9-year-old Va boy dies in motorcycle ...

9-year-old Va boy dies in motorcycle crash - wtvr

There are 10 comments on the WTVR story from Oct 10, 2010, titled 9-year-old Va boy dies in motorcycle crash - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

ORANGE, Va. - A Virginia State Police spokesman says a 9-year-old boy has died in a motorcycle crash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

rockhad

Ruther Glen, VA

#1 Oct 10, 2010
It seems that the state troopers are just letting people speed more and more. I got a new Harlet Electraglide 4 weeks ago. I got ran off the road by a man that just changed lanes and didn't look signal or anything two weeks ago. I got very lucky! with minor injuries road burns and such. Since then I've riden a few times and people on 295 run 90 mph in packs. I've had cars just pull right out in front of me several times since then also. It's crazy how people just drive so aggressive like it's normal. Be very careful if you own a bike. You should drive more defensive than ever until the law realizes they need to crack done more I see allot more accidents involving motorcycles.
Ex Cycler

Chester, VA

#2 Oct 10, 2010
I stopped riding when texting and cell phones got so popular. I rode for 20 years and enjoyed every minute of it, but the world has changed and I lost my desire to ride with all the distractions that the motorist have these days. I don't think there is a single vehicle owner out there that doesn't either talk on the phone or text while driving. Be safe and wear your helmet!
VaGirl

United States

#3 Oct 10, 2010
That is horrible! I feel so bad for the family.

I agree with you rockhad. People drive absolutely nuts on the interstate. I avoid the interstate if I possibly can.

I've noticed there has been an increase in motorcycle accidents. People are too busy yapping on their cell phones or texting to pay attention to what is around them.
lynn

Chester, VA

#4 Oct 10, 2010
This is so sad. My heart breaks for this poor father. Everyone please pray for all involved.
DfM

Macon, NC

#5 Oct 10, 2010
My heart goes out to the family, especially the father. This is why I sold my Harley this year. There are too many distracted, careless idiots out there on the road now, and the pleasure of riding is just not worth the risk anymore.
57girl

Chester, VA

#6 Oct 10, 2010
So sad that father and son were out enjoying a beautiful day, only to end in such a tragic accident. My condolences to little Robert's family.
stan low va

Spotsylvania, VA

#7 Oct 10, 2010
It is sad that should happen and my heart goes out to the family.
I am just wandering if the state will charge him with vicular manslater or does the Va not care if a motorcyclest is killed.
El Profe

Chester, VA

#8 Oct 10, 2010
This child died because his father was doing the right thing: Spending quality time with him. What a sorrowful thing! The beast should get vehicular manslaughter and if he was texting have his thumb tips surgically removed.

I'll have to start carrying a brick. I ride to work everyday and it is comon to be cut off, encroached upon from behind and crossed in front of. I wear very visible full gear and still this is a common occurence. maybe I need aconcealed weapon's permit! If I'm ever stopped fro speeding on any Interstate I'll have to tell the officer that my life depended on being ahead, way ahead, of the animals in cages!
Jay

Washington, DC

#9 Oct 14, 2010
rockhad wrote:
It seems that the state troopers are just letting people speed more and more. I got a new Harlet Electraglide 4 weeks ago. I got ran off the road by a man that just changed lanes and didn't look signal or anything two weeks ago. I got very lucky! with minor injuries road burns and such. Since then I've riden a few times and people on 295 run 90 mph in packs. I've had cars just pull right out in front of me several times since then also. It's crazy how people just drive so aggressive like it's normal. Be very careful if you own a bike. You should drive more defensive than ever until the law realizes they need to crack done more I see allot more accidents involving motorcycles.
You can fix stupidity! I have great respect for the gonads of you guys who ride in Northern VA! It's dangerous enough on the roads in the country out in Culpeper County. The beltway? Forget that!
Lets not forget that as many as 50% of drivers between the ages of 16 and 30 send text messages at least once in a while....while driving! Some text and drive all the time...I've seen some girl doing it and swerving back in forth in her lane.
The teach you in the Motorcycle Safety Course to ride your motorcycle as if drivers can't see you. Nothing could be more true.
Spotsylvania Resident

United States

#10 Oct 17, 2010
Sadden to learn of such a Tragic Accident. I am sending my most heartfelt sympathy to your family at this time of such a loss. This has been a devastating life changing event in your lives. I am praying that God shows you the way to strength to endure the most trying times related to this loss.
I know you will ask your selves a thousand times over WHY? WHY? WHY?.. & while we never get the answer to that question.
Please know that support is vital in times as these, and I hope that you in due time you will get all the support that you need, as the road ahead is a difficult one.

God Bless

A Partlow Resident

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Partlow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boom goes the dynamite! Feb '17 Ima Dich 5
I'm about to me to Lake Land Or am I stupid? (Apr '08) Feb '17 fishinbuddy 53
Moving to Lake Land'or (Jun '09) Feb '17 Aqua Hater 12
I hate Caroline County (Jan '07) Jan '17 trapperdog 141
Lake Land'or GM (Jul '13) Jan '17 Jane Austen 12
looking for old friend (Jan '15) Jan '15 plz help 1
News Chills at the Haunted Hill (Jan '10) May '13 Haunt Lover 3

Partlow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance