Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

Apr 13, 2011 Full story: MidSouthNewz 204,186

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Full Story
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120200 Apr 21, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess Who, Either way it would be interesting to hear what their IQ is.
It has to be someone closely involved in this case, and still very near.
I do not believe it's someone in the community playing a joke. I suspect the community is ready for this case/circus to be Over/solved...jmo
I don't think it's a joke being played either.
I just think that it's a matter of people, who while standing
in the bottom of a hole, thinking what they need is a bigger
shovel. IMO.
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120201 Apr 21, 2013
To me, I could have bought that somebody planted her backpackpurse thingy, in order to try to frame
someone in the area, if the family had said, Yep, that's Holly's bag. No question.

But, for it NOT to be her bag planted there...
what would be the point?

Since: Jan 13

Bloomington, IN

#120202 Apr 21, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess Who, Like I always say, Dogs Don't Lie.
I wonder what the ODDS would be that a weathered pink Backpack would be found by a dog on the 2 yr. anniversary of Holly going missing?
I would bet the ODDS are TEN of MILLIONS to ONE that a dog would just happen to drag into a neighbors yard a simular looking purse/backpack on Holly's anniversary...jmo
The only 'odds' I can come up with is that perhaps since it WAS during the week of the second anniversary, locals were even more aware of Holly; therefore, when this one neighbor did find the purse his dog dragged in, it made him decide to take it to LE since Holly's abduction was on his mind. It might have been around on or near his property earlier, and the dog may have had it previously before that day, but he decided he should call attention to it. It would be interesting to be able to talk to whoever it was.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#120203 Apr 21, 2013
I've been off the forum since early yesterday morning. I got back on last night to try to catch up on all the posts, so that I could intelligently contribute. Man! You guys are something else! I just finished getting caught up!LOL!

Now, for the purse...I do believe it's Holly's because as several have mentioned, it doesn't seem likely it would show up when and how it did otherwise. Karen did say it was Holly's via the photograph, but when she saw it for real, she said it wasn't.

I can understand that perhaps Karen knows in her heart this is her child's purse, but doesn't want to face the fact that she may have come to harm. I'll give her that much. It just seems odd that she AND another family member would positively identify it from the photograph. Wouldn't you tell LE, "I cannot say if this belongs to my child untll I see it, not by looking at a photograph." ? That would leave them no other choice but to allow you to see it BEFORE making the statement to media that it was in fact hers and it had been identified as such by her or the 'family member'.

Let's say for a moment that it is NOT Holly's. To me, the only logical explanation for it would be that someone, perhaps a kid of the age of 11 or 12 might have thought it would be 'funny' to plant something out there like that. But otherwise, I don't see "A" purse to be out there where no one goes much, away from the houses. The wind can be a powerful thing, but I just don't think it would carry something of that weight away that far. And, IF the reports are true, then Holly's things were inside it.

It doesn't matter one way or the other if Karen believes it's Holly's or not. It will very likely be sent to the crime lab anyway.

Now, my question is,(and I am not trying to rile anyone, as it's an honest question.)How could anyone NOT believe that Karen knows more than she's letting on, IF Holly's things are found to have been in the purse? I know there are many staunch supporters of Karen and the family. And I'm glad that she has such loyal support. But what will it take to make you doubt her total innocence just a wee tiny bit? And, what if it's found that she knew something all along? Will there still be support for her?

I am NOT insinuating that ANYone is involved. I'm just asking out of curiosity, as this would likely have a very real effect on the community should it turn out differently than most think it may well be. IF, and that is a mighty big word, it turned out to be like that, do you think there would be a public reaction? Larger cities have been known to, but what about little ol' Parsons/Darden? I wouldn't think so, but then again, I wouldn't think something like Holly's case would ever have happened there either.
DNF

Boston, MA

#120204 Apr 21, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess Who, Like I always say, Dogs Don't Lie.
I wonder what the ODDS would be that a weathered pink Backpack would be found by a dog on the 2 yr. anniversary of Holly going missing?
I would bet the ODDS are TEN of MILLIONS to ONE that a dog would just happen to drag into a neighbors yard a simular looking purse/backpack on Holly's anniversary...jmo
Dogs don't lie because they don't speak. But they can be wrong or ineffective.

Look at what just happened in Boston where a bleeding suspect walked on foot and remained in an area for some time undetected by multiple local, state and federal dogs despite the largest manhunt in history.

The entire premise that because the dogs did not pick up her trail that day in April is idiotic. It proves nothing. She may have been very close but for whatever reason on that day those particular dogs were unable to track her scent. We won't know until the case is solved.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#120205 Apr 21, 2013
Prayer Brings Peace wrote:
I've been off the forum since early yesterday morning. I got back on last night to try to catch up on all the posts, so that I could intelligently contribute. Man! You guys are something else! I just finished getting caught up!LOL!
Now, for the purse...I do believe it's Holly's because as several have mentioned, it doesn't seem likely it would show up when and how it did otherwise. Karen did say it was Holly's via the photograph, but when she saw it for real, she said it wasn't.
I can understand that perhaps Karen knows in her heart this is her child's purse, but doesn't want to face the fact that she may have come to harm. I'll give her that much. It just seems odd that she AND another family member would positively identify it from the photograph. Wouldn't you tell LE, "I cannot say if this belongs to my child untll I see it, not by looking at a photograph." ? That would leave them no other choice but to allow you to see it BEFORE making the statement to media that it was in fact hers and it had been identified as such by her or the 'family member'.
Let's say for a moment that it is NOT Holly's. To me, the only logical explanation for it would be that someone, perhaps a kid of the age of 11 or 12 might have thought it would be 'funny' to plant something out there like that. But otherwise, I don't see "A" purse to be out there where no one goes much, away from the houses. The wind can be a powerful thing, but I just don't think it would carry something of that weight away that far. And, IF the reports are true, then Holly's things were inside it.
It doesn't matter one way or the other if Karen believes it's Holly's or not. It will very likely be sent to the crime lab anyway.
Now, my question is,(and I am not trying to rile anyone, as it's an honest question.)How could anyone NOT believe that Karen knows more than she's letting on, IF Holly's things are found to have been in the purse? I know there are many staunch supporters of Karen and the family. And I'm glad that she has such loyal support. But what will it take to make you doubt her total innocence just a wee tiny bit? And, what if it's found that she knew something all along? Will there still be support for her?
I am NOT insinuating that ANYone is involved. I'm just asking out of curiosity, as this would likely have a very real effect on the community should it turn out differently than most think it may well be. IF, and that is a mighty big word, it turned out to be like that, do you think there would be a public reaction? Larger cities have been known to, but what about little ol' Parsons/Darden? I wouldn't think so, but then again, I wouldn't think something like Holly's case would ever have happened there either.
Why do you want us to "doubt her total innocence just a wee tiny bit"?
Beachgirl17

Omaha, NE

#120206 Apr 21, 2013
It crossed my mind if something of Holly's was going to show up on Easter Sunday with a mysterious tip called in to LE. I still believe from day one that LE knew who took Holly. The day Holly disappeared LE didn't make a plea for the women in the area to be on alert for their safety. I believe that this may have been a kidnapping with a ransom. That could be the reason her parents and LE believed she was alive. During the search for Holly, didn't someone here find a motel key? Yet on interviews LE flat out state that no motel key was found. The ransom makes me wonder if that is what the statements " its not what it seems." I have wondered if the FBI gave the family some info and were told they don't want it shared and if info gets brought out to the public they won't share info to the family,because info released could hurt the case.

Since: Jan 13

Bloomington, IN

#120207 Apr 21, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogs don't lie because they don't speak. But they can be wrong or ineffective.
Look at what just happened in Boston where a bleeding suspect walked on foot and remained in an area for some time undetected by multiple local, state and federal dogs despite the largest manhunt in history.
The entire premise that because the dogs did not pick up her trail that day in April is idiotic. It proves nothing. She may have been very close but for whatever reason on that day those particular dogs were unable to track her scent. We won't know until the case is solved.
How would the police dogs on the day of the bombing be able to actually pick up the bombers scent? Even if they were also tracking dogs, it is unlikely that in such a short period of time that authorities were able to confiscate an item of clothing belonging to the guys for the dogs to track. My assumption was that the canines were brought in mostly to help the officers in case they found them in hiding; they send dogs in situations like these for the purpose of holding them at bay until they can handcuff the suspects.
Cvt6702

AOL

#120208 Apr 21, 2013
kiab wrote:
<quoted text>Glad to hear it. whew!! Yeah what people do not realize is even though Ghost Hunters was great in being a catalyst in bringing the paranormal field to the public...it still is a TV SHOW.. Its for entertainment. Not saying they haven't ever gotten evidence but they have let hollywood go to their heads. jmo. But enough about this lets get back to Holly.
Exactly what I think.
I've also decided their shows can't hurt if it gets more people believing in ghosts and the paranormal and life after death.
A few playful ghosts, voices and a few people scared about Evil Spirits will put a little more reality in those who believe when you're dead your dead, because that certainly isn't true the spirits of the dead are very much alive and free to travel about watching over their humans back on earth, and you can be sure some of the things they are watching now especially the old grandmother and grandfather from the button top shoe era are not taking very well to some of the things going on back here on earth, and they could at times feel like doing a little haunting to try to scare their decendants straight.
Cvt6702

AOL

#120209 Apr 21, 2013
JER29 wrote:
G to answer your question call CVT on the psychic hotline. Uaretard CVT isnt slow just possessed just ask her. G u r also slow... You can record your own greeting, welcome to the future u know the cell phone thingys.
People have reported hearing spirit voices on the telephone.
I am not saying Holly spoke on her phone, I'm just saying some spirits can speak in a human voice.
Cvt6702

AOL

#120210 Apr 21, 2013
deesnutz_n_dc wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank you so much for passing that on to me. I am not psychic, not really, maybe intuitive sometimes. But I don't doubt paranormal or psychic ability. I envy you. I see it as a gift from God, like everything else in life subject to abuse if one chooses.
I personally believe almost anyone can develop their psychic abilities and learn to communicate.
I learned how to do it after picking up one of Seerer Edgar Cayce's books and reading how he did it, and then I began to meditate and ask questions and it wasn't long before I began to get visits from Elvis Presley, President John F. Kennedy his brother Senator Robert F. Kennedy as starters.
Then one morning I looked towards my bedroom door and saw Jesus walk through wearing flowing robes and long hair and he came to the side of my bed and asked me to channel for him and other spirits to help to further belief in life after death.
I see on the internet people are doing classes to teach people how to do this, and that fine for those who want to but back when I began doing this I didn't have access to a computer so did it on my own with the help of those in spirit who are always looking for people interested in working with them.
And yes I have had a few problems with several of my relatives and Dr. Petas but one of the reasons for them doing this is they are trying to stop me from doing prophecies and looks into the past and the future, and doing my detective work as I have been doing.

Most people are quite safe doing this in my opinion unless you have a few relatives like mine and Dr. petas who became jealous of some of the other guides and wanted to hog all my time, instead of sharing me with the others who also wanted to communicate with those back on earth.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#120211 Apr 21, 2013
Boon1003 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you want us to "doubt her total innocence just a wee tiny bit"?
If you re-read my post, you will see that I'm not asking anyone to doubt, just asking what it would take for those who staunchly support the family through everything, to have a bit of doubt.

I once worked on a case of a convicted murderer, and his family said that while they believed 99% he was completely innocent, but there was the 1% that made them wonder. So, I was curious as to what it would take those who believe wholeheartedly that the family knows nothing or is completely innocent of ANY wrongdoing, to doubt that just even a tiny bit.
just looking

Pfafftown, NC

#120212 Apr 21, 2013
Hello I havent been here in a long time, do you think someone with a guilty conscious threw something out so there would be a search and possibly find something else leading to the true story without actually having to be known. Just my thoughts
DNF

Boston, MA

#120213 Apr 21, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
How would the police dogs on the day of the bombing be able to actually pick up the bombers scent? Even if they were also tracking dogs, it is unlikely that in such a short period of time that authorities were able to confiscate an item of clothing belonging to the guys for the dogs to track. My assumption was that the canines were brought in mostly to help the officers in case they found them in hiding; they send dogs in situations like these for the purpose of holding them at bay until they can handcuff the suspects.
I'm talking about the night of the chase and the next day when they cordoned off an area and he was just outside of it.

Dogs are extremely helpful in many but not all cases. People keep talking here as if their not being able to pick up a longer trail in those early days means something. I don't think that conclusion can be drawn.

Hard to believe in such a remote area there was a discarded bag so close to the color and size of hers. Would that type of find yield probable cause to get a search warrant to search an area maybe where they were denied prior?
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120214 Apr 21, 2013
just looking wrote:
Hello I havent been here in a long time, do you think someone with a guilty conscious threw something out so there would be a search and possibly find something else leading to the true story without actually having to be known. Just my thoughts
Not me. I think it was thrown out for the exact and only purpose
it has served. Media hype.
just looking

Pfafftown, NC

#120215 Apr 21, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me. I think it was thrown out for the exact and only purpose
it has served. Media hype.
Thank you for your opinion Im just trying to wrap my head around this strange event close to the anniversary date.

“Justice to KSwift and Holly”

Since: Feb 12

And Curtis

#120216 Apr 21, 2013
Cvt6702 wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally believe almost anyone can develop their psychic abilities and learn to communicate.
I learned how to do it after picking up one of Seerer Edgar Cayce's books and reading how he did it, and then I began to meditate and ask questions and it wasn't long before I began to get visits from Elvis Presley, President John F. Kennedy his brother Senator Robert F. Kennedy as starters.
Then one morning I looked towards my bedroom door and saw Jesus walk through wearing flowing robes and long hair and he came to the side of my bed and asked me to channel for him and other spirits to help to further belief in life after death.
I see on the internet people are doing classes to teach people how to do this, and that fine for those who want to but back when I began doing this I didn't have access to a computer so did it on my own with the help of those in spirit who are always looking for people interested in working with them.
And yes I have had a few problems with several of my relatives and Dr. Petas but one of the reasons for them doing this is they are trying to stop me from doing prophecies and looks into the past and the future, and doing my detective work as I have been doing.
Most people are quite safe doing this in my opinion unless you have a few relatives like mine and Dr. petas who became jealous of some of the other guides and wanted to hog all my time, instead of sharing me with the others who also wanted to communicate with those back on earth.
Locate Holly and go there to bring her home. That is all. End this today...
Its believable

Mcminnville, TN

#120217 Apr 21, 2013
Prayer Brings Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
If you re-read my post, you will see that I'm not asking anyone to doubt, just asking what it would take for those who staunchly support the family through everything, to have a bit of doubt.
I once worked on a case of a convicted murderer, and his family said that while they believed 99% he was completely innocent, but there was the 1% that made them wonder. So, I was curious as to what it would take those who believe wholeheartedly that the family knows nothing or is completely innocent of ANY wrongdoing, to doubt that just even a tiny bit.
Such a post makes me wander how you came to name your moniker. Your request is too weird, too far out for me to wrap my brain around. I don’t see this as a like vs. dislike, a ball game or car race subject to being someone's favorite last week but now we will turn against our favorite this week. This family has been forced to handle the ultimate of all pain right here on earth. Not knowing what has happened to your daughter/sister for the last two years would surly qualify as the ultimate pain. Therefore this family deserves all the love and prayers any of us can offer them, not think about what would make us turn on them after two years. Personally, I have never seen or heard of anything that would indicate they deserve anything short of all our love and prayers. So why must some here sit on their computer and post daily their ugly, dreamed up “what if/s” when the same posters would never do that to this family’s face, person to person. What kind of person would ever do what is done here? How many of those type of persons do we have here posting daily?
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120218 Apr 21, 2013
I saw where WS closed the place down over there!
Welcome, welcome case refugees.

Feel free to speak your mind.
Lord knows I do.
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120219 Apr 21, 2013
Its believable wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a post makes me wander how you came to name your moniker. Your request is too weird, too far out for me to wrap my brain around. I don’t see this as a like vs. dislike, a ball game or car race subject to being someone's favorite last week but now we will turn against our favorite this week. This family has been forced to handle the ultimate of all pain right here on earth. Not knowing what has happened to your daughter/sister for the last two years would surly qualify as the ultimate pain. Therefore this family deserves all the love and prayers any of us can offer them, not think about what would make us turn on them after two years. Personally, I have never seen or heard of anything that would indicate they deserve anything short of all our love and prayers. So why must some here sit on their computer and post daily their ugly, dreamed up “what if/s” when the same posters would never do that to this family’s face, person to person. What kind of person would ever do what is done here? How many of those type of persons do we have here posting daily?
PBP has a right to her thoughts and opinions, in the face of such a flimsy story offered by this family for the past two years.

Maybe your time would be better spent away from your computer and holding the family's hands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tbi grow up 32 min kflow12 2
Hot girls of Decatur County 17 hr smh 8
White girls & black babies (Oct '13) 20 hr Storm 62
Found Chihuahua Dog...Tan Thu Hopeful 2
Drew Scott (Dec '11) Thu Tyler Harvey 325
towboater Wed matchmaker 14
Manitowoc/ kolpak (Jun '13) Wed work 21
Parsons Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web