Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 254686 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#120549 Apr 23, 2013
Cvt6702 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never tried to hide my identity, but when we log onto web sites they want our e-mail a pass word and we are to choose a name to be posted on what we write.
The things I have written about what I believe have the psysic word in it just so people know where I am getting my information and its just as reliable as the speculation being posted on here.
I am not hiding out, I am just on here with my information being posted just like anyone else doing armchair detective.
Someone posted in one of the posts about locals bragging they did the deed, does anyone want to mention who they were, perhaps they did do the deed thinking no one would believe them.
I know at least two and maybe three young men were involved in this, and it would seem by now one of them might have decided to put a confection out there either because its on their conscience or because they think no one will believe a braggard?
I'm not sure some posters want this case solved, because if it was then where would you spend your time, until another crime happens and the armchair detectives can jump in and have somewhere to spend their time.
I of course am up at a little after four in the morning reading this just as some others are, I have nothing better to do.
CVT,
The ones who have boasted of doing harm to Holly, supposedly, have been mentioned for months and months on here. Usually, when folks talk about these guys, they use initials. By some type of coincidence, these guys (or several of them, anyway) had last names that began with "A." You may have seen references to the A-train, which seemed to be a pack of them that ran together. Some have spent time in jail in the past few months, and I believe some are still in jail! Folks thought maybe that some were beginning to roll on some of the others, possibly giving the authorities some new leads. Every time we'd get a good discussion going about it, the thread derailed dreadfully, making some of us believe their relatives did not want them discussed. That's about all I can tell you on that!

I'm just curious--have you "heard" any names associated with this case? Do you feel that the perp could have lived really close to Holly? What about vehicles? Cars, trucks, ATV's? Do you see anything of note? Do you feel this was the first time the perp ever did something like this, or do you feel he had hurt women before?
All JMO, IMO

Since: Feb 13

Decaturville, TN

#120550 Apr 23, 2013
The list included a Samsung cell phone, a hardcover nursing book and binder, a white, soft-sided lunch bag, a key chain and a pink purse. The release included a photo that showed the top of the purse.

These items were told on 2 year anniversary before purse was found. Was someone trying to taunt family or was it really hers?

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20130419/NE...

Since: Feb 13

Decaturville, TN

#120551 Apr 23, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe - I guess school has changed a lot over the years. The only time teachers were early just a few years ago, were music teachers (band, orchestra, choir) or coaches for students training in sports. So now we feed kids not only lunches but breakfast too, and what is the child care for? For teachers who have underage school children, like baby sitters? Wow, that makes for a long day for teachers if they have to be there before 6:30 AM!
Even when I went to school we had teachers with early morning duty, cafeteria workers, breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks were served. Teachers had to be there early enough to have rooms unlocked for students to enter and they would have their mornings prepared.(Copies made in main office and be there when busses arrived and kids were finished with breakfast.)

Examples
Cvt6702

AOL

#120552 Apr 23, 2013
ItsAFactJack-- wrote:
<quoted text>
CVT,
The ones who have boasted of doing harm to Holly, supposedly, have been mentioned for months and months on here. Usually, when folks talk about these guys, they use initials. By some type of coincidence, these guys (or several of them, anyway) had last names that began with "A." You may have seen references to the A-train, which seemed to be a pack of them that ran together. Some have spent time in jail in the past few months, and I believe some are still in jail! Folks thought maybe that some were beginning to roll on some of the others, possibly giving the authorities some new leads. Every time we'd get a good discussion going about it, the thread derailed dreadfully, making some of us believe their relatives did not want them discussed. That's about all I can tell you on that!
I'm just curious--have you "heard" any names associated with this case? Do you feel that the perp could have lived really close to Holly? What about vehicles? Cars, trucks, ATV's? Do you see anything of note? Do you feel this was the first time the perp ever did something like this, or do you feel he had hurt women before?
All JMO, IMO
its only recently that I began paying attention to what is written on here as local gossip.
The things I wrote about are the things that began coming to me in psychic information from the day she dissappeared.
I'm trying to go back two years and see if I can find my psychic notes and I'll read through them again but i don't believe i heard any names in the messages what i remember is seeing someone connected to meat and wrapping paper much you would find in a meat department, but then there could be several people connected to a job like that in the area?
I did pick up the man connected to this job is an old boyfriend of holly's who believed she made a fool out of him.
In one picture after reading on one of these sites I see one man in the shadows near an older house and one who had stepped out into the sun so I could see him clearly was tall and slim and had brown hair.
However I would like to say, in looking at many pictures on line about local young men a lot of them fit that discription and I'm not sure now who the young man was I saw in the psychic message.
The man who was guarding Holly in the older house and I could only see the bottom portion of his body he wore black cotton pants and seemed to be a little portly and the left black leather shoe was built up like he may have had one leg shorter than the other.
when I get back from the Doctor today i'll try to find my notes and review them and see if I see anything that might be helpful.
I have posted some of these things written above at various times on one of these blogs when someone was discussing the case and I told some of this.
My messages said the mastermind of this crime was a former boyfriend of Holly's who believed she made a fool out of him.
I'm not sure murder was what they had planned when they kidnapped her, I believe it was meant to teach her a lesson and things may have gotten out of hand and Holly ended up dead, and they then had no choice but to dispose of her items as found, and bury her and hope the case will never be solved.
if these young men are reading these posts I am not sure what they might be thinking, but perhaps they feel they should come forward and try to clear all this up and face what they have done.

Bradley, IL

#120553 Apr 23, 2013
JER29 wrote:
PRP good questions and no answers. Clint goes from thinking someone was there to read a meter and calls Karen about it to seeing 2 people he didnt know kneeling. We know there was a loaded pistol in the house so going a few feet to check it out would have been easy. He didnt id the 2nd person as Holly until later after he saw them walking away. We have always assumed that Holly was 1 of the persons kneeling but that was never stated. She may have been in the garage out of sight remembering it was silhouettes he saw in the garage. 1 of perps, and he thinks there was more than 1, could have walked away before he looked out and saw Holly walking away with camo man.
IF his story is true, then your explanation is probably sufficient. The problem is, his story is rather difficult to believe. And as has been discussed on here many times, most even teenage males (and many females), not to mention a 25 year old who is still living at home, would not even think to go to the trouble to call their mom at her place of work to ask HER who was in the garage/carport area.

If they would't have been able to recognize the people as a meter reader or some one like them who is normally on their property that time of the morning, anyone would just open the door and ask them who they were or if they could help them. And even if for some reason he was a little leery, all he would have had to do was grab one of his hunting guns. Another interesting thing about this scenario, the best I recall, that scene that was quoted by Clint was never repeated again in any of the following interviews, nor did LE pick up on it again. Why not, because everyone is searching for answers and I would think every detail would need to be restudied.

Bradley, IL

#120554 Apr 23, 2013
GTO wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogs at 00:48 in this video.....
http://www.wmctv.com/story/22020150/neighbors...
Thank you very much for posting this video....I had never seen it before or any direct interview with the neighbor whose dogs found the purse. Well, call me gullible if you wish, but I do NOT think the purse was 'planted' or that the dogs were hired to drag it in (!). Anyone who has owned dogs, knows that especially when two of them get together, that when they are frolicking and having a good time, will pick up anything in their mouths and toss it around. I have tried to see something 'hinky' about this situation with these dogs, but I just can't. Now, whether or not the purse/backpack belonged to Holly is the big question. But if it indeed was turned inside out (perhaps by the dogs playing with it), then the only way all those items would have still been in it would have been if there were enough zippered or Velcro compartments in the purse for these things to have been safely stashed.

Another big question is, did the family or LE think all of her belongings that normally would have been in the purse were found when they first said they were hers? Besides a camera, driver's license, key ring, etc., there would have been other possessions of hers in the main bag itself, probably like homework papers and/or books. Were these things found strewn about? I remember something said right during the first searches that someone found a paper with her name on it, but that hasn't been discussed in a long time. And if that was true, just where was that piece of paper found in relation to the area this bag was found?

Bradley, IL

#120555 Apr 23, 2013
Trixie From Dixie wrote:
Yes, thanks to you too. These neighbors are good citizens who probably have been on the lookout for a long time for anything unusual pertaining to Holly's disappearance. It appears to me that the purse was caught in branches and debris (if not buried in a shallow hole) and was tossed around by the wind and other elements for the past two years. And we all have at least once in our lifetime seen discarded items like that when walking through deep woods.

