural selection? You do not laugh at people who are now in critical condition in the hospital. I was in a car accident last year as a senior in high school and although I was unhurt and not driving, it is NOT a laughing matter. I live less than a block away from where the little girl was hit by a motorcycle and saw the aftermath of the incident.
Exactly. So what makes these idiots any different from the drunken Harley riff raff that took out the father and daughter in the intersection? It very well could have been these guys in the Mustang instead of the Harley, but it just happened to end up as a single vehicle accident.

I went a little far with the natural selection bit and of course I'd like to see them pull through this and hopefully learn from the mistake, but they shouldn't have been racing through the neighborhood in the first place. This situation could easily have been much worse, and the kids basically did this to themselves.
Joanne

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 2, 2009
 
Drivers really need to focus on driving, and nothing else. The car is not just a vehicle for transportation. It is a machine when handled carelessly can cause great harm and as we can see, death. The rule of thumb is don't go faster than you can handle. Unless you are an experienced professional race driver, you most likely cannot handle the high speed cars are capable of going. I was behind a bmw several years ago. I can tell by the weaving and unsteady handling while that driver accelerated ahead me that he didn't have full control of his car. This was on a straightaway. Imagine adding a slight curve to that equation. I was smart enough to let him blow by me. I just stayed far back behind him and watch him try to take control of his weaving car. Such an idiot. Lucky someone wasn't crossing the street in front of him.
SM Alumni

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Dec 2, 2009
 
Sm student wrote:
Reply Number 18, I couldn't agree with you more.
Those of you who are trying to make humorous comments and are saying negative things about this situation. Put yourself in the shoes of their family. Imagine if your son, or brother, or friend, or even someone that you knew...imagine if this happened to them you'd be devistated.
If you don't have anything positive to say keep it to yourself.
I will pray for these boys and keep positive thoughts.
No matter the situation, no one deserves this to happen to them.
Exactly. It is ridiculous that people are calling these kids "idiots" and making jokes as they are fighting for their lives. An older man died on San Marin drive earlier this year because he lost control and hit a tree, and I didn't see anyone calling him an "idiot."Just because people are adolescents does not mean they are to be disrespected and categorized like this. People need to have some RESPECT, especially the adults in this community. It seems that the young people in Novato actually have a better sense of integrity than many of you.
SM Alumni

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Dec 2, 2009
 
T Durden wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. So what makes these idiots any different from the drunken Harley riff raff that took out the father and daughter in the intersection? It very well could have been these guys in the Mustang instead of the Harley, but it just happened to end up as a single vehicle accident.
I went a little far with the natural selection bit and of course I'd like to see them pull through this and hopefully learn from the mistake, but they shouldn't have been racing through the neighborhood in the first place. This situation could easily have been much worse, and the kids basically did this to themselves.
The drunken Harley man was just that: drunk. He also blew the stop sign and already had a record of drunken driving. It is highly unlikely that these kids were drunk at 12:30 PM on a school day. And I did not read anything in the article that said that the kids were "racing through the neighborhood." I drove that road 4 to 5 times a day when I had my license and lived at home. It is a dangerous road and even without speeding you are still going 45 MPH on that stretch around curves. Obviously the driver did something to lose control of the car, but no matter the cause of the accident and although it was a single car accident, there is no reason for this disrespect.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of171
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Pasadena News Video

•••
•••

Pasadena Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pasadena People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pasadena News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pasadena
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••