Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 232079 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Hubbard

Nashville, TN

#171096 Apr 8, 2014
River Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's not Zack's status. it's his attorneys status.
I think you are on the right track here. My understanding is that the hearing only concerns the status of his legal representation.

I have not heard of a status hearing before but I imagine it is common and will be succinct and without the need for the defendant to be present.
Really

Union Mills, NC

#171097 Apr 8, 2014
Older Than Dirt wrote:
<quoted text>
IF not Hollys' body what else could he have to offer pertaining to this case? Any other thing about another case has no bargaining power at all.
Thank you on the the info. of Hubbard.
Possibly names of others involved, specifically the name of who killed her if he did not.
Names that helped cover this up for three years, ie LE, local politicians/bigwigs.
The body location is definitely a major bargaining chip but not the only one, IMO.

Look a squirrel
Abby

Lady Lake, FL

#171098 Apr 8, 2014
Why are there so many personal attacks? This is probably one of the very few discussions still open regarding this abduction/murder. Why not keep it moving forward. I've read some interesting, seemingly credible comments. Can we keep the personal attacks/agendas out of the conversation(s)?
Hubbard

Nashville, TN

#171099 Apr 8, 2014
Older Than Dirt wrote:
<quoted text>
IF not Hollys' body what else could he have to offer pertaining to this case? Any other thing about another case has no bargaining power at all.
Thank you on the the info. of Hubbard.
If Holly's remains have not been found, there is no doubt that will be the major bargaining chip. On the flip side, without her remains, does he need to bargain?

What else would he have to offer? Possibly incriminating others or collaborating testimony against others that is needed to prosecute. I suspect that others would have already provided that information in their own plea deals.

I only think he gets offered a plea if the lack of evidence warrants it. In that case, he can offer a shorter and cheaper trial.

As I posted earlier, if the DA has the evidence, they may want to pursue the death penalty based on the publicity and effort to bring this case to trial.
reddoggie

Farlington, KS

#171100 Apr 8, 2014
Hubbard wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are on the right track here. My understanding is that the hearing only concerns the status of his legal representation.
I have not heard of a status hearing before but I imagine it is common and will be succinct and without the need for the defendant to be present.
This is ZA hearing which will begin pre-trial motions. His Attorney will also state whether or not she will counsel him. I worked for a lawyer and his clients were required to be at the status hearings.

Since: Apr 11

I'm from 'Round Here

#171101 Apr 8, 2014
Lies Within wrote:
<quoted text>
That's absolutely laughable considering the icon coloring book can and is being manipulated by the multi posters! Only Foolish Sheep run with the crowd!
Sheep that wander off alone get attacked by hungry wolves, too!
Older Than Dirt

Sulphur Springs, TX

#171102 Apr 8, 2014
Hubbard wrote:
<quoted text>
Status hearings go on in every trail during said trial. The DA and the defense atty. continue to investigate during said trial. So yes, very common. The defendant must attend all status hearing unless sick or the judge agrees they can miss them. That is the law. I do hope this helps.
myname

Gallatin, TN

#171103 Apr 8, 2014
I think that Amber probably told what she knew from 2nd hand counts but they need 1st hand knowledge. That's where Autry and DA come in. I think it very well could have been Autry that talked first and then DA caved also. Then again it could have been DA 1st and then Autry decided he might as well get a deal also since it was all coming down. I think both have definitely talked tho. I wonder if ZA will refuse a plea since he thinks he is above the law and can get away with anything.

Since: Apr 11

I'm from 'Round Here

#171104 Apr 8, 2014
Watching17 wrote:
I think SA is listed under an alias, in Big Springs, TX.
Big Spring?

Since: Aug 12

United States

#171105 Apr 8, 2014
JER29 wrote:
<quoted text>
JA took out an ad in the local paper stating he was sorry for his crimes and his conversion was the reason for it. This conversion took place spring or summer of 2013, so why wait until 2014 to talk? JA was/is also a member of the Aryan Brotherhood, has he denoucned his involvement with this group? Is it true Shayne is also a member of the the same group?
Whose to say that Autry waited until 2014 to talk? Of course most of us only can speculate due to our not having all the facts therefor its just my speculative opinion. With that said, I don't know that it wasn't until 2014 that Autry "talked". I believe he very well could have been "talking" for months prior to the huge developments we saw take place in late Feb/March. As I mentioned in my previous post I believe that Autry's word, alone, would not be sufficient probable cause for LE to procure those search warrants relating to Zach Adams. Therefor, Autry could have been "talking" for some months prior, and that it was when Dylan Adams "talked" and corroborated specific, critical details of Autry's account that gave authorities sufficient probable cause and therefor able to actually progress forward with search warrants relating to Zach Adams.

As far as Autry's denouncing his involvement with the Aryan Nation I can only say that if he did that I would not be surprised as it would definitely coincide with his conversion, which if genuine, he would be turning away from those exact type of negative aspects that he was previously involved with. Shayne Austin? I don't know, and again, even my above opinion is just speculative at best, and not in any way stating or claiming it as fact.
Hubbard

Nashville, TN

#171106 Apr 8, 2014
Older Than Dirt wrote:
<quoted text>
Status hearings go on in every trail during said trial. The DA and the defense atty. continue to investigate during said trial. So yes, very common. The defendant must attend all status hearing unless sick or the judge agrees they can miss them. That is the law. I do hope this helps.
Thanks for helping me with this.

I have done a quick search and found that the purpose of a Status Hearing can vary from court to court including whether the defendant needs to be present. In the initial hearing the jusdge did specifically state that ZA's legal representation must be determined at this hearing. This may just be an opportunity to document who will be defending him.

At this point, I am not sure if his presence is needed or not.
Say What

Orangeville, Canada

#171107 Apr 8, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence?
The only thing the public knows is Adams property was searched, he was arrested and LE claims he threatened someone possibly his brother.
Other than that at this point there is no evidence supported by credentials.
There are many stories told by Clint is that the noise you are referring to?
Mark my post this won't go to trial a deal will be made and the truth will be hidden to save quite a few folks rumps!
Indeed sir. Well said. I totally agree.
Older Than Dirt

Sulphur Springs, TX

#171108 Apr 8, 2014
Hubbard wrote:
<quoted text>
I have done a quick search and found that the purpose of a Status Hearing can vary from court to court including whether the defendant needs to be present. In the initial hearing the jusdge did specifically state that ZA's legal representation must be determined at this hearing. This may just be an opportunity to document who will be defending him.
You are most welcome. Glad it helped some. I remember the Judge saying that. Also some status hearings are sealed. It is up to the judge. I am afraid we are years away from a trial though.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#171109 Apr 8, 2014
And to add to my above comment about Autry and Dylan Adams being the one's thats accounts to LE provided the necessary sufficient probable cause to secure the search warrants and actually progress Holly's case forward...

IMO, it would also make sense of Zach's coercion statement about his brother being the one that got this $hit started(ie. His "talking" to LE is what Zach believed was the sole source of "spilling the beans"). Zach knew Autry had his come to Jesus moment nearly a year ago, and had been in custody for many months. So, I can see where Zach would be confident that Autry had not "talked" in all that time and the proof of that to Zach would be that there was no progression of the case.

Yet, his brother is now in custody, he gets wind of his brother being interviewed/interrogated by authorities about Holly's case, and in his mind it made perfect sense that it would have been Dylan who was the sole source for the beans being spilled about Holly's murder/abduction. When in reality Autry had began "talking" to authorities months prior about Holly's abduction/murder but, Autry's word, alone, wasn't sufficient probable cause to be able to actually progress the case forward.