Bradley, IL

#120556 Apr 23, 2013
It appears I am the only one on this thread this morning at 9:30 AM. I decided to bring up the photo of the purse/backpack that the dogs found, and put it side by side on my screen next to that photo that was given to us of Holly with her pink purse lying on the table next to her. The link I found, allows me to enlarge that picture somewhat.

It is too bad the family or one of Holly's friends doesn't have one of her wearing it or a full picture of the purse, because this one barely gives us something to look at. I wonder if her mom or one of her close friends knows where she bought it or the brand so we could get a closer look at a photo of one similar?

Anyway, it sure appears to me that it COULD be the same purse. Unless two years ago or more, it was such a popular item that many girls bought the same purse, it is highly unlikely this find was not Holly's, IMO. Also, although I realize photos can be a distortion of a true color, the photo of her purse does not look to me to be a true pink, or at least not one that has some reddish or coral tones. There are many different shades of pink, and this one appeared to have had some bluish tints which would have made it a lavender toned pink; without further information, I would say that this was the case with hers as this is usually the more popular shade of pink among her age group. And, regardless of the material it was made of, the elements after two years would have caused fading and probably would have brought out the lavender tones as time went on. Plus, as some have posted, we see mainly the lining of the purse in that one photo - the inside of a purse or backpack many times is not the exact color of what it is on the exterior surface.

Since the photo of the purse and Holly is not very good, it is impossible to make out the exact style, but it did have brass-like hoops where the straps were fastened. The picture of the 'find' shows this purse also had hoops or rings with the straps, and of course they are tarnished - I have a couple of old purses that I haven't used in few years and the brass rings on them have also tarnished and they haven't even been outside the house; only stored in a closet.

The straps in both purses also appear to be about the same width as well as similar stitching. Other than that, no other conclusion can be made just from those two photos. But I would say that the possibility of the two being different items, and under the circumstances that this 'dog purse' was found, makes it highly likely it is one and the same, IMO.

Hopefully authorities have kept the purse for further reference if for no other reason.
22questions

United States

#120557 Apr 23, 2013
Trixie From Dixie wrote:
That was with other neighbors not the ones who live in the home where the purse was taken by the dogs?
whodunit

Hendersonville, TN

#120558 Apr 23, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you very much for posting this video....I had never seen it before or any direct interview with the neighbor whose dogs found the purse. Well, call me gullible if you wish, but I do NOT think the purse was 'planted' or that the dogs were hired to drag it in (!). Anyone who has owned dogs, knows that especially when two of them get together, that when they are frolicking and having a good time, will pick up anything in their mouths and toss it around. I have tried to see something 'hinky' about this situation with these dogs, but I just can't. Now, whether or not the purse/backpack belonged to Holly is the big question. But if it indeed was turned inside out (perhaps by the dogs playing with it), then the only way all those items would have still been in it would have been if there were enough zippered or Velcro compartments in the purse for these things to have been safely stashed.
Another big question is, did the family or LE think all of her belongings that normally would have been in the purse were found when they first said they were hers? Besides a camera, driver's license, key ring, etc., there would have been other possessions of hers in the main bag itself, probably like homework papers and/or books. Were these things found strewn about? I remember something said right during the first searches that someone found a paper with her name on it, but that hasn't been discussed in a long time. And if that was true, just where was that piece of paper found in relation to the area this bag was found?
I agree that the dog/dogs would have tossed it around and shook it. And that the contents would have had to be in a secure compartment to remain in the bag. If not contents would have been found scattered around the area the bag was located. That would also leave to chance what item the dog would have brought home.
If two or more dogs found the purse, and were playing with it, there is also the possibility of playing tug of war with it. Again scattering items and possibly ripping the purse.Along with the possibility of another dog bringing another item contained in the purse. As far as it being planted, Im not saying I think it was planted that day. Could have been at any day before that day. If mot why would the dog/dogs find it that day? If buried the dog would have smelled it and " dug" it up the first time it came across it. If this is an area the dog/dogs were in regularly. If it was indeed there for 2yrs. So why that day?

Bradley, IL

#120559 Apr 23, 2013
22questions wrote:
<quoted text>
That was with other neighbors not the ones who live in the home where the purse was taken by the dogs?
Below is the link provide by 'GTO' of the neighbor whose dogs found the purse;

http://www.wmctv.com/story/22020150/neighbors...

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#120560 Apr 23, 2013
JER29 wrote:
PRP good questions and no answers. Clint goes from thinking someone was there to read a meter and calls Karen about it to seeing 2 people he didnt know kneeling. We know there was a loaded pistol in the house so going a few feet to check it out would have been easy. He didnt id the 2nd person as Holly until later after he saw them walking away. We have always assumed that Holly was 1 of the persons kneeling but that was never stated. She may have been in the garage out of sight remembering it was silhouettes he saw in the garage. 1 of perps, and he thinks there was more than 1, could have walked away before he looked out and saw Holly walking away with camo man.
I agree, and that person could have carried her things!
whodunit

Tucker, GA

#120561 Apr 23, 2013
I'm not saying the purse was for sure buried, and dug up. That's just what some news reports started. If not buried, then Agin we are back to why that day. The elements would have blown, and tossed the purse around, leaving opportunities for any dog or person around the area to see/find it at anytime. If indeed it has been in the area for 2 yrs. It has been reported
that the area has been searched by volunteers.

Bradley, IL

#120562 Apr 23, 2013
whodunit wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that the dog/dogs would have tossed it around and shook it. And that the contents would have had to be in a secure compartment to remain in the bag. If not contents would have been found scattered around the area the bag was located. That would also leave to chance what item the dog would have brought home.
If two or more dogs found the purse, and were playing with it, there is also the possibility of playing tug of war with it. Again scattering items and possibly ripping the purse.Along with the possibility of another dog bringing another item contained in the purse. As far as it being planted, Im not saying I think it was planted that day. Could have been at any day before that day. If mot why would the dog/dogs find it that day? If buried the dog would have smelled it and " dug" it up the first time it came across it. If this is an area the dog/dogs were in regularly. If it was indeed there for 2yrs. So why that day?
I am not sure it was found on the anniversary day, the 13th. Regardless, although it may seem curious it was discovered during the 'anniversary week', I think it was nothing more than coincidental. This is the time of the year when dogs and other animals become more active;, and winds are higher due to the change of seasons. I am thinking that this purse was originally left in the woods close to this neighbor's house two years ago IF it was indeed Holly's. If it was not hidden in a hole, it was very likely tossed around through dead trees lying on the ground and got caught in dead branches and debris. My husband and I have always lived near woods where our properties were surrounded on at least two sides of our house. Although trash isn't normally scattered about by neighbors as they for the most part obey the county rules with disposal, it isn't unusual for at least once a year to find an item that had belonged to someone that had been tossed out. Most of the time this does not mean it was always intentionally thrown out, but could have fallen off of a trash bin during high winds, waiting for a pick-up. In fact, we usually put a heavy stone or brick on our lids so that doesn't happen, or so that perhaps a raccoon doesn't try to get into the bin. It happens!

It is also possible that this purse wasn't dragged out of the woods or somewhere onto the property of this neighbor that very day; it could have been laying around not far away from his house for several days or weeks, and his dogs just happened to come upon them when they did. Even if he or his family had seen glimpses of it before, they may not have thought much about it, but when the two year anniversary came up, they were reminded again of Holly's disappearance. Then when their dogs brought to their yard the purse, they decided to examine it and then thought they had better call the police. I do not think this is a far out theory, and most likely very close to what happened.

Also, it would be very risky indeed for someone who wanted to plant something near these neighbors homes (which probably are not very close together anyway) for someone to find it just on the anniversary. Not only would they have had to pick out a time to do so where no one would have seen them dump it, rains and winds come along many times during the night and could have easily blown it away into the woods or other places where it would have never been found. To me, that is way more difficult to believe than the earlier scenario that I have offered.

Lexington, TN

#120563 Apr 23, 2013
they are both close friends with the Bobo's and live next to them. Close enough friends that they have a message from Holly's mother that she wants people to hear. Is there a possibility that they didn't contact Karen before the TBI about the find?
Trixie From Dixie wrote:
Maurices

Hillsboro, TN

#120564 Apr 23, 2013
I don't post much here but I feel that I can be of assistance on the question of where the purse was purchased so I'm going to respond. I was told about the purse and promise ring LONG before it was public knowledge. The person who told me about these items said that the purse had recently been purchased at Maurices. It was described as a "muddy pink". Hope this helps.
Ponderings wrote:
It appears I am the only one on this thread this morning at 9:30 AM. I decided to bring up the photo of the purse/backpack that the dogs found, and put it side by side on my screen next to that photo that was given to us of Holly with her pink purse lying on the table next to her. The link I found, allows me to enlarge that picture somewhat.
It is too bad the family or one of Holly's friends doesn't have one of her wearing it or a full picture of the purse, because this one barely gives us something to look at. I wonder if her mom or one of her close friends knows where she bought it or the brand so we could get a closer look at a photo of one similar?
Anyway, it sure appears to me that it COULD be the same purse. Unless two years ago or more, it was such a popular item that many girls bought the same purse, it is highly unlikely this find was not Holly's, IMO. Also, although I realize photos can be a distortion of a true color, the photo of her purse does not look to me to be a true pink, or at least not one that has some reddish or coral tones. There are many different shades of pink, and this one appeared to have had some bluish tints which would have made it a lavender toned pink; without further information, I would say that this was the case with hers as this is usually the more popular shade of pink among her age group. And, regardless of the material it was made of, the elements after two years would have caused fading and probably would have brought out the lavender tones as time went on. Plus, as some have posted, we see mainly the lining of the purse in that one photo - the inside of a purse or backpack many times is not the exact color of what it is on the exterior surface.
Since the photo of the purse and Holly is not very good, it is impossible to make out the exact style, but it did have brass-like hoops where the straps were fastened. The picture of the 'find' shows this purse also had hoops or rings with the straps, and of course they are tarnished - I have a couple of old purses that I haven't used in few years and the brass rings on them have also tarnished and they haven't even been outside the house; only stored in a closet.
The straps in both purses also appear to be about the same width as well as similar stitching. Other than that, no other conclusion can be made just from those two photos. But I would say that the possibility of the two being different items, and under the circumstances that this 'dog purse' was found, makes it highly likely it is one and the same, IMO.
Hopefully authorities have kept the purse for further reference if for no other reason.

Bradley, IL

#120565 Apr 23, 2013
Maurices wrote:
I don't post much here but I feel that I can be of assistance on the question of where the purse was purchased so I'm going to respond. I was told about the purse and promise ring LONG before it was public knowledge. The person who told me about these items said that the purse had recently been purchased at Maurices. It was described as a "muddy pink". Hope this helps. <quoted text>
Thanks! It may have been similar to the one below, although I don't think it had brown straps. After two years, their merchandise would have been changed several times over.

http://www.maurices.com/product/index.jsp...

Bradley, IL

#120566 Apr 23, 2013
guest wrote:
they are both close friends with the Bobo's and live next to them. Close enough friends that they have a message from Holly's mother that she wants people to hear. Is there a possibility that they didn't contact Karen before the TBI about the find?<quoted text>
They might have - probably did before they contacted LE. But I do not believe in a conspiracy; there is no way they are 'all in something together' in order to fool LE or the public, nor do I think they all set up the dogs to bring in the purse..LOL!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#120567 Apr 23, 2013
Trixie From Dixie wrote:
Looks like they couldn't even get the correct neighbor whose dog found it. Here ya go-

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20130419/NE...
Maurices

Hillsboro, TN

#120568 Apr 23, 2013
I think it was more like this one... only pink(ish) instead of brown.

Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! It may have been similar to the one below, although I don't think it had brown straps. After two years, their merchandise would have been changed several times over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Maness 12 hr Watching17 7
Jason Autry (Apr '14) 23 hr JER29 2,509
Michael Alexander (Jun '14) Tue JER29 62
who is this "Ashley Maness" ?? Tue Good gawd 108
Just wait till you see the SUPRISE witness at t... Aug 14 JER29 30
Gatlin ivey Aug 13 Elsa 7
Rooster Aug 10 Cub Creek 2

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance