Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 250646 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#120930 Apr 24, 2013
Shefner wrote:
I have different memories about some things than some of you....
*I don't think Clint said he heard "arguing" in the garage area. I think he said he heard voices. He looked out and saw Holly and another person bending down over what he thought was a turkey.
*Holly did "walk" away. Clint specifically said, in clearing up misinformation, that the camo man did not have Holly by the arm. He claimed that Holly and camp man were walking side by side closely. This strikes me as disingenuous. Other than a gun (did camo man have a gun? have we heard this confirmed?) then Holly could have run back towards the house to get the weapon that was available to Clint.
If a perp is taking you, you are instructed to do anything to get away at the scene....scream, fall to the ground, bite, kick, run...do not let the perp take you from the abduction scene because the chances of survival greatly diminish once you are removed. Did Holly know this? Is this why she screamed? WHY didn't Clint hear it if the neighbor heard it?.......Isn't this what every person really wants to know?
Thank you. I think you have characterized the events of that day accurately. I think it's a pretty safe bet that if Holly did walk into the woods with flip-flops on, she most likely went around the corner to a waiting vehicle parked behind the garage beside the treeline! That is why her scent seemed to stop there, IMO!

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, Va.

#120931 Apr 24, 2013
Ponderings, Try the link on my last post # 120927

it should work..
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120932 Apr 24, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
"uH-oH, We can't find the page you are looking for," says the link.
The very first time I heard about this case, I was driving in my car and had the radio on. The on-the-hour news came on and said it appeared that who took Holly Bobo could have been an ex-boyfriend whom she had a restraining order against. I had already assumed at that time, that she was abducted by an ex and that she was already deceased by the time the news hit. Then later on, I went to Topix and found this forum.
How do you suppose that rumor got out to the media?
Was it not because Karen Bobo had the name of BB on her lips
while she was still at the school?
If not her, who told the media about any ex she had a restraining order against. I've read two different accounts of that incident anyway. I doubt that the guy was seriously threatening Holly.
When was this, back in high school? A break-up over cheating with a friend. I'm sure he might have said alot of things. Most people do when they are in a heated argument.

But, to go to the law and take out a restraining order just shows me that the people are just drama queens. A totally unnecessary move, IMO.

Since: Jul 11

Central KY

#120933 Apr 24, 2013
Thatguy you evidently dont understand humor, did you not read the h word in my comment? Pie in your face not mine slick.

Since: Jan 13

Bradley, IL

#120934 Apr 24, 2013
ItsAFactJack-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I think you have characterized the events of that day accurately. I think it's a pretty safe bet that if Holly did walk into the woods with flip-flops on, she most likely went around the corner to a waiting vehicle parked behind the garage beside the treeline! That is why her scent seemed to stop there, IMO!
I don't quite get your point; tracking dogs sniff the air for someone's scent, it doesn't matter if the person being traced had on shoes or not. In fact, I have read that most trained dogs use the air more than feet for tracking, and it is easier. Even a dog that isn't trained, you will notice if they are trying to pick up a scent they place their snouts pointed upwards.
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120935 Apr 24, 2013
To further my thought, it also shows Karen Bobo had no idea of any current threat against Holly that morning to warrant her fainting act.

She wasn't aware of some drug dealer after Clint.
Her actions prove that. She was said to have screamed Blake Barnett as she fell to the floor.
And that must be true. Because she then ran to the media and chattered his name again to them
talking about a restraining order. The media did show restraint however and did not mention him by name, but cast aspersions on him unnecessarily to people who knew who they were talking about on the news.

It seems to Karen Bobo, it didn't matter if Drew's name was thrown out there unnecessasarily, or Blake Barnett's.

I see this woman after all these months of being a very manipulative and conniving person. JMO, IMO,
OMO...
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120936 Apr 24, 2013
I see Karen Bobo as having no qualms of trying to set up a past bf of Holly's for the sole purpose of trying to SELL this abduction story.