I can see exactly why Zach could have believed it was Dylan who was the sole source, having not a clue that it was actually Autry who had months prior began "talking" with authorities in spilling the beans about Holly's abduction/murder.
myname

Gallatin, TN

#171110 Apr 8, 2014
Toni Craig would be a likely candidate that could have told her 2nd hand knowledge. She could have been charged with multiple charges from the stolen pearls and the attempted flushing of them. She could have been charged with PV, possession of stolen property, tampering with evidence, and who knows what else? It seems she only got a few weekends. So do you think she made a deal to get her slap on the wrist?
JGG

Columbia, MO

#171111 Apr 8, 2014
If I remember correctly JA was sentenced in November of 2013, which is not that long ago. I think 10-15 years. Possibly when he was looking at reality he thought a good time to play his hand. If he implicated DA as at least being witness, maybe others FBI could have contacted him and asked which side he was going be on.

But I agree, that they probably both concurred in ordered to seal it up. The status hearing tomorrow also could be motions for change of venue. After they did that ride this last weekend and "circled the wagons" so to speak at the Courthouse I don't think they will have any trouble getting the change approved.

Also even if his current attorney agrees to represent him if the DA is going for the DP he will have to have a DP qualified attorney on the team JMO's

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#171112 Apr 8, 2014
Hubbard wrote:
<quoted text>
That is interesting.
The gun in itself may create "means" but it must be linked to the crime and the possesor of the gun at the time of the crime.
It seems that a shell casing would have limited forensic value other than DNA (which is significant as to who held the casing). The primary gun signature comes from the groves inside the barrel. Thus the bullet (that inflicts the wound of the crime) that travels down the barrel would carry the "signature" of the gun that fired it.
Beyond the gun "signature" left on the bullet used in the crime, it would be difficult to link a casing to a bullet thus linking the casing to the crime. The bullet itself has several steps to pass before being linked to the crime.
Again, we may disagree but the conversation is refreshing and enjoyable. I appreciate your opinions.
We're both correct!!!! LOL

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#171113 Apr 8, 2014
Hubbard wrote:
<quoted text>
If he is not going to be there I would think the lady from Nashville will be representing him, for a court appointed lawyer questions would be ask of Zach he would have to say he could not afford a lawyer. AND if she is going to be his lawyer somebody has some mullah .I do not think she would do it pro bono as high as gas is driving from Nashville each day.
reddoggie

Farlington, KS

#171114 Apr 8, 2014
Welp wrote:
<quoted text>
Pleas get changed all the time in order to take a plea bargain before trial. Prosecution won't take a chance on losing this with so many f-ups on their side already. It will be plea bargained down in order to keep him off the streets.
What "f-ups"?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#171115 Apr 8, 2014
Posted by Rickey Dale Alexander with Holly Bobo

34 mins Adamsville, TN

Just to clear a few things up about tomorrow. Tomorrow's court appearance is a status hearing of the case against Zach Adams. The judge is handling this as tactfully as possible given the fact that it is very high profile. It is unclear whether or not Zach will be in court, personally, tomorrow however, his defense team will. I have spoken with the family today and they are encouraging anyone and everyone who wants to come, to be there. Tennessee state law says Hollys face cannot be shown in that courtroom, therefore it is our responsibility, to Holly, to make sure that she is never forgotten and her voice is never silenced. We have to be Hollys voice. Also, if you have a Justice For Holly shirt, be sure to wear it tomorrow! Please also remember the family in prayer. Tomorrow is bound to be another tough day. The three year anniversary of the abduction is coming this Sunday. Thank you all for your support and love to the family throughout these last three years. Hope to see y'all there tomorrow!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what is going to be where tuckers restaurant was 3 hr MorninWood 2
Tenn. Health Mgt. (Oct '14) 14 hr Say hi to annie 54
Joni Broadway Mon AirforceAZ 1
New RHS Football Coach Mon Bman 81
White girls & black babies (Oct '13) Feb 6 Allrighttobewhite 112
Ryan Harris Feb 6 Guest 1
Police car Feb 6 What 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages