Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 268294 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Its believable

Sparta, TN

#120271 Apr 21, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
@ It's believable,
Oh yes, I most certainly would have had NO qualms at all, about holding up signs at the recent anniversary carnival asking them to release the 911 calls,(if there really are any), asking them
why did they never correct the media about Drew's photo instead of Clint's and why the heck they never got a SAR team or PI as soon as the TBI dropped formal searches after 11 days.
Then, I would in turn ask the TBI, why they stopped formal searches in the case. And was it
because of planted evidence in this case.
I’m sure you would have been right there with those signs. And if I will believe that one, I surely will believe anything else you post. Is that the way it should go? And is that why you have felt a need to change your posting name as frequently as you have and have even admitted to changing it after being called out on it several times.

Since: Jan 13

Bradley, IL

#120272 Apr 21, 2013
Its believable wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for a view into your window of life. Sorry that the games you play on the different sites has been all you've had in your life. Now I can better understand why some do not understand the meaning of love. By the way, I liked your Sunday Morning summon today to CVT6702, but I must say I can't understand how your summon and your evilness toward the Bobo family can possibly go hand-in-hand unless you are carrying the devil on your shoulder for the most part. Maybe you should think about it. Apparently there is good in you, but there is also evidence of much evilness present at the same time.
I am sorry you perceive me as 'evil'- I am a sinner like everyone, but I do strive to walk in the Light and not in darkness. I do believe I understand the meaning of love; I have been very lucky to have come from a solid, practicing Christian home and have tried to do likewise with my children. I have been blessed while growing up with loving aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, and other extended family members. It wasn't until I was grown and got some age on me that I realized so much, how many people have not grown up as lucky. However, the reality check for everyone is that not all humans are as they sometimes appear. The reason I brought up the word 'armchair detective' is because that is one of the purposes of Topix; and that is for people to be able to express their concerns concerning unsolved crimes. And if a TRUE detective went only by what friends and relatives told them, and listened to their advice to 'leave certain people alone' because they "just know" they are innocent, they would be out of a job and career.

SOMEBODY has to have a wide perspective and unslanted look at all family members when one of them goes missing. Although hopefully it won't apply to the Bobo family, in a large number of crimes in the U.S. when a child or family member goes missing, either a close relative is responsible or they know more than they will tell LE because they have some secrets to hide. These are the statistical facts - whether we like it or not.

It is interesting that you and some others who come on here are so protective of the Bobo's; I can understand it if you are a relative or close friend, because that would be understandable. But if you are not, just don't be automatically blinded by how they appear and what others have said they are. When crimes are solved soon after they have been committed it is true that families are usually spared too much scrutinizing by the public. But since this has been going on so long, unfortunately frustrations with the public keep mounting... and you know very well there are many who have doubts and many questions that some of us on here have raised - we certainly are not alone.
Its believable

Sparta, TN

#120273 Apr 21, 2013
Prayer Brings Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
I said what I said, and I made clear what was meant by it. Take it any way you choose. You don't even have to reply if you don't want to.
As for my moniker, it is what it is. Yes, I believe in the power of prayer. That's that. But who are YOU to judge anything about ME? At least I'm registered, and not hiding. I'm registered so if someone has a beef with me and wants to discuss it, they may through private messages so that it doesn't 'dirty up' the board. I'm also registered so everyone knows I'm on the up and up. What about you? Not so much. Thank you, have a nice day!
Just expressing my opinion, no more, no less. And my stated opinions toward you are not near as bad as your game of theories being stated against the Bobo family daily. How does registering one’s assumed moniker (as yours) expose who you really are? Truth is, I can be found almost as quickly and easily as someone can find your true identity while we both are attempting to protect our true identity with assumed names. IMO, what I do here is NOT called “dirty up” anything around here since nothing gets posted except “dirty words” against the Bobo family. You should understand where I am coming from.

If I have a beef with someone here, I will always see that it gets handled right here and not off this thread. I refuse to be here as anyone’s buddy. As I see it, some of you have too thin of skin to be posting on this thread. You like dishing it out against this vulnerable family, the Bobos, but you can’t take some of the same back in your own face. Anyone with such an attitude is rather puzzling to me, especially after that person slings around the words of praying or prayers constantly. How does one’s heart (faith) justify any such performance? Don't even attempt to answer that because you could never make me understand.
Its believable

Sparta, TN

#120274 Apr 21, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
A couple of posters here, and I have come to the conclusion that
LE became aware of something amiss in this case early on. We believe they didn't buy the story and worked off the assumption that Holly was gone no telling how long before they were called so a roadblock at that point was moot.
I suspect that the cops have reason to believe that Karen may have had contact with Holly and folded up their tent and left.
About who spoke to who or was texting who, it is my theory that Holly left her cellphone at home and Karen had it all along.
I believe she had it in her purse she left along with her OWN cellphone at the school. It's the only way I can make sense of her actions and "phone tag". She was using both phones to text.
Therefore, I suspect that the fainting routine was an act. I think she was worried, I think she was nervous, but not about an abduction. I did not buy into the first presser. They did not plea for her release...they ask for Holly to try to get to A phone.
Showing they knew she didn't have her cellphone.
JMO, OMO.
Guess someone should have told Karen that LE was going to get info from Holly’s best friends so she should have made sure Holly would not have any contact with any friend or Drew before she was allegedly to be abducted. Now that is a wild tale if I ever heard of one. Sounds like three as told by “Guess Who” left their brains stored in the pickled vinagar jar to me. Maybe the next theory will work out better.
Wow Wow

Tucker, GA

#120275 Apr 21, 2013
wtn sweetheart wrote:
<quoted text>
Clint, refused a lie deactivate test. U keep saying the time line dont fit, the only ppl that has give times and suppose to seen Holly the morning was karen, clint. The ones involved with the cover up. U think its ok for u to bring peoples names in this that has been cleared but nobody is suppose to have an opinion different then yours. Alot of people think clint is involved and the Moma and daddy is help cover it up.
wow

Since: Jul 11

Central KY

#120276 Apr 21, 2013
Rosemary how did you get to Tn in the 1st place astral projection? Couldnt you have floated into LEs headquarters while visiting? If the ghosts appear exactly as they did how do you know they are ghost? Hi Im .......... Group Hi .......... just tell us your story.

Bradley, IL

#120277 Apr 21, 2013
Shefner wrote:
Please, all, do not tire of me asking questions of you....
But I could agree that something happened to Holly the night before her disappearance except that she spoke to several people by phone the morning of the 13th. She spoke to her mom, Drew and another school friend. How can we explain this if she indeed was gone from home that morning?
Its hard for me to imagine someone like Holly voluntarily leaving home for days on end and worrying her family....not to mention the weeks and months that have followed.
I felt that perhaps someone that Clint knew, and perhaps was entangled with, took Holly that morning. Could have been related to drugs or some other illegal activity? Even so, how then would Karen fall out on the phone when she heard that someone in camo was walking into the woods with Holly? Its like she KNEW that something was wrong before any one else would even think that. Why was Karen hysterical when Clint told her he thought Holly was walking into the woods with Drew...even if she knew it wasn't Drew? That makes no sense whatsoever.
I want to believe Clint, Karen and everyone in the family. But it just doesn't add up.
You brought up a good point concerning the theory that Holly left the night before. I have problems with it, because as you mentioned, there are others who said they also talked to her the following morning, not just family members. I do realize that she could have been somewhere besides where they thought she was, simply because she was talking most of the time on her cell, I assume. But that would imply that if she was somewhere else, they were not aware of it I don't believe, and that would indicate she had left on her own volition.

But then we have other problems, such as her blood and her scream, if indeed it was hers. And if it was, I really do not think she would have gone to the trouble to stage all the few facts and evidence that we do have, although I assume "Guess Who" does. But these thoughts are among the reasons this missing person case is so complex.

Central KY

#120278 Apr 21, 2013
Yeah I can just sede G standing in Parsons with a sign, Hi Im stupid and her buddy Eileen has another 1 Im with stupid.

Bradley, IL

#120279 Apr 21, 2013
Its believable wrote:
<quoted text>
Just expressing my opinion, no more, no less. And my stated opinions toward you are not near as bad as your game of theories being stated against the Bobo family daily. How does registering one’s assumed moniker (as yours) expose who you really are? Truth is, I can be found almost as quickly and easily as someone can find your true identity while we both are attempting to protect our true identity with assumed names. IMO, what I do here is NOT called “dirty up” anything around here since nothing gets posted except “dirty words” against the Bobo family. You should understand where I am coming from.
If I have a beef with someone here, I will always see that it gets handled right here and not off this thread. I refuse to be here as anyone’s buddy. As I see it, some of you have too thin of skin to be posting on this thread. You like dishing it out against this vulnerable family, the Bobos, but you can’t take some of the same back in your own face. Anyone with such an attitude is rather puzzling to me, especially after that person slings around the words of praying or prayers constantly. How does one’s heart (faith) justify any such performance? Don't even attempt to answer that because you could never make me understand.
Huh? WHO is 'thin skinned'? Wow... maybe you better look in the mirror! LOL! But I will say this; if you are Karen Bobo, then I understand.
Its believable

Sparta, TN

#120280 Apr 21, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry you perceive me as 'evil'- I am a sinner like everyone, but I do strive to walk in the Light and not in darkness. I do believe I understand the meaning of love; I have been very lucky to have come from a solid, practicing Christian home and have tried to do likewise with my children. I have been blessed while growing up with loving aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, and other extended family members. It wasn't until I was grown and got some age on me that I realized so much, how many people have not grown up as lucky. However, the reality check for everyone is that not all humans are as they sometimes appear. The reason I brought up the word 'armchair detective' is because that is one of the purposes of Topix; and that is for people to be able to express their concerns concerning unsolved crimes. And if a TRUE detective went only by what friends and relatives told them, and listened to their advice to 'leave certain people alone' because they "just know" they are innocent, they would be out of a job and career.
SOMEBODY has to have a wide perspective and unslanted look at all family members when one of them goes missing. Although hopefully it won't apply to the Bobo family, in a large number of crimes in the U.S. when a child or family member goes missing, either a close relative is responsible or they know more than they will tell LE because they have some secrets to hide. These are the statistical facts - whether we like it or not.
It is interesting that you and some others who come on here are so protective of the Bobo's; I can understand it if you are a relative or close friend, because that would be understandable. But if you are not, just don't be automatically blinded by how they appear and what others have said they are. When crimes are solved soon after they have been committed it is true that families are usually spared too much scrutinizing by the public. But since this has been going on so long, unfortunately frustrations with the public keep mounting... and you know very well there are many who have doubts and many questions that some of us on here have raised - we certainly are not alone.
I am not a relative, not considered a friend. Hope that clears that up. Yes, you can keep making excuses, one after another but right is right and wrong is wrong. You, nor anyone else that post here, knows enough to be able to discuss the criminal investigation of this case. So, none of us have sufficient info to be able to point a finger toward anyone's direction, whether family or non-family. With your description of your own upbringing, and now your own family, God help us all if this is anything for all our future families. That is, the likes of your teachings in families yet to come. Do you have no moral?
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120281 Apr 21, 2013
Its believable wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m sure you would have been right there with those signs. And if I will believe that one, I surely will believe anything else you post. Is that the way it should go? And is that why you have felt a need to change your posting name as frequently as you have and have even admitted to changing it after being called out on it several times.
OFF TOPIC
Well sir, I am waiting breathlessly to find out who all I've been posting as here.

I have had two very obvious, very recognizable poster names, and no others. I changed it as a friendly joke, and because people always assumed I was a man, as Gambler.
I am still very fond of it though. <sigh>
Wow Wow

Tucker, GA

#120282 Apr 21, 2013
Abducton Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. There appears to be a lack of communication both ways. Did the Bobo's and the elusive Drew lawyer up early on in the investigation ... maybe about the time that there was suspicion within the investigation pertaining to Clint.
+++++
Holly Bobo Family Opens Up On OpenLine
Posted: Aug 09, 2011 7:43 PM PDT
Updated: Aug 09, 2011 8:16 PM PDT
On Tuesday night, Karen Bobo along with her husband, Dana, and son, Clint, agreed to take calls from NewsChannel 5 viewers during the hour-long, live broadcast of "OpenLine" on cable channel NewsChannel 5+.
Karen Bobo admitted she has had a hard time understanding the TBI's initial suspicion of Clint Bobo, Holly's brother. Clint Bobo was the first to be interrogated that fateful morning, since he was the last to see her alive.
http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15239639/ho...
wow

Central KY

#120283 Apr 21, 2013
G let me get this straight 1st Holly isnt a real person and all of her photos are altered. Next she becomes real and goes to a concert and decides to leave her home, car, wallet, friends, boyfriend, church, education and comes back 2 years later to throw out a fake bag that a neighbors dog just happens to drag up. WOW you have earned your sign keep up the good work.
Its believable

Sparta, TN

#120284 Apr 21, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? WHO is 'thin skinned'? Wow... maybe you better look in the mirror! LOL! But I will say this; if you are Karen Bobo, then I understand.
But I'm not.

Central KY

#120285 Apr 21, 2013
I see A.S. has been conjured up as well now we get to read JVM over and over and over.......
Wow Wow

Tucker, GA

#120286 Apr 21, 2013
Abducton Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. If Clint had told one story and stuck to it regarding his observation and actions on the morning of April 30th ... his observation and actions encompassing the alleged abduction of his sister ... I might have bought it. However ... the truth does not change.
wow
Its believable

Sparta, TN

#120287 Apr 21, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
OFF TOPIC
Well sir, I am waiting breathlessly to find out who all I've been posting as here.
I have had two very obvious, very recognizable poster names, and no others. I changed it as a friendly joke, and because people always assumed I was a man, as Gambler.
I am still very fond of it though. <sigh>
As Gambler, weren't you the red hi-heel lady. I don't recall posters calling you a man. Gee, why would it make any difference one way or the other what anyone called you? Sounds a little too thin to me.
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120288 Apr 21, 2013
Jer, do you need me to sign you an autograph, or what? All your post are about me. It's gotton creepy.

I never said Holly threw out the purse this week.
The other, you already know the answer to.
Now, post about the case or pick another poster to fixate on, kay?

Since: Feb 10

Huntsville, AL

#120289 Apr 21, 2013
Guess Who wrote:
Here is something else I was thinking about awhile ago. I came across this article:
http://www.wkrn.com/story/21110743/holly-bobo...

Dana and Karen mention calling Holly's phone still and leaving messages. Now I know at some point the box becomes full and a robotic voice will advise you of this.

I have never personally called anyone's cellphone and had anything other than a robotic male or female voice (depending on the carrier), tell me,
no one is available to take your call if it isn't answered either. So how are they hearing Holly's voice? Also, that led me to wondering how cellphones taken as evidence are handled in general.
Are the numbers transferred to a TBI answering service that records who calls and if any messages are left? Do they keep phones charged and periodically check them?

That did not seem feasible as they may have hundreds if not thousands of cellphones in the lockup.
You have the option to set up a personal message or not. Also, the voicemails all go through the service provider's servers and are temporarily stored there. This way, the phone doesn't have to be charged in order to receive voice mails, texts, etc. As long as the account is active (paid) this could happen indefinitely. So the phone could be setting uncharged in an evidence bag somewhere and the voicemails can still be obtained remotely with a PIN number via the server. Mailbox can also be emptied the same way.
Guess Who

Townsend, GA

#120290 Apr 21, 2013
Its believable wrote:
<quoted text>
But I'm not.
Okay Dude, fine, you aren't Karen.
Can we move along?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parsons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason Autry (Apr '14) 3 hr JER29 2,578
Girl at gas station beside DG 13 hr anonymous 1
Looking for someone to cut and buy timber (Dec '13) 20 hr Morning hardwood 18
Marshal and amber 21 hr Parsons citizen 1
News Holly Bobo's abductor traced on winding, delibe... (May '13) Mon SunShine 48
News Slain woman's rural hometown seeks healing afte... Mon Jehovahcordell 5
Charles Allen Mon Queenie 11

Parsons Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Parsons Mortgages