And...if she would set up this innocent person who had nothing to do with Holly, and allow Drew to be name-dropped because he was an ex, also, I think her perfectly capable of planting false evidence in this case to sell the abduction story. JMO.
Or worse...making Clint do it.
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120937 Apr 24, 2013
So...to the people who think that Karen or Dana "knew" Clint owed drug money and helped hide his vehicle in the er, garage, how do you explain trying to set up Blake Barnett for Holly's disappearance?

That's just wrong.
guest

Collierville, TN

#120938 Apr 24, 2013
Very first day: First rumor we heard was C. had "borrowed" the neighbors ATV. Charges were filed and later dropped. Would they be a copy of this somewhere so it could be checked out? Later on it was said on here J.D. had taken it. Could C. have been on "restriction" @ home and with LE if this were fact? Maybe some type of rehab? Say a wk. or two or three then home restriction. Maybe he got out early was why he wasn't suppost to be home. Had he been at school , work etc. wks. prior? If not, why?jmo I don't think he has been back to work or school. Maybe he didn't still have a job to return to or school. Just thinking out loud. I don't think he or any of his family would harm Holly!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#120939 Apr 24, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
To further my thought, it also shows Karen Bobo had no idea of any current threat against Holly that morning to warrant her fainting act.
She wasn't aware of some drug dealer after Clint.
Her actions prove that. She was said to have screamed Blake Barnett as she fell to the floor.
And that must be true. Because she then ran to the media and chattered his name again to them
talking about a restraining order. The media did show restraint however and did not mention him by name, but cast aspersions on him unnecessarily to people who knew who they were talking about on the news.
It seems to Karen Bobo, it didn't matter if Drew's name was thrown out there unnecessasarily, or Blake Barnett's.
I see this woman after all these months of being a very manipulative and conniving person. JMO, IMO,
OMO...
Hmmm....Interesting! This is the first I've heard of her screaming BB's name as she hit the floor. I've heard other things, but not that.

There was rumor at one point that there was a situation where Karen was worried for Holly's safety prior to the abduction. But I don't think any of that ever materialized into anything.

However, if we can figure out the WHY, then we'll likely know the WHAT of what happened. IMO, JMO, MOO. But I honestly don't think we'll ever know what happened, even if this case is 'solved'.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#120940 Apr 24, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you suppose that rumor got out to the media?
Was it not because Karen Bobo had the name of BB on her lips
while she was still at the school?
If not her, who told the media about any ex she had a restraining order against. I've read two different accounts of that incident anyway. I doubt that the guy was seriously threatening Holly.
When was this, back in high school? A break-up over cheating with a friend. I'm sure he might have said alot of things. Most people do when they are in a heated argument.
But, to go to the law and take out a restraining order just shows me that the people are just drama queens. A totally unnecessary move, IMO.
I have to disagree with you here. No threat of violence by a man against a woman should result in a woman being called a "drama queen" if she takes action. I've looked at this person. He scares me. I hope LE has taken a good, hard, long look at him, too! Some people never, ever get over being jilted by the "love of their life!" Some people value vindication over air and water. I've seen it up close and personal! Sometimes, the longer they seethe, the worse the feelings get! Perhaps he even got word she had done it again to somebody else! Maybe it brought all those feelings to the surface! Maybe he figured that she needed to be stopped from using men like they were disposable! There's a motive for ya! No, don't blow this theory off as being improbable! He's the only person I know that had the guts to post inappropriate things about her online AFTER she went missing! Is he a stronger suspect in my book than others? I'm not sure. But I surely don't think you can just blow him off as being a harmless high school crush! JMO, IMO, etc.
guest

Collierville, TN

#120941 Apr 24, 2013
What was the time Reese and Holly were last speaking to each other that morning?

Since: Jul 11

Central KY

#120942 Apr 24, 2013
G I disagree. Karen had received a call from CW stating she heard a scream coming from their home. Clint spoke with her and said someone is here that I dont know and Hollys car is still here. A 2nd call from Clint she finds out Holly is walking away with Drew and Karen knew it wasnt Drew from phone calls. Clint may have reacted odd but 3 different calls are enough to tell you something is wrong in a big way.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#120943 Apr 24, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't quite get your point; tracking dogs sniff the air for someone's scent, it doesn't matter if the person being traced had on shoes or not. In fact, I have read that most trained dogs use the air more than feet for tracking, and it is easier. Even a dog that isn't trained, you will notice if they are trying to pick up a scent they place their snouts pointed upwards.
Sorry. I was not clear. IF she had flip flops on, the dense brush described to us earlier precludes her being able to make it far without injury to her feet, in my estimation! Even if he forced her onward, she could not go very fast, stepping on brambles and branches, etc. I think she went right through the clearing, turned left, and was forced into a waiting vehicle. Once inside a vehicle, I'm assuming her scent would not be strong enough for the dogs to follow. By all reports, the dogs stopped at the treeline. The vehicle could not have been more than a few feet away, iMO.

Since: Jul 11

Central KY

#120944 Apr 24, 2013
Guest around 7 "Holly told Reece she was going to eat breakfast and put her shoes onand sid goodbye." Jackson Sun article
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120945 Apr 24, 2013
ItsAFactJack-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree with you here. No threat of violence by a man against a woman should result in a woman being called a "drama queen" if she takes action. I've looked at this person. He scares me. I hope LE has taken a good, hard, long look at him, too! Some people never, ever get over being jilted by the "love of their life!" Some people value vindication over air and water. I've seen it up close and personal! Sometimes, the longer they seethe, the worse the feelings get! Perhaps he even got word she had done it again to somebody else! Maybe it brought all those feelings to the surface! Maybe he figured that she needed to be stopped from using men like they were disposable! There's a motive for ya! No, don't blow this theory off as being improbable! He's the only person I know that had the guts to post inappropriate things about her online AFTER she went missing! Is he a stronger suspect in my book than others? I'm not sure. But I surely don't think you can just blow him off as being a harmless high school crush! JMO, IMO, etc.
I don't think he was even in Parsons at the time, was he? He must have had an alibi. What I recall about it is that his older brother posted a Mario Bros. cartoon, BB laughed, and reposted it to his page, also.

I disagree with your first statement. I have known people, and I'm sure you do too, who had relationships sour in high school.
They have angry crap back and forth and a lot of juvenile things get said. Everybody at school knows a lot about it.
I think even Youtube knows something about it. I think her egging on a fight between him and somebody was posted for posterity.

Yet, even still, it would be and IS completely over-the-top for anybody's parents to become involved to taking out a restraining order against a high school boyfriend. Geez, dude.
He doesn't seem "scary" to me. I've only seen pics of him and he seems AVERAGE for Parsons, no better or worse than any of the other guys mentioned since this case started. IMO.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#120946 Apr 24, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
So...to the people who think that Karen or Dana "knew" Clint owed drug money and helped hide his vehicle in the er, garage, how do you explain trying to set up Blake Barnett for Holly's disappearance?
That's just wrong.
You seem like this is very personal to you--like you know him. If you know things that exonerate him, please share! Nobody wants an innocent person to suffer (unless they are sick in some way themselves!) Those who live in Parsons/Darden have been under a microscope since 4/13/11. Some have gone out of their way to prove their innocence. Some have made themselves look guilty, whether they are or not! I think if I were under the microscope, I'd be on my best behavior! JMO
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120947 Apr 24, 2013
ItsAFactJack-- wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem like this is very personal to you--like you know him. If you know things that exonerate him, please share! Nobody wants an innocent person to suffer (unless they are sick in some way themselves!) Those who live in Parsons/Darden have been under a microscope since 4/13/11. Some have gone out of their way to prove their innocence. Some have made themselves look guilty, whether they are or not! I think if I were under the microscope, I'd be on my best behavior! JMO
I don't know a single soul in the whole STATE of Tennessee.
What I do know is this case backwards and forwards.
I know who the players are as laid out by media, social and news. You don't have to know somebody personally to not want to see an innocent person (as related to a case), set up, do you?

In that regard, I think that is the norm or at least should be for any sleuth.

Since: Jan 13

Bradley, IL

#120948 Apr 24, 2013
ItsAFactJack-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. I was not clear. IF she had flip flops on, the dense brush described to us earlier precludes her being able to make it far without injury to her feet, in my estimation! Even if he forced her onward, she could not go very fast, stepping on brambles and branches, etc. I think she went right through the clearing, turned left, and was forced into a waiting vehicle. Once inside a vehicle, I'm assuming her scent would not be strong enough for the dogs to follow. By all reports, the dogs stopped at the treeline. The vehicle could not have been more than a few feet away, iMO.
Oh, ok... I get it. Yes, there is a possibility that where she was last standing before being forced into a car or truck, that this was the last spot the dogs traced her. I also think the woods was too thick for a perp to drag her through...remember, the dog handlers said that they had to pick up the dogs to try to get them to go even a few feet inside the woods because of the undergrowth. And, the canines did not pick up a scent once they had them just inside the woods.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#120949 Apr 24, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he was even in Parsons at the time, was he? He must have had an alibi. What I recall about it is that his older brother posted a Mario Bros. cartoon, BB laughed, and reposted it to his page, also.
I disagree with your first statement. I have known people, and I'm sure you do too, who had relationships sour in high school.
They have angry crap back and forth and a lot of juvenile things get said. Everybody at school knows a lot about it.
I think even Youtube knows something about it. I think her egging on a fight between him and somebody was posted for posterity.
Yet, even still, it would be and IS completely over-the-top for anybody's parents to become involved to taking out a restraining order against a high school boyfriend. Geez, dude.
He doesn't seem "scary" to me. I've only seen pics of him and he seems AVERAGE for Parsons, no better or worse than any of the other guys mentioned since this case started. IMO.
I will try to answer your points. First, I am under the impression he was in town when the kidnapping occurred. I am unsure of his alibi, if he had one.

The cartoon was inappropriate and looked to be a reference to Holly.

There was another old photo posted somewhere, and Holly was in the picture. There was a caption he is said to have written--"Spot the wh*re!" I believe I am quoting that right. I hope someone will correct me if not.

I am not referring to high school tiffs that have angry words and insults going back and forth. Of course, that can eventually turn into harassment if the parties don't let it go and move on!

What I am referring to is when people actually threaten to do bodily harm to someone else or even threaten to kill them, or when they assault the person in some way. Threats like this should be dealt with quickly and thoroughly, by whatever means are necessary. Too many young people lose their lives because threats are not taken seriously. I don't know the details of Holly's situation. But if he threatened her, she was not a drama queen for seeking help from the law.

As far as the videotaped fight, I do not believe this particular young man was in that fight; nor do I think that it has been proven that it was Holly in that video "egging on" the fight.

It is not for me to quantify someone's goodness or "badness." All I can note is that he is a very angry-headed person in a lot of his communications, seemingly, and he uses some of the coarsest language I have seen out of a boy his age. He left town a bit after the abduction and took a job on a barge, I believe. Others have said he still comes back from time to time. I wouldn't know, since I'm not a local.

I will sum up by saying that anyone with a hot temper and a past with Holly probably deserved at least a cursory look by LE. I trust they have done their jobs, and I'll leave it at that! JMO, IMO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sidebar 20 min Long Time Poker 449
rhs baseball team uniforms tonight!!! 6 hr whatever 18
Sugar Momma Sat Dr Pill 4
pearcys (Nov '14) Apr 22 Watching17 31
Jessica King (Feb '12) Apr 22 seriously 27
Sherry Reddix Apr 20 GTB 4
angie dickerson Apr 19 Sue 9

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages